Topic Stats

• 2,379 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by koji
  • Topic is favorited by 126 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I am planing to make my self a set of repro plastics and are considering a making a very very limited run of sets. Are there any interest out there for this?”

• I would run and grab me a set since there are no NOS made for this pin 69 votes
    47%
  • I would want to get a few single plastics, some are missing on my pin 55 votes
    37%
  • My pin has some beaten up plastics but I prefeer original plastics 5 votes
    3%
  • Nah, waste of moey. the pin plays well without / with warped and beaten up -plastics. 18 votes
    12%

(147 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8176 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8175 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8174 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8172 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8173 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240213_090711 (resized).jpg
IMG_8944 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8935 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8934 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20231205_203432.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.05.03?AM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3222 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,379 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 48.
#551 4 years ago

Can anyone scan their helicopter blade plastic for me please. I need this part scanned. As you can see mine has tons of bubbles in it and I don't think they can be photoshopped out

IMG (resized).jpgIMG (resized).jpg
#552 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Can anyone scan their helicopter blade plastic for me please. I need this part scanned. As you can see mine has tons of bubbles in it and I don't think they can be photoshopped ou. I am trying to recreate it since this isn't available anymore [quoted image]

1 week later
#553 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Can anyone scan their helicopter blade plastic for me please. I need this part scanned. As you can see mine has tons of bubbles in it and I don't think they can be photoshopped out[quoted image]

Blade-LW3 (resized).jpgBlade-LW3 (resized).jpg
#555 4 years ago

I've pick up a LW after a 22 year break since my last LW3. Missing the helicopter blade totally so was thinking of putting a 1:42 scale police helicopter in its place.

#556 4 years ago

Looks like we could be next in line for Color DMD. Actually, ColorLED would be a better choice.

8C367A9C-DE8B-413B-9B1F-2ABE40F4D64C (resized).jpeg8C367A9C-DE8B-413B-9B1F-2ABE40F4D64C (resized).jpeg
#557 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Looks like we could be next in line for Color DMD. Actually, ColorLED would be a better choice.[quoted image]

If its not, and it'd help, ColorDMD is more than welcome to convert my Pin2DMD colorization to colorDMD; I'll help however I can.

Same goes for TMNT, SFII, etc

#558 4 years ago

Yeah!

B893CC9D-B9E8-4674-9B4C-B13D5DA33B7D (resized).pngB893CC9D-B9E8-4674-9B4C-B13D5DA33B7D (resized).png
#559 4 years ago

Any ideas where this plastic is supposed to go? I just got a brand new plastic set and this is the one piece I cannot figure out where it is supposed to go.

20190613_064109 (resized).jpg20190613_064109 (resized).jpg
#560 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Any ideas where this plastic is supposed to go? I just got a brand new plastic set and this is the one piece I cannot figure out where it is supposed to go.[quoted image]

Over one of the pops to prevent stucky balls in the spiral wireform I believe: I can get you a pic.

#561 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Over one of the pops to prevent stucky balls in the spiral wireform I believe: I can get you a pic.

I would appreciate it if you can, mine doesn't have anything there at all

#562 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I would appreciate it if you can, mine doesn't have anything there at all

Not my game because I haven’t been home all day but you can kinda see it here.

It has a metal bracket to raise it up and tilt the plastic so air balls fall into the wireform instead of getting stuck on top of the pop.

Not all that important in home use really.

51B99FDC-7417-4CC6-B2D7-60E57C4EDC80.jpeg51B99FDC-7417-4CC6-B2D7-60E57C4EDC80.jpeg

#563 4 years ago

great thank you!

#564 4 years ago

LETHAL WEAPON 3 VIDEO PREVIEW!!!

Lethal Weapon 3 is the 92nd supported game for the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform! LW3 was colored by Dave Timmer and the color ROM is targeted for release by Friday, June 28! Displays are shipping now! http://shop.colordmd.com

1 week later
#565 4 years ago
Quoted from vulcan903:

I've pick up a LW after a 22 year break since my last LW3. Missing the helicopter blade totally so was thinking of putting a 1:42 scale police helicopter in its place.

I put a helicopter in mine (different position) but it really spiced up the playfield. I made mine interactive so the blades spin when the ramp shot is made. Here's a pic and a video link to see it in action.

lw3 (resized).jpglw3 (resized).jpg
#566 4 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

I put a helicopter in mine (different position) but it really spiced up the playfield. I made mine interactive so the blades spin when the ramp shot is made. Here's a pic and a video link to see it in action.
[quoted image]

Cool!

How did you make the blades spin?

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Cool!
How did you make the blades spin?

