(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,740 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by jgadzia
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c7f69cb7e727466a9dbf81e20a2982efb50f5e3d (1) (resized).jpg
20240403_121151 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240403_133710_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240403_121203 (resized).jpg
20240403_121219 (resized).jpg
20240403_121236 (resized).jpg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpg
IMG_8263 (resized).jpg
20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider popwhiskey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2864 5 years ago

Oh man, I'm finally in the Star Wars pinball club I just picked it up about a week ago and my family loves it! I'm not a huge pin collector...yet, so far this is only our second pinball machine (the other is Flash Gordon, very different, but love that one too). I've been reading a lot of the forums just to try to catch up on things, mods etc and I have to say that you all are great. I feel like I just want to jump in and start upgrading a few things right away.

Anyway, I'll summarize my machine and have a couple of questions as well.
- it's running 1.06 (just ordered chads 1.07) and just learning about ROMs and things
- it has the LED package throughout
- it plays great, but has a strange humming coming from the left speaker (quite loud sometimes)
- the backglass has no trim or lift and I can't seem to locate anything online, also not sure if the backglass is real or a translite. I don't know the difference and it's just so different from the mirrored style of Flash Gordon that I can't compare them
- the divider between the backglass and the PC modules has no latch, so it just kind of floats/swings freely there in the backbox. I assume there should be some kind of latch on the right to keep it from swinging on it's own? I haven't found anything for that online either.
- I have the Darth topper with it, but am not a huge fan for some reason. No offense to those who are, but I picked up a Darth Vader mask to replace it. I just need to figure out how to attach it up there.
- it also has a broken plastic over the launch assembly (can't find that anywhere either). Also the light under it has been pop riveted to the plastic (I think that's what broke it) and also has a red sleeve over the light itself. Is that normal?
- Pinsound+ board - while it doesn't have this, I find myself looking at this almost on a daily basis. With stock speakers is it worth it and is it easy to install? Maybe that would get rid of the humming?

Thank you to any help at all with these questions and I'll keep reading and watching YouTube videos. I'm soooo happy to be in this club!

#2865 5 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

https://www.pinballlife.com/playfield-glass-rear-plastic-channel.html
I believe this is what you're looking for. I'd measure first, but I'm pretty sure that's the correct size.

Is that the trim for the backglass?

#2867 5 years ago

Thank you. I've looked there and quite a few other places, but none of them say that they work for data east, so I'm not sure what's what to be honest. 1/8 depth, 3/16, 15" trim, 18, 20, 26 etc (pinballlife is pretty vague and macro is out of most everything)

Added over 5 years ago:

I looked again at the link that you sent and actually took the time to plug in the sku this time. Thanks a ton, I think these just might work (I ordered the lift, top and sides already). Appreciate it very much... that'll teach me to be so hasty

#2872 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Here’s a couple pictures of my latch on the light panel that lights the translite. I’m not sure what that panel is called. I think you don’t want that to move or it will flop forward and ding your translite. Most damage I see on translites is from that contact.
Also, a pic of the plastic frame around my translite. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! And yes, I definitely want to fix the swinging from that panel. Interesting latch system in that photo, I'll look for something like that from marco and the others. I ordered the trim as well, great visual, thank you again

#2873 5 years ago

Just wanted to update. I purchased that trim and it's a bit too narrow in depth to hold the glass, but it'll work for now for sure. It turns out that I have glass and a translite behind it (so, I'm now researching for a new beautiful translite).

Regarding my humming noise though, I took the speaker box out and it seems like almost everything is missing nuts/screws etc, so no wonder it's humming like crazy. I also have a wire just hanging there and not attached to anything. Adding photos.
20190216_150217 (resized).jpg20190216_150217 (resized).jpg20190216_150249 (resized).jpg20190216_150249 (resized).jpg

#2875 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Missing your dmd shield... That is where the ground straps, left and right, are to be secured too.

DMD shield? Okay, I'll look that up. Sounds like that's why I have a loose wire, among other things. Thank you

#2877 5 years ago

Yes, people sure do some strange things. It's especially hard for someone like me who has no idea it's even missing

#2878 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Missing your dmd shield... That is where the ground straps, left and right, are to be secured too.

Is this the piece that I need?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5884-00

and you said that there are 2 ground wires (left and right), I think I only have just the one hanging there

#2881 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

IPDB has a picture of Rocky and Bullwinkle back box that shows the DMD shield.

Wow, that looks so different that it's almost hard to compare! So, it's a metal rectangle piece that goes all the way across from speaker to speaker, between the boards?

#2883 5 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Just happened to have I dug out today for my star wars project. Took some pics with measurements, thought they could help to make one. Can probably get some things metal at home Depot and just make it yourself
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I've only just started looking, but kind of seems like I'll have to make one... I haven't found anything yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider popwhiskey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome?tu=popwhiskey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.