Topic Stats

• 2,359 posts
  • 265 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I am planing to make my self a set of repro plastics and are considering a making a very very limited run of sets. Are there any interest out there for this?”

• I would run and grab me a set since there are no NOS made for this pin 69 votes
    47%
  • I would want to get a few single plastics, some are missing on my pin 54 votes
    37%
  • My pin has some beaten up plastics but I prefeer original plastics 5 votes
    3%
  • Nah, waste of moey. the pin plays well without / with warped and beaten up -plastics. 18 votes
    12%

(146 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240213_090711 (resized).jpg
IMG_8944 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8935 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8934 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20231205_203432.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.05.03?AM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3222 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6406 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6402 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6403 (resized).JPEG
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 48.
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I got one for like 20 bucks on amazon. It just sits on top and Ive had no issues with it. I can take pix when I get home if you'd like.

That would be great. Does it light up?

#652 4 years ago

yeah lights up and spins when its supposed to (like multiball and shoot again)

#653 4 years ago

I got mine from ali, here is the link :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32815817502.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dNeR5QL

Blue is the best off course, before installation I tried in my car (do not this!)

#654 4 years ago

I've got a spare motor/light unit as I changed mine to an LED flasher. @GL_Pinguy

20200122_135954 (resized).jpg20200122_135954 (resized).jpg
#655 4 years ago
Quoted from vulcan903:

I've got a spare motor/light unit as I changed mine to an LED flasher. GL_Pinguy[quoted image]

I am interested, PM me.

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from onlydjz:

I got mine from ali, here is the link :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32815817502.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dNeR5QL
Blue is the best off course, before installation I tried in my car (do not this!)

I may do this with a blue one on mine. How does it wire in with that car adapter plug? I assume you gotta cut it off and hardwire?

#657 4 years ago

I bought two lights, one red and one blue. When they both turn on you can't miss it. You will have to replace the bulbs with LEDs. This is the only picture I could find on my work computer...

LW3 Final (resized).jpgLW3 Final (resized).jpg
#658 4 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

I may do this with a blue one on mine. How does it wire in with that car adapter plug? I assume you gotta cut it off and hardwire?

As I remember you can apply direcly with the original voltage. I purchased a socket and did the modification. Only one thing remained : the metal plate to the top I do not want to drill or do some other terrible and unreversible mod. Four screws will fix this.

cig (resized).jpgcig (resized).jpg
#659 4 years ago

I have a poor video during the game lol.

#660 4 years ago

Does anyone make plastic protectors for this game? I wanted to replace my homebrew repros with NOS but it's nice to protect them so the new plastics won't break.

#661 4 years ago

In the process of cleaning and refreshing my LW3. New rubber kit from Game Room Guys seems to be good other than the two missing mini post rubbers. The Pinballbulbs.com LED kit from Marco is a bit confusing. This is my first LED kit and I do not really understand all of the LED bulb types and where they go. I wish they had a better chart for the GI bulbs. The flasher and backbox diagram looks good. The three spot lights for the center of the playfield are cool, but I had to go to their website to figure out what they were and where they were supposed to go. It has a light strip that goes behind the flippers, there was nothing in the pack for those either. The kit looks great, I wish the instructions were better. Flipper rebuild. new sleeves in the other coils and new yellow targets from Marco. I ordered all 5, Marco missed one. I hope they can get it to me this week. Now all I have to do is add the topper and this will be all set for my grandson next weekend.

End of report....

20200131_201613 (resized).jpg20200131_201613 (resized).jpg20200131_201633 (resized).jpg20200131_201633 (resized).jpg
#662 4 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Hi guys. I know of a few people who own LW3s that are missing the gun handle on the cabinet. Is there anyone who reproduces these or 3D prints them?

+ one on the Indy handle and these are easy to find

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#663 4 years ago
Quoted from newy16216:

+ one on the Indy handle and these are easy to find[quoted image]

Awesome. I might have to try this.

How about a Terminator 2 gun handle? The T2 gun looks more similar to the original than the IJ gun.

#664 4 years ago

Tried to fit a Pin2DMD in my Lethal Weapon 3 today and it was a complete fail! The LED panels on the Pin2DMD are much deeper than the original DMD and push up against the perspex in front. It's practically impossible to get washers / spacers in lift it clear of the front and would also need longer screws. I also tried it out of the machine and the display was all messed up. The data cable is the same, but are the pins different?

Dropped one in my Williams TOM no problem, but this has been a nightmare.

Any advice would be appreciated?

#665 4 years ago

Question for those who installed LEDs in their LW3. What did you use for the shooter lane flasher. The flasher LEDs that came in the kit do not seem that they would work that well in there. I am thinking if building some sort of reflector.

20200201_135828sml (resized).jpg20200201_135828sml (resized).jpg20200201_135840sml (resized).jpg20200201_135840sml (resized).jpg20200201_135907sml (resized).jpg20200201_135907sml (resized).jpg
#667 4 years ago

I have an original LW3 handle if someone needs them, I also have some misc parts as well left over from a parts machine

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from GL_Pinguy:

Question for those who installed LEDs in their LW3. What did you use for the shooter lane flasher. The flasher LEDs that came in the kit do not seem that they would work that well in there. I am thinking if building some sort of reflector.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just keep it simple. I used one of the Flex Flashers from Comet. Fits perfect.

