Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jcar302
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20141026_062737.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Wondering what a players quality Checkpoint is going for nowadays? It was always a favorite of mine. It might be time to add one to the collection. The 128X16 DMD is getting to be unobtanium nowadays too...

#2 5 years ago

Scotty, Love mine, it worth finding. check pm.

#3 5 years ago

Not a lot of love for Checkpoint out there?

#4 5 years ago

Had a guy that wanted to trade one for my maverick. I declined.

#5 5 years ago

Tonedef131 from indiana.

#6 5 years ago

Thanks dementedwarlok. It's one of those pins that I just don't see come up very often.

#7 5 years ago

I have one I'd be willing to sell or trade. I'm looking for a whirlwind. Pm me if you're interested.

#8 5 years ago

PM sent

#9 5 years ago

I like mine, I really like drop targets and it plays so fast, the ball is always whacking the glass. I understand why people hate on them old rubber or bad setup makes the game awful. It isn't very deep, but it is eye candy for sure, at the $1200, I paid a couple months ago. There aren't many bargains left, if Checkpoint isn't one, I don't know what is. I did recently miss a nice T2 for $1400 but I don't like to think about that.

20141026_062737.jpg

#10 5 years ago

That's a good looking Checkpoint my friend!

#11 5 years ago

Checkpoint seems to be one of the last few DMDs available for around $1000, but the display is a pain in the dick to find a replacement for when it goes bad.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Checkpoint seems to be one of the last few DMDs available for around $1000, but the display is a pain in the dick to find a replacement for when it goes bad.

Just make sure it is working when you buy it if you like the game. The big display on Maverick is beautiful.
A cheaper alternative if the display does actually go bad, might be to replace the DMD with an LCD tv and DMD extender.
The DMD Extender is available from Dr. Pinball in the UK for £55 including delivery in the UK, or £62 (€73.40, $94.70) delivered to the rest of Europe or the US. The Raspberry Pi is an additional £19 ($29, €24) or $25 in the US.

#13 5 years ago

^^^ This. That orphan sized display has gotten to be a big downfall for Checkpoint.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Just make sure it is working when you buy it if you like the game. The big display on Maverick is beautiful.
A cheaper alternative if the display does actually go bad, might be to replace the DMD with an LCD tv and DMD extender.
The DMD Extender is available from Dr. Pinball in the UK for £55 including delivery in the UK, or £62 (€73.40, $94.70) delivered to the rest of Europe or the US. The Raspberry Pi is an additional £19 ($29, €24) or $25 in the US.

Is that an option with the smaller DMDs? I had kind of assumed it would be, but haven't heard of anyone actually doing it in practice yet.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Is that an option with the smaller DMDs? I had kind of assumed it would be, but haven't heard of anyone actually doing it in practice yet.

Checkpoint is a little unusual, because it was the first DMD it had a "half height" vertical dimension at 16 pixels. The DMD extender is known to support 32 and 64 pixel vertical dimensions, and a full compatibility list is on the manufacturers website - Checkpoint is not one of them.

There is a note that you can contact them directly if your game is not listed. So a small chance at best.

#16 5 years ago

Checkpoint has almost tripled in price over the last 2 years. The small dmd is available, but pretty expensive.

So back to cp. IMO the game is kind of rare to find for sale, also is very niche for people who like porsche and racing. The games are from 91, so usually some pf paint wear and a broken ramp. The boards are getting older, could have damage. It is a dmd game though, so easily a $1k game. Oh and the red/pink ish areas could be faded. In good shape I can see this game being $1-1200 easily.

I got mine for a good price, but I've bought a nos pf, used ramp and after restoring it, I'll probably have doubled what I paid. But I love the theme and game. I'll be keeping this one

#17 5 years ago

NOS playfield? What a find! I'm still on the hunt. I have a few feelers out, but still looking. All help is greatly appreciated!

#18 5 years ago

Oh yeah...I dug....a lot...had it shipped from far away and waited a long time...but it has a few nicks in it. I want to have it repaired and clear coated

I got my used ramp, fully intact. But there is someone on here, forgot his name, making ramps...We are hoping he finds time to make cp's! I'd much rather have a new ramp than a used one, but I won't complain!

#19 5 years ago

I bet. I've heard talk about CP's ramp being reproduced. I think one of the issues is it's size. I should have bought the Checkpoint at the arcade I worked at back in the day for the $300 they were asking for it lol

#20 5 years ago

I sold mine 2 years ago. Listed it at $1200 (fully working player's machine, recent shop job) and it sat for months. Eventually sold it for $850.

#21 5 years ago

Thanks for the info gutz!

#22 5 years ago

I went back and checked the thread: I got $800 for it.

#23 5 years ago

Nice. That's a price I'd like to see!

#24 5 years ago

Still on the hunt for Checkpoint!

#25 5 years ago

Just shipping all my boards out for refurb/repair. Starting to look into someone to touch up my nos pf and cc it

#26 5 years ago

ebay.com link

I've spoken with this seller before, but he usually wants too much for too little.

But i thought he started this checkpoint low enough to at least watch for curiosity.

#27 5 years ago

That's been for sale forever. I gotta go be him credit for mixing up the types of auctions and prices a bit.

But he'll never sell it with those pics.

#28 5 years ago

I've been watching that one. Decent amount of fade, non working dmd, and the latch bar looks like it has seen some serious moisture. No interior cabinet pics, and the bg looks askew somehow in the box. $650 starting bid seems excessive.

#29 5 years ago

That eBay Checkpoint went for $875. All I can say is WOW...

#30 5 years ago

Well good riddance, I wont have to see that pathetic picture on eBay anymore.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Well good riddance, I wont have to see that pathetic picture on eBay anymore.

True story. The search continues...

#32 5 years ago

I have a decent Checkpoint I've been thinking about selling. Not mint, but a nice looking player. I'm suprised these only fetch $800-$1000. The display, boards, and shaker alone would just about bring that. All told the game seems to be worth much more parted than sold whole...

#33 5 years ago

Kind of a sad feeling but I understand what you mean...

#34 5 years ago

Looking for checkpoint
Anyone selling a decent one ?

#35 5 years ago

I am pretty sure if ramp replacements were easily available there would be more machines out there for sale and probably for higher prices.

#36 5 years ago

This is probably true. Or maybe if they had stuck with the original idea of the Alphaumeric displays instead of going with the half height DMD. Either way I'm still looking....

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Oh yeah...I dug....a lot...had it shipped from far away and waited a long time...but it has a few nicks in it. I want to have it repaired and clear coated
I got my used ramp, fully intact. But there is someone on here, forgot his name, making ramps...We are hoping he finds time to make cp's! I'd much rather have a new ramp than a used one, but I won't complain!

Free play 40 may make ramps in the future.

#38 5 years ago

We can only hope...

#39 5 years ago

There was one on ebay for $60.00 buy it now .Included all switches,ect. Had a repaired crack. It went fast and I missed it.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Free play 40 may make ramps in the future.

I got a clear high speed ramp from him.
If he makes a ramp for a machine you have, my advice is buy it immediately whether you need it or not.

1 month later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 29.99
$ 25.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
Machine - For Sale
Morrisville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 275.00
$ 23.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside