Topic Stats

• 2,377 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by billsfanmd
  • Topic is favorited by 125 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I am planing to make my self a set of repro plastics and are considering a making a very very limited run of sets. Are there any interest out there for this?”

• I would run and grab me a set since there are no NOS made for this pin 69 votes
    47%
  • I would want to get a few single plastics, some are missing on my pin 55 votes
    37%
  • My pin has some beaten up plastics but I prefeer original plastics 5 votes
    3%
  • Nah, waste of moey. the pin plays well without / with warped and beaten up -plastics. 18 votes
    12%

(147 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8176 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8175 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8174 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8172 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8173 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240213_090711 (resized).jpg
IMG_8944 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8935 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8934 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20231205_203432.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.05.03?AM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3222 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 48.
#751 4 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

Hey Guys my playfield is not kighting up below the pop bumpers on top, i replaced F4 fuse and one of the tabs that hold the fuse fell off. It still sits well there could that be the problem ?
Any other ideas ?[quoted image]

LOL.. funny. Almost the same thing happened to me... but I broke both F2 and F3 fuse clips.
I took out the PSU, replaced the clips but now the "back" half of my GI light will not come on.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

MM

OUT

#752 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I have shipping notice and tracking that package is in the Hermes system, so Robocop plastics are on way!
The post office lied, mirrored plastic arrived today. I must say, that looks sexy as hell. I opted for rounded corners and made the cutout as small as possible so it isn't as noticable as the factory unit.

That looks incredible! Do you have any extra plastic to sell, or would you mind even making more of them?!?

#753 4 years ago

samesies, I already got a airball guard from ya, I'd love to get a new mirror plexi

#755 4 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

That looks incredible! Do you have any extra plastic to sell, or would you mind even making more of them?!?

I planned on making a few more, just need to determine how many people are interested.

#756 4 years ago

LW3 spotted in the ZZ Top doc on netflix too!

#757 4 years ago

Still shuffling pins around but LW3 is in the lineup and the Mrs. is giving it a spin. Only thing missing is the knocker which I just noticed gone the other day and is on its was from thepinballwizard.net. great people!

20200402_052010 (resized).jpg20200402_052010 (resized).jpg
#758 4 years ago

I was reading the rules for LW3. Apparently during the multi-ball, if you get a second ball up the ramp before the first ball goes into the return lane you get a double jackpot. Further more If you hit the left orbit in a certain amount of time you get a quadruple jackpot. Has anyone ever achieved this or tried it?

#759 4 years ago

If anyone really enjoys the Lethal Weapon movies like I do. I made a Pin Sound mix for LW3. It's got sound clips from the first three movies. And also the soundtrack form the first 3 movies in the mix. It turned out pretty good. It's on Pin Sounds web site if anyone is interested.

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

I was reading the rules for LW3. Apparently during the multi-ball, if you get a second ball up the ramp before the first ball goes into the return lane you get a double jackpot. Further more If you hit the left orbit in a certain amount of time you get a quadruple jackpot. Has anyone ever achieved this or tried it?

Ramp once - single jp
Ramp quickly again - double jp
At any time get a ball in the left saucer, then shoot up the ramp - double jp.
Quickly get a second ball up the ramp - quadruple jp!

Best part of the game! I’ve managed to get two quad jackpots in one multiball before. This game might be pretty basic and shallow but its can sure kick ur ass, at least mine does!

#761 4 years ago

Shooting the bad guy while the ball is in play without draining is so satisfying.

#762 4 years ago

$30 plus the shipping, drop me a PM if interested.

Only have 3 made up, no plans on making more unless some interest. Figure $10 for priority shipping and I work daily so can ship quick.

Gary

Edit: One sold, two left.

20200405_151718 (resized).jpg20200405_151718 (resized).jpg20200405_151701 (resized).jpg20200405_151701 (resized).jpg20200328_151907 (resized).jpg20200328_151907 (resized).jpg
20200328_143903 (resized).jpg20200328_143903 (resized).jpg

#763 4 years ago

Hoping someone can shed some light on a re-import lw3 I'm trying to bring back. Someone cut plug power cord off spliced in cord and tried to start it with set to Europe 220v settings.

