Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Rhlufa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Call me slow but after owning Tommy for four weeks finally noticed all my flashers are out. (Playfield and BB) I been on forums the past two days and I have checked the obvious. I.E. Fuses (yes with a multi meter) chased the orange common wire to all flashers along with each flasher unit dedicated wires. Connectors (all) J6 CN9 all look good and have been reseated several times. I have seen that I should check the 20v. Pin on the cpu to ensure I have 20v. Problem there is that the board had been replaced with a Rottendog board with no such pin to ck. power. I have yet to check each socket individually but have the feeling if all are out the problem is most likely not the sockets. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks, Ray

#2 8 years ago

Is the PPB board replaced or the Power board? The PPB board is in the lower left corner and F6 fuse handles the flashers.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2579/Data_East_1994_The_Who_s_Tommy_Pinball_Wizard_Manual.pdf

Maybe look for a burned up connector too on the PPB, since these are very common. Are the playfield AND backbox flashers out?

#3 8 years ago

The CPU and Power supply are replaced with newer Rottendog boards. Yes, both BB and PF flashers are out. All connectors have been checked and reseated but flashers still out. I've been fortunate in the past as reseating resolved most of my issues on other pins. The PPB is the original. All fuses good and checked via a mm.
Thanks

#4 8 years ago

How are the fuse holders? Many Data East games need them to be replaced. Are they all still holding strong? You can test them by pressing in on the fuses. If the fuse holder is bad it will just spread open easily.

#5 8 years ago

Yes they are still strong.
Thanks

#6 8 years ago

Bump...help. At this point I'm leaning towards getting a new RD board assuming solder joints. Then send this board in for repair.
Any thoughts?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-tommy-flashers-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.