4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Roverius
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200401_230735 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200129_181217 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

I have some issues with the DE LW3 volume control.
    I am unable to turn down sound volume down completly.

The potmeter should be 10k logarithmic and when i messure my potmeter, it messures 8.5K

I have replaced it by a linear potmeter, but i guess, this is not correct and it should be a logarithmic version, like mentioned in the manual.
    Also, it does not turn down the volume completly and when turning up, the sound is very loud only by turning it a tiny bit.

The potmeter installed is marked with R1379235 (see picture)

The partnumber is: 123-5000-00

I have found a partnumber: 123-5000-02 , but this is marked as a linear potmeter.

Sound on the Checkpoint works fine, i might take a look what potmeter is inside this machine.

Regards,
    -Roverius

IMG_20200129_181217 (resized).jpgIMG_20200129_181217 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Does someone have a detailed picture of a Data East sound potentiometer in working condition perhaps?

1 month later
    #3 3 years ago

I'm having a similar problem with a POTO that I'm working on, so I went into the box on my BTTF and found what I believe is the proper part 123-5000-00

20200401_230735 (resized).jpg20200401_230735 (resized).jpg

I'm guessing that the 123-5000-02 that you can get is the single version

#4 3 years ago

You can go into audits and adjustments and reduce the volume as well, adj 43 for background music.

#5 3 years ago

@ dgpinball I have replaced the mono potmeter with a stereo logaritmic potmeter and added the missing wires also.
    @ gdonovan , i have reduced in audit the sound.
    Still, the problem stays somehow the same. I am unable to turn down volume completly.
    I have no idea if this is meant to be, but, if i compare to the Checkpoint machine, that one can be turned down completly.
    All is connected according specs in the schematics.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-volume-control-potmeter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.