(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,744 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c7f69cb7e727466a9dbf81e20a2982efb50f5e3d (1) (resized).jpg
20240403_121151 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240403_133710_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240403_121203 (resized).jpg
20240403_121219 (resized).jpg
20240403_121236 (resized).jpg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpg
IMG_8263 (resized).jpg
20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

442 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mustangpaul. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I own one and thought I'd start the club to start a data base from which owners and fans could talk about the game, find parts, modding, sell one or find one or help in troubleshooting. There were 10,400 made 21 years ago so I would imagine there has to be a ton still out there. With 2 interactive toys, good flow and rules, call outs, music and sound effects it's a very enjoyable game to play. Everyone knows the theme and my guests are drawn to it and really have a lot of fun making R2D2 jump up and down and chatter. CPR may see this club and say "we'll make plastics for this game", how many would LOVE that.

Thanks and I have to say it "May the Force Be with You".

#3 10 years ago

I have the new code in mine but I don't know what the old one was like. Let us know how the side mirrors fit, should look GREAT! My R2 head was looking it's age so I had it rechromed, $50 but it looks like new now. Sure wish I could get the yellow off his arms though, old plastic. Cool...what did you talk about?

#6 10 years ago

Question...are the pop caps supposed to have spacers holding them up from the body? The caps really light up nice with Comet red "Fan" shape bulbs.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Where's the easiest place to get Cabinet decals and what kind of cost? I'm looking at one but the cabinet is horrendous.

No one makes a cab decal as far as I know, I believe the original cab artwork was silk screened on.

#19 10 years ago

Thanks for posting guys, some really cool ideas for modding. Can anyone answer my question?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

So how does one repair a rough cabinet paint job?

No clue. Sorry

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Earlier in the summer the local arcade had a tournament and the final was a 3 player game on Star Wars running the 20th anniversary code. What's interesting though is just about everyone was still spamming the ramp thinking they could get cheap points. Guess they didn't notice "3 more for 1 million."
» YouTube video

To funny. So did you win then?

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

It looks like my cabinet was completely repainted by hand.

How did it turn out? Got any close up pictures?

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Jlanderson85:

I was fortunate to pick up a very nice DESW a little while back. Only prob I had was a few little marks on the cabinet. I touched it up with some cabinet specific paint I bought from pinball universe. I'll post some before and after pics and attach a link at the bottom if anyone is interested. Went ahead and tore down the entire playfield, added LED's and cleaned her up very nicely. Awesome pin especially with the new 20th anniversary ROM's installed.
http://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballPaints.htm

You were very lucky to get a nice cab. Looks great. I have got to order some of that blue paint but I just wonder how faded mine is.

DESW1.jpg 44 KB

DESW3.jpg 53 KB

DESW4.jpg 39 KB

DESW5.jpg 54 KB

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

This was my first pin ever. It was also the first pin I converted to LEDs with the Cointaker kit. It looked great! I traded it with cash for a sweet LOTR, but I still miss it.

Bummer, but you got a nice one in trade.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Zolzar:

My second pin. I installed LED's through the entire machine and installed mirror blades. I also took the time to polish the playfield with the Treasure Cove kit. Still surprised I got the playfield back together with no extra parts! I also added under cab LED color changing lighting. Lastly I upgraded the rules. Actually I purchased the update before owned the pin! Lol...I was set on getting a DESW!

With having to lift the entire pf up then back to raise it up how are the blades holding up?

#36 10 years ago

I was fortunate to pick up a very nice DESW a little while back. Only prob I had was a few little marks on the cabinet. I touched it up with some cabinet specific paint I bought from pinball universe. I'll post some before and after pics and attach a link at the bottom if anyone is interested. Went ahead and tore down the entire playfield, added LED's and cleaned her up very nicely. Awesome pin especially with the new 20th anniversary ROM's installed.
http://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballPaints.htm

DESW1.jpg 44 KB

DESW3.jpg 53 KB

DESW4.jpg 39 KB

DESW5.jpg 54 KB

Got any more close up pf pictures. They will help me put mine back together.

#37 10 years ago

The tab that holds the front right side of the entrance of my metal ramp was broken and a little farther back the side of the ramp was cracking so a friend TIG welded them for me. Just a little bit of weld scorch marks on it now but it's really strong now. Any one else have that break?

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballYeti:

OP, thanks for starting this thread. DESW is #1 on my wishlist so hopefully someday I will join the club...

Your very welcome, hope you find one. Even though 10,400 were made they don't come up for sale very often. may be someone here wants to sell?

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

I'll be joining the club soon. It's about an 8 hour trip each way to pick it up so I'm hoping if the stars align I'll be looking at getting mine this weekend. Can't wait. Gonna be hard to "Stay on Target" at work this week.

Nice score, keep us posted about the trip and the game condition.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Zolzar:

The blades are very tight but there is just enough clearance to prevent any scratches. I have lifted the playfield about four time since installing them and so far so good.

