(Topic ID: 225109)

Dayhuff's 16th Annual Pinball Party Invite...Please RSVP.

By Dayhuff

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dayhuff
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Group shot (resized).JPG
    IMG_0126 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0123 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0124 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0122 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0128 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20181104_015244_572 (resized).jpg
    53BAB065-BBDE-49B2-B45A-2BB71F7CB18E (resized).jpeg
    3A9B7E11-7F92-40DC-BF02-CC28DACC5003 (resized).jpeg
    B1B9BB15-3D21-47DE-BAB0-15061F4522EA (resized).jpeg
    A560BB87-A49C-4221-A9FC-5F61664742AB (resized).jpeg
    20181103_121453 (resized).jpg
    20181103_121438 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0086 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0082 (resized).JPG
    dayhuffFRONT-1 (resized).jpg
    There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago

Finalizing the Zen trophies on Monday and should be done Wed. or Thurs. T-shirts are done and will be picked up on Tuesday. So things are starting to come together and time is ticking down....get me your RSVP's
    Thanks,
    John

#52 5 years ago

Really bummed I can't make it this year. If you're going have fun and post a few pics in this thread. Hopefully it's dry out there this year.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#53 5 years ago

Yeah that's a bummer Rob. I still have three of your water bottles here and plan on using them as some of the Zen prizes this year. Marcus will probably shoot another video this year so stay tuned for that.

John

#54 5 years ago

Karen and I will be there. RSVP email sent! Thanks John!

Here's video I shot from 2005 at the 5th annual event back in 2007.

Here's a time-lapse video from the same year covering all 12 hours. (Two parts)

Part 1

Part 2

#55 5 years ago

Just got back from a five hour round trip to pick up the shirts in Toledo Ohio. Now to get them separated, sorted, bagged and tagged.
    Hopefully I'll have the trophies in hand tomorrow......

John

#56 5 years ago

Floyd decided he at least wanted to help since none of the shirts will fit him but he found a good use for them anyways....
    John

IMG_0082 (resized).JPGIMG_0082 (resized).JPG
    #57 5 years ago

Just picked up the trophies for this years Zen game tournament. Check them out.

John

IMG_0086 (resized).JPGIMG_0086 (resized).JPG
    #58 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Just picked up the trophies for this years Zen game tournament. Check them out.

John
    [quoted image]

They look awesome. Brown cardboard box is the game. Very rare, I don't even see it listed....

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from GrueLurks:

Karen and I will be there. RSVP email sent! Thanks John!
    Here's video I shot from 2005 at the 5th annual event back in 2007.
    Here's a time-lapse video from the same year covering all 12 hours. (Two parts)
    Part 1
    Part 2

That 07 party was the first year I was there. I noticed my Hulk, and todd carter in the video and aaron the soda pop man. It ended up being really packed in there that year. too much for me. J.D. needs to get a bigger basement! Maybe a 3 seasons porch I can smoke in....

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

That 07 party was the first year I was there. I noticed my Hulk, and todd carter in the video and aaron the soda pop man. It ended up being really packed in there that year. too much for me. J.D. needs to get a bigger basement! Maybe a 3 seasons porch I can smoke in....

I thought you were a permanent member of the BSing on the patio crew.......

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

J.D. needs to get a bigger basement! Maybe a 3 seasons porch I can smoke in....

I have one, we call it the garage for some silly reason. Actually for the party it's the official smokers lounge. Use it to your full smoking enjoyment.

John

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Use it to your full smoking enjoyment.
    John

Careful what you say MI is a medical marijuana state and you might be looking for a skunk for a week

#63 5 years ago

Yes I do spend more time on the back patio than in the house, I am a abit of a agoraphobic. plus I do enjoy my last vice... hookers and cigarettes are ok

#64 5 years ago

Did somebody say HOOKERS??

John

#65 5 years ago

Hi noon. Party on.....

John

#66 5 years ago

Headed that way!!!

#67 5 years ago

12:05, second to arrive.

20181103_121438 (resized).jpg20181103_121438 (resized).jpg20181103_121453 (resized).jpg20181103_121453 (resized).jpg
    #68 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

12:05, second to arrive.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome- Terribly disappointed not to be able to make it this year.

#69 5 years ago

Thanks to the Dayhuffs, they are wonderful hosts and the party was great!

#70 5 years ago

Was? It's got 2-1/2 hours to go!
    And yes, it is awesome.

#71 5 years ago

Thanks John, it was great!

#72 5 years ago

Had a blast at your event, thank ypu so much for opening your home and welcoming us in. Already looking forward to next year.. came in fourth in the Zen tourney.. great time and a little slice of heaven on earth

#73 5 years ago

As usual, the party Rocked! Had a great time. Thank you so much for the opportunity to come and play pinball with so many pinheads. Make sure to reward SuAnn for her hospitality and Pete for running a great tournament! The food was great. The company of friends and family was great, and most of all, the games were great! Looking forward to seeing everyone next time. Until then, keep flippin'!

