Topic Stats

• 2,359 posts
  • 265 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 minutes ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I am planing to make my self a set of repro plastics and are considering a making a very very limited run of sets. Are there any interest out there for this?”

• I would run and grab me a set since there are no NOS made for this pin 69 votes
    47%
  • I would want to get a few single plastics, some are missing on my pin 54 votes
    37%
  • My pin has some beaten up plastics but I prefeer original plastics 5 votes
    3%
  • Nah, waste of moey. the pin plays well without / with warped and beaten up -plastics. 18 votes
    12%

(146 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240213_090711 (resized).jpg
IMG_8944 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8935 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8934 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20231205_203432.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.05.03?AM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3222 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6406 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6402 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6403 (resized).JPEG
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 48.
#501 5 years ago

Looka good dude!

I’ve been meaning to do this too, just been lazy. Nice that it’s a cheapey too!

#502 5 years ago

The things you find when you look around! I don't know how this was so mushroomed. Is this a common wear part on this table? I'll have everyone checking their kicker lever assembly!

32931587968_11a16a1443_k (resized).jpg32931587968_11a16a1443_k (resized).jpg

46807440571_d3cd6ea5de_k (resized).jpg46807440571_d3cd6ea5de_k (resized).jpg
#503 5 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Is this a common wear part on this table?

Yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!etc,etc,etc,........... Why???
Because Data East used
cheap,cheap, cheap, soft,soft,soft,metal!!!!!!! Ugh! I hate them for doing it.
They really did not want their games to be around.
The old Stern parts from the 1980's are actually better. Go figure.
All Data East outhole kickers are crap!

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!etc,etc,etc,........... Why???
Because Data East used
cheap,cheap, cheap, soft,soft,soft,metal!!!!!!! Ugh! I hate them for doing it.
They really did not want their games to be around.
The old Stern parts from the 1980's are actually better. Go figure.
All Data East outhole kickers are crap!

Well that explains things! haha damn that is some soft metal! I was cleaning under the apron added some LED's and I was like What?!!? Not sure if it was original but it's got a new one on there now from Marco!

#505 5 years ago

Just got one of these yesterday. It needs a shop, the dmd had issues (replaced), and a few broken parts. I need to find the bracket for the ramp entry switch anyone seen one? Also could use a new plastic dome for my topper.

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Just got one of these yesterday. It needs a shop, the dmd had issues (replaced), and a few broken parts. I need to find the bracket for the ramp entry switch anyone seen one? Also could use a new plastic dome for my topper.

Well the topper domes are long can and can't be found. I looked high and low the last few months. Found a blue police light on eBay for $15 shipped that's 12 volts. I'm going to wire that in. I saw a LW in an arcade recently and he had the same light I just got from eBay on it. Marco does have some things for them for your other parts

#507 5 years ago

Well the topper domes are long can and can't be found. I looked high and low the last few months. Found a blue police light on eBay for $15 shipped that's 12 volts. I'm going to wire that in. I saw a LW in an arcade recently and he had the same light I just got from eBay on it. Marco does have some things for them for your other parts

They do not have the ramp entry switch bracket sadly. I will check the manual tonight and see if I can get a part number.

#508 5 years ago

Got my $15 eBay beacon installed. Works great! Really lights the room up.

39889790003_e1d1d9ef33_k (resized).jpg39889790003_e1d1d9ef33_k (resized).jpg39889790013_e54cf102ba_k (resized).jpg39889790013_e54cf102ba_k (resized).jpg
#509 5 years ago

Got my $15 eBay beacon installed. Works great! Really lights the room up.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Link?

Also people, which are the correct targets for the skill shot bank & the single target near the left outlane? I've seen 3 different ones installed in the photo gallery

#510 5 years ago

Oh nice instruction cards as well. Thanks for sharing I like em!
[quoted image]

Looks awesome did you print them on regular printer paper or card paper, would love to have this!

#511 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

which are the correct targets for the skill shot bank & the single target near the left outlane?

Transparent yellow/ square/ 3d deep cube (no sunken rivet hole).

#512 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Link?
Also people, which are the correct targets for the skill shot bank & the single target near the left outlane? I've seen 3 different ones installed in the photo gallery

This guy is probably going to think who the hell is buying up all these lights! The lamp it comes with sucks. I put the typical 89 in there and it looks awesome. Chopped the cord off and used the molex shell over with new pins so it even looks factory.

ebay.com link: Rotating Blue Emergency Car Light Magnetic Base 12v

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Looks awesome did you print them on regular printer paper or card paper, would love to have this!

