(Topic ID: 72256)

DataEast - Lethal Weapon 3 (lw3) club - Join if you have one or haf one...

By mima

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 589 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Coolpinballdino
  • Topic is favorited by 67 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I am planing to make my self a set of repro plastics and are considering a making a very very limited run of sets. Are there any interest out there for this?”

• I would run and grab me a set since there are no NOS made for this pin 33 votes
    41%
  • I would want to get a few single plastics, some are missing on my pin 31 votes
    39%
  • My pin has some beaten up plastics but I prefeer original plastics 3 votes
    4%
  • Nah, waste of moey. the pin plays well without / with warped and beaten up -plastics. 13 votes
    16%

(80 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 188 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3827 (resized).JPG
Capture2 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_3448 (resized).JPG
IMG_3446 (resized).JPG
IMG_3445 (resized).JPG
IMG_3444 (resized).JPG
20190829_020118 (resized).jpg
20190829_020131 (resized).jpg
IMG-20190809-WA0005 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20190809-WA0007 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20190809-WA0009 (resized).jpeg
20190810_123857 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
lw3 (resized).jpg
51B99FDC-7417-4CC6-B2D7-60E57C4EDC80.jpeg

There are 589 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 1 year ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Im pretty sure all GI is on a single fuse so I don't believe that is it.

The GI is on four fuses. 5 Amp. Slow-Blow X four. PPB board.

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Just checked, I can't seem to find it in the adjustments. If you could look I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Sorry for not getting back sooner. It's been busy since Christmas. I just took a look and the setting didn't jump out at me, but I know that on my machine it is always at 3 ramps for extra ball.

Some related settings may be:
Extra ball percent is set to 25
Save ramp extra balls is set to yes

2 weeks later
#353 1 year ago

Has anyone been able to update the sounds on LW3? If so I would be interested. I would love to get rid of the Data East generic background sound. Maybe with some music from the first 2 movies..

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Has anyone been able to update the sounds on LW3? If so I would be interested. I would love to get rid of the Data East generic background sound. Maybe with some music from the first 2 movies..

PinSound?

#355 1 year ago

Couldn't be done in pinball browser then burned to the sound rom?

#356 1 year ago

I'm wrong. Pinsound only.

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I'm wrong. Pinsound only.

It's pricey but I love my PinSound in my LW3. And the wife loves the headphone jack I'll try to post a video soon.

#358 1 year ago

Thanks pal!

4 weeks later
#359 1 year ago

Today I made my poor man's version of Pinstadium lighting for about $20. What a nice difference it made.

20180303_182334 (resized).jpg

20180303_182324 (resized).jpg

#361 1 year ago

Looks good!

#362 1 year ago

If any game needs this lighting it’s LW3. Looks great.

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Today I made my poor man's version of Pinstadium lighting for about $20. What a nice difference it made.

Is that a custom plastic above the drop targets to prevent air balls? Looks nice!

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If any game needs this lighting it’s LW3. Looks great.

Great game from Data East. Had a ton of fun with mine.

Nice to see some lighting upgrades. It was a bit dark when playing with the lights off.

JodyG good job.

#365 1 year ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Is that a custom plastic above the drop targets to prevent air balls? Looks nice!

That's a original part (or a repro). DE shipped LW3 with that on to reduce air balls coming off that target bank. It is a piece that has gone missing in many games over the years.

#366 1 year ago

Looks really good! Anyone remember from the movies what the cat reference is, there is the small yet dedicated plastic with the cat printed on it (sitting above the center drop target bank)? Its been a looooong time since I've seen all three movies.

#367 1 year ago
Quoted from mima:

That's a original part (or a repro). DE shipped LW3 with that on to reduce air balls coming off that target bank. It is a piece that has gone missing in many games over the years.

Wow, never seen that before. Definitely needs it!

He'res a video of mine in action. The colors are a bit more washed out than I'd like. Brand new pin2dmd with colorization, PinSound card with custom soundtrack built off of thenotrashcougar 's incredible TNA soundtrack (and some other sounds you might recognize). I added 2 spotlights on the slings. It's got a playfield protector as well. I think I'm finally done with upgrades!