#74 5 years ago

What a great day!
    Thanks John and SuAnn. Had lots of fun and talked to a lot of great folks.
    Thanks Pete for running the Zen tournament.

#75 5 years ago

It was my first time there. I felt like Charlie at the chocolate factory. Incredible arcade space and collection. Thanks so much for putting this on, I can only imagine how hard this is to do.
    Here is what I played a few games on.
    Evel Knievel EM
    Charlie’s angels EM
    Spirit
    Iron Maiden
    Spectrum
    Fathom
    6 Mill$ man and OO7
    Where else can you do that !!!!
    The Dayhuffs are great hosts and I hope they can continue offering this wonderful experience to all.
    Thanks

#76 5 years ago

It was really neat to see all the t-shirts from years past lined up!

No bad ones, but some are definitely better than others. The OG ‘Charlie’s Angels” T-shirt blew my mind!

3A9B7E11-7F92-40DC-BF02-CC28DACC5003 (resized).jpeg3A9B7E11-7F92-40DC-BF02-CC28DACC5003 (resized).jpegA560BB87-A49C-4221-A9FC-5F61664742AB (resized).jpegA560BB87-A49C-4221-A9FC-5F61664742AB (resized).jpegB1B9BB15-3D21-47DE-BAB0-15061F4522EA (resized).jpegB1B9BB15-3D21-47DE-BAB0-15061F4522EA (resized).jpeg
    #77 5 years ago

This “Blondie” comic strip is great too!

Dayhuff keep living the dream

53BAB065-BBDE-49B2-B45A-2BB71F7CB18E (resized).jpeg53BAB065-BBDE-49B2-B45A-2BB71F7CB18E (resized).jpeg
    #78 5 years ago

Thanks to John and SuAnn for hosting a great party, Im not sure what was more amazing to see the pins or all the signs and things hanging on the wall and ceilings! I had alot of fun until I got home at 10pm and had to carry the Nascar pinball my brother in law bought down my stairs.

#79 5 years ago

I'm hardly ever able to make these, but kudos to John and Sue for doing this and sharing with all! Still one of the best collections ever!

#80 5 years ago

Can't thank John and SuAnn enough for hosting this amazing party...simply astounding on every level.

It was great meeting all of you....thanks to all the Zen tourney participants, hope you had fun!

High fives to all. It's always a blast, and at the end of the night, I always feel blessed that the hobby has such great people involved.

Pete

IMG_20181104_015244_572 (resized).jpgIMG_20181104_015244_572 (resized).jpg
    #81 5 years ago

Thanks John and SuAnn for letting us all invade your home and thanks Pete for running the tournament

#82 5 years ago

Thanks to JD and Suzie Q for opening their home to the party. This year was the best for sure. The food was amazing, I wish I could express in words how good that food was. yes I was hungry, but smoked meat (Its there every year and always great but this year the best, I forget who makes this over on the east side, I can picture him, and cant think of the name urgh!)that lasagna, and that sausage gravy, meat balls. I didnt even get to the whole table of sweets because I was going in to a food coma.

It takes the hosts a buttload of time and mulah to put that party on, so I think it is very cool of the folks who bring food. oh, also that pasta salad with bacon. dam!

The pinball was pretty cool.

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

The food was amazing, I wish I could express in words how good that food was. yes I was hungry ... I think it is very cool of the folks who bring food. oh, also that pasta salad with bacon. dam!

I think someone needs a “will clear coat for food” card board sign or T-shirt!

#84 5 years ago

In case you missed it, here's the 2018 Dayhuff Pinball Party video!

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

In case you missed it, here's the 2018 Dayhuff Pinball Party video!

Thanks for doing the video...nice job showcasing that amazing collection...

#86 5 years ago

Just wanted to say thank you for all that attended this years party and who brought some of the wonderful goodies for all of use to eat upon so that we could "refuel" so to speak to help keep the pinball's rolling the entire 12 hours. Fantastic mixture of all sorts and was glad to see people really stepping up again this year, I can't thank you enough.

Special thanks to Pete and Julie Mathis for taking the entire day out of there busy life's and spending it here with all of us. Pete ran the tournament as always and really has it down to a teachers science without missing a beat. Julie helps my wife SuAnn upstairs with all the food, clean up and basically helping people out with anything they needed. Again, thanks to the both of you for always being there!!!

Marcus Anderson who shows us once again that he knows how to work that video camera as evident in the above video. Thanks as always Marcus for taking the time to do so.

Ryan Claytor was a big help this year because I needed to find another artist to do the T-shirt artwork. He suggested one of his students Lora Root who really knocked it out of the park with not only her communication between her and myself but with getting the artwork done so quickly and all the while we kept throwing little changes in here and there. Thank you Ryan and thank you Lora for everything you did and I hope we can continue again next year.

