(Topic ID: 169540)

Data east trough problem

By CadillacMusic

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Got a wwf that a customer bought from a methhead. It played ok for one game, and then the balls kept getting messed up, with it vending two, or not registering end of ball. For whatever reason, the balls are getting stuck on the switches. Specifically the little roller end of the trough switches. I have adjusted them infinite times, taken a dremel and polished out a groove, and tried adding washers to increase the slope. At best, it's acting like a Newton's cradle: the ball enters the trough on the left, and strikes the fifth ball. Instead of pushing it down, the energy transfers through all four balls and makes the one on the end pop forward. All the balls stay where they are, the sixth ball doesn't trigger the switch. Anyone ever seen this before? What was your solution?

#3 7 years ago

I already replaced the first one, to no avail.

#4 7 years ago

Although I could replace it again, we have plenty of them. Tell me more about the shim?

#8 7 years ago

Sadly, we did Raise and Lower the legs, to no real improvement. We even tried putting the front left leg about 5 inches off the ground. I know more than one switch is sticking, but I have yet to replace all the others, so we'll see how that goes once everything is replaced.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 26.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-trough-problem?tu=CadillacMusic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.