You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF179B17-682F-4AD8-AC62-DB9A854C2846 (resized).png

#1 71 days ago

Hi, folks,
I’m working on a friend’s DESW and have done the following:
-replaced power supply board with a new Pin-Tek board.
-replaced the trough eject coil with a brand new one, because I thought it was bad.
-replaced all fuses on flipper board and PPB board

The combination of these things have brought the machine back to life. However, the coil for the trough eject has burned out again. Friend said there was a little smoke and now it won’t kick a ball out to the shooter lane.

My first thought is a bad transistor on the PPB. I may be totally off, and would like your thoughts, please and thank you. I searched for this topic and couldn’t find anything, so feel free to direct me to a previous topic if it’s been visited before.

Thanks!

#2 71 days ago
Quoted from mcjeremy42:

My first thought is a bad transistor on the PPB. I may be totally off, and would like your thoughts, please and thank you.

That's my first thought as well. A bad driver transistor will fry a coil very quickly.

#3 70 days ago

Q45 on cpu, it does go through the PPB but it’s not driven by a TIP36. Check the cpu q45 and if ok the diode on coil.

FF179B17-682F-4AD8-AC62-DB9A854C2846 (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marion, NC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!