Really I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

#50 10 years ago

I think there would be a problem with putting decals on it. To silk screen they used a special surface wood that was perfectly smooth so I'm thinking if you sanded that surface to get the ink and any planking (which mine has plenty of) off you would loose that surface. I read a thread a while back that described the surface but it was a while ago. I'm just guessing here, I've never done a cab before.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Well I'm officially in the club! I drop 19 hours in one day to pick up a star wars and have it in my basement by days end. Mission accomplished. Woke up this morning and already started fixing it up. It's very dirty but I've got the pop bumpers working the way they should be and have installed cliffys in both the force and sarlaac holes. Need to do a heavy clean and wax and replace some plastics. R2 needs some love too but I've already put up 198,000,000 with the new code. Is that a good score? Not sure what's considered good with the new code.

Hey nice to see you here, that is quite the road trip, glad you and the new pin made it back in one piece. Good to see your fixing it up, it's up to us to keep them alive. I had R2's head rechromed, a little pricey but it looks like new now. Yup that's a very respectable score. Hope you can find the plastics you need, most you can't find. Got any pictures?

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

What's the verdict on rubber for this game? I need to re-rubber this new addition. Black or White kit? Go...

Mine is done in black which I like. To me it looks like there are no bands there to detract from the pf art. I vote black.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Another crazy idea just popped in to my head... what do you think of the idea of doing one side white, one side black. Dark/Light side idea...
Thoughts?

I vote no.

#61 10 years ago

Sounds like your getting it into shape. White pop caps? Don't you mean clear? The red caps with the circular facets and tall side skirts like the originals? Can't remember the holes, mine has been apart so long.

#67 10 years ago

This game really looks good with leds. I did mine top to bottom with Pinballbulbs, I really like them. 30 will take you no time at all. GREAT score, Merry Christmas.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

I thought I'd offer an interesting bit of trivia for those who may not know :
Every Star Wars film starts ( after the scrolling text ) with a spacecraft of some type flying overhead .
I think it's very fitting that the DE Star Wars pinball starts the same way when you hit the start button .

Cool

#74 10 years ago

One of the small joys of owning these older games....finding parts. No idea where to find it, sorry.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Wanna unsolder yours and give it to me?? LOL

You couldn't afford it.

#78 10 years ago

Just finished putting my game back together, had to tig weld the front right tab on the metal ramp and 2 wires on the right wire ramp. Also added were new double clear outlane guides, rechromed R2s head, cleaned and waxed all plastics and pf, led'd top and bottom of pf and bb, new chrome legs and feet, new balls, new rubbers rings, new translight, frame & glass, new pf glass, new bb speaker and lastly took out the shot cab speaker and put a 200 watt 8in. sub under the game.

Here's a picture of it next to Star Trek and Space Shuttle....I call it the 3 S's.

The first game after this 3 month job was 224 million.

SW-ST-SS.JPGSW-ST-SS.JPG

I will be putting on 3-4 of Pinballbulbs double spot lights with purple bulbs, it needs more light to be played in a dark room.

#80 10 years ago

Oh that's a tough one, wish I could help.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

I just went through this nice SW club thread and I picked up a few things. Thanks guys! I hope I can contribute down the road.
The Data East Star Wars was our first pinball machine and because my entire family loved it so much, we now have 8 other pins, but everyone still loves SW. My son told me the other day to never sell the SW machine. I haven't put any mods or LEDs in it yet, other than Chad's 20th Ann ROM, but will be sprucing it up shortly.

Welcome. LED's really make the game more colorful.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

The center "eye" target in my LOTR gets abused and chipped/cracked a couple of times already. Ever since I added a target decal that I made with 3M rubberized double-sided tape, it's been intact despite getting the same amount of abuse. It's pretty thick and probably what's contributing to some protection of the target.
I wonder if the thick decal would provide the same protection for the death star target. I will check the target for front edge clearance and if possible, place a decal on it and report back. Had anyone else given this a try yet?

Give it a try and report back, sounds interesting.

#92 10 years ago

Never seen one of those applied before. Be interesting to hear how it holds up.

#95 10 years ago

Never had that happen. Is yours leveled and pitcher rite?

#97 10 years ago

Well then that's a one in a million shot then.

1 week later
#105 10 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Nice work. Can you upload a daylight picture at some point? I'm interested to see how the new lights look and also how the chrome legs look compared to the black.

I'll see what I can do for ya.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

I'm sure this is the wrong place to post this since this is an owners club but here goes.
I have a friend new to pinball looking for a DE Star Wars in nice condition. Doesn't have to HUO but great shape is preferred. If you are interested in selling or can make an introduction to someone who's looking to sell, I'd appreciate it.
I'm in northern VA, 20165. Prefer something within 3-4 hours drive for pickup but will consider shipping.
Thanks,
Dave

This place is for Fans and anything DE Star Wars, that's why I started it. So post away.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from Echoratz:

Hello everyone new member here,
Just purchased my first 2 pins, DE Star Wars and Bally Lost World earlier this month. Both were working well minus some lights out and the Star Wars knocker is disassembled....boo. My Star Wars however has been giving me more problems since I changed some bulbs earlier today. Currently Star Wars will boot up fine but will not start game play. The game will flash the star destroyer across the screen but no skill shot tie fighter comes on and the machine wont kick out a ball to play. The display only reads the 00 score. I've tried looking at all the fuses and everything seems to be in order so I'm at a loss. I also tried diagnostics mode, for some reason I am unable to activate some of the test functions, such as some of the coil tests wont fire. I know they worked in game before. Anyone have anything similar happen to them? I appreciate any advice you all can give.

