(Topic ID: 319003)

Dave from The Pinball Dudes is a pinball patron saint!!

By spinArip

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by joegeno
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Received a Rush Pro that I had ordered from Dave at The Pinball Dudes (@wildeboutpins). Inspected the box as usual before signing the FedEx form. Aside from the normal scuffs and dings from shipping, there were no punctures or gouges in the box, so I signed my OK. Took the box cutters to the legs-side of the box, and noticed right away that the backbox was leaning hard to the left. Started taking pictures before I pulled the machine out completely, and then saw that the bolt on the swivel-bracket that mounts to the bottom of the backbox had been sheared off, and the bracket itself was completely bent. I found the head of the bolt in the bottom of the box. On top of that, the right bracket was also bent (but not as badly) and the entire metal bottom of the backbox was badly contorted. I couldn’t even lift the backbox all the way up to mount the retaining bolts. Having read my fair-share of horror stories of folks who discovered damage after signing the shipping form, my heart sunk.

I called up Dave, and after apologizing profusely, he asked for me to text him some pictures. Once he saw the box exterior and the nature of the damage to the machine, this dude leapt into ACTION. He called me back immediately, again apologized for the mishap, and even offered to cover half the cost of the difference if I wanted to upgrade to a Premium. While tempting, I just couldn’t afford it. Dave said not to worry, and that he would ship me another Rush Pro as a replacement.

The VERY NEXT DAY, Dave got in contact with me and said my new game was on its way. Not gonna lie, I was expecting a looooong drawn out process for a resolution, so this was a HUGE and pleasant surprise/shock. Once I got a copy of the bill of lading, I noticed that he had either bought or traded for the Rush Pro from one of his competitors, not to mention that he covered the shipping fees on both the replacement machine, and for the damaged one to ship back to Stern (approximately $800 total). I’d be hard pressed to believe that this is typical or standard operating procedure for any distributor. All I know is that Dave from The Pinball Dudes went to bat for me in a BIG WAY!

Received the new machine exactly ONE WEEK after the original one, in pristine NIB condition. As his Pinside listings say, “PERFECT FEEDBACK SO BUY WITH CONFIDENCE”. I cannot overstate how true this statement really is! If I could leave TEN 100% reviews for him, I would! I operate a fledgling pinball rental company in my small college town of Missoula, Montana. If I had to eat the cost of the damaged machine, I probably would’ve had to sell one or two of my seven other machines to make up for it, which would’ve been a gigantic setback for my business. I’ve met a ton of great people in the pinball community, BUT DAVE IS A PINBALL PATRON SAINT!! A PINBALL UNICORN!! I simply cannot thank this dude enough! BUY WITH CONFIDENCE!! DAVE HAS YOUR BACK!!

#2 1 year ago

Good job dudes! That's how winning is done.

#3 1 year ago

Can confirm Dave and the rest of the pinball dudes are good people buy with confidence. Have made several purchases from them very stand up guys easy to deal with.

#4 1 year ago

That's a great story and example of how customer service is done. Joe from PinballStar recently went above and beyond for me in a big way, and it refreshed my memory that some folks know how to earn their business.

#5 1 year ago

DAVE IS A GOOD DUDE

#6 1 year ago

DAVE and The Pinball DUDES are simply THE BEST in the BIZ!

Looking forward to buying from them AGAIN.

#7 1 year ago

We have purchased several games from Dave at the Pinball Dudes. Always a gr8t experience and Dave stands behind his word. Buy with confidence!! Look forward to future dealings.

#8 1 year ago

Dave's the best. Find him here as @wildeboutpins.

#9 1 year ago

We are lucky to have people like Dave in our state! Glad you got a taste of what we get often around here.

#10 1 year ago

I agree. Dave is great to deal! Very sorry for the lost of his partner in the business but he is doing an amazing job and hasn't skipped a beat when it comes to outstanding customer service!

#11 1 year ago

I had a communication mishap about 2 yrs ago involving Dave (pindudes). I expressed my emotion on our local forum. Dave reached out the next day. seems like a great trend to be setting btw.
He wanted to make right anything that wasn’t.

Being a communication problem, it ended up being sorted out quickly, and everyone ended up being friends in the end. My hat is also off to Dave, Chris, Andrew, Lauren, and anyone else down there at the dudes’ for diligently running tournament’s, parties, and other fun pin stuff.

Eric was also another guy that was in that mix of great people. RIP Kawikid

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dave-from-the-pinball-dudes-is-a-pinball-patron-saint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.