Topic Stats

• 2,377 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 hours ago by billsfanmd
  • Topic is favorited by 125 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I am planing to make my self a set of repro plastics and are considering a making a very very limited run of sets. Are there any interest out there for this?”

• I would run and grab me a set since there are no NOS made for this pin 69 votes
    47%
  • I would want to get a few single plastics, some are missing on my pin 55 votes
    37%
  • My pin has some beaten up plastics but I prefeer original plastics 5 votes
    3%
  • Nah, waste of moey. the pin plays well without / with warped and beaten up -plastics. 18 votes
    12%

(147 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8176 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8175 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8174 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8172 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8173 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240213_090711 (resized).jpg
IMG_8944 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8935 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8934 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20231205_203432.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.05.03?AM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3222 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 48.
#2101 1 year ago

I hope the ones I bought a month ago look more like the ones on the left. Still waiting for customs to release mine. Bought mine from pinball decals.eu

#2102 1 year ago

I will share that I did decide to use the one on the left with the darker blue. The wife and I both thought it matched the playfield and felt more like "police blue". I'll post Monday at some point which is which.

#2103 1 year ago

I got tired of airballs getting stuck under the ramp so I cut a deflector out. Added a small washer so it clears the drop targets and has a clean look. Time to get some new plastics

20230319_123233.jpg20230319_123233.jpg20230319_123310.jpg20230319_123310.jpg
#2104 1 year ago

I decided to paint my cabinet for now. Tedious work but looks way better now then it did.

20230316_160111.jpg20230316_160111.jpg
#2105 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I decided to paint my cabinet for now. Tedious work but looks way better now then it did.
[quoted image]

Good job!

#2106 1 year ago

Sorry for the delay in my update. The darker blue artwork was the one from Ebay where as the lighter blue was from retro-refurbs. The "Lethal Weapon 3" text was slightly nicer on the retro-refurbs and the red colors seemed more true versus the Ebay artwork where the red had an orange tinge to it. But the darker solid blue background is still what sold me on the Ebay artwork over retro-refurbs.

I will be painting my cabinet today and hopefully the artwork gets installed by the end of this weekend.

1 week later
#2107 1 year ago

Looking for some pretty abnormal parts on this thing and I'm confused in where to even begin my search. Hopefully you guys can help me out.
First item is the plastic tab that is on both sides of the DMD that kind of clips over the wood inside the back box. I'm missing the right side weirdly.
Second item is in back box as well when you take off translite. Then that little latch that you turn or whatever to allow the light door to open so you can get to all the boards. That whole Iatch setup is missing. I can take pictures if that'll help. Just curious if people know how to find and or purchase those parts.

Ps. Just got Chad's code in my game and omg!! Seriously night and day went from a so so game in my opinion toa phenomenally fun game!! Wish that guys could do all my pins.

#2108 1 year ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

Looking for some pretty abnormal parts on this thing and I'm confused in where to even begin my search. Hopefully you guys can help me out.
First item is the plastic tab that is on both sides of the DMD that kind of clips over the wood inside the back box. I'm missing the right side weirdly.
Second item is in back box as well when you take off translite. Then that little latch that you turn or whatever to allow the light door to open so you can get to all the boards. That whole Iatch setup is missing. I can take pictures if that'll help. Just curious if people know how to find and or purchase those parts.
Ps. Just got Chad's code in my game and omg!! Seriously night and day went from a so so game in my opinion toa phenomenally fun game!! Wish that guys could do all my pins.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-5001-00

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-east-speaker-panel-clip-3d-printed.html

Hope this helps

#2110 1 year ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

dude!!! you are the absolute man! thank you!

No problem, I like data east, Lol

#2111 1 year ago

Could someone please show me what the switch on the shooter lane looks like?not the switch body but the wire thingy that protrudes over the top.

I bought a new switch but it came with a perfectly straight wire, and I do not think this is what it is supposed to look like…

#2112 1 year ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

dude!!! you are the absolute man! thank you!

If you have access to 3d printer the file is on thingverse.