Did you lift the pf to change the bulbs in the inserts?

1 week later
#125 10 years ago

Here's a link if anyone else is interested.
ebay.com link » Star Wars Sign Display Movie 3d

Hey thanks for the heads up I just bought one, the total was $53. They only have one left now.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from Oiler2112:

Nice! I just got mine. Thanks for the heads-up!
Now, if someone will just sell me their NOS translite. I know one of you out there has one!

You got one too, good. Does it look like you can light it from behind?

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from Oiler2112:

Guess it depends on the paint thickness. If being lit from behind doesn't work, I guess we could drill holes around the perimeter and install LED's. Like the Elvira topper floating around. Many slot machines use this method too for their topper.

These are PAINTED? I thought they were colored plex.

#131 10 years ago

I supposed we should have asked the seller. It has a saw tooth hanger on the back, most likely glued on so I'm thinking colored plex.

#133 10 years ago

Nice to see ya here, got lucky with the pf. Don't expect to find many new plastics, there are only a few available. I led'd mine and put 3 double spot lights on it and it REALLY lit it up. I also painted the inside of my Death Star with 2 coats of bright white enamel and big led flashers under it and that lights that up nice too. The cab is screen printed so not much you can do with that. Have you read all the posts here?

#135 10 years ago

Sounds like your on your way to making it nice. The cab and bb are not decals the art is screen printed directly onto the wood. I never played the old code either mine came with the new code.

#137 10 years ago

Personally I like SW better. Last Action Hero is another really good DE game with lots to shoot.

1 week later
#142 10 years ago

My sign came today, very nice, great quality. Pic #1, masking off the black WARS letters still on the black STAR. Pic #2 shows how it looks back lit with the masking on the back taken off. Hanger on back is glued on.

SW Sign 1.JPGSW Sign 1.JPG SW Sign 2.JPGSW Sign 2.JPG
#146 10 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Anyone know of a good place to get a NOS Death Star or even used? Mines cracked at the top and finding a repro that doesn't look like a grey plastic turd seems to be a challenge.

All ya have to do is use model glue and glue it from the inside. It melts the plastic and will be stronger then the rest of the piece. Then white enamel paint (2 coats) the inside to reflect all the light from the lights that are under it. Works great. Bad lighting so it looks a little yellow but it is nice bright white.

DStarPainted.JPGDStarPainted.JPG

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Just bought a player condition SW and have started to bring it back to glory. Great game, not the deepest but I grew up with these films and love this pin.

DSC00610.JPG 281 KB

DSC00617.JPG 310 KB

DSC00611.JPG 260 KB

DSC00619.JPG 275 KB

DSC00620.JPG 359 KB

DSC00623.JPG 304 KB

DSC00624.JPG 202 KB

DSC00626.JPG 237 KB

DSC00625.JPG 249 KB

Looks great all cleaned up. Did you put leds in it? I put 3 Pinballbulbs double spot light on mine and it really light up the middle of the pf. and leading up to the Death Star. I can play it in a dark room no problem.

#150 10 years ago

It's gonna be a tough one to find. But you could always buy one of those overpriced ones on ebay.

#153 10 years ago

I really like the Obwan on the top of the scoop, fits perfect. I have LAH and T3 same as you. Nice collection you have.

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Just went through this entire thread. Good stuff. I joined the club TODAY! I've only got about 2 games on it (Had to get home for Valentine's Day). Itching to get back to work next week and throw down. Needs a good top to bottom cleaning but looking forward to the project. From the little bit I played, very fun.

Welcome, good to see ya here.

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm IN! (Well sort of).
Picked on up today but it's going to need some serious restoration. Got for $1200 with NOS Translite, working boards & display and a decent playfield. Needs decals and possibly a whole new cabinet.

Welcome to you also. My bg and pf are good but my cab also could use some TLC. Hopefully that cab making place will start making DE cabs.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

Death Star target decal plus protection:
- I made this decal image out of laser print on glossy photo paper
- I then covered it with mylar and lined the back with 3M double sided rubberized tape (black)
I thought about putting a thin piece of stainless steel in back of the picture, but realized that the thickness would be too much and would rub against the metal guide rail. The thickness of the above combination just clears the rail and has no problems going up and down.
The added cushioning effect of the rubberized tape has been protecting the plastic target so far; about 100 games played with emphasis on hitting the death star target very hard (yes, I have a used backup target).

image.jpeg 45 KB

WOW! That looks great. Make one for me and I'll buy it.

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Really miss mine I owned for 7 years. Sold it to fund X-Men LE.

100_0169.JPG 198 KB

100_0157.JPG 147 KB

Bummer.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Agree. Not really about funds . Just ran out of pinball space. It sucks that if I want another pinball one must got to make room

Same here, funds not a problem, by re-arranging I might be able to get another one in.

