Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Rascal_H
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Star_Wars_.jpg
    SW_and_Fire.jpg
    Star_Wars_and_007.jpg

#1 12 years ago

Found a Data East Star Wars for sale locally, but I feel the price is a bit high.
    Going ask questions about condition & see if it has the Vader topper.

Here's the link:
    dallas.craigslist.org link

What do you all think is a fair price to offer?
    I don't want to lowball the seller & be insulting.
    On the other hand, I'm not going to overpay & I don't mind waiting for a better price to come along on one either.

Thanks!

#2 12 years ago

Wow, the listing price on that ($3795) is really high.

I think under $1400 is fair.

#3 12 years ago

Offer him $1 and then you can meet in the middle because he's asking 2x what boston pinball says it's worth.

#4 12 years ago

Wow. It does look like it is in great shape, but I think anything up to $1,600 is pretty good.

#5 12 years ago

I went to look at a pin in appleton wi about two months ago and he had two DE SW in his basement. He claimed he paid $2500 for one and $2000 for the other. The $2000 one needed the cabinet restored, the other was mint. I think an initial offer under $2000 will be ignored by the seller and I'm guessing you won't be able to get that machine for less than $3000. I personally wouldn't even bother inquiring about it.

#6 12 years ago

I gave $ 1300.00 for mine.. Drove 500 mile's round -Trip to get SW , Champ Fire and 007 ..

Star_Wars_and_007.jpgStar_Wars_and_007.jpg SW_and_Fire.jpgSW_and_Fire.jpg Star_Wars_.jpgStar_Wars_.jpg

#7 12 years ago

Thanks a lot guys for the replies.
    I was thinking $1400-1800 depending on condition was more the price range, but wanted to make sure I wasn't out in left field.

I'll let him keep it then & wait for another to come along.

#8 12 years ago

Thats a nice looking pin BR..love those pop bumpers ( I'm becoming a pop bumper whore). Is it a fun machine to play gameplay wise? I have never been much of a star wars fan but the art and toys look very cool.

#9 12 years ago

that game is fun but easy.

#10 12 years ago

I feel insignificant every time B_R posts pics of his game room.

SW is not my absolute fave but is good fun... love the theme of course.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

that game is fun but easy.

+1, one of the few pins in the wild I can get my initials on.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from darthripley:

What do you all think is a fair price to offer?

Mr Pinball Price guide is $1800 (not that it's the exact price). I've seen them go in the $1600-2000 range. One just sold on ebay for $3800.
    ebay.com link: STAR WARS PINBALL MACHINE 1992 DATA EAST
    It's over priced IMHO. You can see if he will come down on the price but likely he will ignore you if he thinks it is worth that much. My friend actually just picked one up locally for $500. It was a lucky find. If I would have saw it I would have nabbed it too.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Thats a nice looking pin BR..love those pop bumpers ( I'm becoming a pop bumper whore). Is it a fun machine to play gameplay wise?

I liked it for about a Week .. But , it's a Good play-n Pin.. If yr into Star Wars, get it !!

Quoted from Rascal_H:

I feel insignificant every time B_R posts pics of his game room.

Why do you say that Rascal ?

#14 12 years ago

Here's the link:
    dallas.craigslist.org link

I just got off the phone with a lady.. Her husband picked this pin up last Sunday , she said that they've had it for a week.. And her bottom $ is what is listed ... Bla ,Bla,,,, anyway...

Edit: It has NO Topper either ......

Post edited by BLACK_ROSE : misspelled a werd

#15 12 years ago

and now the ad is deleted...

#16 12 years ago

I paid 2200.00 for my STAR WARS. It was not in the best condition.If I could do It allover again I would pay more for a "MINT" STAR WARS. I really like the game play and the sound track. The Back-Glass Art is Fantastic The voice of the actors is really awesome too.The one thing that you need to do is add a sub-woofer.Converting THe G.I. lighting was a real pain in the A** .You have to take all ramps & plastics off to get to GI lights.But I learned a thing or two and it really looks cool. Cool White 3 LED.from pinball life.I used Cointaker Warm white RETRO's at first.But the COOL WHite looks better.I hope you get to pick a STAR WARS Date East.It is Fun.Peace !!

#17 12 years ago

Thanks again guys, really appreciate it.
    TomGWI, your friend was very lucky! $500 is a great price!

It is an easy game compared to other pins, but it is so much fun & I love the sound clips + the DMD display animations are great.
    Of course I'm a hardcore SW nerd but the Data East is really the best SW pin & I've played the Sega Special Edition & the Ep1 Williams also.
    I just never get tired of the SW Data East & I've played it since about '96 in various locations over the years.
    I'll find "the" one for me soon enough, till then may make a trek down to Austin to play it along with the most excellent Williams IJ.

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from darthripley:

TomGWI, your friend was very lucky! $500 is a great price!

He sure is. I never run into deals like that.

#19 12 years ago

I saw a SW on CL for 'make an offer / I need to sell it fast'. The guy snapped at me angrily for calling him at work even though he's the one that listed the number and he specifically said not to email. He basically hung up on me. Jerk.

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Why do you say that Rascal ?

Cause your collection is sweet!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.