(Topic ID: 279681)

Dave Christensen and Ed Roth Collaborate !

By xsvtoys

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by xsvtoys
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BirthdayPartyJunkyard (resized).jpg
    rat fink ride them waves (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

I was goofing around looking at some Dave Christensen stuff and came across this. Talk about a match made in heaven! Apparently they collaborated on at least two projects. I don't know to what extent they knew each other or worked on things other than these two. I haven't found anything else searching the internet. If anyone knows about it I would be interested to hear.

There is one Rat Fink drawing that has both of their signatures on it, called Ride Them Waves. Its signed by both of them, although it looks like a typical Roth work.
    rat fink ride them waves (resized).jpgrat fink ride them waves (resized).jpg

According to this article, they did work together on a album cover for a band named The Birthday Party. The album is called Junkyard. Excerpt:
    The cover art is by Ed Roth and Dave Christensen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkyard_(album)

It does have both signatures. Cool!

BirthdayPartyJunkyard (resized).jpgBirthdayPartyJunkyard (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Big Jesus Trash Can!

I have that album back in my archives!

1 week later
    #3 3 years ago

Found out there is an airbrush artist out of Utah named Dave Christensen who did this, not the infamous Mad Dog. He is pretty obscure, not much presence on the internet. Oh well, still cool stuff.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dave-christensen-and-ed-roth-collaborate- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.