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from Roadrunner000:

I've got one that I love..but It needs either a new r2d2 body and head or at the very least I need the right leg if your looking at it and new blue plastic insert for my head..mine is cracked...anyone know of a source for nos or at least used..haven't had any luck sourcing the parts other than out of country

I had his head re-chromed and it looks like new again, think it was $50. Good luck with that blue piece. No sources that I know of but you might try Pinsider "arakissun", he's out of country somewhere in Europe and might have a lead on something, he has a ton of stuff. I've never bought from him but many have.

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

marco stickers suck ass for this game, as do repo plastics

With as many of these games that were made it's hard to believe CPR hasn't made new plastic sets for it. But to do it they would need a scan of a complete set and where the &%#@ are they going to get that. If anyone out there is sitting on a complete NOS set PLEASE contact CPR and tell them, it may be all that's need to get the ball rolling. I know I'd buy a set.

#181 10 years ago

Just got the word from Stu at CPR, they have the scans to do the plastics but licensing is holding it up.

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from Roadrunner000:

unless you do something yourself which I'm going to look into..simple pieces that just aren't out there NOS or repro...

Good luck with that. I don't need anything for R2 but I could use a plastic set.

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay....need some member help.
I have an SW that needs a LOT of work. Right now I'm focusing on fixing under the playfield wiring issues (lot of wires not connected to anything).
This is my first SW so I really have no idea where the wires connect.
Can someone take some hi-res pictures of the underside (maybe break it up into 4-6 sections to get closeups) and send them to me? You would probably have to email them one at a time.
Please.......and thank you. I need to know if this puppy really works right before I dump more cash into it.

My camera (built into my dv camcorder) only has a 2 meg chip and no flash so I'm out. Sorry

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I dont really understand how licensing on an older game works...SW is prob a billion dollar franchise...Lets say they make 50 sets of plastics at $150 a set. If you do the math and they have to give 20% to Lucas/Disney then it seems its a couple thousand dollars total...Not worth the money for a Disney lawyer to even answer the phone to do this? Shame there is not an easier way.

They gotta "milk the cash cow" whenever they can. Do we have a lawyer that can contact Disney on our behalf? May be that's all we have to do to get past this stall.

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

So I was playing my SW today and I noticed it has a pretty good hum or static sound coming from under the playfield. Is this normal for this pin? It comes on right when the pin is turned on. And continues even with nothing spinning/moving. I'd equate the sound to turning on an old tube radio.

Could be a grounding problem somewhere. Is the game power plug grounded properly?

#193 10 years ago

Mine has no hum, none of my games do but my Fireball Classic did and I never did find the reason.

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Mine does it too. The guys from the pinball podcast are planning to address this issue in DE games in this month's podcast.

Let us know when it's up please.

#200 10 years ago

DE Star Wars for sale in Market Place $3750. Not mine, looks good. You just don't see them come up very often..

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Looks like my restore might be all for not.
Missing the wireform Death Star ramp and those simply can not be found. Looks like I might be forced to part this game out
I'll give it a little time to see if I can come up with one....but I'm not holding my breath. Someone mentioned that the loop ramp from Lethal Weapon might be modifiable to fit......but of course you can't find those either.

Talk to the restore guys they may know someone who could make you one. They have access to all kinds of talented people, in there line of work they have to.

I could have sworn I read something on Pinside about a guy who does that.

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Can anyone tell me the length of the legs on their DESW? I think mine may be incorrect and I want to verify.

Mine measure 28-1/2 but mine are chrome or what passes for chrome these days.

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from Bok013:

Hi all. I just picked up a SW. It's beat up but I am not complaining. I am working on finishing a TFTC then I get to work on SW. I am excited to get it going. Its going to be a players machine when all is said an done. I'm sure along the way of getting it to working condition that I am going to need a little more guidance than the force has to offer. So I am sure I will be seeing this forum quite a bit. Thanks for starting it.

Welcome. Always nice to see another member. Hope we can help you.

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Great.....we can work on ours together.

Yeah, if you guys had web cams just think how that would help.

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Hey, found a Darth Vader and got the pinbits red DMD replacement plastic. Looks great highly recommend it. Now I need a Jabba, for the Sarlac pit. Good Times

DSC00680.JPG 290 KB

DSC00678.JPG 238 KB

DSC00679.JPG 309 KB

DSC00682.JPG 215 KB

DSC00683.JPG 206 KB

DSC00685.JPG 172 KB

Lookin gooood.

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

I'm looking for the SS center ramp. Mine is missing a chunk on the right side and someone tried to patch it with a piece of SS but doesn't look good and causes crazy air balls.

Probably SOL on that part unless someone is parting out a game. Put up a "Parts Wanted" ad on Pinside and include a picture of the broken one so people know exactly what your looking for. We have a lot of members with parts for sale.

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from Oiler2112:

Totally depends on condition. I have seen them range from $1,500 all the way to $4,500. All depends on condition. It is real tough to find one that has a nice cabinet and playfield. When the real nice ones do popup, one of us Star Wars geeks plucks it up real quick!!

What he said.... and if needs parts just remember they are almost impossible to find. So if something major is broken or missing offer them a lower price.

