Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jdzwir123
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R4jVPAA.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slicknick13.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 9 years ago

I can offer some insight, as I was both an amusements manager and wanted a pinball.

Bottom line is, that it is too difficult to maintain pinball machines to the standards that D&B has (had) for their games. They really were top notch when it came to maintenance with mandatory next day delivery for parts, having at least one game completely torn down a week for cleaning and preventative maintenance, polishing all coins in the pushers every monday, etc. I don't seem to see that these days though. Cost cutting, I'm sure. That, and I think they're dropping their target audience age. We had a SP and a RFM, and I PM'ed them every week because I enjoyed it. I think any longer and they would start to look bad, which didn't fit into the regular PM schedule. At that point, I couldn't get parts for either so it was a big deal that they were still allowed on the floor with broken plastics and whatnot.

Nice thing about a CEC, is that their target audience these days is too small to even play pinball. I bet they see a lot less wear and tear than we did.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slicknick13.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dave-and-busters-pinball?tu=slicknick13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.