(Topic ID: 236119)

data east very wierd cpu problem?? ( batman)

By pinnut

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

data east batman- was working well, then just spit the bit. board is very clean, no bat damage. game boots up , all is well. when you start a game it tries to spit all three balls into the shooter lane. the last ball never makes it out due to the other two balls being in the lane, but it keeps trying. . shooter lane switch tests good in switch test. while that is happening the outhole kicker fires constantly. outhole switch also test good in test mode. trough switches also test good in test mode. remove all 3 balls from the shooter lane, and the outhole continues to go berserk. a bit later it goes into ball search mode, and you hear a normal ball search, while the outhole is going nuts. ocaasionally the knocker fires too. if i pull the two switch matrix connector off the board, it still goes nuts. rows and columns look good with a logic probe and scope, with or without the connectors on the board. its like it gets stuck in a loop it cant get out of. any idea what on the board could cause this? i have a later board to try but it doesnt have the second rom socket. i have a gq-4 burner, but have never used the command line to combine roms, so i could use help there. id prefer to get the orig board working, and not lose the 512k board.

thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Apex, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-very-wierd-cpu-problem-batman-?tu=pinnut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.