I used a 12v relay (with a resistor and diode) connected to the blue flasher bulb circuit (the one directly left of the ramp). When the flasher flashes it clicks the relay. The heli's motor is connected to something like a 3v DC power supply. The relay breaks the circuit when the flasher is off. Works well because this is the flasher that lights up when the ramp shot or subway shot is made. I don't remember the exact specs on what I used, this was about 6 years ago, but you get the idea.

#568 4 years ago

does anyone have old spare plastics for the left side of this playfield? Upper left corner, and the middle one on the left would be great.Need not be perfect, its a players game

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#569 4 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

I used a 12v relay (with a resistor and diode) connected to the blue flasher bulb circuit (the one directly left of the ramp). When the flasher flashes it clicks the relay. The heli's motor is connected to something like a 3v DC power supply. The relay breaks the circuit when the flasher is off. Works well because this is the flasher that lights up when the ramp shot or subway shot is made. I don't remember the exact specs on what I used, this was about 6 years ago, but you get the idea.

Thanks!

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

[quoted image]

I like what you have done. The LED strips lights too look good too. The helicopter looks like the Pizo ones that came out of China a few years back.

1 month later
#571 4 years ago

Gone for chrome metalwork!

20190810_123857 (resized).jpg20190810_123857 (resized).jpgIMG-20190809-WA0005 (resized).jpegIMG-20190809-WA0005 (resized).jpegIMG-20190809-WA0007 (resized).jpegIMG-20190809-WA0007 (resized).jpegIMG-20190809-WA0009 (resized).jpegIMG-20190809-WA0009 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#572 4 years ago

Ok ok ok.

Joined the club last week. Mine came with a few extra plastics. Anyone know where this clear one goes? this things a left drain monster. I consider myself a pretty good player and still haven't broke 300mil. 268 is my high.

Also it has an obnoxious hum Coming from the right speaker. Any quick fixes for that?

20190829_020118 (resized).jpg20190829_020118 (resized).jpg20190829_020131 (resized).jpg20190829_020131 (resized).jpg
#573 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Anyone know where this clear one goes?

Try the center drop targets. Check the photo-morgue above.

#574 4 years ago

I had a hum. Its dirty voltage. I changed the sound card to a pinsound and it masks the hum while I improve the voltage. The transformer has water marks on so I reckon the transformer at the moment.

1 week later
#575 4 years ago

Well my LW3 is the pin that keeps giving.
My DMD controller board is dead again, gives nothing out to dmd, not even the rom version number, although there is activity on the data ribbon cable to the DMD, I checked with logic probe, the PALs seem to get very hot but maybe thats normal, I have a pal/gal programmer but cannot find the code anywhere, anyone have them by any chance? I know its the controller as it went before and I had a lend of a controller which I was using.
Also all my voice callouts stopped working and C&C is distorted, all the other sounds are fine, I've checked voltages, roms, RAM, Ribbon cables, re-capped some of the audio board, I will finish it over the weekend and see if it helps though

Anyone a spare DMD Controller board they want to sell?

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

LETHAL WEAPON 3 VIDEO PREVIEW!!!
Lethal Weapon 3 is the 92nd supported game for the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform! LW3 was colored by Dave Timmer and the color ROM is targeted for release by Friday, June 28! Displays are shipping now! http://shop.colordmd.com

Has anyone here bought and installed this yet? I did, and cannot seem to get it sorted out. I installed one on my Avengers, and it went smoothly. This one...not so much. I would like to talk with someone who did it and make sure I am not missing anything.
Thanks.
Mike

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Has anyone here bought and installed this yet? I did, and cannot seem to get it sorted out. I installed one on my Avengers, and it went smoothly. This one...not so much. I would like to talk with someone who did it and make sure I am not missing anything.
Thanks.
Mike

I did. Other than the usual screwups here and there, it was mostly uneventful. Managed to get it all buttoned up and then realized I'd mounted it upside down. =)

Not sure how I can help; I can take photos if you need to confirm wiring, etc.

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

I did. Other than the usual screwups here and there, it was mostly uneventful. Managed to get it all buttoned up and then realized I'd mounted it upside down. =)
Not sure how I can help; I can take photos if you need to confirm wiring, etc.

John:
Thanks for the reply. Can you snap several photos? Overhead view of the overall install, then some detail shots of how the parts "layered"..the DMD, the RF shield, how the posts and nuts "stack".....and the wiring, too.

#579 4 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

John:
Thanks for the reply. Can you snap several photos? Overhead view of the overall install, then some detail shots of how the parts "layered"..the DMD, the RF shield, how the posts and nuts "stack".....and the wiring, too.

Here you go. I think I left the RF shield off. Let me know if you need anything else or can't make out something.

