Topic Stats

• 2,379 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by koji
  • Topic is favorited by 126 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I am planing to make my self a set of repro plastics and are considering a making a very very limited run of sets. Are there any interest out there for this?”

• I would run and grab me a set since there are no NOS made for this pin 69 votes
    47%
  • I would want to get a few single plastics, some are missing on my pin 55 votes
    37%
  • My pin has some beaten up plastics but I prefeer original plastics 5 votes
    3%
  • Nah, waste of moey. the pin plays well without / with warped and beaten up -plastics. 18 votes
    12%

(147 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8176 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8175 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8174 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8172 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8173 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240213_090711 (resized).jpg
IMG_8944 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8935 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8934 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20231205_203432.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.05.03?AM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3222 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #955 LW3 3.0 Chad Code Released! Posted by ChadH (3 years ago)

Post #1536 LW3 Apron Cards Posted by Malenko (2 years ago)

Post #1559 LW3 Lamp Layout Posted by AlexRogan84 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnstewart.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Has anyone here bought and installed this yet? I did, and cannot seem to get it sorted out. I installed one on my Avengers, and it went smoothly. This one...not so much. I would like to talk with someone who did it and make sure I am not missing anything.
Thanks.
Mike

I did. Other than the usual screwups here and there, it was mostly uneventful. Managed to get it all buttoned up and then realized I'd mounted it upside down. =)

Not sure how I can help; I can take photos if you need to confirm wiring, etc.

#579 4 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

John:
Thanks for the reply. Can you snap several photos? Overhead view of the overall install, then some detail shots of how the parts "layered"..the DMD, the RF shield, how the posts and nuts "stack".....and the wiring, too.

Here you go. I think I left the RF shield off. Let me know if you need anything else or can't make out something.

IMG_3444 (resized).JPGIMG_3444 (resized).JPGIMG_3445 (resized).JPGIMG_3445 (resized).JPGIMG_3446 (resized).JPGIMG_3446 (resized).JPGIMG_3448 (resized).JPGIMG_3448 (resized).JPG
#582 4 years ago

Well keep in mind that the thing is laid out on my playfield with the “top” of the board closest to us. So effectively it’s upside down.

But yes it works.

2 months later
#617 4 years ago
Quoted from dpannell:

That looks great, it gives me some ideas for mine. I see you have the interactive dynamite mod installed now, how do you like it?

Oh yeah, cool! And with an LCD readout? Am interested to learn more about how you did this!

3 months later
#716 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Its a T2 clone/rip off; but different enough I dont mind owning both. LW3 is definitely flashier; the only thing I'd like to change is to edit out Pesci's "ok ok ok"

You can do that if you want; I put a Pinsound in mine. Changed out the music, mostly, but you can replace all of the sound effects if you take the time.

1 month later
#813 3 years ago

Ah cool! I've messed around with this a little; went as far as to record myself saying all the numbers, dropping into the files, so I could figure out what gets triggered when. Then didn't ever truly finish.

What did you do in yours teddyb73 ?

2 months later
#927 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Looking for a couple people to beta test my LW3 code update.
It requires these things:
1) Have a ROM burner.
2) Ability to burn one CPU ROM (27C512) and two Display ROMs (27C020).
3) Decent knowledge of the existing rules.
4) Willing to test all aspects of the game and provide timely feedback.
If interested, please PM me!

Too late to get on the beta train, but super excited to see what comes of this!!

8 months later
#1269 3 years ago

Hah, the backglass is my absolute least favorite thing about this game, in myriad ways.

Putting Mel's visage aside, I think I counted double-digits of guns on it. Not my favorite thing to have in the living room.

Also my first pin, and I've yet to sell! It's just so much fun for the price.

1 year later
#1896 1 year ago
Quoted from sawamular:

Thanks for the advice, I think I will do a factory reset and see if that changes or makes something more apparent.

Also using Chad's code, and miss the "3 ramp shots for extra ball". Am curious if you figure out a setting to re-enable this.

1 year later
#2273 8 months ago

My LW3 has chad's code, and a ColorDMD, since those came out.

Recently the display has been getting "corrupted". At this moment it looks fine, else I'd snap a photo.

But a large percentage of the time, the display will start showing gibberish like something's corrupt, to the point where you can't even read scores.

Is this likely a RAM chip of some sort I need to replace? I'd not think it's a ROM chip since it seems fine a lot of the time.

Edit: as I was done posting, it started glitching:

#2276 8 months ago
Quoted from Krentz:

But the one thing I really miss is the extra ball at 3 ramps. I was able to trigger that fairly reliably, which extended my games and was (in my opinion, anyway) more fun. After the code update, it's apparently now set at 17 ramps? I don't think I have ever hit the ramp 17 times in one game.
I've been through all the settings and I don't see any way to change the extra ball ramp count. Has anybody been able to change this, or is it not an option?

+1 to this; would love to know

slizzap - thanks; I pulled open LW3 to look at the right flipper (it's been getting stuck "up"). There were a couple of wires to that flipper that were bent badly (I know I dropped the playfield on the underside once or twice - my little things to hold the playfield are broken off). I know reading on DE flippers this could be a bad diode.

Well, after bending the wires back... the DMD issue hasn't recurred! Weird!

8 months later
#2376 3 days ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

+1 to this; would love to know
slizzap - thanks; I pulled open LW3 to look at the right flipper (it's been getting stuck "up"). There were a couple of wires to that flipper that were bent badly (I know I dropped the playfield on the underside once or twice - my little things to hold the playfield are broken off). I know reading on DE flippers this could be a bad diode.
Well, after bending the wires back... the DMD issue hasn't recurred! Weird!

Just wanted to follow up on my old post. I ordered some diodes, ready to dig into my LW3 and get the flipper diode replaced.

Well, when I got in, the diode had broken off (the plastic corner where the coil wire came through, and the diode was soldered to, was broken off, which probably led to the failure over time). I glued the plastic, added a jumper, resoldered the diode, and all is well again!

Now I have a bag of 150 diodes I don't even need one of. =)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,800 (OBO)
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnstewart.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-club-join-if-you-have-one-or-haf-one?tu=johnstewart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.