So far I have fixed transformer issue. Repinned 9 pin gi connector at power supply board that was melted. Yet 2 more issues I have to work through, 1 main one before i feel comfy trying to turn on

Main issue left:

Plug j5 9 pin connector on playfield power board/ aux power driver board is burnt as well. Some of these wires run up to plug I fixed on power supply board. Someone started to fix. They got as far as cutting the plug off, using a used pigtail from another game and spliced 4 wires/ left 5 hanging.

Pin 1 white/brown
2 white/yellow
3 white/ green
4 white/violet
5 white/ brown
6 white/ yellow
7 white/ green
8 key
9 white/ violet.

So only 8 pins get used. But I have 9 wires. 3 white with yellows. Yet schematic not showing 3 white/yellow.

I have no faith in previous owners skills and as such do not trust that the wires hooked up are in proper places. So going to have to ohm out wires make certain they are in correct pins.

But can someone please confirm the 3 white/yellow wires for me.

Secondary issue- pic is included- just two random wires under playfield by ball shooter just hanging out loose. Dont see anywhere they would go. Also they were spliced at one time it appears so....

Thank you.

20200405_094554 (resized).jpg20200405_094554 (resized).jpg
#764 4 years ago

I know two of the yellow wires go together. I will get you some pics shortly

#765 4 years ago
15861742780523692121157361769535 (resized).jpg15861742780523692121157361769535 (resized).jpg
#766 4 years ago
Quoted from Mtkst19:

Secondary issue- pic is included- just two random wires under playfield by ball shooter just hanging out loose. Dont see anywhere they would go. Also they were spliced at one time it appears so....
Thank you.[quoted image]

I'll look at mine when I get home.

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'll look at mine when I get home.

Checked the wiring diagram, looks like wiring for ball launch Sol#12 vio/yel and brn/yel wires.

LW3 (resized).pngLW3 (resized).png
#768 4 years ago

Dang you guys are quick. Thank you very much. I'll pick on it through out the week and report back

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

When you apply some wax for ramp the ball will drain faster and easy to get the quadruple jackpot. I did it and it is so cool.

#770 4 years ago

Got like 10 minutes in before work this morning. Attached is a pic of what I'm dealing with plug wise. Not to terrible - seen worse in late model cars from installs gone wrong.

Just 1 more question on the j5 connector. The harness that the wiring runs into has a "Y" or fork to it. Half my j5 wire bundle runs upward toward power supply. Other half runs to right.

I would think 1-4 goes "up" and 5-9 to the right. Can anyone confirm please. Will save me time ohming out end to end and diagram chasing.

15862171665818390796111735663151 (resized).jpg15862171665818390796111735663151 (resized).jpg1586261484550705860611645637222 (resized).jpg1586261484550705860611645637222 (resized).jpg
#771 4 years ago

Having Color DMD display issues of lag and/or blank display. Thinking its a power issue. Have the XPin power supply, Color DMD LED display, and Pinsound Premium speakers. The original display worked fine with no lag or blanking out. Issue arrises during game play. Any suggestions?

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from Mtkst19:

Got like 10 minutes in before work this morning. Attached is a pic of what I'm dealing with plug wise. Not to terrible - seen worse in late model cars from installs gone wrong.
Just 1 more question on the j5 connector. The harness that the wiring runs into has a "Y" or fork to it. Half my j5 wire bundle runs upward toward power supply. Other half runs to right.
I would think 1-4 goes "up" and 5-9 to the right. Can anyone confirm please. Will save me time ohming out end to end and diagram chasing.[quoted image][quoted image]

I will look this up and send you photos this evening when I get home.

#773 4 years ago

Here you go. They go to the topmost connector on the power supply. Good luck. Lethal weapon 3 is a lot of fun.

IMG_20200409_151206569 (resized).jpgIMG_20200409_151206569 (resized).jpgIMG_20200409_151234012 (resized).jpgIMG_20200409_151234012 (resized).jpg
#774 4 years ago

Twice I have gotten "Super Score" which counts down like Super Spinner does. I can't find this documented anywhere. Can someone explain?

Thanks.

#775 4 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

Here you go. They go to the topmost connector on the power supply. Good luck. Lethal weapon 3 is a lot of fun.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you
Looks like today will be an early quit time at work so should get to it today.

