Data East - Lethal Weapon 3 (LW3) Club

By mima

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I am planing to make my self a set of repro plastics and are considering a making a very very limited run of sets. Are there any interest out there for this?”

• I would run and grab me a set since there are no NOS made for this pin 69 votes
    47%
  • I would want to get a few single plastics, some are missing on my pin 55 votes
    37%
  • My pin has some beaten up plastics but I prefeer original plastics 5 votes
    3%
  • Nah, waste of moey. the pin plays well without / with warped and beaten up -plastics. 18 votes
    12%

(147 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8176 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8175 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8174 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8172 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8173 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240213_090711 (resized).jpg
IMG_8944 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8935 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8934 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20231205_203432.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.05.03?AM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3222 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #955 LW3 3.0 Chad Code Released! Posted by ChadH (3 years ago)

Post #1536 LW3 Apron Cards Posted by Malenko (2 years ago)

Post #1559 LW3 Lamp Layout Posted by AlexRogan84 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#368 6 years ago

Had my machine for like a year, even colorized this game for Pin2DMD never saw the club thread. I have this pin 2 down from my T2, and while they have similar layouts they don't play all that similarly. I still like T2 more, mostly because of the theme, but I have a blast with my LW3.

Quoted from cabuford:

Wish I had the piece of mirror plexi that stays attached to the cabinet. I've got measurements, just need to figure out where to get a small piece of it.

Mine doesn't have that, I never knew it was supposed to I'm missing the drop target air ball shield too.

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Well that's what I get from posting at work.
Here is the video. Forgot to give malenko the credit he much deserves for colorizing this game. It was the final piece of the puzzle.
» YouTube video

Glad you like it, thanks for posting a video too! lucky1 is helping to squash the bugs. Im great at coloring, not so much at triggering sequences.

2 weeks later
#391 6 years ago

Where is a good place to tap into the GI lighting? Preferably in the head. I want to wire up some extra lighting, that I want to turn on and off with the GI. Low draw LEDs.

#393 6 years ago

ok so tapped the blinker (but not flasher) bulb for my ghetto side lights, and I finally got pix of my pin2DMD installed.

ColorHS (resized).jpgColorHS (resized).jpg

ghetto2 (resized).jpgghetto2 (resized).jpg

ghetto3 (resized).jpgghetto3 (resized).jpg

#395 6 years ago

Too late, lol. The 12V for the pin2dmd from the sound board is only a few inches away, so Im ok with using it. Tying in my ghettostadium lights to the blinking lights in the head (non flasher) was a great idea. Its really neat to see them blink with the GI.

#397 6 years ago

I like it for now, if it makes me have an epileptic seizure I'll just move the tap over to the backglass bulb that doesnt blink
Shout out to cabuford for the help putting together my ghettolighting

EDIT: Wife vetoed the blinking side lights, so they got moved over to the non flasher bulb. I wont lie, I kinda like it better not flashing only because the damn game flashes so much.

4 months later
#436 5 years ago

surprised his prints aren't watermarked too.

1 month later
#462 5 years ago

Not a ColorDMD, but if you get a Pin2DMD and my files, you can have the game in color. Ironically I was hired by Randy to color this game for ColorDMD but the job offer was withdrawn.

Some pix of it installed (in this thread)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-club-join-if-you-have-one-or-haf-one/page/8#post-4299172

the WIP thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-lethal-weapon-3

and the files:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-release-for-lethal-weapon-3

2 weeks later
#472 5 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

The original is 12v. I replaced mine with a $20 one from amazon. Wired it direct. Works great.

I did the same thing, wired in place with the same fuse , works like a champ. Lights up the whole game area when its on.

7 months later
#557 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Looks like we could be next in line for Color DMD. Actually, ColorLED would be a better choice.[quoted image]

If its not, and it'd help, ColorDMD is more than welcome to convert my Pin2DMD colorization to colorDMD; I'll help however I can.