Do you guys have to raise your back legs all the way up and lower the front just to get it to 6.5 degrees?

Wish I had the piece of mirror plexi that stays attached to the cabinet. I've got measurements, just need to figure out where to get a small piece of it.

#368 1 year ago

Had my machine for like a year, even colorized this game for Pin2DMD never saw the club thread. I have this pin 2 down from my T2, and while they have similar layouts they don't play all that similarly. I still like T2 more, mostly because of the theme, but I have a blast with my LW3.

Quoted from cabuford:

Wish I had the piece of mirror plexi that stays attached to the cabinet. I've got measurements, just need to figure out where to get a small piece of it.

Mine doesn't have that, I never knew it was supposed to I'm missing the drop target air ball shield too.

#369 1 year ago

I don’t think I’ve ever had an air ball on this game.

DE simpsons on the other hand......

#370 1 year ago

Well that's what I get from posting at work.

Here is the video. Forgot to give malenko the credit he much deserves for colorizing this game. It was the final piece of the puzzle.

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Looks really good! Anyone remember from the movies what the cat reference is, there is the small yet dedicated plastic with the cat printed on it (sitting above the center drop target bank)? Its been a looooong time since I've seen all three movies.

When they went into the parking garage with the car bomb, the cat was walking on the car as they were attempting to disarm it. When the wrong wire was clipped, the grabbed the cat and ran like hell.

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

When they went into the parking garage with the car bomb, the cat was walking on the car as they were attempting to disarm it. When the wrong wire was clipped, the grabbed the cat and ran like hell.

So how about posting the poor-man's stadium-light plan? Curious what you used.

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Well that's what I get from posting at work.
Here is the video. Forgot to give malenko the credit he much deserves for colorizing this game. It was the final piece of the puzzle.
» YouTube video

Glad you like it, thanks for posting a video too! lucky1 is helping to squash the bugs. Im great at coloring, not so much at triggering sequences.

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Glad you like it, thanks for posting a video too! lucky1 is helping to squash the bugs. Im great at coloring, not so much at triggering sequences.

Yeah I've been in touch with him. Definitely a few spots where the triggering is off, I'm going to create some dump files and video and send it to him. Still a million times better than the outgassing plasma that I had in it!

#375 1 year ago

Just found this club. Picked up a LW3 a couple of weeks ago for a steal of a price. Had a few issues and looked like it had never been shopped. Cleaned up really nicely and is fully working now. Replaced some broken plastics but cant find one for the center drops, looks like that one is unobtainable. In the process of led'ing it. I added a couple of super bright led spots to the front of the slings to light up the middle of the playfield. The plastic cube targets have some breaks in them, anyone ever replace just the plastic cubes with some kind of mod? I really don't want to replace every complete target assembly.

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from kaz1961:

The plastic cube targets have some breaks in them, anyone ever replace just the plastic cubes with some kind of mod? I really don't want to replace every complete target assembly.

I’ve never seen these available in parts or full assemblies.

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from kaz1961:

The plastic cube targets have some breaks in them, anyone ever replace just the plastic cubes with some kind of mod? I really don't want to replace every complete target assembly.

Like these?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=3d+target+face

I have transparent blue ones in my top 4 targets. I need to redo them as I used rivets from the hardware store. I've got a bag of these now

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/249-5001-00

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think I’ve ever had an air ball on this game.
DE simpsons on the other hand......

My LW3 is air ball city!

#379 1 year ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Like these?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=3d+target+face
I have transparent blue ones in my top 4 targets. I need to redo them as I used rivets from the hardware store. I've got a bag of these now
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/249-5001-00

That's perfect, thanks for the link!! Did you install them with the targets on the machine or did you have to take out the bank of targets and do it on the bench?

#380 1 year ago
Quoted from kaz1961:

That's perfect, thanks for the link!! Did you install them with the targets on the machine or did you have to take out the bank of targets and do it on the bench?

I pulled out the bank. You've got to drill out the old rivets to remove them so it just made sense. That's probably why I haven't redone it even though I've had the proper rivets for about 6 months I need to do the same thing on my DE Star Wars now too.