Yup regular cheap printer paper decent printer laminate machine I have at work. Looks great and cost $0

1 week later
#514 5 years ago

Am I the only one that is terrible at this game. My games typically go like this, plunge ball hit skill shot ball immediately bounces off skill shot targets and goes right down the middle. Plunge second ball hit a couple shots, get a hole or two, ball goes down left outlane is saved by the kicker, ball then goes back down outlane again after kicker turns off and drains. 3rd ball, I start multi=ball, two of the balls go down the right outlane, third ball bounces off skill shot and goes down the center drain. Total game time 2 minutes.

I just don't understand how I can have a 15 -30 minute game on Addams Family but my longest game of LW3 is about 5 minutes at best. I know its a fast playing game and I am not the best pinball player in the world. Anyone else do terrible with this game?

#515 5 years ago

One thing I noticed with mine is the left out line (not the kickback) when the balls goes down there I hear the same speech as if it went down the far kickback out lane. And the kickback goes out. Anyone else run into that? I have to check the wires under there but I thought that was a strange one!

#516 5 years ago

Did LW come with a black gun or polished aluminum or was there variations of both? Google search shows a lot of black handled guns as well as polished aluminum. My polished aluminum gun is faded and I am trying to decide whether I was to paint it black, or try and shine it up some how?

#517 5 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Did LW come with a black gun or polished aluminum or was there variations of both? Google search shows a lot of black handled guns as well as polished aluminum. My polished aluminum gun is faded and I am trying to decide whether I was to paint it black, or try and shine it up some how?

Mine is black (with a black bracket in the shooter lane). The one at the local collective is aluminum with an aluminum bracket in the shooter lane. I thought it should match the lockbar/trim, but I guess not.

#518 5 years ago

They got away!

#519 5 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Am I the only one that is terrible at this game. My games typically go like this, plunge ball hit skill shot ball immediately bounces off skill shot targets and goes right down the middle. Plunge second ball hit a couple shots, get a hole or two, ball goes down left outlane is saved by the kicker, ball then goes back down outlane again after kicker turns off and drains. 3rd ball, I start multi=ball, two of the balls go down the right outlane, third ball bounces off skill shot and goes down the center drain. Total game time 2 minutes.
I just don't understand how I can have a 15 -30 minute game on Addams Family but my longest game of LW3 is about 5 minutes at best. I know its a fast playing game and I am not the best pinball player in the world. Anyone else do terrible with this game?

Im absolute garbage as this game too! My high score is 400m something but that was the first week I got it. I reset it after a good cleaning, and rarely get to 100m. Maybe it was on easy settings before, but that doesn’t make up for how quick games go by.

Love it

#520 5 years ago

Perfecting the subway loop to re-light the karate kick definitely helps with ball drain on left side. Two clockwise loops in a row without hitting any other targets in between to re-light. I actively try to attain this at times and it seems to increase odds of longer play and racks up points.

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Perfecting the subway loop to re-light the karate kick definitely helps with ball drain on left side. Two clockwise loops in a row without hitting any other targets in between to re-light. I actively try to attain this at times and it seems to increase odds of longer play and racks up points.

Thank you I was wondering what lit the karate kick. I always though it was that millions target that is closets to the karate kick. Sucks I am not very good at making a loop shot when I need to. Come to think about it, the only good shots I can make pretty easy is hole 2 and ramp lol

#522 5 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I always though it was that millions target that is closets to the karate kick.

It does. The loops light it though.

#523 5 years ago

Did some touch up to my cabinet this past weekend. The front was the worst of it with the sides being in pretty good condition only needing touched up here and there at the very bottoms and of course around the flipper buttons. The one side of the back box also needed some pretty major touch ups. The bad thing about it, was most of the scratches went through the artwork especially on the front. I got an assorted amount of paints and brushes and set to work. This is the first time, I ever did anything like this and I don't consider myself crafty at all. I was in hobby lobby more times then a man may want to admit lol. The worst part was painting around and inside the letters on the front of the cabinet, and the police badge. While I was at it, I also repainted the gun partially. Mine was chrome, but most of the chrome was wearing off or flaking off. I also didn't like the look of the raw unfinished metal that is part of the gun. I decided to paint the gun gloss black, brown for the grips and cosmic blue to match the cabinet and leave the top of the gun chrome as that part was in decent shape. I sprayed several coats on and several clear coats to try and help protect it as hands will always be grabbing it when playing. Time will see how it holds up. I am pretty pleased with how it came out, especially since i am not used to doing this kind of stuff. I don't have any before and after, only one shot of the front before I did anything to it. The front was definitely the worst. I also printed out glossy instruction cards for the apron and resprayed the coin door and legs with hammered black. Printed out new coin reject inserts. If you plan on retouching up some blue on yours, keep in mind that more then likely your cabinet is faded and when you buy the blue color Valspar 4008-10C Cosmic Blue Satin that it will be much darker. I found myself having to mix the blue with just a touch of black to muddy the color up a little where I had to repaint the side under the flipper buttons as if I put the blue on by itself it stood out too much as it was darker blue.