Same goes for TMNT, SFII, etc

5 months later
#620 4 years ago

pin2dmd or colordmd
pinstadiums or DIY version of pinstadium
dpannell sells the dynamite mod

1 month later
#640 4 years ago

Wanna make me one too?

1 week later
#646 4 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Hi guys. I know of a few people who own LW3s that are missing the gun handle on the cabinet. Is there anyone who reproduces these or 3D prints them?

Ive seen it replaced with an Indy handle, and it looks great

#648 4 years ago

tada! Thanks peteyhugs

airball (resized).jpgairball (resized).jpg
#650 4 years ago

I got one for like 20 bucks on amazon. It just sits on top and Ive had no issues with it. I can take pix when I get home if you'd like.

#652 4 years ago

yeah lights up and spins when its supposed to (like multiball and shoot again)

1 month later
#707 4 years ago

yes! mines cracked (its how I got it)

#710 4 years ago

Its like T2, hit the lit target.

#712 4 years ago

The yellow targets where the bullets are
unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

#714 4 years ago

Its a T2 clone/rip off; but different enough I dont mind owning both. LW3 is definitely flashier; the only thing I'd like to change is to edit out Pesci's "ok ok ok"

#717 4 years ago

I meant more of a rom edit than buying hardware. If I did get a pinsound it'd go in my T2 or Getaway first

#722 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Not intuitive at all! I played around with it last night and finally figured out that you have to hit the target when it is lit with the pinball during the plunge, I was trying to figure out which target to hit on the DMD!

Agreed, I thought it was the DMD target as well at first. I actually watched my wife just plunge and get the skill shot bonus a few times before I figured out she was hitting the lit target on the PF and not what the DMD showed.

#730 4 years ago

the paint on my cab is mega weathered, I thought about trying to paint it but I know Im going to end up wrapping it. What do your sides look like?

#736 4 years ago

that looks amazeballs

#753 4 years ago

samesies, I already got a airball guard from ya, I'd love to get a new mirror plexi

#761 4 years ago

Shooting the bad guy while the ball is in play without draining is so satisfying.

#779 4 years ago

Worst case you can get a Pin2DMD or a ColorDMD

#782 4 years ago

I think you're going to lose all the multiball scenes and they get replaced with "Tri-ball" scenes

#789 4 years ago

LW3s layout is pretty close to T2 (its easy to compare because I have them side by side :p ) and with my pin2DMD I just made the "triball" scenes trigger the old Multiball scenes instead. I'm sure ColorDMD could offer up the same change in their release.

#791 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

All mirrors sold, thank you.

Mines in too. The left hole.... man its tight, could have been a shade taller and it would have been easier to install, but I know the variances in the machines are all over the place. Looks way better than the one I had before with the giant crack in it.

LW3 (resized).jpgLW3 (resized).jpg
#798 4 years ago

If the worst thing about it is having to replace drop targets; there's no reason not to get it.

2 weeks later
#826 3 years ago

Make the latest code use Multi-ball instead of Tri-ball

#839 3 years ago

I dont know what all you can do with the code, but locking the balls in the LW 1/2/3 saucers for some kind of jackpot shot (ala Terminator 2) would great, maybe lock 2 balls in any of the saucers then hit the ramp with the 3rd for triple jackpot, or lock 1 ball and hit the ramp for a double jackpot. Get the jackpot and the balls eject fromt he saucer.

Any sort of 2 ball Multimode would be great.

4 weeks later
#878 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Can someone hook me up with the person that did the ColorDMD for LW3? We need to talk.

What about Pin2DMD? (I colored that one)

#883 3 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Did you sell your machine? I'm still running your Pin2DMD colorization and I'd like it to work with ChadH's code update. Maybe I'll finally take a look at working on them myself.

no one wants it,lol

I'll do everything I can to make sure chad's code works with pin2DMD

1 week later
#895 3 years ago

I'd chip in for you to get a shaker too. Cause I'd take the time to put one in my LW3 if the rom supported it.