#2113 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Could someone please show me what the switch on the shooter lane looks like?not the switch body but the wire thingy that protrudes over the top.
I bought a new switch but it came with a perfectly straight wire, and I do not think this is what it is supposed to look like…

This is the switch I have question about, I want to know if the metal switch protrudes straight up or is it bent.
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-switch-180-5053-00.html

a quick picture would help please

#2114 1 year ago

This is the switch I have question about, I want to know if the metal switch protrudes straight up or is it bent.
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-switch-180-5053-00.html
a quick picture would help please

Here you go.

PXL_20230405_155223506 (resized).jpgPXL_20230405_155223506 (resized).jpg
#2115 1 year ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

Here you go.
[quoted image]

that is the shooter lane or the out lane?
looks like an out lane switch! am I crazy...

#2116 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

If you have access to 3d printer the file is on thingverse.

i sadly do not, but good to know, thank you!

#2117 1 year ago

that is the shooter lane or the out lane?
looks like an out lane switch! am I crazy...

Unscrewed from the shooter lane to take the picture. Looks to be the same switch throughout for most if not all of the roll over's though.

#2118 1 year ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

Unscrewed from the shooter lane to take the picture. Looks to be the same switch throughout for most if not all of the roll over's though.

Thank you! Looks like I have some bending to do in my future.

#2119 1 year ago

Thinking I'm going to led my game, I've heard mixed reviews on the flashers? I feel like some say it's a bit too much... Thoughts? Also I feel like everybody mostly agrees that you just go with white these days right and not try to match color for color? I know this has probably been talked about a million times over the years but are some of you able to just give your quick opinions and pictures if you have em. Thanks guys. Loving this game more and more. Lately every night I have been exclusively playing this game and ignoring the rest and then just playing one more over and over again ha ha.

1 week later
#2120 1 year ago

A couple years ago I traded my beloved LW3 for a Dr. Dude that my daughter wanted. She has since sold it and I’ve always missed my LW3 so I’m now on my way to drive 600 miles round trip to pick up another LW3. It’s finally reentering my collection, and this one is in much better condition than the one I had previously. Looking forward to those callouts and some C&C Music Factory!

#2121 1 year ago
Quoted from prl867:

A couple years ago I traded my beloved LW3 for a Dr. Dude that my daughter wanted. She has since sold it and I’ve always missed my LW3 so I’m now on my way to drive 600 miles round trip to pick up another LW3. It’s finally reentering my collection, and this one is in much better condition than the one I had previously. Looking forward to those callouts and some C&C Music Factory!

m

Welcome back! Have a safe trip and send us a pic when you are picking up

#2122 1 year ago
Quoted from prl867:

Welcome back! Things have changed get a pinsound board with remastered audio and movie quotes. Might as well do the updated v3.01 rom as well. Look for a last action hero shooter handle for bonus points.

#2123 1 year ago

Loaded into rented Dodge Caravan with plenty of room to spare!

4EEEAF65-3A16-4780-9CD8-C8B8FE2B0ADF (resized).jpeg4EEEAF65-3A16-4780-9CD8-C8B8FE2B0ADF (resized).jpeg
#2124 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Welcome back! Things have changed get a pinsound board with remastered audio and movie quotes. Might as well do the updated v3.01 rom as well. Look for a last action hero shooter handle for bonus points.

how good does it really sound? and did you add new speakers as well?

#2125 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I agree on the shooter replacement..here is mine

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2126 1 year ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

how good does it really sound? and did you add new speakers as well?

Didnt do new speakers and the movie quote callouts are a little vulgar but it was worth it for the laughs. Overall probably sounds about the same if im being honest. I would start with the v3.01 rom.

#2127 1 year ago
Quoted from TxJay:

I agree on the shooter replacement..here is mine[quoted image]

Grab the gun and fire!

IMG_1447 (resized).jpgIMG_1447 (resized).jpg
#2128 1 year ago
Quoted from TxJay:

I agree on the shooter replacement..here is mine[quoted image]

wow gun looks great! and red trim looks really cool too!!! any more pics you can post?

