Topic Stats

• 2,377 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by billsfanmd
  • Topic is favorited by 125 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I am planing to make my self a set of repro plastics and are considering a making a very very limited run of sets. Are there any interest out there for this?”

• I would run and grab me a set since there are no NOS made for this pin 69 votes
    47%
  • I would want to get a few single plastics, some are missing on my pin 55 votes
    37%
  • My pin has some beaten up plastics but I prefeer original plastics 5 votes
    3%
  • Nah, waste of moey. the pin plays well without / with warped and beaten up -plastics. 18 votes
    12%

(147 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8176 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8175 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8174 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8172 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8173 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240213_090711 (resized).jpg
IMG_8944 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8935 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8934 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20231205_203432.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.05.03?AM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3222 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 48.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mel is creepin on everyone at league.

I warned you about him. Who does your LED work? Can they do mine too?

#152 7 years ago

Can someone take a photo of their ball-launch assembly?

The sleeve blew out of mine up into the playfield one game and I'm not sure what way to install a new one!
PS - Anyone know the dims for a new sleeve!? The manual I have lists everything in the assembly except the sleeve :\

1 month later
#153 7 years ago

Recently picked one up and I'm trying to get it to 100%. Roll over switch 54 (#500-5142-00) needs to be replaced and I was hoping that maybe someone here had a spare or idea where I can find one. The usual suspects seem to all be out.

I'm also looking for a LW3 playfield to sand down. Any leads on that would be appreciated too.

1 month later
#154 7 years ago

Just picked one up and hopefully will be playable soon. It looks like I'm going to have some issues to fix and this one is stumping me right now. Thank you in advance for any help.
The right slingshot, kickback, auto plunger and lower bumper are not working. I've been trying to find some common connection as to my problem, but haven't found one yet.

#155 7 years ago

One of Data Easts best pins

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir:

Just picked one up and hopefully will be playable soon. It looks like I'm going to have some issues to fix and this one is stumping me right now. Thank you in advance for any help.
The right slingshot, kickback, auto plunger and lower bumper are not working. I've been trying to find some common connection as to my problem, but haven't found one yet.

Maybe there is a fuse in line with those? I'd check those first.

#157 7 years ago

I should have said what ive tried, sorry. Ive checked all the fuses and i have voltage going to them when i check on both contacts on the coils.

#158 7 years ago

mine's comming tomorrow!
hope it's in nice shape!

#159 7 years ago

Congratulations, may it be close to plug and play for you.

#160 7 years ago

If my shooter and kickback aren't working but have voltage to them and no fuses are blown what should I check next?

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir:

Check if the soldering of the diode on the sling is good (and if the diode itself is gpod).
Cheers /mima

#162 7 years ago

Thank you, I will check the diodes on those coils. If the diodes are good do I check the drive transistors next?

#163 7 years ago

The diode was fine even tried replacing the coil same issue.

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

Congratulations, may it be close to plug and play for you.

well almost,
my left slingshot didnt work and didnt register in test, coil die fire,
the i discovered a miniscule crack at solder on diode leg, reflowedand works great now.
hope youll find your issue soon!
keep us posted!

#165 7 years ago

That's awesome! I got the kickback, right slingshot online, the only thing left is the shooter. I've tested everything on it and it's still not functioning.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

That's awesome! I got the kickback, right slingshot online, the only thing left is the shooter. I've tested everything on it and it's still not functioning.

have you looked at trigger switch inside cabinet?

#167 7 years ago

I did and that is working and diode looks good.

#168 7 years ago

Does the cabinet flipper switch touch the lug of the trigger coil when pressed? This caused all kinds of problems with mine until rectified.

#169 7 years ago

try pressing it manualy at start of game with open coindoor

dont shock yourself!

#170 7 years ago

I picked a very nice example up recently. Was apparently HUO up until around 6 months ago. It is the cleanest Lethal Weapon ive ever seen though. I was surprised at how much fun the game is. For sure underrated. I bought it to fix, play a bit, and sell. I think i'll keep it for a while. It had the typical 5v cap on the power supply that dies and then takes out transistors and coils.

#171 7 years ago

It's not touching the cool lug, how should I press it manually? also it's the only coil not checked when it does the self check.

#172 7 years ago

I just picked up my LW3 two weeks ago and I am really enjoying it. The topper light was missing but the seller included an aftermarket one that i need to wire. Other than that it just needs a good cleaning, rubbers and LEDs but plays great and is a lot of fun.

#174 7 years ago

Does anybody have a working lw3 soundboard that they would like to sell?

#175 7 years ago

I picked up a lethal weapon 3 in a trade. I am pretty impressed so far. I really like data east titles during that period anyway but this one is getting better and better. The fact that I can choose to listen to C&C Music Factory makes it even better

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#177 7 years ago

Will a stern dmd with 128X32 work in a LW3?

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

Will a stern dmd with 128X32 work in a LW3?

the new sterns dmd is same as wiiliams bally de etc. see link above
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DMD32

1 week later
#179 7 years ago

I got a Stern 5volt dmd to work in my LW3. It seems to work perfectly. One thing that I noticed and was wondering if anyone has seen this before. There are these lines that appear only on the bottom line of the dmd. It appears that they are segments maybe from the top but on the bottom. They don't appear on every screen though. Could it have something to do with the roms on the dmd driver board?