2 weeks later
#919 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Anyone know of a place to get some apron cards for lw3? Mine looked naked! Hahaha thanks

I made some meh ones, feel free to print them out if only for a place holder:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9cWp45XToh2ODlOajUybmo0d1U

#922 3 years ago

You already know Im on board!

2 weeks later
#948 3 years ago

ChadH I gotta say Im loving the ROM so far, the game feels a million times better with all the little minor issues being resolved. I started the process of upgrading the Pin2DMD file and I'll release a ChadH edition shortly after your final release.

Quoted from zacaj:

Does anyone have a good DIY solution from protecting the plastic above the 4 bank from air balls? Mine has already been replaced with a home made black plastic, and then that was broken and taped back together, and now even that tape is failing... I seem to get a ball wedged on top of the targets every few games at this point

I think I have a spare because peteyhugs sent me two. I'll look tonight and shoot you a PM. If I can find it, I'll just send it to you.

4 weeks later
#969 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I never played LW3 back in the day, but wanted to get started on the owning hobby so here we are!
[quoted image]

Those look like the cards I made, glad to see *someone* else used them Mr_Tantrum has since made better ones

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Has he? I'm using those ones as well!

Yeah I talked him into it and bought a set:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mr-tantrum-s-pinball-apron-cards#post-5756383

#975 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Just to be clear it said multiball on the new code not tri ball right?

Im going to release a pin2dmd update that makes all tri-ball references revert back to multiball that will work with the old code and chad's

#987 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Chances are for LW3 you have two display ROMs.

So the only thing I feel like is missing , are the shootouts while the ball is in play. I used to get them all the time now they seem to be few and far between. Is there an adjustment Im overlooking?

1 week later
#992 3 years ago

I have not experienced that either

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Helps a lot. Thank you. I think I can fix this soon.

Same with my machine (and apparently the other beta testers). Thanks for checking again.

Same with my machine, Im still running the beta code not the final release

4 weeks later
#1062 3 years ago
Quoted from JStorm6:

I actually made the toilet myself. It's an old dollhouse toilet merged with some anime action figure explosions, and some leds.

Its great, good jerb!

I *really* like those habitrails in red, look amazing.

#1067 3 years ago

So I have a public BETA of the Chad compatible Pin2DMD files up, it does replace Tri-Ball with MultiBall as well.

WOB did some extensive testing and I squashed as much as I could find but there may be bugs, so if you find some LMK!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9cWp45XToh2d2ZGUWk5NGE4eDQ

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 weeks later
#1076 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

It’s normal for the voice call to be cut short when booting up.

Its the most irritating on TMNT though TEENAGE MUTANT NI...... triggered my OCD every time.

#1080 3 years ago

get a pin2dmd or a colordmd

#1083 3 years ago

A pin2dmd can either run off its own power supply or tap 5v or 12v on the pin. I believe ColorDMD can do the same.

1 week later
#1092 3 years ago

I also got mine from mattsbasementarcade , but I've used Steph at hobbyroms in the past for arcade roms (Like rolling back NBA Jam TE to 2.0 , MKII Tourny Edition, etc)

can't go wrong either way.

4 weeks later
#1117 3 years ago

I have both games, similar layout but play way different. I used to think T2 was WAYYYYYYYYYY better but now.... I actually am starting to prefer LW3. T2 is the better theme and has the cannon shot. But LW3 basically has 3 video modes (flashing eyes on video sequence, shooting range, and shoot out with the bad guy) and is much flashier.

1 week later
#1128 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:I think the shooting range was brilliant.

Agreed, great theme integration. I also thought the shootout was neat too, because it happens while the ball is in play.

Quoted from trueno92:

++ fight mode w/flipper buttons.

I wasnt sure if I was gonna count that one, because what's on screen doesn't matter. But I think you are right considering that a 4th video mode.

#1132 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

[quoted image]

Quite the opposite, I'm actually a big fan of ColorDMD, but since its closed source I can't color games for them.