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

I've already got the wanted ad posted. Good idea about adding a picture. Thx.

Good man.

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Hope somebody can help me source a few parts.
I need to speaker panel hinge. It's a plastic L bracket.
also need to know where to get the super long screws that go through the ball guides, and the shorter one that goes on the extender side through the metal wire.
Need a post screw that goes through the longer rubber bumper and has a screw on top, near the exits on the death star.
If anyone knows where or has some extras, i'd sure appreciate it.

Just get a metal one at the hardware store and bend it. You won't find a plastic one.

Again go to the hardware store, those are only #6-32 screws.

For the post screw go to Marco.

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Had one hell of a game today! My previous grand champion score was 451,000,000
Oh baby! Had another shot at multi ball right at the end to put me close to 700m but they all drained right away. This is the new benchmark for me. What's your highest score? (New code for me)

image.jpg 166 KB

That's a BIG number, congrats. I've gotten a little over half that.

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Just joined the Rebel Alliance a couple of days ago........woo hoo!

Welcome to the Club. We have a good size group here.

#242 10 years ago

Seeings how nobody is stepping up to the plate I'll help ya out. Just to make sure, it's the solid SS ramp not the spiral wire form that comes off it rite?

#245 10 years ago

Oiler could you take over? How about it Astropin? Looks like Oiler's pin will be down.

#247 10 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

I'm looking for the SS center ramp. Mine is missing a chunk on the right side and someone tried to patch it with a piece of SS but doesn't look good and causes crazy air balls.

Maybe the guy that's making Astropins wire form could make you a ramp?

#249 10 years ago

A Star Wars just came up for sale on the Market Place. $1950 out of NY. Good seller too.

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from Sean_So_Lowe:

Got a link? Not seeing it.

In the Market Place near the top.

#253 10 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

Rob W is a great dude. This is a solid price for DE SW too. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who wants to not just be a member of this thread but also an owner.

Sure is, bought my Space Station from him. Good guy to buy from, very smooth transaction.

#257 10 years ago

Yeah that looks great. To light up my pf I added 3 double spots and Cometpinballbulbs red "Crystal Fan" bulbs in the pops. I really like the look you wife gave to the DS and if you give the underside of it a couple coats of gloss white enamel paint it REALLY light up under it when the led flashers go off.

Good to have you in the Club too.

#259 10 years ago

Oh boy have I been busy with my SW.

First I put new flipper guides in, the originals were very worn and sloppy along with new bats and rubbers.

SW 8.JPGSW 8.JPG

Then I put on a Death Star drop target decal and decals on 4 of the 5 other targets. They were done by fellow SW owner BestShot31 and they are beautiful and the quality is top notch. Contact him if you would like them for your game. I love them on mine.

SW 1.JPGSW 1.JPG
SW 4.JPGSW 4.JPG

SW 2-227.JPGSW 2-227.JPG

Then I added 2 Cometpinballbulb 6.3v, 7 led strips. One to each of the 2 lanes behind the Death Star, which lights up the lanes and the plastics back there.

SW 5.JPGSW 5.JPG

And last of all I lit up the left scoop hole green from underneath by adding a #44 socket and using a double head flex head also from Comet. They have a nice long reach and work great for this kind of app.

SW 7.JPGSW 7.JPG

That's it for this game for today.

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Well poop. I hooked up a replacement launcher coil backwards on my SW and fried some boards. I'm guessing it's not a good sign when a pinball table starts to smoke.
Ordered new rottendog MPU, PPB boards and a new coil. Don't even want to bother trying to fix since I'd rather not put a board back in the machine that has actual burn marks on it and have to deal with problems down the road. Frustrated with my stupidity.

OH NOOOO!!! That's bad Why does learning have to be so painful? Time for a pintech house call?

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Love the green light from "THE FORCE" scoop. Would love to get more details on how you hooked that up. As you can probably tell from my previous post I'm sort of new to this hobby. =/

For that one I had to glue a block of wood cut to the same height as the metal box and screw a #44 socket to that so that with the flex head led was even with the box and just far enough away from the bottom opening of the metal box so that the leds shown into the slot. Then just spliced into the wires from a pf bulb that was always on.

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

All these upgrades look great. I am on the fence about Getting sw but this makes it tempting
Really like the target decals and the painted Death Star . Reminds me if the mm castle where guys paint it to look more realistic

It's a fun game, my guests love it. Impossible to find a very good example and you just can't find the plastics for it, only a couple of pieces, none of the major ones. The repo Death Star looks like crap.

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

I like the extra playfield lighting via spotlights and strip lights.
MustangPaul: Those target look really good.

The extra spot and strip lights make a world of dif. and the target decals are top notch, well worth the money.

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Happy ending! New Rottendog boards fixed my problem. Plays great again, just need the new launcher coil to arrive and I'll be fully operational.

image.jpg 114 KB

Great news.

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It arrived today! Thanks again. I'll get it sent out right away and returned to you ASAP.

Great Pinsider Oiler.

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

can someone please post a pic of where their spot lights are drawing power from?

are you having a problem with them?

