Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
DSCN3258 (resized).JPG
DSCN3262 (resized).JPG
DSCN3259 (resized).JPG
DSCN3257 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pahuffman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

My DESW stopped on me suddenly last week with no power. I looked in the power box and resoldered a broken ground wire and replaced the power switch and still nothing. 8A fuse checks out with a meter. I'm also getting nothing from the service outlet either. Help!

#4 5 years ago

Found it! One of the positives leads had a poor solder joint. Thanks, guys!

#5 5 years ago

Ok I lied. It showed power for a brief moment then went back out again. I followed the wires all the way up the the connector at the transformer. Is it possible the transformer is bad? I understand that's pretty rare.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from t2:

How about the thermistor?

How would I check that? The connection reaches all the way through to the connector. Would I test that differently?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

OK - I'm a bit confused. Did you use a meter to check continuity of the power cord, or just do a visual inspection? AC power does not have a "positive".

Sorry - I'm still pretty new to electronics. I tested all 3 leads from the end of the power cord that plugs into the wall, through the power box, and all checked out for continuity through to the connector at the transformer.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

OK - you have verified the power cord is good, so unless there's something really screwed up with the wiring, you should be able to plug in the machine, (Verify there's power at the outlet first), remove F8, then plug something into the service outlet and verify you have power there. If you don't have power, then there's something wrong with the wiring.

Thank you. I will try this when I get home this evening.

#13 5 years ago

Ok so I was able to get power from the service outlet but still nothing for the game when I flip the power switch.

#16 5 years ago

Obviously my soldering sucks. I was able to get life out of the machine last night and then shocked myself trying to turn it back off. Can I use insulated quick connect pins to attach the wires to the switch terminals?

#20 5 years ago

Guys, I was able to get it to work finally. The terminals on the switch I got had screws, so I used these

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

on the ends of the wires and firmly screwed them into place. I also wrapped them with heat-shrink tubing to prevent shorts.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Good deal - so you're working now. I was concerned about how you got shocked. I couldn't see how it was possible unless something was really screwed up or you touched where nobody normally touches.

When I had everything open, I left the switch ungrounded and accidentally touched both leads with my finger while trying to turn the game back off. Sent a good one up my arm!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pahuffman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-no-power?tu=pahuffman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.