20190204_201425 (resized).jpg20190204_201425 (resized).jpg20190211_203439 (resized).jpg20190211_203439 (resized).jpg20190211_203448 (resized).jpg20190211_203448 (resized).jpg20190211_203457 (resized).jpg20190211_203457 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#524 5 years ago

Decided to replace my beacon light with a new one from amazon. My old one was there and worked but the lens on top was faded and had a couple cracks in it. trapper08 made me up a CNC cut plate that bolts to the original beacon holes. It makes installing the amazon beacon light much easier by giving it something to magnet onto. Huge thanks to Trevor for making the plate for me. The light and bracket look great and look factory.

I added a Pin2DMD color DMD to it and am very happy. Now all's thats left is to put full LED's in it, shop it out and replace the glass. Big difference from where the game was when I got it with partially working dmd and cabinet needing touch ups

20190219_215916 (resized).jpg20190219_215916 (resized).jpg20190219_215930 (resized).jpg20190219_215930 (resized).jpg20190219_220019 (resized).jpg20190219_220019 (resized).jpg20190219_220047 (resized).jpg20190219_220047 (resized).jpg20190219_220200 (resized).jpg20190219_220200 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#525 5 years ago

If anyone on here needs one let me know and I'll do it half the listed price
ebay.com link: Data East Lethal Weapon 3 Joes Joint pinball machine part 500 5489 00

#526 5 years ago

Hello, I created a dynamite mod for my LW3. I posted it here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lethal-weapon-dynamite-mod#post-4866562

#527 5 years ago

I am an owner.
My backbox does not light up when i turn it on but the flasher bulbs do work.
The back box should be lit up when playing correct ?

#528 5 years ago

Cool, I want to do this for mine, thanks for sharing

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

I am an owner.
My backbox does not light up when i turn it on but the flasher bulbs do work.
The back box should be lit up when playing correct ?

Yes, there is general illumination lights in there that should light up when the game is on. I would check the GI plug where it goes into the board

#530 5 years ago

I am sure we all noticed the black eyed kid on the back glass that murtaugh is choking out lol (maybe that is why his eyes are black) But I just noticed yesterday the little gremlin type car which isn't in the movie. Also look at Lorna right below the W in the word weapon on the backglass. WTF did they have a different artist design her there? She looks deformed or needs jenny craig lol.

#531 5 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Cool, I want to do this for mine, thanks for sharing

No Problem, I probably should have originally posted this here anyway.

I created this mod for my Lethal Weapon. I thought I'd share it here in case others are interested. There is a 4 digit numeric 7-segment LED module running a countdown loop that is activated by the drop down target reset. After a period of inactivity, an attract loop starts that with a message and a short countdown timer. If there is enough interest, I may make some more and offer them for sale. See pics and vids below. Thanks.

Attract mode video...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jwiZNZk7E5kS9MBpgrhGPloxIs7d4G3k

Bank reset video...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13mN3UP_PfkLskO5MEzpcgjNWvOx8PgXQ

703607c32204ae90c606b447b5081993eccbdf2d (resized).jpg703607c32204ae90c606b447b5081993eccbdf2d (resized).jpg
#532 5 years ago
Quoted from dpannell:

I created this mod for my Lethal Weapon. I thought I'd share it here in case others are interested. There is a 4 digit numeric 7-segment LED module running a countdown loop that is activated by the drop down target reset. After a period of inactivity, an attract loop starts that with a message and a short countdown timer. If there is enough interest, I may make some more and offer them for sale. See pics and vids below. Thanks.
Attract mode video...
Bank reset video...
[quoted image]

I'm in for a set.

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Yes, there is general illumination lights in there that should light up when the game is on. I would check the GI plug where it goes into the board

Could this be the culprit ? Looks burnt out.
How do i fix this ? Thanks for the imput !