#276 10 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

no, haven't gotten them yet. Just curious on where they connect is all.

Oh I see, did you buy the double spots from Pinballbulbs? If so just use the alligater clips and attach them to any GI bulb in the area. Use white or purple bulbs in them. I put 3 on mine and it really made a big diff. Also if you want to really light up your pop caps go to Cometpinballbulb.com and get their red "Crystal Fan" bulbs, I have them in mine and they really light up the caps.

#278 10 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

thanks for the advice MustangPaul. I put some red flex led pinballbulbs under the deathstar and it gives a cool red glow back there, but I'm tempted to drill a hole, a even several in the deathstar itself so you can see the red "poke through" when its slowly spinning. Anyone done that? My deathstar is in really nice shape and don't want to ruin it; if I had a repo I would have done it already.

I don't know if you should drill holes in it just to get a few speck of red light out of it. Try it on a repo if you can find one .

#281 10 years ago

Pinside Forum member isipe just listed his game in Market Place with a make offer price. Check it out if your look for one.

#284 10 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

If anyone is in need of replacement wire lane ramps both just popped up on ebay.
ebay.com link » Data East Star Wars Pinball Machine Metal Spiral Loop Ramp 515 5682 00
ebay.com link » Data East Star Wars Pinball Machine Metal Vuk Wire Ramp 535 6339 00

Oh your kidding, Astropin was just looking for that loop wireform and is having one made but I wonder if his price is the same as that one.

#285 10 years ago

Got my new SW sign up, looks great lit from the back. Made my own bracket for the light. The camera makes it look like it's almost red around the edge but it's not.

SW Sign 1.JPGSW Sign 1.JPG
SW Lit.JPGSW Lit.JPG
SW light.JPGSW light.JPG

SW Lit and game-24.JPGSW Lit and game-24.JPG
#288 10 years ago

But Astro yours will be shiny and new and he has the design on file so you have saved a valuable piece of DE Star Wars hardware for the future.

#292 10 years ago
Quoted from darthripley:

I'm Basel's wife, also a Star Wars nerd. Thanks for the kind words on the death star paint job.
I used acrylic paints only. Flat black as a wash for the first step to get the darker paint into all the cracks so the detail will show up & make it stand out & look more like a metallic Death Star. For those who don't know, a wash is where you put the paint on the piece and wash it off with a damp wet rag/paper towel. The level of darkness will depend on how much the paint dries in certain areas, so don't do big areas to start with.
The 2nd step was mixing flat black with a pearl ivory white. The pearl finish paint gives just enough of a metallic look without looking glittery like a low rider candy metal flake paint job. It took me a few coats to get a nice smooth finish. You could also spray paint it silver then do the black wash over that to bring out the details if paint brushes aren't your thing.
Nice to be a part of the DE club. Everyone's machines look great!
I always wanted this machine in my house & now that I have it, I feel like a little kid everytime I walk in the room to fire it up for a game or two

Nice to hear from you and thanks for the info.

#296 10 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Man if it's that easy i'm going to punch myself in the face. I'll give it a try. Thanks

WAIT!!! while I go get a rag for the blood.

#304 10 years ago
Quoted from RedNeckHunter:

You will have to replace a wire harness in the back box that controls the GI in the game. It should look burnt and crispy or maybe just brittle. Follow the wires from the back box lights to find the harness. The left force hole just needs a new switch. You will see a little black switch with a metal wire that pushes down a button on the switch when the ball rolls down into the force hole. Not sure what the problem could be with the Death Star target. Might just need a new motor. And remember...Do or do not...there is no try...

Good advice. With a game that has been sitting that long anything can go bad. OP, any battery acid damage on the CPU board?

#306 10 years ago
Quoted from fryeguy7:

Thanks for the responses guys. I look forward to working on this in the coming months when my game room is finished and I have the time. As for battery damage amazingly there was none. The game was really dirty but the cabinet was about an 8/10 and the playfield was about a 8 or 9 out of 10. The flipper rubber snapped off it was so brittle but considering I got this game for almost nothing I feel very lucky. DMD works great and sound as well, also pops and slings and R-2 work as they should.
Death Star does not spin so would that explain the drop target?
I appreciate you guys helping and when I start I will keep you updated and may need more advice from the Jedi Masters on this thread.

DE used plastic pop bumper frames, are any of yours cracked?

#308 10 years ago

2 of mine are cracked with only 2 of the 4 screws holding them on, but they do play fine and don't wobble.

#313 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Yes. They have been glued prior to me owning it and are holding. Other corners not glued are whitening.
Marco has them. Crazy shipping though.

Those frames look like a real PITA to replace with the pf in the game so I'll come up with some easy fix. Like steel and epoxy.

#317 10 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Does anyone have a translite they would like to sell? I am in need of one!

Check Pinside member doctor_pinball, his topic "Parts for sale Update March 18". As of the 18th he had one for sale but no price given.

1 week later
#328 10 years ago

Here ya go, 26x22-7/16x1/8in thick. ALWAYS tempered glass in pins. and make sure you tell them NO LOGO on the glass.

#330 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

I need the bottom plastic strip with the lift edge on it. Where the heck do I find that?

