Topic Stats

• 2,377 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by billsfanmd
  • Topic is favorited by 125 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I am planing to make my self a set of repro plastics and are considering a making a very very limited run of sets. Are there any interest out there for this?”

• I would run and grab me a set since there are no NOS made for this pin 69 votes
    47%
  • I would want to get a few single plastics, some are missing on my pin 55 votes
    37%
  • My pin has some beaten up plastics but I prefeer original plastics 5 votes
    3%
  • Nah, waste of moey. the pin plays well without / with warped and beaten up -plastics. 18 votes
    12%

(147 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8176 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8175 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8174 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8172 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8173 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240213_090711 (resized).jpg
IMG_8944 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8935 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8934 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20231205_203432.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.05.03?AM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3222 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #955 LW3 3.0 Chad Code Released! Posted by ChadH (3 years ago)

Post #1536 LW3 Apron Cards Posted by Malenko (2 years ago)

Post #1559 LW3 Lamp Layout Posted by AlexRogan84 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bax1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1681 2 years ago

I joined the club last week. Picked one up working, got it home and no sound. VR2 is scorching hot upon start up. I replaced it and no change. Tried the sound board in another game and it works fine. had to replace a few fuse clips on ppb so far and now on to doing a cap kit on the power supply. I'm hoping I can play this thing for thirsty thursday today!

#1683 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The sound boards on these are pretty simple, what are your voltages at the sound board connector?

Voltages were good and it was the pot that was bad. Now I’m missing some speech in game play. When I’m in sound test, doesn’t do left both or right. I get the sounds of the rest of the test. Which rom is the one for speech? So one thing I know I’m missing is any sounds from Leo.

#1686 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I would makes sure left and right channels are working before swapping eproms.
Check the pot wiring and pot specs.
If my memory is correct, if you unplug the pot connector on the sound board you will get full volume. You will know if you have a pot/pot wiring problem or not.

So I know the manual calls for a stereo pot but a mono was in there. The pot I replaced it with doesn’t say which leg is which. It is also a mono that I put back in. I will do some checking on that this afternoon and report back

#1688 2 years ago

Ok so voice rom says now when it should say here comes trouble. Sound test two I can’t figure out what it’s saying due to gun firing. Music 1-3 is playing. Still not getting the tone for left, both, right

#1689 2 years ago

So here’s the pot I put in. The pot I removed is a single stack and I have the exact same ones in lah and r&b. Are they all wrong?

D94219EC-54F4-47DE-A429-038E14FF2BFD (resized).jpegD94219EC-54F4-47DE-A429-038E14FF2BFD (resized).jpegE10348F1-0EA4-4F8E-837A-06A7D6C0E9FC (resized).jpegE10348F1-0EA4-4F8E-837A-06A7D6C0E9FC (resized).jpeg
#1690 2 years ago

Ok this is jacked up. So put the roms in lah board. Go into test mode. Start test mode. Left starts playing the jackpot stuff. Both starts playing some other sounds, right speaker plays shoot again. Voice rom1 plays a sound not a voice, voice rom 2 plays the tftc coming soon sound in attract mode. Music 1-3 is fine. So maybe the roms are jacked?

#1691 2 years ago

So something else I’ve noticed. Per cabinet wiring in manual. There’s supposed to be black,red, white, and orange. No orange wire going from board to pot?

#1694 2 years ago

Forgot to. Just did it and like you said it was full volume. Everything worked in the test but the voice roms where not what they had listed in the manual.

#1696 2 years ago

Just played a few games and there are a lot more sounds than I’ve had. So the Marco one is ok? Looks like you don’t have the orange wire either

#1697 2 years ago

Wondering if I have my black and red wire swapped. If I swap them, could harm anything?
Or do I have the wrong kind of pot

#1700 2 years ago

hey fellas. so I got all my sounds back. I may have had the wrong pot installed. so does anyone have theirs set up with a double stack stero pot? I have a lah and r&b as well and they have the standard 3 wire pot. none of these have the wires like how the manual is.
When I bought this a few weeks ago, I asked the guy about the beacon not being on there. he said when he got it, it was never there. I have a metal plate on the entire top of the head and looks like it never was drilled for it. Anyone else have a huge metal plate?
Also, does anyone have the pin2dmd? how are the animations? is it complete?
I am really digging this game, it is a fun one!

#1706 2 years ago

Also I noticed I have a bank of flashers I need to figure out. Manual says there’s 4 but I can only figure out three. The two in the left orbit red insert and one on playfield in a dome. Is there one under that plastic as well? Says two inserts and two playfield. It’s the black brown wire

Here’s a snap of the metal plate on top of the head. It looks to be riveted on

A8F5FE11-FFC0-4DDC-B409-834BA874F1A1 (resized).jpegA8F5FE11-FFC0-4DDC-B409-834BA874F1A1 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1716 2 years ago

question-is there a ball save option in audits that I am not seeing? I can drain the ball right off the plunge and no ball save.