IMG_3444 (resized).JPGIMG_3444 (resized).JPGIMG_3445 (resized).JPGIMG_3445 (resized).JPGIMG_3446 (resized).JPGIMG_3446 (resized).JPGIMG_3448 (resized).JPGIMG_3448 (resized).JPG
#580 4 years ago

I think these will be perfect. It will be next weekend before I get to try the install...but this will help.
Thanks again!
Mike

#581 4 years ago

OK, so now a follow up question......
Below is a close up of your photo....showing the 26 pin ribbon cable, connected to CN3 on the original DMD controller board. The red stripe is to the LEFT.
But in step 7 of the instructions, it says red stripe to RIGHT.
https://www.colordmd.com/installation/ColorDMD%20LED%20Installation%20Instructions%20DE%20SEGA%20Rev2.PDF

Since your install of this display board actually works, is it safe to assume the instructions are simply incorrect?
Any thoughts?

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPG
#582 4 years ago

Well keep in mind that the thing is laid out on my playfield with the “top” of the board closest to us. So effectively it’s upside down.

But yes it works.

#583 4 years ago

Yep, I got it for positioning.....but I did lie before...I have one more question/request.....
Can you take a photo of the other end of the 26 pin ribbon? So I ensure both ends are oriented to match yours?
Are they both "red stripe to the right" when standing in front,the facing the machine?
Thanks again.

#584 4 years ago

The red wire on a ribbon cable is usually pin#1, there should be a 1 silk screened on the board.

IMG_3827 (resized).JPGIMG_3827 (resized).JPG
#585 4 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Thanks.
Mike

I bought the pin 2 dmd for mine and installed it. I used the color dmd data east power adaptor. Worked good. I did have issues when first trying to get mine going. had to put the DMD back to factory settings. Then it started working

#586 4 years ago

Hey all, anybody still making reproduction plastics here? I need the left hand side piece.

Thanks

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from Roy6585:

Hey all, anybody still making reproduction plastics here? I need the left hand side piece.
Thanks

I bought from this guy and he is a Saskatchewan seller. I don't know if he sells individual pieces or not. I was very pleased with my purchase from him though everything was well done.

ebay.com link: NEW LETHAL WEAPON 3 PINBALL PLASTIC SET 1992 DATA EAST SEALED

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from Tablewicked:

The red wire on a ribbon cable is usually pin#1, there should be a 1 silk screened on the board.[quoted image]

Thanks

#589 4 years ago

Lethal Weapon 3 question when you knock all three drop targets in the middle are they supposed to reset instantly or do you have to knock the three on the right as well for them to reset thanks.

#590 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Lethal Weapon 3 question when you knock all three drop targets in the middle are they supposed to reset instantly or do you have to knock the three on the right as well for them to reset thanks.

They reset straight away. Both targets are not linked.

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from vulcan903:

They reset straight away. Both targets are not linked.

Thank you for the reply will check my game later today.

#592 4 years ago

Anyone know a good source for voltage boards? I'm trying to help a buddy and cannot for the life of me get his 5V line to cooperate.

I've put in new fuse clips, fuses, caps, new LM723, the DB tests with in limits, new 2N6059 which actually tests BELOW the .4 - .6 I expected, tested at around a .38 something if I recall.
Used this as a refrence point:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega#Missing_5VDC

Anything I've obviously missed?

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Anything I've obviously missed?

The small caps.

#594 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

The small caps.

Groovy, I have those just have yet to replace them, along with some 1n1004s I think they are. Have some of them as well.

#595 4 years ago

Can someone tell me the colors on r14 over by C19 on the cpu board? Mine turned to toast the very first game after I got it home.

#596 4 years ago
Quoted from mantz88:

Can someone tell me the colors on r14 over by C19 on the cpu board? Mine turned to toast the very first game after I got it home.

I can look tomorrow for you.

FYI: I graduated HS in Blackwell...small world

#597 4 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

I can look tomorrow for you.
FYI: I graduated HS in Blackwell...small world

Small world indeed. I met some guys in Cabo, Mexico once that knew where Newkirk was. That one blew my mind.

I would appreciate the info though. I've had this machine for 2 weeks now and havent been able to put a full game on it.

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from mantz88:

Anyone? I really would like to play this game.

DA09E2B6-5ADD-43B8-883B-A04C80591294 (resized).jpegDA09E2B6-5ADD-43B8-883B-A04C80591294 (resized).jpeg
#599 4 years ago

They are the same as the ones underneath the brunt one. The schematic should show you what they are too

#600 4 years ago
Screenshot_20190921-214716 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190921-214716 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,800 (OBO)
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,377 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,379 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-club-join-if-you-have-one-or-haf-one/page/12?hl=vulcan903 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.