Flex Flasher (resized).jpgFlex Flasher (resized).jpg
#669 4 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

There is one of those in the kit, now I know where it goes. Thanks.

#670 4 years ago
Quoted from GL_Pinguy:

Question for those who installed LEDs in their LW3. What did you use for the shooter lane flasher. The flasher LEDs that came in the kit do not seem that they would work that well in there. I am thinking if building some sort of reflector.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pinballbulbs are great; but their instructions kinda suck.

Not trying to be an ass; but I was able to fit the full size flasher in the shooting lane with little trouble. Maybe you can move the top bulb up abit more?
If you need a picture I can provide one after work.

Good Luck.
MM

OUT

#671 4 years ago

Can anyone who has done LEDs recently give me a count for how many bayonets bulbs you needed total? (Backglass, GI, and all the inserts)
I'm getting ready to LED multiple projects and want to buy in bulk. Just a close estimate is all I need. Thanks.

#672 4 years ago

Hey guys and girls.... one question.... HOW THE HELL do I take off the "Mar Light" cover?
I have the OEM style and I don't see how to and I don't want to break anything.

Thanks!

MM

OUT

#673 4 years ago

Doesn't the cover have three hex head screws?

#674 4 years ago
Quoted from madmatt1:

Not trying to be an ass; but I was able to fit the full size flasher in the shooting lane with little trouble. Maybe you can move the top bulb up abit more?

The large flasher fits in there fine, it just looks weird. (See Photo) The instructions could have been better, be we figured out and it looks great.

Quoted from TxJay:

The Flex light that I had was not a flasher, so I will have to order one. But first I need to figure out why the standard flasher that I put in does not flash. I am guessing broken wire or something like that. All of the rest of the lights work and look great now they are LEDed.

20200210_175315 (resized).jpg20200210_175315 (resized).jpg
#675 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Doesn't the cover have three hex head screws?

Nope..... I see no screw at the top and under the light. I'm a little scared to turn it and break something; but I really want to change the bulb.
I can add pictures if that would help?

Thanks,

MM

OUT

#676 4 years ago
Quoted from GL_Pinguy:

The large flasher fits in there fine, it just looks weird. (See Photo) The instructions could have been better, be we figured out and it looks great.

The Flex light that I had was not a flasher, so I will have to order one. But first I need to figure out why the standard flasher that I put in does not flash. I am guessing broken wire or something like that. All of the rest of the lights work and look great now they are LEDed.[quoted image]

Yea... and I know it looks silly but it works great for me.

MM

OUT

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Can anyone who has done LEDs recently give me a count for how many bayonets bulbs you needed total? (Backglass, GI, and all the inserts)
I'm getting ready to LED multiple projects and want to buy in bulk. Just a close estimate is all I need. Thanks.

Hello... I have instructions from Pinballbulbs.com for the Ultimate LED Kit, would you like a copy?
I can scan it and send it tomorrow after work. That will tell you everything you need.

Thanks,

MM

OUT.

#678 4 years ago
Quoted from madmatt1:

Nope..... I see no screw at the top and under the light. I'm a little scared to turn it and break something; but I really want to change the bulb.
Thanks,
MM
OUT

Did somebody epoxy the plastic cover to the top of the back box then?

#679 4 years ago
Quoted from madmatt1:

Hello... I have instructions from Pinballbulbs.com for the Ultimate LED Kit, would you like a copy?

Perfect. Yes please! Thanks!

#680 4 years ago
Quoted from madmatt1:

Yeah, send a pic. Let's have a look at that.

#681 4 years ago

Ok.. here are the LW3 pinballbulb.com instructions.

Enjoy!!!

MM

OUT

LW3 Pinball LED[1061].pdfLW3 Pinball LED[1061].pdf
#682 4 years ago

OK.... HELP... here are a few pictures of my Mar Light.
Help me open it; please.

Thanks,

MM

OUT

Light 3 (resized).jpgLight 3 (resized).jpglight 1 (resized).jpglight 1 (resized).jpglight 2 (resized).jpglight 2 (resized).jpglight 4 (resized).jpglight 4 (resized).jpg
#683 4 years ago

O.K. That is not factory!!! You have a mod. I think some one glued it to the cabinet.
You can see the small holes for were the OEM cover was attached.
The cover, it might be attached with double sided stick tape.
I would try and use a heat gun and a flat putty knife to see if it can come lose.
I would test in a small hidden area first to see what is going on...

#684 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

O.K. That is not factory!!! You have a mod. I think some one glued it to the cabinet.
You can see the small holes for were the OEM cover was attached.
The cover, it might be attached with double sided stick tape.
I would try and use a heat gun and a flat putty knife to see if it can come lose.
I would test in a small hidden area first to see what is going on...

Well,CRAP!!!! Atleast now I know..... Thanks!

I have a new problem..... I was playing a game last night and every time I launched a ball the game would stop and reset.
The sound would stop, lights would stay on and my flippers still work; odd!
I then power cycled the machine several time and It would happen every time I launched a ball.