Also like to throw a shout out to Jupmode in Toledo Ohio who has done the printing of the T-shirts for the last two years. Let me start off by saying that the shirts are the biggest headache of doing the party, there's a lot of stars that have to align in order to get it done not only on time but done right the first time. I've been in pretty much all the T-shirt printing places here in town and had various issues with all of them (besides one that went out of business...) but mostly it was anything from lack of interest on there part to many of them being dark, dirty and basically feeling unimportant when I was in there and two years ago I vowed to never step foot in any of them again. Two years ago Jeff Rumsey told me about Jupmode after listening to my problems with the locals and I've been in love with this place ever since. Last year was the first time I walked into the store and it was bright, clean, shirts folded nicely and everything in its' place and a warm and friendly staff that seemed very sincere in helping me out. Basically it was the bizarro world of every other T-shirt place I'd ever been too. This year was no exception and I'll continue to use them for years to come. If your in need of some shirts being printed I would highly recommend you search there website out and or give them a call, they preform miracle's.

Also I'd like to throw out the name of a local business I used this year for the first time and that was Recognition Inc. who did the trophies this year. In the past it had been Joe Kace from Laseriffic but as many of you know Joe has moved on to other things and I was stuck looking for an alternative for this year. I tried Recognition and owner Mike seemed very interested in making up the three trophies that I required for this years party. I told him what I wanted and he also got it done on time and did a great job. So thanks to Mike at Recognition Inc. here in Battle Creek.

And always last but the most important is a thank you to my wonderful wife SuAnn. For the last 23 years she has put up with my insanity and for helping me make this 16th annual party happen this year. I could never, AND I DO MEAN NEVER put this party on at this sort of level if not for her being by my side all these years. On a personal level, this years party was the hardest one for us to do and especially for her and less than two months ago I even suggested to her for us to not even do the party this year....., but she flat out refused to let certain things stand in the way of letting all of you people into our home and for that I think she is owed the biggest thank you of all. I love you!!!

Thanks again to everyone and hopefully we'll see you again next year.

John

#87 5 years ago

Had a really great time, thank you for doing this!

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from TiltingT:

Had a blast at your event, thank ypu so much for opening your home and welcoming us in. Already looking forward to next year.. came in fourth in the Zen tourney.. great time and a little slice of heaven on earth

You came in fourth, no I came in fourth. It was great to meet you and I just wish we could have replicated what we did in the first round.

Big thanks to John and SuAnn for allowing us into their wonderful home, and to everyone that brought food. Big thanks to Pete and Julie as well. Had so much fun. Can't wait til next year.

#89 5 years ago

This sounds like it was so much fun!!!! I was going to RSVP just a couple days before event, but wife broke her arm at work. Much props for hosting this amazing looking event and I 100% am planning on going next year as long as you are having it again!!

#90 5 years ago

Thanks so much Suann and John it was a great time, Rhythm

#91 5 years ago

Thanks to both you and Suann and everyone else behind the scenes for making this such a great time, year after year. My son and I had a blast (as always) and I don't take for granted how lucky we are to live within driving distance of such a great time. THANK YOU!!

#92 5 years ago

Picture of this years 1st place trophies that were award to each of the first place winners. They look small in the picture but there actually 6.5" tall and 6" wide and 5/8ths thick.

John

IMG_0128 (resized).JPGIMG_0128 (resized).JPG
    #93 5 years ago

Dam, thats an original idea. very cool trophy.

#94 5 years ago

Zen tournament winners starting with first place on Fast Draw were....

Jenne and Rhianna who each won a trophy and a T-shirt with 26,630 points
    IMG_0122 (resized).JPGIMG_0122 (resized).JPG

Second place was John and Mindy who each won a T-shirt and water bottle with 24,500 points
    IMG_0124 (resized).JPGIMG_0124 (resized).JPG

Third place was Ryan and Ben who each won a translight of there choice with 21,550 points
    IMG_0123 (resized).JPGIMG_0123 (resized).JPG

And fourth place was Travis and Shane who each won a flyer of there choice with 16,590 points
    IMG_0126 (resized).JPGIMG_0126 (resized).JPG

And finally the group shot of everyone along with Pete Mathis who got knocked out on the first round but defiantly knocked it out of the park with running the tournament again this year. Thanks Pete and thanks to everyone that got involved in the tournament. Your all winners in my book.
    Group shot (resized).JPGGroup shot (resized).JPG

John

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Ryan and Ben who each won a translight of there choice

Ben had a choice and picked SF2?

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Second place was John and Mindy who each won a T-shirt and water bottle with 24,500 points

Congratulations John and Mindy - thanks for showing off those great looking KAHR.US Circuits sport bottles!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Ben had a choice and picked SF2?

Hey, I love SF2. And, that thing is an amazing work of art that transcends pinball. Ben made a great choice.

(Man, I played soooo much SF2 back in the day).

9 months later
    #98 4 years ago

Just remembered that Dayhuff's 17th is only about 2 months away? maybe? Made me all warm and fuzzy inside. Hope all is well Dayhuff!

#99 4 years ago

ONLY two months away? More like 58 days , 21 hours and 28 minutes......but who's counting? Official announcement is coming soon so keep an eye out for it.

John

#100 4 years ago

Awesome!!!

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dayhuff-s-16th-annual-pinball-party-inviteplease-rsvp/page/2?hl=demonstyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.