“Data East TFTC vs LAH”

• Last Action Hero 9 votes
    28%
  • Tales from the Crypt 20 votes
    63%
  • Ew, Data East games 3 votes
    9%

(32 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KnockerPTSD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I'm looking to possibly add a Data East to my collection this winter. I really like Last Action Hero. It's fun and I like the movie more than most so the call outs and modes are great.
I also grew up watching Tales from the Crypt and have been interested in that machine. The difference is that I've played LAH a lot but I've never seen a TFTC in person (there arent even very good videos on YouTube)
I'd appreciate some feed back from fans/owners of the games. Maybe someone can make a hi res video or maybe someone in the GTA with a TFTC wouldnt mind playing a few games with me. I will include a poll. Both games seem to go for about the same amount in my area (3.5-4k cdn)

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

LAH is classic 10lbs shit in a 5 lbs bag.
TFTC at least has a good theme, funny, and some horror elements in it (not to mentin the best jackpot animation).
People can find the Crypt Keeper super annoying though, so keep that in mind. Design is a tad flawed with the crypt shot.

Theme is subjective though. I liked Tales from the Crypt and I'm actually rewatching it now for the first time in 20+ years but I still watch Last Action Hero at least once a year.
Part of the enjoyment I get from the pin is my love of the movie. Same feeling inside when I play an Addams Family. How does TFTC shoot compared to LAH? I've played LAH and JP a lot but very little time on any other DE games (mostly because they weren't fun or they butchered themes I love).

#9 4 years ago

I just went to check out the DE line up. Jeez, I forgot just how many themes they have that I love that you couldnt pay me to put in my house.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For all the Data East themes they are remaking today, there are still new games with older, more antiquated themes for you to dress up your house with.

New games cost more and I dont mean I dont want those DE games because they are ugly. I dont want them because they suck. I dont think someone looking for a DE game is looking to dress anything up.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For all the Data East themes they are remaking today, there are still new games with older, more antiquated themes for you to dress up your house with.

Quoted from o-din:

Fortunately for me, pretty much all new games fit both criteria as well.

Your comments are very hard to follow. I'm not sure what you are trying to say in either post. It sounds like you just like shiney new games. Other than JP, what other DE games have been "remade"

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm not sure how you got that, it's quite the opposite.

So far Star Wars, Star Trek, Simpsons, WWF, and Batman in one form or another. And if some around here had their way, there would be another GNR, BTTF, and TMNT as well.
Notice the trend?

Seems like a good trend. All of those games (maybe not wwf) got far superior Stern versions. I'm one of those people who would be more than a little excited by a new BTTF pin. Even Turtles has me interested.
Anyway, just looking for feedback between the 2 DE titles. It seems like the consensus so far is TFTC. I'll have to find one to try myself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 64.00
$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KnockerPTSD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-tftc-vs-lah?tu=KnockerPTSD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.