Pinballlife or Marco

4 weeks later
#339 9 years ago
Quoted from JCJP:

Working on my Star Wars .going to chrome everything and put full led kit here are some pics. Would like to join ur club .

image-923.jpg 176 KB

image-78.jpg 272 KB

image-361.jpg 136 KB

image-1.jpg 216 KB

Sure, come on in, we can always use one more. Did you brush the paint on the apron? Since your going to town on the cab you should put the HD leg braces in, especially on an old game. I put them on my HS and it has a good solid feel to it. They mount with 8 wimpy #6 screws so I drilled 7 of them out for #12's and left a #6 for the ground strap. The legs are rock solid now. If you do this just leave the stock one's in.

HDlegBrace.JPGHDlegBrace.JPG

#343 9 years ago

Well, no light saber clash insert for one.

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

It's Star Wars day! Play your Star Wars!
May The 4th Be With You.

I saw and did that.

4 weeks later
#352 9 years ago

That will scare the s$$t out of someone the first time they see it. Cool.

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

yessss you also get water or cold smoke jet (co2) to your face

WOW!!! Truly a one of a kind topper.

#358 9 years ago

Cool idea, thanks for sharing and welcome to the club.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from node:

Thanks so much tekman, I was right to be dubious about classicarcades then - I'm surprised none of the feedback calls him out on it.
Good to hear the Pinball Centre plastics are good quality, I need to order a bunch of other items from them soon anyway - gotta love German quality. Shame they're out of stock of a few plastics, might wait until they have in stock all plastics I need.
Shame about the Marco label though, I could really do with a new one for the launch handle plate as it's very worn and I need to remove it anyway to bend the metal plate back into shape (it's strangely warped, maybe some idiot lifted the table by the handle a few times or something). Bay Area Amusements have a set too but that's also out of stock right now http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-SW88 . Does anywhere else do them? My Googling turns up nothing sadly.

You will be waiting a VERY long time for the parts to be in stock again. I called BAA about an out of stock part and they said "we will contact you when it's back in stock, what's your email address". That was over a year ago, no word since. Good luck.

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from pinfrog:

Hi all, I recently became a member of the DESW club . Purchased a very nice one about 2 months ago, fuly LED'd and new code. A couple of pics with my topper (hanger) and PF mod.

photo 1 (2).PNG 381 KB

photo 2 (2).JPG 59 KB

Hey we got another member, Welcome. Have you gone through all 8 pages of the topic? That's a HUGE topper, does it light up. Where are you located? Could you put your location under your Avatar?

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Does anyone have a spare plastic "Hood" that covers the light bulb behind Jabba... Mine is trashed and is pieced together with electricians tape.

I don't sorry.

#376 9 years ago

Oh man that's bad, thanks for the warning. Can you return them? You should post a Forum warning.

1 week later
#378 9 years ago
Quoted from OldSkoolFool:

Wow, some really cool modifications/upgrades in this thread. Almost makes me want to keep my DE Star Wars. But... I am ready to move on for something else.
My overall very nice DE Star Wars for sale: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-de-star-wars-49-pics-video-clip-nice-condition-in-wisconsin
Thanks MustangPaul for the suggestion to put it here.

Demand for this game seems to go in spurts so just be patient. Yours is in better shape then mine.

3 weeks later
#382 9 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

the problem I get after they move is it starts to launch the ball in the air.

Try putting a padded decal on them.

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Did a Major Shop and LED change out on my SW a week ago... thoughts?

StarWarsLED1.jpg 167 KB

StarWarsLED2.jpg 141 KB

StarWarsLED3.jpg 127 KB

Looks really nice, great job. Only a couple of suggestions....put 3 Pinballbulbs double spot lights, one on each sling plastic and one behind the Jabbas Bounty sign all pointing at the pf and light up both scoops from the underside. I did all that (see my earlier posts) and I added a couple Comet led strips. Man you can really see the ball now.

1 month later
#390 9 years ago

That looks super. I like the chrome, must have cost some $$$ though. Give us the low-down on what you did to it to get it in such great shape.

#396 9 years ago
Quoted from JCJP:

Oh I forgot also put mirror blades

Mirror blades really look good, where did ya get them and how does the pf fit? Are those the Comet pop cap led rings?

#399 9 years ago
Quoted from JCJP:

What do you think it would be worth ??

From what I can see (pictures only) 2.5 - 3k. Closer to 3 if in person it looks as good as the pictures and it's electrically and mechanicaly sound. It's a rare game. How are the pop bumper bodies under the pf? They are made of plastic and tend to break where the screws holds them to the pf.

1 week later
#414 9 years ago
Quoted from Bok013:

I have a SW with the right side of the ramp busted off and no where to be found. From what I am reading it's impossible to find a ramp. Has there been any changes in that market? Does anyone know where to find one? Please let me know. Thanks!

The center metal ramp right? Got a good close picture?

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from Bok013:

Thanks ChadH. Looks like I just missed it. Hopefully, he will has another run. Thanks again.

Drop him a line and let him know your looking. That way he knows he has some interest, without that he probably won't make any.

