(Topic ID: 250288)

Data East Back To The Future Playfield Switch Not Working...

By jimgravina

56 days ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 56 days ago by jimgravina
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0588 (resized).jpg

#1 56 days ago

Hello everyone!

New to pinball as well as this forum. Have had some GREAT help with LED lights earlier today and was hoping to get the same help on an issue I noticed with my game.

95% of the game works great! However, the only issue I am having is one of the target switches on the side (to activate bonus multiplier) does not seem to be functioning. I lifted up the playfield and took a peak and contact is being made, and I do not see an loose, frayed, or damages wires. The light for it blinks, but when the target is hit, there are no sound effects, no "steady on" of the light, and the next target does not light up.

Seems to me something just isn't registering to make everything happen as it should.

Any ideas? This seems to be the only issue with the game. I am new to pinball, but I have some wiring, computer, and electrical experience so im not afraid to open things up and "get in there" if this is a common issue and somewhat easy fix.

Appreciate the help. I included a pic of the target...its the center one of 3.
Jim
IMG_0588 (resized).jpg

#2 56 days ago

Actually...I may just not understand rules of those targets. Everything may be ok and it seems like the switch is DEACTIVE until a certain point in the game. Ill keep a closer eye as im playing but it may be working fine...

#3 56 days ago

Never hurts to pull the glass and test things out.

#4 56 days ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Never hurts to pull the glass and test things out.

Yeah I did that. I kept pressing the target manually...but again, I may not have activated something else first to get the target to operated, need to learn more about the game.

#5 56 days ago

Upon further review...it does seem like something is not working with the switch. Could be as simple as dirty contact points? All wires and things seem to be in good shape...I haven't really tried to troubleshoot yet, not until I got some info from you guys!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.00
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Machine - For Sale
Orange Park, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 132.00
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside