Topic Stats

• 2,373 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Krentz
  • Topic is favorited by 125 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I am planing to make my self a set of repro plastics and are considering a making a very very limited run of sets. Are there any interest out there for this?”

• I would run and grab me a set since there are no NOS made for this pin 69 votes
    47%
  • I would want to get a few single plastics, some are missing on my pin 54 votes
    37%
  • My pin has some beaten up plastics but I prefeer original plastics 5 votes
    3%
  • Nah, waste of moey. the pin plays well without / with warped and beaten up -plastics. 18 votes
    12%

(146 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8176 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8175 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8174 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8172 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8173 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240213_090711 (resized).jpg
IMG_8944 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8935 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8934 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20231205_203432.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.05.03?AM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3222 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 48.
#1251 3 years ago

This is interesting as i put a red stern dmd in my rnb and i saw some double lower horizontal lines on my display. Notably on the outside window and double underlining of some fonts.

I just thought my dmd had an issue because it already had a line out....

1 week later
#1252 3 years ago

Question about my LW3 but it probably applies to other DE games of the same design...

My sound is good and is fun to play when cranked. The main adjustment is still that stem mounted on top of the power supply box. It goes into a potentiometer if I’m not mistaken. On my game the amount of turning from quiet to loud is really small. Like there’s hardly any room to adjust at all. And some of those in between adjustments when you turn the stem get crackly.

Is this normal? Or is this a common problem with a common solution? It would be nice to fine tune the volume a little bit better.

1 week later
#1253 3 years ago

Anyone know where to get a new volume pot or how to fix it. Sound will cut out and it I gently tap or play with the knob it comes back.

#1254 3 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Anyone know where to get a new volume pot or how to fix it. Sound will cut out and it I gently tap or play with the knob it comes back.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robocop-club-if-you-own-one-or-use-to/page/26#post-6184473

#1256 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Question about my LW3 but it probably applies to other DE games of the same design...
My sound is good and is fun to play when cranked. The main adjustment is still that stem mounted on top of the power supply box. It goes into a potentiometer if I’m not mistaken. On my game the amount of turning from quiet to loud is really small. Like there’s hardly any room to adjust at all. And some of those in between adjustments when you turn the stem get crackly.
Is this normal? Or is this a common problem with a common solution? It would be nice to fine tune the volume a little bit better.

Mine does the exact same thing, like a quarter turn goes from zero to deafening and loud static when adjusting the pot.

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Mine does the exact same thing, like a quarter turn goes from zero to deafening and loud static when adjusting the pot.

Time for new pot.

#1258 3 years ago

Similar on mine.

Everybody dance NOW!!!!!

#1259 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Time for new pot.

Giddyup... that's legal here.

#1260 3 years ago
#1261 3 years ago

This was my third pin, and I absolutely LOVE IT.

I’m 43 YO, and back in 8th grade, 1992, I used to play this at the local movie theater. They also had a Jurassic Park by Data East, but it was always broken and off.

Nostalgia made me pull the trigger and buy it. Shipped from Montana to me in Vegas.

Tim at the (transitioning) PHoF dies NOT have a LW3, as Tim hates the machine and has owned at least 3 of them in the past.

It took a couple knowledgeable local pub repair guys to help me out with a few minor issues to get it back to 100% perfect working condition (specifically the #3 bank target that gets hit every time the ball gets launched) broke off and the centre drain coil was continuously firing, but those were both minor issues and now it plays perfect.

I did some sacrelige though, I changed it to a 5 ball game through Adjustments and disabled all replays (and set it to Freeplay, obv).

Love the machine, and the backglass. Not crazy about the playfield art, but in my opinion, I think it looks better than Stern’s Ghostbusters. Sorry Zombi Zeti, I’m just not a fan.

Anyways, proud to be part of the LW3 owners club!

#1262 3 years ago

Some that loves this game is rare.

Someone that loves the backglass... now that is different.

#1263 3 years ago

I have had this pinball machine since 2010 and I love the gameplay, it will stay in my house forever

#1264 3 years ago

I've been working on LW3 for a few months now (my first machine!) and it came in decent shape but could mostly use some cosmetic work. So far I've replaced the rubbers, added a color DMD, replaced the plastics with a repro set from Marcos, polished all the metal components as they were pretty dirty. It did not come with a topper and after browsing this thread I saw that this light from Amazon can be used as a replacement.

https://www.amazon.com/Wolo-3105-B-Rotating-Emergency-Warning/dp/B000BNKTW0/

I'm wondering though if there's anything else I need to get it connected to the machine so it operates as intended during gameplay. Anyone happen to know what else I need? And on a different note, it came with LED lights except for the flashers. Is it worth it to replace the flashers with LEDs as well or is the difference minimal?

