Topic Stats

• 2,359 posts
  • 265 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I am planing to make my self a set of repro plastics and are considering a making a very very limited run of sets. Are there any interest out there for this?”

• I would run and grab me a set since there are no NOS made for this pin 69 votes
    47%
  • I would want to get a few single plastics, some are missing on my pin 54 votes
    37%
  • My pin has some beaten up plastics but I prefeer original plastics 5 votes
    3%
  • Nah, waste of moey. the pin plays well without / with warped and beaten up -plastics. 18 votes
    12%

(146 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240213_090711 (resized).jpg
IMG_8944 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8935 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8934 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20231205_203432.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.05.03?AM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3222 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6406 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6402 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6403 (resized).JPEG
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 48.
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

This nylon link broke on my left flipper unit in my LW3. What exactly is this part called (or is there a specific DE part number) and can it be purchased individually or does an entire rebuild kit need to be purchased? If it can be purchased individually could someone direct me to where I could find one?
Thanks!

Plunger and link
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1049

#402 5 years ago

thank you!

1 week later
#403 5 years ago

I got a LW3 that has been sitting in a garage for a long time. The gun looks horrible. What have you done with the gun? I will not send it out for playing or anything expensive like that.
I have been thinking about either spraying, buying a new gun for my Indy and exchange those or removing it and put in a button.

#404 5 years ago

I have put an Indy gun on mine and it looks so much better than that ugly handle the game came with , only problem is you will need to drill new holes , Iam going to redecal the cab so the old holes will be filled anyway

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

1 month later
#405 5 years ago

Would anyone be able to take a peek at these two areas? They look strange to me.

First is this post to the left of the Multiball start VUK. An operator chopped up a bit of plastic to extend the spacer... no idea why. Should this post have any kind of actual spacer?

BE2EF96A-1CAC-42BB-9A4B-11156A958CBE (resized).jpegBE2EF96A-1CAC-42BB-9A4B-11156A958CBE (resized).jpeg

Nex, this post directly above the right pop bumper. It has a hex spacer... holding the gate down. Not sure why because I don’t think anything attaches to this spacer.

5FF2DA9E-7608-41E7-BA47-D9F12E44ED99 (resized).jpeg5FF2DA9E-7608-41E7-BA47-D9F12E44ED99 (resized).jpeg

Thanks for any help!

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Thanks for any help!

Picture of post above my pop holding gate. Nothing attached there on my machine.

15287627626333578140158810874959 (resized).jpg15287627626333578140158810874959 (resized).jpg
#407 5 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Picture of post above my pop holding gate. Nothing attached there on my machine.

Hmm, so just a hex spacer with a screw. Glad to see it on yours too but kinda weird. Thanks!

#408 5 years ago

As to the post by the vuk, looked like the wireform for the vuk is attached over the post sleeve. No extra spacer. Probably added because the wireform wasn't lining up right on yours maybe.

15287630012041514546067746189545 (resized).jpg15287630012041514546067746189545 (resized).jpg
#409 5 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

As to the post by the vuk, looked like the wireform for the vuk is attached over the post sleeve. No extra spacer. Probably added because the wireform wasn't lining up right on yours maybe.

Thanks again, I’ll take a look how it fits when I’m putting it back together

#410 5 years ago

Hi all LW3 fans,

Could please someone kind help me with the photos of cabinet and backbox? I have to fill in new cabinet and my customer did not make any photos so it will be better if I can see how was it made before.

Thank you very much.

4 weeks later
#411 5 years ago

Have my game al back together. Wondering if people have pads on their saucer shots? I get a lot of good shots in there that get rejected. Maybe coming in too fast?

#412 5 years ago

Happy to join the club! Much funnier than I expected. Just bought some new LEDs to replace the flashers and the purple shooter lane.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
#413 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Have my game al back together. Wondering if people have pads on their saucer shots? I get a lot of good shots in there that get rejected. Maybe coming in too fast?

Bending the "roof" above the saucer down so the space between the beginning of the "roof" and the playfield is barely bigger than the ball solved that issue on mine.

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from JoachimR:

Bending the "roof" above the saucer down so the space between the beginning of the "roof" and the playfield solved that issue on mine.