Any thoughts?

I have not had a chance to dig in yet.......but when I get a chance I will check all my fuses and power levels.
Extra info, I do have a Color DMD, Xpin PS, and a RD main board (mpu)

I can also make a short vid if that would help.

Thanks in advance......

MM

OUT

#685 4 years ago

ColorDMD action

9F415EEC-0AA0-4E04-BA41-6FF6F6BD4E36 (resized).jpeg9F415EEC-0AA0-4E04-BA41-6FF6F6BD4E36 (resized).jpeg
#686 4 years ago

I find my LW3 to be a real drainfest, I get a lot down the center and right sides.

Can anyone suggest some some ideas to help lower the problem?

I used the same 6.5 and Right / Left level on my Jurassic park and it plays fine.

#687 4 years ago

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for a working display for my Data East Star Trek. If you have one laying around and don’t need it I’ll buy it from you. PM details”
2020-04-16
Richfield, MI
Wanted
Archived after: 15 days
Viewed: 108 times

#688 4 years ago
Quoted from freshjive:

I find my LW3 to be a real drainfest, I get a lot down the center and right sides.
Can anyone suggest some some ideas to help lower the problem?
I used the same 6.5 and Right / Left level on my Jurassic park and it plays fine.

Where is it draining from? Orbits? Centre ramp? From the pops?

Is your right outlane post fully open or missing?

#689 4 years ago

Just got my boards back from the man Eugene Mosh!! Powered up and everything seems to be working except for the display. It comes on but is solid orange across all rows. I have a solid 5.08V at the 5v pin. I am still green with DMD era games. Are there dip switch settings for LW3??

I have tried reseating ALL of the ribbon cables with no change.

FB_IMG_1582961234832 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1582961234832 (resized).jpg
#690 4 years ago

ribbon cable: red stripe is pin 1.

#691 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

ribbon cable: red stripe is pin 1.

Yes, they're all correctly oriented.

1 week later
#692 4 years ago

So, I found my problem. 2 of my fuse holders broke off from my X-pin Power Board. Easy fix......
Plus I replaced the center ramp switch....... it appears to be working..... atleast in switch test it is.

But NOW half of my GI is not lighting up??
- I checked all the fuse
- wigged some wires

Any advise??? Did I install the ramp switch wrong????
Here is a picture of the ramp switch... I know my soldering is crappy....

Thanks,

MM

OUT

20200307_201747 (resized).jpg20200307_201747 (resized).jpg
#693 4 years ago
Quoted from madmatt1:

So, I found my problem. 2 of my fuse holders broke off from my X-pin Power Board. Easy fix......
Plus I replaced the center ramp switch....... it appears to be working..... atleast in switch test it is.
But NOW half of my GI is not lighting up??
- I checked all the fuse
- wigged some wires
Any advise??? Did I install the ramp switch wrong????
Here is a picture of the ramp switch... I know my soldering is crappy....
Thanks,
MM
OUT[quoted image]

Which areas of your GI are out?

#694 4 years ago

Just became a lw3 owner last weekend. Rebuild power supply. Replaced tip36 on Q3 and she is 100 percent. I do need a picture of the wire orientation in the plug at J5. Some one hacked it and soldered the wires to the back of the board. Need to repin and replug. Can some one post a pic please.

Thanks.

20200308_204954 (resized).jpg20200308_204954 (resized).jpg
#695 4 years ago
Quoted from vulcan903:

Which areas of your GI are out?

Top Half....... from the center ramp, up; towards the DMD.

Thanks,

MM

OUT

#696 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawasakiltd:

Just became a lw3 owner last weekend. Rebuild power supply. Replaced tip36 on Q3 and she is 100 percent. I do need a picture of the wire orientation in the plug at J5. Some one hacked it and soldered the wires to the back of the board. Need to repin and replug. Can some one post a pic please.
Thanks.[quoted image]

Here you go....... Hope this helps.

MM

OUT!!

20200311_161527 (resized).jpg20200311_161527 (resized).jpg
#697 4 years ago

Thank you that will help for sure.

#698 4 years ago

Working on bring this one back to full function..

20200311_184726 (resized).jpg20200311_184726 (resized).jpg20200311_210056 (resized).jpg20200311_210056 (resized).jpg
#699 4 years ago

Another one lives to see a new decade.

Big thanks to Tec4toys for helping me get this one back on its feet.

Before and after LEDs.

Playing great. Needs a few adjustments on the pop bumper switches and I have 2 light bulbs giving me trouble. But pretty much finished. Happy with the turnout.

20200316_033137 (resized).jpg20200316_033137 (resized).jpg20200316_033200 (resized).jpg20200316_033200 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200316-032153_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200316-032153_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200316-032223_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200316-032223_Gallery (resized).jpg
#700 4 years ago

Question- Can someone take some measurements of the shorter mirrored backpanel above the 3 flash lamps? Mine is missing of course so I'm just going to make one. Just let me know how tall it is overall minus the cutout for the ramp.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-club-join-if-you-have-one-or-haf-one/page/14?hl=sixtyfourbits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.