#1265 3 years ago
Quoted from FCeezer:

I've been working on LW3 for a few months now (my first machine!) and it came in decent shape but could mostly use some cosmetic work. So far I've replaced the rubbers, added a color DMD, replaced the plastics with a repro set from Marcos, polished all the metal components as they were pretty dirty. It did not come with a topper and after browsing this thread I saw that this light from Amazon can be used as a replacement.
amazon.com link »
I'm wondering though if there's anything else I need to get it connected to the machine so it operates as intended during gameplay. Anyone happen to know what else I need? And on a different note, it came with LED lights except for the flashers. Is it worth it to replace the flashers with LEDs as well or is the difference minimal?

Change out the bulb for led tower flasher.

Yes, comet 8smd flashers rock.

#1266 3 years ago

Make sure all the drop targets work and have nice decals on them if you didn’t do that. i’d say put in the LED flashers because when you don’t you have different colors of white

#1267 3 years ago

Hey gang,

picked up a basket case LW3 that needs to be restored and put back together, previous owner got in over his head and didn't take pics. Upper playfield parts were all removed, down to the last post. Everything I was told is there... Does anyone have shop out pics from their LW3 that I could reference to help put Humpty Dumpty back together again????

TIA!

#1268 3 years ago

Hi all!

My first pin was a LW3 and it will always have a special place in my heart (first girlfriend like) ha ha!

Anyway, does anyone have an old LW3 playfield that they swapped out for a new one? I’d like to hang one on my wall to remember her by.

PM me if you do with some pics and how much $ you want.

Quoted from trueno92:

Some that loves this game is rare.
Someone that loves the backglass... now that is different.

Hey, I liked the back glass too!
(I am a big fan of the movies though)

Thanks.
Rich

#1269 3 years ago

Hah, the backglass is my absolute least favorite thing about this game, in myriad ways.

Putting Mel's visage aside, I think I counted double-digits of guns on it. Not my favorite thing to have in the living room.

Also my first pin, and I've yet to sell! It's just so much fun for the price.

#1270 3 years ago

I joined the club last week and working to restore it as best as I can. Can someone help me figure out. where this light goes? Black and white wires. Also added a before Pic

20210327_180422 (resized).jpg20210327_180422 (resized).jpg20210331_012958 (resized).jpg20210331_012958 (resized).jpg20210331_013004 (resized).jpg20210331_013004 (resized).jpg
#1271 3 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

Hah, the backglass is my absolute least favorite thing about this game, in myriad ways.
Putting Mel's visage aside, I think I counted double-digits of guns on it.

If I may point out, the first three movies largely revolve around Riggs and Murtaugh shooting people (including one with a nail gun) and blowing things up.

The backglass accurately depicts the movies pretty well.

1 week later
#1272 3 years ago

Anybody know where to get the upper mirror thats attached in the back? Mines broken off on one end. I can probably MacGyver it together but a permanent replacement would be much better.

#1273 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Anybody know where to get the upper mirror thats attached in the back? Mines broken off on one end. I can probably MacGyver it together but a permanent replacement would be much better.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-club-join-if-you-have-one-or-haf-one/page/16#post-5577480

If there is enough interest I could do another batch, I think I still have the template here somewhere.

20200328_151907s (resized).jpg20200328_151907s (resized).jpg20200405_151701 (resized).jpg20200405_151701 (resized).jpg20200328_144014 (resized).jpg20200328_144014 (resized).jpg
#1274 3 years ago

I got my replacement from gdonovan ; it was perfect

#1275 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-club-join-if-you-have-one-or-haf-one/page/16#post-5577480
If there is enough interest I could do another batch, I think I still have the template here somewhere.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'd be down to get one!

#1276 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

If there is enough interest I could do another batch, I think I still have the template here somewhere.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'd be interested as well!!

#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I want one to!

#1278 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I want one to!

Well that makes 3, 4 would be ideal but I'll work with it. Let me dig around to figure out where I purchased the stock and I'll be in touch.

Gary

#1279 3 years ago

Thankyou for this.. sorry I only just saw it! I ended up getting it working the way I needed.

Cheers

#1280 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Yeah, I can always use a spare...put me down for one.

#1281 2 years ago

Just joined the club!!! I love this game. I do have a quick question? I have a right outlane post and it seems like I am missing the left one? Appears to be a hole for one but cant figure out if an outlane post is suppose to be on the left also. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from Eurovision:

Just joined the club!!! I love this game. I do have a quick question? I have a right outlane post and it seems like I am missing the left one? Appears to be a hole for one but cant figure out if an outlane post is suppose to be on the left also. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks

It came with the hole as an option to put a post in. I put one in my JP but havnt in my.lw3 since it has the kick out.