Thanks, I will give that a shot!

#415 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Let me know if that works. Mine tends to reject a lot too.

#416 5 years ago

I had drop dead foam in mine. Got rejects from time to time still, but rare.

#417 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Just noticed that I forgot a piece of my sentence. I guess you know what I meant but adjusted it anyway

#418 5 years ago

My beacon plastic is broken. Is it true this item is not carried by anyone? Is this wolo brand beacon on Amazon the best alternative?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BNKTW0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1

Thanks!

#419 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

My beacon plastic is broken. Is it true this item is not carried by anyone? Is this wolo brand beacon on Amazon the best alternative?
amazon.com link »
Thanks!

ebay.com link: Rotating Blue Safety Light Magnetic Base 12v
This is what I used on mine. Simply added the proper connector to it.

#420 5 years ago

amazon.com link »
Thanks!

I used that exact light. Put a 12v blue flasher from comet in it. Looks great.

#421 5 years ago

Putting in blue caps, blue bright rings from Comet and stickers from metal-mods

B9685F96-F020-49E8-AE8E-7172C43B08CC (resized).jpegB9685F96-F020-49E8-AE8E-7172C43B08CC (resized).jpeg
#422 5 years ago

amazon.com link »
Thanks!

That’s the same one I used. Basically just followed along with this video.

Looks close to original when done.

1 week later
#423 5 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Putting in blue caps, blue bright rings from Comet and stickers from metal-mods
[quoted image]

Do you like those stickers? Thinking about buying some.

#424 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Nex, this post directly above the right pop bumper. It has a hex spacer... holding the gate down. Not sure why because I don’t think anything attaches to this spacer.

Note: factory... to keep the ball from getting stuck....

#425 5 years ago

What am I missing? Just a clear plastic?

A6BFC25F-A79A-4918-98AE-174773C871D7 (resized).jpegA6BFC25F-A79A-4918-98AE-174773C871D7 (resized).jpeg
#426 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Just a clear plastic?

Yup. Wedge shape... keeps the ball from getting stuck under the wire ramp and
on top of the MARS = "brights hood cover".

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Do you like those stickers? Thinking about buying some.

Yeah. They look great and are MUCH easier to apply with the transfer tape on the center section.

I just finished the install tonight but had to go get my last chance at selfie league scores. I’ll try to post pictures tomorrow.

#428 5 years ago

With blue Comet brightrings (the picture makes it look crazy but it's not that blown out blue) and with machine off. Thanks metal-mods for creating these for me, I hope some other people buy them!

LW3Lit (resized).jpgLW3Lit (resized).jpgLW3Unlit (resized).jpgLW3Unlit (resized).jpg
#429 5 years ago

Those look pretty awesome, I think I'll grab a set myself.
Wondering though, if it'll look better with the white space around the 3 removed... So just a 3 and the ring. Might try that first then apply the background after if it's no good.

#430 5 years ago

PS, is the rest of your game LED'd? Any photos!?

#431 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

PS, is the rest of your game LED'd? Any photos!?

I posted a video earlier in the thread, post #370. I can't figure out how to link to that post here.

#432 5 years ago

LW3 is probably my cheapest game but also currently my favorite.

8446DC27-DF7F-4F50-B35C-E701B8CF5CD3 (resized).jpeg8446DC27-DF7F-4F50-B35C-E701B8CF5CD3 (resized).jpeg
#433 5 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

I posted a video earlier in the thread, post #370. I can't figure out how to link to that post here.

Looks great! The more that time goes by, the more I want to put some money into my game and make it shine. I didn't know color dmd was available, what a difference.

My cab could use a little work here and there. Wouldn't mind converting to the black version, but it would be a shame to sand down all the screen art, which is more or less in decent condition.

#434 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Looks great! The more that time goes by, the more I want to put some money into my game and make it shine. I didn't know color dmd was available, what a difference.

It's a Pin2Dmd with colorization created by @malenko. Still some areas to work out, but definitely a nice addition (and my DMD was outgassing anyway)

Yeah, I've probably put too much money into this machine, but it was my first fixer-upper. I've got a playfield protector that I think makes the game play much smoother and faster (as the inserts were a little raised in areas), and the PinSound card which at least can me moved to another machine.