Quoted from l_1nconnu:

I forgot to mention that i have display version A2.01 and cpu version 2.03.
I just read the Data East/Sega wiki and it mentioned that running different ROM versions can cause some strange display issues. Could this be it?

That looks like outgassing to me, you will probably have to replace the display. You can try to find a used regular one or replace it with a ColorDMD or Pin2DMD

#1134 3 years ago

I guess I over skimmed the post and was going by the pictures :/
I would start by getting the latest display rom and chad's latest CPU rom and go from there.

3 weeks later
#1174 3 years ago

Id do it for 1800

worst case, Eugene Mosh can fix your boards for a couple hundred

#1209 3 years ago

So I never noticed it before but the high score scroll on Chads Roms dropped colors on subsequent scores. Multiball doesnt get triggered over top of "triball ready" when its relit with the timer, and sometimes the first truck crashing through multiball doesnt trigger correctly. Not sure if its because Im running the beta roms or not but I'll start working on fixes for those issues.

1 week later
#1233 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Looks good in colour!!

That mine or the other one? And are you using chad's new code?

#1235 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I saw mention of the 1.75 version, but couldn't find it anywhere.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9cWp45XToh2d2ZGUWk5NGE4eDQ

files are there^

1.75 is compatible with all rom versions, there is a slight issue with the new high score scroll with the chad roms, theres a blue shadow I need to take care of.
This version also replaces tri-ball with multiball on all versions.

1 month later
#1274 3 years ago

I got my replacement from gdonovan ; it was perfect

4 weeks later
#1317 2 years ago

Chads code is great, and the latest pin2dmd files work with it as well.

#1325 2 years ago

Glad to see my colorization still making the rounds, makes me happy.

2 months later
#1359 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Has anyone put in a pin2dmd in their machine? If so how do you like it? Issues? I'd love to add some color to mine for sure.

Considering Im the guy who colored it..... I might be biased.

there are a few small quirks with the chad code, but Im actively looking at them and plan to squash them.

2 weeks later
#1381 2 years ago
Quoted from bushav:

For most actual pins the authors of the colorization require a $10 donation to receive the color software for your particular game so If this is the case with Lethal Weapon factor in another $10.

My colorization is 100% free, donation is optional, and by donation, I mean you can send it to your charity of choice or me, I don't care.

files:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kjLGkRyvr5g1ebCZEhV4Ps8bhCBfehuN

1 month later
#1423 2 years ago

gdonovan 's replacements are perfect, you won't be disappointed.

#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Yup, yup.
I have the current one based off my machine but it was missing the original mirror altogether and would like to make one with even tighter tolerance on the new fitment.

I still have my broken one I can send you if that one disappears into the ether.

1 month later
#1536 2 years ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

Wondering if anyone has an electric copy of some apron cards for LW3? Cheers..

Heres the ones I made: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9cWp45XToh2ODlOajUybmo0d1U?resourcekey=0-xYrbMci2TCAdHNhY0mJ5tA&usp=sharing

PSDs are there if you want to edit it.

4 months later
#1775 2 years ago

Move the white-orange to the other leg. You have it on the normally closed leg instead of normally open. Pushing in the button makes the machine think its not pressed.

1 month later
#1819 1 year ago

I could use the construction worker with an uzi plastic , I bought the one from the pinside shop in Australia but the colors are way off.
I wouldnt mind the PF as a hanger but I think shipping cost might kill that idea.

#1826 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Can you post a picture of the part you need? I think I may have them. Will check this afternoon.

Screenshot 2022-05-01 073306 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-05-01 073306 (resized).png
Pinside had the ad at the bottom of the thread lol. I hope this suffices, if not I can go take an actual pic of mine. It is on the left side near the building.

Quoted from PoMC:

Also could use the ball launcher coil bracket as I just found mine is broke when I removed the apron to clean underneath.

I feel your pain, I broke mine when I first got my LW3 and just welded it back together

#1829 1 year ago

I also just realized how warped my helicopter plastic is too, so might need that too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Hilton, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-club-join-if-you-have-one-or-haf-one?tu=malenko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.