IMG_1253 (resized).JPGIMG_1253 (resized).JPG

IMG_1255 (resized).JPGIMG_1255 (resized).JPG

IMG_1254 (resized).JPGIMG_1254 (resized).JPG

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

I got a Stern 5volt dmd to work in my LW3. It seems to work perfectly. One thing that I noticed and was wondering if anyone has seen this before. There are these lines that appear only on the bottom line of the dmd. It appears that they are segments maybe from the top but on the bottom. They don't appear on every screen though. Could it have something to do with the roms on the dmd driver board?

My LW3 shows funky lines too (with original DMD), but only in free-play mode tough.

#181 7 years ago

I switched it out of free play and I'm still getting lines.

#182 7 years ago

Could this issue be from a bad dmd board rom.

#183 7 years ago

Not a ROM issue. The display is out of vertical sync with the signal as the top row is displaying on the bottom. This may mean the display is not fully compatible with a Data East signal. May want to ask Stern.

#184 7 years ago

That's kind of what I was thinking but I got a really good price on the display so I figured I'd try it. I finally found a soundboard but it comes with the Star Wars roms so I'll have to get new roms but I was wondering what It would play like with Star Wars ROMs? It might be kind of cool.

#185 7 years ago

Submitting my application for membership card!

20161120_204445 (resized).jpg20161120_204445 (resized).jpg20161120_204452 (resized).jpg20161120_204452 (resized).jpg20161120_204458 (resized).jpg20161120_204458 (resized).jpg

#186 7 years ago

Dude, I forgot how really fun this game is. It is such an EXCELLENT game for practicing your basics on, and I have learned a good bit of nudging while playing this game. Cracked 314M so far. It may not be the deepest game in the pool, but man, sometimes these kinds of games are pure fun. No regrets buying this one, glad I re-connected with my very first pin from back in 2003.

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Dude, I forgot how really fun this game is. It is such an EXCELLENT game for practicing your basics on, and I have learned a good bit of nudging while playing this game. Cracked 314M so far. It may not be the deepest game in the pool, but man, sometimes these kinds of games are pure fun. No regrets buying this one, glad I re-connected with my very first pin from back in 2003.

Got 350 million my first couple nights of owning it. Since then I haven't beaten any of the other stock high scores. Haha. Very hard to blow it up.

This game really helped me with drop catches. I was really bad at them before I owned this. It's also a crowd favorite when people come over which is a plus.

Getting the quadruple jackpot is so rewarding!! Also I think this game is way better than Star Wars that costs more than double.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Got 350 million my first couple nights of owning it. Since then I haven't beaten any of the other stock high scores. Haha. Very hard to blow it up.
This game really helped me with drop catches. I was really bad at them before I owned this. It's also a crowd favorite when people come over which is a plus.
Getting the quadruple jackpot is so rewarding!! Also I think this game is way better than Star Wars that costs more than double.

I have three of the top scores on mine but you're right it's pretty hard. I unfortunately have had to list mine for sale. I have no room and have to let something go.

1 week later
#189 7 years ago

I had a customer buy one of these for LW# and used Three Stooges videos on it. These are available now at mezelmods. 3D printed by Joe Zenkus. Painted by Modfather. Can be used on any title.

Generic TV 2 square (resized).jpgGeneric TV 2 square (resized).jpg

#190 7 years ago

My F5 keeps blowing but was working great for a while,the Vuk engages as soon as I turn it on and then blows the f5. I know that the flipper switch isn't touching the coil lug, I've checked the VUK diode and also checked Q2. Anybody have something like that happen that could steer me in the right direction?
Thank you in advance.

1 week later
#191 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

If anyone wants target decal image files PM me. Did some prints for myself and they turned out super nice.

Crash
I'd love to get these files. Do you still have them?

2 weeks later
#192 7 years ago

How does everyone's fight mode work for them? Does it start easy then progress harder throughout the game, or is it completely random every time?

It doesn't matter how fast I rip on the flippers, I typically only beat the guy by a couple cubes. Sometimes I don't even fill half the graph before he wins.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

How does everyone's fight mode work for them? Does it start easy then progress harder throughout the game, or is it completely random every time?
It doesn't matter how fast I rip on the flippers, I typically only beat the guy by a couple cubes. Sometimes I don't even fill half the graph before he wins.

I've never even come close to losing. The difficulty seems random though. Gotta work out those Nintendo button mashing fingers. All that MARIO party in college whipped me into shape.

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I only rarely lose and I think the speed is random, but I like to tell myself that if you constantly beat Travis by a ton it'll get faster. That's why I make sure I always just barely beat him, and also probably why i lose every once in a while, since I rarely start out tapping as fast as I can.

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

My F5 keeps blowing but was working great for a while,the Vuk engages as soon as I turn it on and then blows the f5. I know that the flipper switch isn't touching the coil lug, I've checked the VUK diode and also checked Q2. Anybody have something like that happen that could steer me in the right direction?
Thank you in advance.

maybe make a new thread, if you haven't already.

#196 7 years ago

A customer asked me to make him a few mods for his game. He sent me a motorcycle and a toilet to mod. What do you think?

I made mounts for them so they can mount anywhere there is a screw. I doubt I'd make these as production mods, but curious what the reaction is.

20170111_200638 (resized).jpg20170111_200638 (resized).jpg

20170111_200458 (resized).jpg20170111_200458 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#197 7 years ago

They look great. Can you provide links or location to where you purchased them? I haven't found a toilet that wasn't too big.

#198 7 years ago

+1!

realy like the motorcycle
pic when installed please!!

#199 7 years ago

I have been working on refurbishing my LW3. If anyone is interested and seeing the results so far, it is at:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-project-lethal-weapon-3

#200 7 years ago

WOW!
That looks amazing man, great job so far!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,800 (OBO)
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-club-join-if-you-have-one-or-haf-one/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.