Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Battery_box4.png
Battery_box3.png
Battery_box2.png
Battery_box1.png
missing.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mima.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

While looking in to the backbox pondering over how to set up a external battery box without doing any soldering on to the card itself I realized that there are a chip holder with out a chip. Is there a missing chip (if so what?) or is the board just prepared for something that never ended up in use at the LW3 game?

missing.pngmissing.png

Btw. It should work replacing the batteries with two 'false' ones in wood (upper and lower) with a soldered ground on the left hand side on the lower and a soldered hot at the right hand side on the top, leaving the middle slot empty. The other ends of the new wires would go to respective place on an external battery box? Or any issues with that 'solution'?

Thanx for reading
/Micael

Post edited by mima : Thread ended up more about external battery boxes, hence update of topic

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

As far as the battery box, I just installed a remote box and I soldered the wires to the +/- on the right side, middle and lower points. I only did it that way because another one of my pins already had this set-up, so I knew that would work.</blockquote
Thanx for reply, so any of the marked +/- on the board should work then if i understand you correctly?
Preferably the lower two on the right hand side

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Borygard (lockwhenlit.com) sells an off-board battery mechanism that requires no soldering.

Thanx for the tip. Funny though, that is EXACTLY what i had in mind of building me, with the difference wood instead of plastic. Interesting that i had the same conceptual idea without ever seeing that solution before. I'll post a pic when i am finished with my 'build'

1 week later
#8 10 years ago

I got around to make my external battery box. My idea worked like a charm.
A piece of wood, some cables, a battery-box, a few screws and a tad of soldering later this is what I came up with.

/cheers

Battery_box1.pngBattery_box1.png
Battery_box2.pngBattery_box2.png
Battery_box3.pngBattery_box3.png
Battery_box4.pngBattery_box4.png

1 month later
#13 10 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

That is a good method to get the batteries off of the CPU board with minimal effort. Nice job.

Thanx, I figured that I wanted to do cheap and easilly reverted external battery box configuration. If for some reason
the next owner would want the pin back in its original condition. Or if the external battery box over time will fail, then it is an easy replacement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,800 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,377 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mima.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-missing-chip?tu=mima and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.