(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,719 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by ramegoom
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg
20240225_130341 (resized).jpg
20240216_143848 (resized).jpg
R2D2-PLASTIC-FOR-STAR-WARS-DATA-EAST-800x900 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240213_095530 (resized).jpg
IMG_0007 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0005 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4052 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nomanimdave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3603 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Looking for a display for my Star Wars, anyone have an old one laying around after replacing it with a colored one? PM me..

I just changed out my old Cherry DMD board for a color one. I was planning on putting it on eBay. What do you think would be a fair price?

4 weeks later
#3626 3 years ago

Finally got my DESW back up and running after having all of the boards checked for some bizarre issues I was having. Ended up installing a new x-pin power supply board. Finally upgraded the game to Chad’s 1.07. Amazing. Here’s my high score after 4 days with the new ROM.

20CFC3B3-A1F2-438E-BD05-BF1D6240DF73 (resized).jpeg20CFC3B3-A1F2-438E-BD05-BF1D6240DF73 (resized).jpeg
#3627 3 years ago

I am planning on listing the following items on eBay later this week:
(1) DE power supply board (recently inspected by Clive at Coin-Op Cauldron in Easley, SC); (2) Darth Vader plastic topper (great condition, no cracks); and (3) Original Cherry DMD, with heat shield (I just upgraded to ColorDMD). I also have a Pinsound Board on order (32 days, stuck in customs in Chicago). When that arrives I will be selling my old sound card and speakers.

#3628 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Just recently in attract mode, my machine will suddenly say “May the force be with you.” Sometimes it will repeat it immediately. I’ve owned this machine 20+ years and it has never done that before. Played a game recently and during the game got a random”May the force be with you,” and all of the game music sounds stopped (other game sounds still played). After the ball drains, the music comes on again. Any ideas what might be going on?
Posting this in the main DE group too.

I had the same problem, which progressively got worse, finally to the point that the only sound the machine would make was the stuttering “May the force . . . .” Eventually, the game would just shut down randomly during the middle of a ball. Seemed like the sound was resetting whenever the left flipper button was pressed. I had all of the electronic boards taken off and inspected. DMD would not work at all when they were re-installed. Swapped out a new X-pin power supply board and everything works like a champ again. I was able to isolate the problem to the smaller cable connecting power supply to the video driver board.

2 weeks later
#3636 3 years ago

Just listed on eBay: DE power supply board, DE Star Wars sound board, original speakers and sub-woofer, Cherry DMD, and Plastic Darth Vader topper. Boards all recently inspected and serviced by Coin-op Cauldron in Easley, SC. Low starting prices, no reserves.

1 year later
#4234 1 year ago

Flipper help needed. My left flipper has stopped working. I’ve replaced the coil and the switch, to no avail. This has exhausted my skills, which are literally trial and error. Any suggestions for further diagnosing and fixing the problem? I have a multi-meter, but don’t know all of the technical things to look for. Thanks, Dave

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nomanimdave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome?tu=nomanimdave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.