#381 1 year ago

Nevermind, asked a question then figured it out myself.

#382 1 year ago

Anyone near their game that can tell me what kind of leg brackets are used in LW3? Are they this type?:

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=858

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anyone near their game that can tell me what kind of leg brackets are used in LW3? Are they this type?:
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=858

Yes, those are the ones that come on the game but I upgraded mine to the new Williams/Bally style brackets.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=144

#384 1 year ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Yes, those are the ones that come on the game but I upgraded mine to the new Williams/Bally style brackets.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=144

Okay cool thanks. I just went with the originals. Mine were stripped.

#385 1 year ago

Looking for a lethal weapon cabinet, can pick up at mgc next month

#386 1 year ago

Chuckwurt, are you bringing your LW3 (with the Pinstadium lighting) to the Ohio Pinball Show next week?

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Chuckwurt, are you bringing your LW3 (with the Pinstadium lighting) to the Ohio Pinball Show next week?

No. Sorry. I will not be going to that show.

#388 1 year ago

Oh no, think i just sold mine :/
Out of room...familiar?

#389 1 year ago

I’m out of the club as well. Sold mine and will be leaving this weekend. It’s been a fun ride!

#390 1 year ago

Yes, it's a good game and i know i Will miss it, but i need to try an Ac/dc for a while.
Hoping the Stern is a fun shooting machine too.

1 week later
#391 1 year ago

Where is a good place to tap into the GI lighting? Preferably in the head. I want to wire up some extra lighting, that I want to turn on and off with the GI. Low draw LEDs.

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Where is a good place to tap into the GI lighting? Preferably in the head. I want to wire up some extra lighting, that I want to turn on and off with the GI. Low draw LEDs.

Any bulb in the head should work as long as it's not a flasher.

#393 1 year ago

ok so tapped the blinker (but not flasher) bulb for my ghetto side lights, and I finally got pix of my pin2DMD installed.

ColorHS (resized).jpg

ghetto2 (resized).jpg

ghetto3 (resized).jpg

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

ok so tapped the blinker (but not flasher) bulb for my ghetto side lights, and I finally got pix of my pin2DMD installed.

You can pull 12v from the original dmd power. It’s running my pin2dmd and speaker lights.

345D710D-91AB-472C-86B9-6116EB3E3EE4 (resized).jpeg

#395 1 year ago

Too late, lol. The 12V for the pin2dmd from the sound board is only a few inches away, so Im ok with using it. Tying in my ghettostadium lights to the blinking lights in the head (non flasher) was a great idea. Its really neat to see them blink with the GI.

#396 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Too late, lol. The 12V for the pin2dmd from the sound board is only a few inches away, so Im ok with using it. Tying in my ghettostadium lights to the blinking lights in the head (non flasher) was a great idea. Its really neat to see them blink with the GI.

funny. It was seizure inducing for me. I went with always on in mine. This was in a dark gameroom though. YMMV in a well lit gameroom.

#397 1 year ago

I like it for now, if it makes me have an epileptic seizure I'll just move the tap over to the backglass bulb that doesnt blink
Shout out to cabuford for the help putting together my ghettolighting

EDIT: Wife vetoed the blinking side lights, so they got moved over to the non flasher bulb. I wont lie, I kinda like it better not flashing only because the damn game flashes so much.

#398 1 year ago

Joining the club again later this week. What ever happened to the pinsider that was making a 3D printed building for this machine?

#399 1 year ago

Hi new to pinside this is my first post so hello everyone... My question for you pinheads is my lethal weapon 3 when I try to go into system settings by opening the door pressing the step switch my dmd goes blank and i cant see to make adjustments really want to reset high score and take a look around.... thanks in advance.... Mike

3 weeks later
#400 1 year ago

This nylon link broke on my left flipper unit in my LW3. What exactly is this part called (or is there a specific DE part number) and can it be purchased individually or does an entire rebuild kit need to be purchased? If it can be purchased individually could someone direct me to where I could find one?

Thanks!

20180425_112602_resized (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Olive Branch, MS
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 589 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside