Topic Stats

• 2,359 posts
  • 265 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I am planing to make my self a set of repro plastics and are considering a making a very very limited run of sets. Are there any interest out there for this?”

• I would run and grab me a set since there are no NOS made for this pin 69 votes
    47%
  • I would want to get a few single plastics, some are missing on my pin 54 votes
    37%
  • My pin has some beaten up plastics but I prefeer original plastics 5 votes
    3%
  • Nah, waste of moey. the pin plays well without / with warped and beaten up -plastics. 18 votes
    12%

(146 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240213_090711 (resized).jpg
IMG_8944 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8935 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8934 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20231205_203432.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.05.03?AM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3222 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6406 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6402 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6403 (resized).JPEG
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 48.
#851 3 years ago

Ahh right you are!

#852 3 years ago
Quoted from loneranger:

You can already do this, go into Adjustments and set Option 47 to NO.

So turning off "Adj 47 Save 3 Banks" will prevent the 3rd ball auto MB qualified? I would have thought this adjustment just saved your drop target progress from ball to ball, what am I missing?

Can someone explain how "Adj 53 Spot 3 Banks" works?

#853 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

So turning off "Adj 47 Save 3 Banks" will prevent the 3rd ball auto MB qualified? I would have thought this adjustment just saved your drop target progress from ball to ball, what am I missing?
Can someone explain how "Adj 53 Spot 3 Banks" works?

I haven't had a chance to mess with this much, but what I understand is ADJ 47 will save the progress you've made on the banks, and ADJ 53 will auto advance a certain amount per ball. The default is they are saved, and advance enough each ball so mulitball is active on ball 3. I'm planning on trying to leave 47 set to "on" but set 53 to "off" so nothing is auto advanced and see where that sets me.

#854 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Technically this will prevent auto-Multiball qualified on Ball 3 because each ball resets all the progress. But there is a much better way to do this.

Here are all the Adjustments that pertain to the 3 Banks (Drop Target Banks):
Adjustment 47 - Save 3 Banks (Factory Default is YES)
Adjustment 52 - 3 Bank Style (Factory Default is 03/EASY)
Adjustment 53 - Spot 3 Banks (Factory Default is 03/EASY)

For Adjustment 52 and 53, the possible settings are:
04 = Extra Easy
03 = Easy
02 = Medium/Factory (LIES!!! As you can see, they are both defaulted to 03/EASY from the factory)
01 = Hard
00 = Extra Hard

Here is my recommendation for the modern pinball player:

Adjustment 47 = YES
Adjustment 52 = 02/Medium
Adjustment 53 = 01/Hard

Try out these settings and let me know what you think.

With these recommended settings, any progress you make will be saved between balls. There is no spotting of banks at the start of ball. Before the first Multiball, completing a Drop Target Bank will also spot the other Drop Target Bank. After the first Multiball ball, completing a Drop Target Bank will NOT spot the other Drop Target Bank.

#855 3 years ago

Is it possible to patch or modify the rom to prevent LED ghosting, like the WPC patch does?

#856 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Is it possible to patch or modify the rom to prevent LED ghosting, like the WPC patch does?

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible, I'd be very happy to be wrong

#857 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Game I am borrowing is fully LED'ed. I am not seeing any ghosting.

Most people just get non-ghosting LED's these days, right?

#858 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Im pretty sure Ive got non-ghosting leds but I have a few inserts that are ghosting. maybe Ive got some other issue causing my problems.

#859 3 years ago

Did you guys color match ur leds?

Im thinkin of doin a top to bottom on mine but might just warm-white the whole thing and caller a day

#860 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Game I am borrowing is fully LED'ed. I am not seeing any ghosting.

I have normal Comet LED's in mine, no ghosting issues.

#861 3 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Did you guys color match ur leds?
Im thinkin of doin a top to bottom on mine but might just warm-white the whole thing and caller a day

I do not use colored LEDs, warm white for Orange, red, yellow Gems, white natural 4000k on other gems and for GI

#862 3 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

I do not use colored LEDs, warm white for Orange, red, yellow Gems, white natural 4000k on other gems and for GI

+1 for this. The only exception is I use red LEDs under red inserts. White LEDs of any color seem to bleach the red a little bit. On occasion, if the blues look really faded on older machines comet's ice blue LEDs bring back some of the color without looking over saturated.

#863 3 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

+1 for this. The only exception is I use red LEDs under red inserts. White LEDs of any color seem to bleach the red a little bit. On occasion, if the blues look really faded on older machines comet's ice blue LEDs bring back some of the color without looking over saturated.

I will typically color match inserts to leds- blues, greens and reds.

Yellows and whites get white led's though I'll sometimes use a colored LED if I want to change the color of a white/clear insert.

#864 3 years ago

Pumped about the new code!
I'd love a couple different multiballs like how the jurassic park has 2, 3 and 5. Thanks for working on this.

#865 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

In this scenario, the game will award you points instead. With Lethal Weapon 3, it looks like it grants 1 Million.

Thanks. I'm going to change Ad 42 Extra Ball Percentage to zero when I get around to it. Pretty much all the other choices are worth more than a million.

#866 3 years ago

Hey all. trying to sort this mess out. Can someone take a pic so that I can be sure the correct orientation of the diode on the coil and which wire goes to which lug please and thanks? This is the ball shooter coil. Seems they added a 2nd diode for good measure lol.

20200514_163114 (resized).jpg20200514_163114 (resized).jpg20200514_163242 (resized).jpg20200514_163242 (resized).jpg
#867 3 years ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

Thanks. I'm going to change Ad 42 Extra Ball Percentage to zero when I get around to it. Pretty much all the other choices are worth more than a million.

OK, I'm totally confused. I assumed that, since three ramps and Saucer 1 awards an extra ball 100% of the time, Ad 42 had nothing to do with it. Yet, with Ad 06 (Limit Extra Balls) set to 1 and AD 42 set to zero, no extra ball is awarded. Extra Ball Percentage of what?

Thanks.

#868 3 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Hey all. trying to sort this mess out. Can someone take a pic so that I can be sure the correct orientation of the diode on the coil and which wire goes to which lug please and thanks? This is the ball shooter coil. Seems they added a 2nd diode for good measure lol.[quoted image][quoted image]

Got it figured out.

20200515_124957 (resized).jpg20200515_124957 (resized).jpg
#869 3 years ago

OK, I'm totally confused. I assumed that, since three ramps and Saucer 1 awards an extra ball 100% of the time, Ad 42 had nothing to do with it. Yet, with Ad 06 (Limit Extra Balls) set to 1 and AD 42 set to zero, no extra ball is awarded. Extra Ball Percentage of what?
Thanks.

The plot thickens. When I purchased the machine, Ad 06 was set to zero and Ad 42 was set to 25. I changed Ad 06 to one and it worked fine.

Then I set AD 42 to zero because I was tired of Super Leo offering me an extra ball that was never going to be awarded because I had already received one. The game stopped lighting extra ball after three ramps.

Since then I have tried various non-zero values for Ad 42 and still can not get the 'normal' extra ball function to function again. (I did get an extra ball once during multiball, presumably through Super Leo.) Ad 06 remains at one.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

#870 3 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

I have this issue too. Always thought it being a drain on the power supply as the game has Color DMD, Premium Pinball Pro Speakers, and upgraded to an XPIN power supply. Let me know if the cables do the trick!!

Well i got the new cable and installed it today,there issome slight lag in the DMD still but it made a noticeable improvement for me.. its not perfect but better...i think this game just has some lag from what ive seen
..correct me if im wrong but seems to be a common issue among owners

#871 3 years ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

Well i got the new cable and installed it today,there is some slight lag in the DMD still but it made a noticeable improvement for me.. its not perfect but better...i think this game just has some lag from what ive seen..correct me if im wrong but seems to be a common issue among owners

Thanks. I think the lag became worse once I installed the Color DMD.