#2129 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Didnt do new speakers and the movie quote callouts are a little vulgar but it was worth it for the laughs. Overall probably sounds about the same if im being honest. I would start with the v3.01 rom.

ha ha i will hold off then, got two little ones and the wife would be pissed if she heard it saying what Im guessing its saying ha ha.

#2130 1 year ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

ha ha i will hold off then, got two little ones and the wife would be pissed if she heard it saying what Im guessing its saying ha ha.

yup it says what you think it says + more...

#2131 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Grab the gun and fire![quoted image]

Looks great!

#2132 1 year ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

wow gun looks great! and red trim looks really cool too!!! any more pics you can post?

Thank you! Let me collect some more pictures of it and I'll post it here.

#2133 1 year ago

Looks like the previous owner of my cabinet did some janky work. I believe the connector on the power board got fried so he just tapped right in. I'm thinking I'm going to get a new power board because half the lights on my back glass are out not to mention my flippers are a touch weaker than I would like and the flipper that pushes your ball from the hole to the plunger spot is a bit weak as well. Anywho after I get a new power board I'm still going to need to find a molex that fits and then hook up like 8 or so wires to it. Anybody know how to find a specific molex like the one I'm missing?

20230420_215707 (resized).jpg20230420_215707 (resized).jpg20230420_215716 (resized).jpg20230420_215716 (resized).jpg

20230420_215707 (resized).jpg20230420_215707 (resized).jpg
#2134 1 year ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

Looks like the previous owner of my cabinet did some janky work. I believe the connector on the power board got fried so he just tapped right in. I'm thinking I'm going to get a new power board because half the lights on my back glass are out not to mention my flippers are a touch weaker than I would like and the flipper that pushes your ball from the hole to the plunger spot is a bit weak as well. Anywho after I get a new power board I'm still going to need to find a molex that fits and then hook up like 8 or so wires to it. Anybody know how to find a specific molex like the one I'm missing?
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I believe that is J5 which is a 9 pin. Based on that the correct connector should be:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/09-50-8091?qs=404muyNbhLFsPVyT79cbTw%3D%3D

The crimp terminal should be:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/08-50-0106?qs=zi95yC3thwEn8WhcIJBXDA%3D%3D

#2135 1 year ago

I'm having some rows out and multiple rows closers.
I made this to make the searchings easier.
If anyone has a use in this then here you go.

??????? (resized).jpg??????? (resized).jpg
#2136 1 year ago

Hey guys quick question. I’ve had my lethal weapon for about 3 months and for the first month I could get an extra ball every time I shot the left ramp 3 times and hit the 1 hole. Now I don’t get anything. I never have messed with settings other than to put free play on originally is there a way to get that back? I’ve had some high scores but it’s harder now to get the records I put up earlier without the extra ball. Any help is greatly appreciated. I really don’t want to do a factory reset if possible.

#2137 1 year ago
Quoted from Pomz:

Hey guys quick question. I’ve had my lethal weapon for about 3 months and for the first month I could get an extra ball every time I shot the left ramp 3 times and hit the 1 hole. Now I don’t get anything. I never have messed with settings other than to put free play on originally is there a way to get that back? I’ve had some high scores but it’s harder now to get the records I put up earlier without the extra ball. Any help is greatly appreciated. I really don’t want to do a factory reset if possible.

If I remember right, there is a setting called Allow Replay Boost or something like that, it increases the score required for a replay or extra ball. Not sure if it increases the number of ramps need to get the extra ball. But might look at those before doing a factory reset.

#2138 1 year ago

I think the consensus on the extra ball taking more than just three ramp shots is that you’re playing better and it’s making it harder for you. I don’t believe there is a setting to specifically adjust how many ramp shots are needed or to force it back to just three.

#2139 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I think the consensus on the extra ball taking more than just three ramp shots is that you’re playing better and it’s making it harder for you. I don’t believe there is a setting to specifically adjust how many ramp shots are needed or to force it back to just three.