#776 4 years ago

Indeed got out of work early today. Came home finished wiring everything. Thank you everyone for the help.

After fixing wiring and double check of fuses- was time to fire it up. Game boots and have sound/lights, but dmd is blind.

8 pin connector p1 my voltages are correct except for 2 pins. Pin 2 -98v does not even have a pin on board. Pin 8 +68 v I'm half that at 33v.

Connector cn2 has 5v power and ground.

On board in back box pia is not illuminated.

So more digging to go!

15865556426045036614764405629100 (resized).jpg15865556426045036614764405629100 (resized).jpg15865556718298778297513799159374 (resized).jpg15865556718298778297513799159374 (resized).jpg
#777 4 years ago

Looks like there may be enough meat to solder a pin in there for the 98v. Worth a shot because displays are not cheap. Also, the 68v is most likely something on the power supply. But I would do the pin on the display first

#778 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Looks like there may be enough meat to solder a pin in there for the 98v. Worth a shot because displays are not cheap. Also, the 68v is most likely something on the power supply. But I would do the pin on the display first

Agreed, I just finished sorting out the DMD on mine 3 weeks ago. Strange the pin is broke off.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmd-out-of-action-on-lw3-not-ok-ok-ok

Let me know if you need a power board, I have one I just put new regulators on and is a spare.

20200313_192416 (resized).jpg20200313_192416 (resized).jpg
#779 4 years ago

Worst case you can get a Pin2DMD or a ColorDMD

#780 4 years ago

I just took the plunge and ordered updated ROMS. Currently have 2.05 for Display and CPU. Anyone know the difference of the new one? Latest one is 2.08 cpu and 2.06 for display. Also considering the color dmd (LCD version) has anyone put one of these in a data east?

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

Twice I have gotten "Super Score" which counts down like Super Spinner does. I can't find this documented anywhere. Can someone explain?
Thanks.

"Super Score" is apparently Getaway. No clue why the display refers to it differently from the playfield and the documentation.

#782 4 years ago

I think you're going to lose all the multiball scenes and they get replaced with "Tri-ball" scenes

#783 4 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

I just took the plunge and ordered updated ROMS. Currently have 2.05 for Display and CPU. Anyone know the difference of the new one? Latest one is 2.08 cpu and 2.06 for display. Also considering the color dmd (LCD version) has anyone put one of these in a data east?

LED is the way to go with the display. I have both in my machines and led to me is the better choice for color and clarity.

#784 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I think you're going to lose all the multiball scenes and they get replaced with "Tri-ball" scenes

Crap, in perpetually being a cheap bastard I ordered the single rom chip and was going to modify the display board. This is going to make it harder to revert back if I don't like it.

teddyb73 I really like the simplicity and efficiency of the LED screens but I have not been able to warm up to the way they look. My buddy put one in his Rocky and Bullwinkle there was just something my eyes picked up on how each pixel formed its color.

#785 4 years ago

The LCD won’t fit unless you modify the plastic dmd/speaker panel. The LED fits as it’s the size of an original DMD.

#786 4 years ago

thanks gdonovan !

IMG_2508 (resized).JPGIMG_2508 (resized).JPG
#787 4 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

thanks gdonovan ![quoted image]

Glad to be of service, love the lighted speakers! Gives me bad thoughts of modding.

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

Thanks.

This is funny you ask. I've just replaced the video rom and cpu rom. There are only 2 differences in can tell thus far. As Malenko mentioned, Multiball has been replaced as tri-ball and your "Super Score" was originally "Getaway". I might put the old video ROMs back in
The only other think that I've never seen is that in the newest .08 cpu rom, i was awarded a movie scene during a normal leo getz. Don't recall that being an award in .05.

This is funny history as Williams sued DE for the use of "multiball". This was apparently the first game to go tri-ball (I assume DE lost). The name "Getaway" . . . well, come on . I guess Williams had a problem with that too. Honestly when I play LW3 I feel it is a two-bit knock off of HS2 and Terminator. Which is okay, as it is still my favorite machine.

#789 4 years ago

LW3s layout is pretty close to T2 (its easy to compare because I have them side by side :p ) and with my pin2DMD I just made the "triball" scenes trigger the old Multiball scenes instead. I'm sure ColorDMD could offer up the same change in their release.