1 week later
#872 3 years ago

The plot thickens. When I purchased the machine, Ad 06 was set to zero and Ad 42 was set to 25. I changed Ad 06 to one and it worked fine.
Then I set AD 42 to zero because I was tired of Super Leo offering me an extra ball that was never going to be awarded because I had already received one. The game stopped lighting extra ball after three ramps.
Since then I have tried various non-zero values for Ad 42 and still can not get the 'normal' extra ball function to function again. (I did get an extra ball once during multiball, presumably through Super Leo.) Ad 06 remains at one.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

The extra ball function started working again, without any further adjustments.

#873 3 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I believe there's a bug linked to the 911 top lanes. Check out this video to see what I mean:
Notice they don't light for the first 20 seconds?
Then I've noticed in the past that mine go out when my ball goes in saucer 3 - Same as the video at the 30 second mark. Then they turn back on soon after.

My old gameplay video

#874 3 years ago

You know what would be great in LW3? Tournament mode. 10 second ball save. "Lite Karate Kick" rules that made sense. Balanced Super Leo awards. Improved light shows. Having Fight Mode not be a random event. Holding a flipper button down during Attract Mode to show Previous Score (nice for the tournament crowd). Less "OK, OK, OK". Super Score changed back to Getaway. Displaying all frames of the Stunt videos.

Yep... coming soon... and so, so much more!

#875 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

You know what would be great in LW3?

That does sound great. But where could we find a hero that can make all that happen?

#876 3 years ago

Can someone hook me up with the person that did the ColorDMD for LW3? We need to talk.

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Can someone hook me up with the person that did the ColorDMD for LW3? We need to talk.

Their Facebook says Dave Timmer. Maybe try there as well?

#878 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

What about Pin2DMD? (I colored that one)

#879 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

You know what would be great in LW3? Tournament mode. 10 second ball save. "Lite Karate Kick" rules that made sense. Balanced Super Leo awards. Improved light shows. Having Fight Mode not be a random event. Holding a flipper button down during Attract Mode to show Previous Score (nice for the tournament crowd). Less "OK, OK, OK". Super Score changed back to Getaway. Displaying all frames of the Stunt videos.

The ok-ok-ok on the last DE rom is fine, personally I'd like to kick fight mode to the curb. I lose 90% of the time frankly.

#880 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I lose 90% of the time frankly.

I thought it was just me. So much so, I made a post about it a while back wondering if it was a setting

#881 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Did you sell your machine? I'm still running your Pin2DMD colorization and I'd like it to work with ChadH's code update. Maybe I'll finally take a look at working on them myself.

#882 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The ok-ok-ok on the last DE rom is fine, personally I'd like to kick fight mode to the curb. I lose 90% of the time frankly.

The ok-ok-ok was better in the last DE ROM, but it wasn't perfect.

As far as Fight Mode... currently, the game selects a RANDOM difficulty level (from 4 different levels) and sticks with it the entire fight. The update will always start with a set difficulty level (medium) and adapt on the fly as the fight proceeds.

Quoted from Malenko:

I'll contact you via PM soon.

#883 3 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Did you sell your machine? I'm still running your Pin2DMD colorization and I'd like it to work with ChadH's code update. Maybe I'll finally take a look at working on them myself.

no one wants it,lol

I'll do everything I can to make sure chad's code works with pin2DMD

#884 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

no one wants it,lol

I bet they will after this code update! Even ChadH's suggestions of just changing Adj 51 and 52 which will prevent auto multiball makes it a more challenging fun game!

My Pin2DMD still sporadically has some colorization dropouts at the same places. I'll try to get a video. I'm on your latest files and the latest firmware. Will donate again to you and ChadH once everything is updated!

#885 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

no one wants it,lol

I have Malenko's colorozation in my LW3 and I love it. It's a must have upgrade to this game. Thank you Malenko.

