(Topic ID: 311013)

Anyone know David Grant from MN

By rx2006je

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A709826F-10F4-4D8E-B7CB-B3491F05C812 (resized).jpeg
    7B99A7C2-FA99-41ED-99EB-94155CB3C700 (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

I placed a want ad for a CSI machine here in marketplace. I was contacted via email by David Grant from Minnesota wanting to know if I was still interested in a CSI. We corresponded and have a price and the only way I can pay him is via bank transfer. I am Leary of that due to the amount of scams for machines out there. He doesn’t have a pinside account or at least at the time of contacting me. He said he got my email from pinside but without a pinside account how is that possible. I really want the machine but wondered if anyone has done business with him before before I send off the cash. I asked for a video of game play he sent that to me and I asked for a hand written note with my email address and a spoon on the machine and he did that. All seems good, just wanted to check here and see.

#2 2 years ago

I don't think he could get your email address from pinside even if he had an account.

#3 2 years ago

This is the the response I got when I questioned him about how he got my email and was he on pinside.

7B99A7C2-FA99-41ED-99EB-94155CB3C700 (resized).jpeg7B99A7C2-FA99-41ED-99EB-94155CB3C700 (resized).jpeg
    #4 2 years ago

are you in North East Alabama Table Tennis (NEATT) ?
    is your email there? - J E**** ?

Pretty easy scammer search if so.... so IF so, just DON'T

#5 2 years ago

I used to be. Wow that was easy to find.

#6 2 years ago

Did this guy mention where he lives?

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from rx2006je:

I used to be. Wow that was easy to find.

im in MN and never heard of him and pin community is very active here. I can look him up if you have a city but It will only prove his possible existance and address.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from MarkAnderson:

im in MN and never heard of him and pin community is very active here. I can look him up if you have a city but It will only prove his possible existance and address.

A709826F-10F4-4D8E-B7CB-B3491F05C812 (resized).jpegA709826F-10F4-4D8E-B7CB-B3491F05C812 (resized).jpeg
    #9 2 years ago

A bit too far for me, but maybe you could get a local pinsider in Rochester to check it out for you?

#10 2 years ago

This is one of those situations where it’s just more trouble than it’s worth. Another CSI will pop up at some point. I say trust your instincts and wait for a more straightforward transaction. Save yourself the brain damage.

#11 2 years ago

Hell I'll drive if you pay me!
    Side note: nobody in Minneapolis has heard of me, but I'm real, dammit!
    Another note: this new font is u.g.l.y.

#12 2 years ago

Either drive to pick it up or skip it.
    Or, say goodbye to 5k.
    This new font sucks bump.

#13 2 years ago

Sounds like a scam to me.

#14 2 years ago

Or have a local Pinsider check it out for you. But I wouldn’t fire off a wire transfer under the circumstances. You want to be sure for that.

#15 2 years ago

Ask to talk to him on the phone. If he’s a scammer, he’ll probably bail out - but if he does talk to you, you should be able to tell in about 2 minutes whether he’s legit or BS.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Or have a local Pinsider check it out for you. But I wouldn’t fire off a wire transfer under the circumstances. You want to be sure for that.

If the guy has a really good deal for pinballers why doesn't he at least try to sell the machine here before he ships it to someone on Pinside?
    Its not like pinball sales are slow here. Yesterday I emailed a guy about stern electronics Lightning and Bally Future Spa. Neither was underpriced and the guy claimed to have 12 offers on one and 8 on the other. I wouldn't even fire off a wire transfer to a guy I confirmed and knew a little bit. I had a guy in Arkansas sell me some parts on Craigslist. I assumed I might be safe since he was shipping it COD. I don't even know if you can do COD anymore. He assured me that it would be packed carefully. He shipped a Laser ball back glass in a plastic bag. Needless to say I refused the plastic back making the broken glass sounds. He got angry because I refused his items. So promptly after that I started to get landline calls and cell phone calls from all over the United States for my Craigslist post selling a Addams Family in mint condition for $500 when the market price was about $3,000. The fiscally irresponsible post seemed to be in almost every market in the United States. I left the land line off the hook and turned my cell phone off. I kind of thought it was funny. It shows that someone can either be intellectually challenged when shipping items or they can have bad intentions. You may never know which affliction caused the issues. It was actually very frustrating because I passed on a couple of parts thinking that I would get the COD order and everything would be great.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/david-grant-from-mn- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.