20190305_233842-756x1008 (resized).jpg20190305_233842-756x1008 (resized).jpg20190305_233850-756x1008 (resized).jpg20190305_233850-756x1008 (resized).jpg20190305_234020-756x1008 (resized).jpg20190305_234020-756x1008 (resized).jpg
#534 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

Could this be the culprit ? Looks burnt out.
How do i fix this ? Thanks for the imput ![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am not familiar enough with this board to know if that is a GI connector or not. I would have to look at a manual to see if that is in fact a GI connector but yeah it looks burnt and should be replaced. You would need a new molex connector, new trifurcon pins and new header pins. Cut the wires, splice on the new. Here is a guide that shows how to replace molex connectors. Go down to 2f

http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/#connect

#535 5 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I am not familiar enough with this board to know if that is a GI connector or not. I would have to look at a manual to see if that is in fact a GI connector but yeah it looks burnt and should be replaced. You would need a new molex connector, new trifurcon pins and new header pins. Cut the wires, splice on the new. Here is a guide that shows how to replace molex connectors. Go down to 2f
http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/#connect

Thank you !!! Will try everything else on the machine works great so i suspect thats it

#536 5 years ago

Yes that is a general illumination connector. There is also one with the same wire colors on the upper right of the power supply

#537 5 years ago

This is like the machine that keeps on giving(problems).
The other day I noticed a burning smell when the game was left idle, I noticed the red bomb insert on the right was stuck on and when I touched it, it was scalding hot, obviously stuck on for a very long time, long story short I decided to do some digging tonight and fired up the machine and it kept giving me ball missing, I then noticed the outhole/ball through was stuck, I think the coil is dead as it was very hot and as soon as I plug in the machine it’s stuck again.
No biggie, I’ve tonnes of coils spare, would I be suspecting a dead transistor here, and are the 2 related? I can’t figure out what controls that insert

*I've narrowed this down to Q46 which seems to drive the Outhole and the insert that's stuck

#538 5 years ago

Also F1 is constantly blown but I don’t think it’s related, I think this is why half my backbox lighting is out

#539 5 years ago

Hi, is there anyone that can help me with a picture of these decals attached to a LW3? I’m kind of curious how it turns out with a black cabinet.

4AD9A6CE-56A7-4617-B752-FDF19C439516 (resized).jpeg4AD9A6CE-56A7-4617-B752-FDF19C439516 (resized).jpeg
#540 5 years ago

Definitely seen some on pinside but cant find them. At least not with my phone.

Heres a link tho with mods ive never seen before!

https://www.flipperfrance.com/threads/lethal-weapon-3-dernier-arriv%C3%A9.13036/

#541 5 years ago
Quoted from Mentara:

Hi, is there anyone that can help me with a picture of these decals attached to a LW3? I’m kind of curious how it turns out with a black cabinet. [quoted image]

Here you go, done with black decals

5778A734-AB12-4F7C-B687-C42FA0176446 (resized).jpeg5778A734-AB12-4F7C-B687-C42FA0176446 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#542 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me what this rollunder bracket is? The manual calls out the switch and the wire, but mine is missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gate2 (resized).PNGGate2 (resized).PNGgate1 (resized).PNGgate1 (resized).PNG
#543 4 years ago
Quoted from dpannell:

Attract mode video...
Bank reset video...
[quoted image]

I would be interested! looks great!

#544 4 years ago
Quoted from ClassicTAB:

I would be interested! looks great!

I'm about done with the latest batch of 3. I'll send you a PM shortly.

1 week later
#545 4 years ago

Hello, can someone post a pic of the siren wiring in the backbox of LW3? I’d like to see where it connects to the boards and how it connects to the siren wiring. Mine is completely missing, along with the wiring, so I’m not sure where to start?? Thank you!! Thank you!!

1 week later
#546 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hello, can someone post a pic of the siren wiring in the backbox of LW3? I’d like to see where it connects to the boards and how it connects to the siren wiring. Mine is completely missing, along with the wiring, so I’m not sure where to start?? Thank you!! Thank you!!

I can try and get one of mine, since my replacement Wolo beacon apparently is dead now. I noticed it was getting noisier and noisier.

Does anyone happen to have an extra set of the helicopter plastic on the right side of the cabinet?

#547 4 years ago

Diplomatic immunity revoked!

#548 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Here ya go, let me know if you need more. Mine was modified slightly as I have a replacement light on top but I kept the original molex connector and plug. That fues there goes to the beacon light, its a 1 amp I believe.

20190528_213703 (resized).jpg20190528_213703 (resized).jpg20190528_213707 (resized).jpg20190528_213707 (resized).jpg20190528_213710 (resized).jpg20190528_213710 (resized).jpg
#549 4 years ago

Does anyone happen to have or can get a high quality scan of the helicopter plastic on the right side of the playfield? I need the blades of the helicopter that stand up off the helicopter itself? Thanks

#550 4 years ago

Would anyone be able to send me a photo of J5 which clearly shows the colour/pin? Would be a great help, Mine was burnt and the pins attached individually when I got it and half the GI is dead

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
There are 2,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-club-join-if-you-have-one-or-haf-one/page/11?hl=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.