#886 3 years ago

Hi all, Just joined the LW3 club. She aint' pritty. A non-running, beaten up, busted up, robbed for parts, on the scrap heap, left for dead pin i bought but I am determined to get her running again.

Has anyone had any experience with repairing the uzi bullets? Paint is just starting to lift. I have never clear coated before and hesitant to hit the playfield with novus and risk damaging other areas further. Not sure what the best course of action is.

There are also some fine cracks in some areas.

This isnt a collectors pin (obviously ) but somthing i would like to keep for myself and the kids for years to come.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Steve

20200606_183723 (resized).jpg20200606_183723 (resized).jpg20200606_190636 (resized).jpg20200606_190636 (resized).jpg20200606_190614 (resized).jpg20200606_190614 (resized).jpg20200606_183734 (resized).jpg20200606_183734 (resized).jpg
#887 3 years ago

So stoked for this new update, Im gonna start sinkin some cash into my player.

Tee’n up an LED kit to get things started

#888 3 years ago

Why does Joe Pesci looks so bad on the color dmd

#889 3 years ago

Chad, in the new update do you think adding a shaker motor to LW3 is possible?

#890 3 years ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

Q26 [ SOL. DRIVE 13 ] is open... so it is possible.
Just need software space.

#891 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Q26 [ SOL. DRIVE 13 ] is open... so it is possible.
Just need software space.

Sounds promising! I haven't played LW3 yet, still refurbishing but imagine there would be plenty of explosions and modes that would benifit with a shaker.

#892 3 years ago

If someone wants to come to my house and install a shaker motor in my LW3... then I will gladly code for it.

#893 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

If someone wants to come to my house and install a shaker motor in my LW3... then I will gladly code for it.

Haha sorry i didnt think it through that far. Since i am stuck in Australia the best i could do is chip in some money to help buy one locally. I think it would be a nice addition to the game but i have no idea how difficult the process might be to code.

#894 3 years ago

Haha sorry i didnt think it through that far. Since i am stuck in Australia the best i could do is chip in some money to help buy one locally. I think it would be a nice addition to the game but i have no idea how difficult the process might be to code.

Honestly... it would be cool. But how many people would really drill into their cabinet, run the wires, and mount a shaker motor in a game that is not already physically prepped for one? Very few.

Also, there are solutions for shaker motors in "any game" that involve tapping into switches and lamps and coils. Not nearly as nice as a game that is coded for one... but there is that possibility for those who truly desire one.

#895 3 years ago

I'd chip in for you to get a shaker too. Cause I'd take the time to put one in my LW3 if the rom supported it.

#896 3 years ago

I've got a Pinsound card in mine and just ordered a shaker for it. Looks like I'll have to code it myself but the built in code on DE Star Wars is awesome.

#897 3 years ago

It was just a thought i can imagine it would be hard to program without a motor in there. The shaking in TFTC is perfect when you trigger multiball.. adds a cool dimension to the game. I am sure a good number of people who are into LW3 would consider it. There would be a few pinball collectors who wouldnt want to mod the cabinet to install a shaker motor. Either way you doing work on the code is awesome and appreciated. Fixing bugs that have been there since the beginning and making the gameplay and sound better.

#898 3 years ago

It was just a thought i can imagine it would be hard to program without a motor in there. The shaking in TFTC is perfect when you trigger multiball.. adds a cool dimension to the game. I am sure a good number of people who are into LW3 would consider it. There would be a few pinball collectors who wouldnt want to mod the cabinet to install a shaker motor. Either way you doing work on the code is awesome and appreciated. Fixing bugs that have been there since the beginning and making the gameplay and sound better.

The shaker in Jurassic Park is used to awesome effect.

#899 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Ball save if draining within three seconds of Saucer 1 kickout. No more extra ball messages if extra ball limit has already been met.

#900 3 years ago

Ball save if draining within three seconds of Saucer 1 kickout. No more extra ball messages if extra ball limit has already been met.

That is a good one, Saucer 1 is a pain at times.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-club-join-if-you-have-one-or-haf-one/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.