#1720 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Chad code has a good ball saver, the factory one is terrible on this title. Virtually useless.

gotcha. I do need to burn chads code. so no adjustments in factory code?

2 weeks later
#1728 2 years ago

Anyone happen to have a clean copy of the manual? Need a clean pic of addresses for sound board. Online is muddied when you zoom in. Trying to see u13, u12, u22 to u17 u21. Help is greatly appreciated

#1730 2 years ago

Thank you Parkshow30 could you flip the schematic picture and zoom in on the above chips for me please?

#1732 2 years ago

Perfect!!! Thank you very much Parkshow30

#1733 2 years ago

Need some help with the data east sound board guru's. Working on a lw3 sound board and have never had to work on a sound board before. Here is what is going on. Have music and only a couple call outs. majority of the call outs are missing. here is what I've done so far. New ribbon cables, had to replace the pot due to it being blown, redid the connector from the pot to the board, verified roms are good, pulled ram and verified good, swapped out the 6809E with a known good one, pin 4 on bsmt2000 shows high on logic probe. in sound test it can be intermittent, sometimes you get the tones from left both and right, sometimes the voice test works but says something different than what the manual says it should say. Thinking need to check the pia's on the mpu but guidance is appreciated.

#1734 2 years ago

So just did some probing and some legs on the data bus are high with pulse, quick switch from high low with a pulse when switches low, and a couple low. This is with it on game play and probed the 6821 at 7b.

#1735 2 years ago

SOLVED. used logic probe on pia on mpu and found a couple legs stuck on low. Pulled and put in the tester and tested bad. swapped with a new 6821 and have all sounds now.

2 weeks later
#1756 2 years ago
Quoted from Deafman013:

Hi,
fix one issue eg right side the backboard not not working (burnt connector) and now suddenly whenever I get multiball it doesn't end eg it will continually add ball back into game after it drains.
Have done factory reset, checked fuses but each time get multiball it gets stuck in endless loop while great for scores hahaha but can not end the game unless switch off.
CPU2.07 is the current rom if that helps?
Anyone experience this issue before?

sounds like it might be a logic issue on the mpu. or could be a program issue in the rom. did it all of a sudden just start doing this?

#1759 2 years ago
Quoted from Deafman013:

Issue is with the board getting fixed now

What did you find that went bad?

1 month later
#1785 2 years ago

I am glad that you posted this. My game didn't come with a topper and I don't have the cieling height for a beacon. I am going to do something like this and have a good idea to create a fix for you. you can buy a female cigarette lighter socket. you can wire it up and then plug that with out cutting out the male end.

#1793 2 years ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

Ok I'm out.. I tried!

Don't be out. Let's figure this one out. Reason why I was thinking of saying get a female end of the cigarette lighter is due to the switch on the male end. is that yellow wire necessary for it to turn on? obviously you have the black and red, so if you want to try to wire it up with those two and see what it does, I would appreciate what happens.

#1797 2 years ago

Can you tell what the yellow wire is going to on the top side of the board?

#1801 2 years ago

so looking at those pics, Can't really tell where that yellow wire is soldered up to anything. possibly an additional ground? if that is the case, you probably could just use the black and red and once it has power, it will probably be on. so maybe the game once mode is hit, the light would get power.

1 week later
#1810 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

If you are going to Allentown I'm going to run off a few upper mirrors, $25 cash at the show.
Gary
[quoted image]

what kind of material are you using Gary? I need to look at mine and see how they are.

#1811 1 year ago

so where do we stand with the aftermarket beacon? I want to do something like this to my game since I don't have one.

7 months later
#1958 1 year ago

Been through the settings and don't see anything that can change the ball save time. Seems as if mine will go out as soon as you fire the ball. Any changes that can be had?

#1960 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

With the stock code, I believe the ball save only lasts for four switch hits. Chad's code adds a standard 10 second ball save.

Hmm. I only get one switch hit and it goes off.

#1962 1 year ago

right on. Thanks for the info @christr. I might get a buddy to burn me chad's code and try it out.

#1964 1 year ago

I would test the volume pot. remember to unplug the game when doing this due to the voltage is still hot under that box when plugged in. you will get a good zap. On my LAH, mine was consistently saying the start up sounds and during the game would say random things. I traced it down to the pia on the mpu. need to go into test mode and then with logic probe, see if the legs of that audio pia is pulsing.

instead of just changing the power supply, you should have checked the voltages first. that way you don't go buying a board you really didn't need. I do recommend rebuilding any data east power supply though. There are a couple caps that are notorious for leaking a little.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,800 (OBO)
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bax1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-club-join-if-you-have-one-or-haf-one?tu=bax1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.