Yeah, I figured it out it’s a percentage thing I think. Factory has it at 25% and I surpassed that a long time ago. I get it to often I’m honestly just trying to make the game even for everyone. I’m going to try and take off the extra balls and maybe just add one more ball. Idk yet I don’t really like that. I probably will do one extra ball max and have put it to 50% or something.

#2140 1 year ago
Quoted from Pomz:

Yeah, I figured it out it’s a percentage thing I think. Factory has it at 25% and I surpassed that a long time ago. I get it to often I’m honestly just trying to make the game even for everyone. I’m going to try and take off the extra balls and maybe just add one more ball. Idk yet I don’t really like that. I probably will do one extra ball max and have put it to 50% or something.

Are you running the stock code? I could be wrong, but I think Chad's code makes the extra balls harder to achieve.

#2141 12 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Are you running the stock code? I could be wrong, but I think Chad's code makes the extra balls harder to achieve.

Chad's code lights extra ball at 17 completed ramps if I'm not mistaken and doesn't change after that.

#2142 11 months ago

I have a single speaker grill if anyone needs one; random, but impossible to find if you're missing it.

1682789041281849887948896760885 (resized).jpg1682789041281849887948896760885 (resized).jpg
#2143 11 months ago

Our after market topper (from Amazon) stopped working abruptly. We were shopping the cabinet and replacing bulbs with LED's so it's possible we did something under the PF to cause the topper to stop working, but I can't imagine what.

The schematics available online are pretty horrible as they are chopped up. Any insights or points to probe are greatly welcome.

Thank you

#2144 11 months ago
Quoted from Willie68:

Our after market topper (from Amazon) stopped working abruptly. We were shopping the cabinet and replacing bulbs with LED's so it's possible we did something under the PF to cause the topper to stop working, but I can't imagine what.
The schematics available online are pretty horrible as they are chopped up. Any insights or points to probe are greatly welcome.
Thank you

need more information so we can help you diagnose.
The original topper light connects at the top and it is fused. How is the aftermarket one getting power?

#2145 11 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

[quoted image]

Looks good. Where did you get your cabinet decals / wrap? Do you have the paint CMYK, RGB or Munsell code? Looks like you got it spot on.

Thanks!

#2146 11 months ago

need more information so we can help you diagnose.
The original topper light connects at the top and it is fused. How is the aftermarket one getting power?

Sorry for the lack of info. The after market topper connects into where the original topper connected to. Fuse is good. Light and motor are good, tested with 12V PSU. It's just not triggering like it did just the night before we shopped the cabinet playfield. Everything else seems to be fine.

I'm still trying to hunt down where these connections are at and go in the schematics. Not having much luck so far. I know it must be called out, just haven't found it yet. Manual calls it the "Spinning Light Assembly".

Video of topper working: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rBDEC6Awf4dXhK8W9

LW3 Topper Connection 1 (resized).pngLW3 Topper Connection 1 (resized).pngLW3 Topper Connection 2 (resized).pngLW3 Topper Connection 2 (resized).png
#2147 11 months ago

i have the aftermarket topper from amazon as well and my only complaint is that it sits high and you can see the white base. anybody find a better option that sits flush?

#2148 11 months ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

i have the aftermarket topper from amazon as well and my only complaint is that it sits high and you can see the white base. anybody find a better option that sits flush?

Just push it further back. I'm 6'5" and can't see the bottom of the light. I have it directly above the hole for the cable passthrough.

#2149 11 months ago

Pin_Fandango still looking through the schematics, is the topper called "Mars Light" on the schematics? I guess I'll go trace it, but still haven't a clue what might have caused this issue when it has been working perfectly.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

#2150 11 months ago
Quoted from Willie68:

Pin_Fandango still looking through the schematics, is the topper called "Mars Light" on the schematics? I guess I'll go trace it, but still haven't a clue what might have caused this issue when it has been working perfectly.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I meant to look into this but did not hve a chance.
I will investigate tonight

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,800 (OBO)
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-club-join-if-you-have-one-or-haf-one/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.