View topic image gallery

remote_battery_1993_dataeast1.jpg
DE_CPU_Remote_Battery_Holder.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Got remote battery holder from Macro Specialties....however now it won't save my high scores and settings. Do I have to have the dummy batteries inserted in some special way?

#2 10 years ago

Can you post a picture of how you installed it?

#3 10 years ago

Yep.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Also I know I need batteries in the holder I had just tried a different position and caused the batteries to get really hot within 2 minutes so I figured that was wrong and took them out and put it back to how I had it previosly

#5 10 years ago

Noticed symbols on board switched black to negative battery position and flipped it around and still not working.

#6 10 years ago

Well, originally you connected both wires to power so that is why your batteries got hot.
Try moving the one with the black wire to the middle, leaving the red wire on top.
If that does not work, then move the red wire to the bottom, always leaving the black in the middle.

#7 10 years ago

pos (red) should be bottom right and neg(black) solder it to the neg test point on the cpu, Top right of batt holder. How many batterys are in the remote holder there should be 3 in the holder. Why are you using a remote holder in the first place? If your holder is as good as it looks no need for a remote holder. Waste of time and money if it is not needed, Batts take years and years to leak. The leakage you see on some machines are 10-15 years with same batteries in them. Look around next time, there are alot cheaper battery holders out there 17.00 plus shipping is outrageous for a batt. holder.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

pos (red) should be bottom right and neg(black) solder it to the neg test point on the cpu, Top right of batt holder. How many batterys are in the remote holder there should be 3 in the holder. Why are you using a remote holder in the first place? If your holder is as good as it looks no need for a remote holder. Waste of time and money if it is not needed, Batts take years and years to leak. The leakage you see on some machines are 10-15 years with same batteries in them. Look around next time, there are alot cheaper battery holders out there 17.00 plus shipping is outrageous for a batt. holder.

Horrible, horrible, disgustingly awful advice. Don't solder anything, these are no-solder remote replacements. Batteries don't take years to leak, hell some batteries are leaking in their packages in the friggin' store before even being bought.

Get the batteries off of ALL boards, there's no reason to risk the damage.

OP-You bought a Bally/Williams holder and are trying to force it into a DE holder. Notice the need to actually break the dummy battery unit? Why would you think that would be normal?

Both white dowels go in the same direction, to the right as your picture, but the positive goes on the bottom, and the negative goes in the middle. You're lucky you didn't start the game on fire.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#9 10 years ago

Pretty stupid to say it horrible advice Borygard this is Straight from marvin repair manuals data east, so must not be that bad of advice hey. These batt holders are way to much money and you can solder these did many of them data east and system 11 bally Williams so on, Just add a connector so it can be removed if repairs are done to the main pcb.. Soldering is a much better way then the cheaper wood rods. The ground can be solder to any of those grounds you have but the test ground is easier to get to with the original holder on there and the positive bottom right and the groung in the middle or to your test spot. Just trying to pass on advice and yes it from marvin3m pinball manuals>. This is an attachment of another one out there this is from pinwiki so they all do them the same, If you can solder this is the best way for a good connection to the batts., borygard must be the only one with such great advice NOT. DE_CPU_Remote_Battery_Holder.jpgDE_CPU_Remote_Battery_Holder.jpg

#10 10 years ago

> so must not be that bad of advice hey.

Those repair guides were for people who wanted to learn to repair to games and were skilled..
Knowing how to read schematics, solder, use a dmm, ..

The op probably doesn't know any of these (or he wouldn't have asked the question in the first place) and bought no-solder battery packs.. so he just needs to know how to install them.

#11 10 years ago

Then he should just put batteries back in the original holder then. Man I was just trying to help I will stay clear then. Who cares how you put the batt holder in then. There is that better?

#12 10 years ago

Well thanks for all the help kind of sort of I think I'll give it a shot after practice this morning thanks.

#13 10 years ago

It's now working also ELE....everybody love everybody! Thanks.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

borygard must be the only one with such great advice NOT.

#15 10 years ago

Here is a picture to make it easy for you
Just separate your dummy batteries and install here

remote_battery_1993_dataeast1.jpgremote_battery_1993_dataeast1.jpg

EDIT you got it going, I should read all the posts

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
$ 5.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 29.99
$ 27.95
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-tmnt-remote-battery-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.