Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by zerbam
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hi Everyone,

We hope everyone has been staying safe and healthy out there during this Covid 19 Pandemic. SuAnn and myself have pretty much stayed home for the most part, she is working from home but I'm still going into the shop seven days a week like nothing has ever happened. We've only ate out a few times and only leave the house when it's absolutely "essential". These are strange times that we're living in and who knows how much longer it will last or what lies ahead but staying a good six feet away from others is very important for all of us to maintain while things are still going on.

That being said we've had to make a very hard decision this year regarding our 18th Annual "12 Hours of Pinball" party and having 200 people here during the Pandemic is not something we want to do and we doubt that 200 people would want to be here..., so we've decided to officially announce that there will be no party this year. If things are settled down by this time next year we will rethink if we want to move forward and continue as usual but again for this year we've decided to cancel the party. We will miss all of you that would have attended and we look forward to seeing you some other time down the road. We hope everyone understands and stays safe.

Take care,

John and SuAnn Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.

#2 3 years ago

Stay safe John and SuAnn.
    Love your 12 Hours of Pinball, but holding off this year makes good sense.
    Hope to see you in spring at 2021 Pinball at the Zoo, and hope you decide to have your 12 Hours again!

#3 3 years ago

The right choice for your safety and the guests. See ya in 2021!

#4 3 years ago

I'll miss seeing you and SuAnn this year John, but totally get the cancellation. You two stay safe. Here's hoping for a better 2021.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Hi Everyone,
    We hope everyone has been staying safe and healthy out there during this Covid 19 Pandemic. SuAnn and myself have pretty much stayed home for the most part, she is working from home but I'm still going into the shop seven days a week like nothing has ever happened. We've only ate out a few times and only leave the house when it's absolutely "essential". These are strange times that we're living in and who knows how much longer it will last or what lies ahead but staying a good six feet away from others is very important for all of us to maintain while things are still going on.
    That being said we've had to make a very hard decision this year regarding our 18th Annual "12 Hours of Pinball" party and having 200 people here during the Pandemic is not something we want to do and we doubt that 200 people would want to be here..., so we've decided to officially announce that there will be no party this year. If things are settled down by this time next year we will rethink if we want to move forward and continue as usual but again for this year we've decided to cancel the party. We will miss all of you that would have attended and we look forward to seeing you some other time down the road. We hope everyone understands and stays safe.
    Take care,
    John and SuAnn Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.

Can we all camp out and tailgate on your front-lawn instead?
    6 feet apart of course!

#6 3 years ago

I think it's the right move too. 12 months from now we'll all be watching for the 2021 announcement!

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Hi Everyone,
    Take care,
    John and SuAnn Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.

Virtual Night of Pinball? You play the games and we all watch on Zoom?
    Cheers John, you've been a stalwart for pinball.

There has to be a T-Shirt for this occasion?!

#8 3 years ago

I hope to make it to your party one of these years. So I hope you continue to hold them when it is safe to do so

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Virtual Night of Pinball? You play the games and we all watch on Zoom?
    Cheers John, you've been a stalwart for pinball.
    There has to be a T-Shirt for this occasion?!

Actually the Tshirt artwork with the year 2020 on it is basically complete, I thought about making a few shirts up anyways as they might be "collector items" years from now....LOL. But who collects pinball Tshirts...?

John

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Actually the Tshirt artwork with the year 2020 on it is basically complete, I thought about making a few shirts up anyways as they might be "collector items" years from now....LOL. But who collects pinball Tshirts...?
    John

OH... I don't know....
    BTW, I'll take one. XL

#11 3 years ago

Perhaps it would be interesting to have the art updated to say something like 'canceled due to covid' to kind of mark the occasion?

3 weeks later
    #12 3 years ago

Sorry to hear John!

But there’s something about keeping that legacy going! I’d be in for a virtual party to keep that streak alive!

We’d be in for 2 shirts also to honor the occasion!

Stay safe!

#13 3 years ago

Yeah I thought about all that, but it would really take away from what the party's have become and what people expect out of it. I wouldn't want to call it the 18th annual and not have it be up to it's full potential based on the previous party's. It's just been a bad year all the way around for everybody and everything.....

John

#14 3 years ago

Will definitely see you next yr

#15 3 years ago

Completely agree with your decision, much as i will miss the party. Please, you and SuAnn stay safe. See you at PATZ...

#16 3 years ago

your party is a highlight of my pinball year..........always a great time.........good pinball people and great hosts.........and awesome machines.........see you next year!!!!!!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dayhuff-s-18th-annual-12-hours-of-pinball-party-?hl=pinaddikt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.