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

$30 plus the shipping, drop me a PM if interested.
Only have 3 made up, no plans on making more unless some interest. Figure $10 for priority shipping and I work daily so can ship quick.
Gary
Edit: One sold, two left.

All mirrors sold, thank you.

#791 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

All mirrors sold, thank you.

Mines in too. The left hole.... man its tight, could have been a shade taller and it would have been easier to install, but I know the variances in the machines are all over the place. Looks way better than the one I had before with the giant crack in it.

LW3 (resized).jpgLW3 (resized).jpg
#792 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Mines in too. The left hole.... man its tight, could have been a shade taller and it would have been easier to install, but I know the variances in the machines are all over the place. Looks way better than the one I had before with the giant crack in it.[quoted image]

If I do another batch I have marked on the template to move the hole up slightly on that side. Looks great!

#793 4 years ago

We are looking to add a used machine very shortly and found a LW3 we are interested in. The family played a LW3 at Expo and really liked it.
I had a 2 questions that came up from the playfield pictures of the game.

First picture and question
In the center 3 drop targets only 1 of the drops is up and visible. It has an American flag instead of what other machines have on their drop targets. Besides looking dirty (the black mark across the flag) is that the wrong picture on the drop target?

Second picture and question
There is a 3 bank of drop (or other type of targets) where each of the targets are of different thicknesses. I did not see this in other playfield pictures. Is this normal or is there something going on with them (incorrect or broken)? It obviously is missing a sticker on one of the targets as well.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you!

Screenshot_2020-04-20-00-16-45 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-04-20-00-16-45 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-04-20-00-16-54 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-04-20-00-16-54 (resized).png
#794 4 years ago
Quoted from Krh13:

We are looking to add a used machine very shortly and found a LW3 we are interested in. The family played a LW3 at Expo and really liked it.
I had a 2 questions that came up from the playfield pictures of the game.

First picture and question
In the center 3 drop targets only 1 of the drops is up and visible. It has an American flag instead of what other machines have on their drop targets. Besides looking dirty (the black mark across the flag) is that the wrong picture on the drop target?

Second picture and question
There is a 3 bank of drop (or other type of targets) where each of the targets are of different thicknesses. I did not see this in other playfield pictures. Is this normal or is there something going on with them (incorrect or broken)? It obviously is missing a sticker on one of the targets as well.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you!

So all drop targets should look the same and thickness, like the 2 in the second picture.
You can get a new drop target set from Marco for 20.85
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DT1438

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from uphamj:

So all drop targets should look the same and thickness, like the 2 in the second picture.

Thank you!!!

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from uphamj:

Correct, it looks like someone replaced broken drop targets with whatever they had lying around. Be sure to go over the whole machine, if they skipped corners on drop targets who knows what else was done.

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Correct, it looks like someone replaced broken drop targets with whatever they had lying around. Be sure to go over the whole machine, if they skipped corners on drop targets who knows what else was done.

That's what I was thinking after seeing everyone's comments. Especially when this one is listed as have been "gone through " by a tech. I will wait until the right one comes along.
Thanks for your help!

#798 4 years ago

If the worst thing about it is having to replace drop targets; there's no reason not to get it.

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from Krh13:

That's what I was thinking after seeing everyone's comments. Especially when this one is listed as have been "gone through " by a tech. I will wait until the right one comes along.
Thanks for your help!

If the price is right I'd not worry about some funky drop targets, thats little money.

The "tech going through it" might have been nothing more than making sure the machine worked after doing a minor repair and some fresh elastics. For all you and I know the tech could have recommended new targets and the owner said "why, these work"

People paying for services tend to skate as cheap as possible, seen in all the time when I was an auto tech and shop foreman. Its amazing when you look up the job history on a car and that "full brake job you did just last year" was in reality a $79 coupon set of pads done 5 years ago. I kid you not.

Look at the pin as it is and determine if it is worth the price.

#800 4 years ago

have any of yall put in a pin stadium light set? Just got one and I'm trying to figure our which flasher to put the PS UV flasher on. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,800 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-club-join-if-you-have-one-or-haf-one/page/16?hl=vulcan903 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.