• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Haggy38
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

GI:

Non of the GI worked. So I checked the power going into the power supply (CN9) and I got about 6.5VAC. Checked the power coming out (CN8) and I got nothing. So I replaced the power supply with a good working spare. I only plug in CN9 to see if I get any voltage coming out of CN8. Yup! I have 6.5VAC. I plug everything else in, turn on the game, and again no GI. I check CN8 again and I'm back to no volts. So I figured something I plugged in messed things up. I unplug CN7 and my GI is working (most of it). So I went to the Q28 on the CPU board to make sure it was good since it controls the GI relay on the power supply. All was good at the CPU. I also opened up the power supply relay and all the contacts or gapped and cleaned properly. Also, all burnt male and female connectors have been replaced. I'm not sure what to look for or test next.

Center Target Motor:
The old center target motor was bad. So I replaced it and it now works but it doesn't ever stop spinning. It's registering the up and down switches properly. Not sure what's going on here either.

1 week later
#2 5 years ago

Still looking for some help.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#4 5 years ago

Hoping someone out there might be able to help me figure out what's going on.

#5 5 years ago

Can you play a game?.
I had the same problem target going up and down and cant play a game.
Bad pia under the game prom.

#6 5 years ago

Have you checked under playfield motor relay?? Cold joint? Molex bad connection?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-gi-and-target-motor-problems?hl=haggy38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.