9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Stretch7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stretch7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I recently purchased a Playboy 35th that wasn't booting properly, i would just get the PIA & 5V Led staying on. After some inspection with voltages and the re seating roms & connecters I took the board out and noticed there was some slight acid damage... so im thinking ahhhh thats the problem so instead of doing the acid rework i took the easy street and ordered a new Rottendog board. As well i bought new roms and new 6802 chip as these do not come with it....didnt want to chance using old ones.

Rottendog board comes in and install new roms and 6802 and do the proper Jumper 4 on board for roms and i have same problem as i do with old board and roms. of course i test voltage at mpu +5 is good even threw it on bench with power supply, reseated chips as well and still the same. This leaves me to believe i have bad roms or 6802 or faulty board but i have a feeling this isn't the case as i have 2 setups doing the same thing.
Does anyone out there have some ideas that i could be missing?

#3 9 years ago

Yes i have dealt with Jim before and he is very good with Customer Service. I don't feel it is his board but i will try him anyways in case he has some insight.

#5 9 years ago

Looks like the new 6802 is faulty...i replaced with old 6808 chip from old board and boots fine 4 out of times. it is playable now but i do have another issue ...
The displays are garbled, seems to be a combo of some locked digits and wrong digits .... i checked voltages and all are good....i checked ribbon cable and display on another game and works fine. I replaced display with rottendog led display and still the same.....fingers seem to point at the mpu board but since it is new im assuming this isnt the case.(i hope) any suggestions ?

#7 9 years ago

Thank you
Im gonna take another stab tonight at troubleshooting displays and see if i can find a reason why....i noticed it is just the top alphanumeric displays acting up....lower numeric ones are fine so that might help me pinpoint it.(i hope)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stretch7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-eastrottendog-mpu-wont-boot?tu=Stretch7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.