#1283 2 years ago

Has anyone put a post on the left side outline and which post? Would it even help?

#1284 2 years ago
Quoted from Eurovision:

I only have mine to go off of but I have a outlane post on both sides. It was that way when I got the game

#1285 2 years ago
Quoted from Eurovision:

Has anyone put a post on the left side outline and which post? Would it even help?

I put one in thinking it was missing. I later got a playfield protector which has no hole for it so I removed it. I guess it helped a little bit, but i don't feel like I drain the left outlane too much.

#1286 2 years ago

Does anyone have a rubber ring on their right outlane post? The majority of balls when I play go down the right outlane versus the left or middle. I find if it gets over to that right post without much energy, it has nothing to bounce off and just dies and drains. I thought a small ring on that post might give you something to work with for nudging. Anyone do that or have a ring on that post?

#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Does anyone have a rubber ring on their right outlane post?

Mine didn't come with it, not sure if that was stock, but I did add one. Gives me something to nudge off of.

#1288 2 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Mine didn't come with it, not sure if that was stock, but I did add one. Gives me something to nudge off of.

Any chance you gotta pic? Or know what size you used?

I think doing this in combination with where that adjustable outlane post is to the right of the post we're talking about would give a player the chance to bump the ball out of there.

#1290 2 years ago

New high score, made it to super stunt spectacular and then through 3 more stunts, made it to super lethal weapon and then all the way back again, coming just two shots shy of starting super lethal weapon for a 2nd time. 1 extra ball.

90FC4A86-EB21-4983-A37A-2FD038A2733E (resized).jpeg90FC4A86-EB21-4983-A37A-2FD038A2733E (resized).jpeg
#1291 2 years ago

hey, joined the lw3's owners club some days ago and I'm loving my newcomer.
I bought it from a man who used to repair pinballs for a living and this was his own pin so... not much work to do on it (nothing, really) apart from cleaning it.
the only thing is the gun, is the original one and is very worn out by use. my doubt is if I keep it original or if I repaint it

#1292 2 years ago
Quoted from Blamer:

hey, joined the lw3's owners club some days ago and I'm loving my newcomer.
I bought it from a man who used to repair pinballs for a living and this was his own pin so... not much work to do on it (nothing, really) apart from cleaning it.
the only thing is the gun, is the original one and is very worn out by use. my doubt is if I keep it original or if I repaint it

I chromed mine since it gets so much use. Can get the replacement spring from Marcos.

Screenshot_20210501-121022_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210501-121022_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210501-121219_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210501-121219_Gallery (resized).jpg
#1293 2 years ago

My lower GI isn't working but was working before. Does anyone know what fuse to check for lower GI? Thanks

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from Eurovision:

My lower GI isn't working but was working before. Does anyone know what fuse to check for lower GI? Thanks

GI is fused on F1, F2, F3, F4 on the PPB board. Sorry, not sure which of the four is for the lower GI.

#1295 2 years ago

Just brought one of these and the dmd isn't working (wasn't when I showed up either). How do I determine if it's the dmd itself or something else? Everything else seems to function okay on this. I have 4.73V on the power plug for the controller board.

PXL_20210502_190904356 (resized).jpgPXL_20210502_190904356 (resized).jpg

#1296 2 years ago

The 0.5A fuse was blown and when I replaced it TR3 GLOWED and then the fuse blew. Not sure what this tells me, if anything..

#1297 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Just brought one of these and the dmd isn't working (wasn't when I showed up either). How do I determine if it's the dmd itself or something else? Everything else seems to function okay on this. I have 4.73V on the power plug for the controller board.
[quoted image]

I would take the backglass out and lower the speaker/DMD panel down so you can see behind it. Might just be that one of the connectors isn't connected anymore. Post pics if you're not sure what you're seeing.

Mine looks like this back there...

IMG_3065 (resized).JPGIMG_3065 (resized).JPG
#1298 2 years ago

Looks fine to me. Where I'm pointing in the second picture is what glowed when the 0.5A fuse was replaced.

PXL_20210503_001423474 (resized).jpgPXL_20210503_001423474 (resized).jpgPXL_20210503_001436392 (resized).jpgPXL_20210503_001436392 (resized).jpg
#1299 2 years ago

That's part of the high voltage area for the display. Probably have to rebuild that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hilton, NY
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-club-join-if-you-have-one-or-haf-one/page/26?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.