1 week later
#435 5 years ago

Got some custom apron cards made by Mikonos

IMG_7307 (resized).JPGIMG_7307 (resized).JPG
#436 5 years ago

surprised his prints aren't watermarked too.

#437 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

surprised his prints aren't watermarked too.

Hah. Yeah I guess some people are more protective of their work than others. I was feeling lazy and splurged. They do look good, maybe I could've spent some time with photoshop and a trip to Kinkos.

I appreciate your hard work on the LW3 colorization. It is by far the best addition to my LW3.

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Got some custom apron cards made by mikonos
[quoted image]

They don’t really flow with the colours or theme..... better than original for sure but ones with better flow of the game would look better

#441 5 years ago

I am the furthest from any artist and computer tech, so don't be pinside harsh. I just use excel...

** there are three sets of scorecards you need to click on the picture to see the other two **

LW3 - Scorecards.pdfLW3 - Scorecards.pdf

#442 5 years ago

Anyone k ow what cn5 connector is for? Mine is disconnected and it doesn’t seem to matter.

3DEB7AF6-AD88-4E21-A29F-37A8ADBB2186 (resized).jpeg3DEB7AF6-AD88-4E21-A29F-37A8ADBB2186 (resized).jpeg
#443 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone k ow what cn5 connector is for? Mine is disconnected and it doesn’t seem to matter.
[quoted image]

According to the manual its the lamp ground. Your insert lamps still work?

#444 5 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

According to the manual its the lamp ground. Your insert lamps still work?

The lamp GND is using all spare GND traces like the board mountings,
in order to complete a connection.

#445 5 years ago

Ok thanks! I’ll make sure it’s plugged in.

1 week later
#446 5 years ago

Hey friends! I was in the LW3 club, then had to leave as a nice Getaway came my way. However I love the game and I was happy to find a project LW3 to try and get working 100%. I'll describe current state, hopefully some of you fine folks can help me along my journey. I'm excited to get this game playing

Good:
Game boots to attract mode. Thanks @cabuford
It will start a game - back in action!
Sound is bright and clear
DMD bright and clear
All switches seem to work as they should
Most coils work

Bad:
Plunger coil doesn't fire
Flippers don't work
#2 hole VUK coil doesn't fire

When I start a game and hit the flipper buttons, the LEDs flicker on the flipper board under the playfield. However something interesting I noticed when I hit the flipper buttons, was that the fuses closest to the front of the cabinet glowed as I hit the button(corresponding to whichever flipper button I hit). Does this point to a particular problem area?

As far as the other coils not firing, seems like there are no loose wires etc going to those coils.

For what it's worth, the 5v and blanking LEDs on the CPU are solid lit as the repair manual says they should be.

#447 5 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Bad:
Plunger coil doesn't fire
Flippers don't work
#2 hole VUK coil doesn't fire

Does the Laser Kick work, or the knocker?

Check the fuse at F5 on the PPB board. Looks like that's for the 50v that goes to the those coils and the flippers.

#448 5 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Does the Laser Kick work, or the knocker?
Check the fuse at F5 on the PPB board. Looks like that's for the 50v that goes to the those coils and the flippers.

Good question, those are two coils I didn't think to check. I'll report back this evening on those and the fuse status.

I still think it's odd that those fuses on the solid state flipper board would glow/blow even if the flippers weren't getting power. Hmmm

I found this thread that points in that direction, might give me some leads.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lw3-blowing-fuse-constantly

#449 5 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I still think it's odd that those fuses on the solid state flipper board would glow/blow even if the flippers weren't getting power. Hmmm
I found this thread that points in that direction, might give me some leads.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lw3-blowing-fuse-constantly

There are 4 fuses on the Flipper board. 2 are for 50v for initial flip, and 2 are for 9v hold power. I would assume the 9v hold power is still getting there, and maybe its trying to activate the coil drawing too much power?

#450 5 years ago

cabuford you're right, those fuses control the low power to the flippers. I'll replace the 50v fuse on the PPB and the two on the Flipper Board and see what I get.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-club-join-if-you-have-one-or-haf-one/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.