#419 9 years ago

Where did that big chunk go? A metal fab shop could probably fix that if you can't get a new one. Mine had a broken tab and my buddy TIG welded it for me. Do not wire feed weld, TIG weld.

#421 9 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

I'm looking into having 5 more ramps made. When I get more details, I'll pass it along.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-on-replacement-desw-ss-ramps

Smart move, your the go-to guy for that ramp.

#423 9 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

What he said! I made a amateur job playfield decal for my Grand Lizard about a year and a half ago and posted some pics. Despite me being very open with it's flaws prior to agreeing to sell more, people keep finding the post with the pics, and people keep buying them from me. You'll be selling these for years.

Yup.

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Rarely captured on camera.. the illusive super combo.
» YouTube video

Dang, I'm not gonna play against you for money. Nicely done.

#437 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Trying to decide on buying a Star Wars. I need to see the game in person, but it is a re-import and has cabinet decals installed. Assuming it just needs to be shopped and have LEDs installed and it's a solid 8 in condition otherwise, what is a fair price to offer?

Just off the top of my head a solid 8 is pretty rare and not seeing it first hand I'd say around $2500

#438 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

Hey guys, new to this thread but not the club. My first machine was a de Star Wars. Had it, restored it and sold it cause it got "old". Biggest mistake of my life! Anyway, got a new one about 2 weeks ago. She was in almost perfect shape. Had to be huo. The shooter lane looks brand new. No wear anywhere. Only had to touch up a few very small spots with matching paint. Put protectors and leds in. Red dmd display cover, dmd glare guard, leg protectors on. I will soon be getting the new code, cliffys, and want to get mirror blades.
My question is does anyone have a pic of theirs with mirror blades on that they could share? Very curious howxthese look on the game! I know the pf is tight, so which company really sells the "thinnest" blades? Thanks!

Sounds like a rare condition game, your very lucky, congrats. No idea about the blades.

#440 9 years ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

I recorded a decent game (330 mil pts) over the weekend while I was trying to capture the super combo but the camera is the same as my combo video and not directly overhead like the PAPA videos. I could put it on youtube if anyone finds it helpful.

How about building something out of 2x4's that you could stand under with the camera pointed down. A little bit of a different camera angle then PAPA videos. That would be cool. And have the audio up a little louder.

#443 9 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Tonight I looked at replacing the power cord as the existing one is missing the ground prong. I opened up the lid to the power -- didn't look too enticing to desolder all that stuff. Then I figured out that the wire leads are actually connected to the cord outside the box and covered by heat shrink. Just need to buy some heat shrink now.
Since that didn't succeed I took a look at my poor R2. He is missing his left arm and his head does not rotate.
Well, no easy solution for his missing appendage. I could hear/feel the motor operating so I removed it. You can pop the top off the motor if you bend back a few spots. I used a flathead screwdriver and a few taps of the hammer, then pried it up with a utility knife.
Inside are a few gears coated in thick black grease. Hard to imagine how much of that crud I removed.
The problem seems to be some mating gears on a shaft/pin that falls out. After cleaning up and lightly relubricating I put the gears back and taped the lid shut with metal duct tape. Turning the motor wheel by hand now rotated the top!
I reinstalled and now R2 works great. The gears themselves did not seem worn, just the pin is dodgy.
I did notice both R2 and the Death Star stopped spinning at one point. Possibly after a ball freeze? Need to find a pattern for that happening.

Sounds like you had fun and you got something fixed that was looong over due to be fixed. I imagine all our R2 gear boxes need to be looked at and the grease replaced.

#453 9 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Got a DESW around a month ago. Finally got it all cleaned up and decided it needed something more. Did it totally on a whim after thinking about the light saber in ep1. Turned out pretty cool. It's interactive with the force scoop and when it is lit, also interactive with the ramp shot.
May the force be with you. Cheers!
» YouTube video

Now that is pretty cool. How did ya do it?

#457 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

New club member! Got my Star Wars today and wow! what a deal and gorgeous game. Original artwork, a solid 9 in my opinion, which was a nice surprise because the lady told me it had new decals. doesn't have decals, but upon close inspection there were two well done touch ups. So maybe that's what she meant? No idea.
Been in there house for 14 years and they are moving now. Needs a tear down shop job for a good cleaning, new rubber and LEDs, etc. But no playfield wear, just a chipped slingshot plastic at the top nut and a slightly cracked plastic along the right side of the playfield and needs a Death Star target decal.
Amazingly no lock bar holes!
This was a re-import from England and has the England ROMs but will order the 25th anniversary ROMs tomorrow. Going to go with black rubber and super bands on the flippers like my other games. Need to order the rubber and additional LEDs, and am glad I have a list to add these items too. Going to be a big order this week!

20140904_163504.jpg 326 KB

20140904_163523.jpg 224 KB

20140904_163548.jpg 225 KB

20140904_163458.jpg 334 KB

20140904_171026.jpg 143 KB

20140904_171054.jpg 146 KB

WOW!!! the deals are STILL out there on this game, I'm amazed. You got a beautiful game. That is one game worth keeping forever. Great to see you joining us. Make sure you Qtip the inside of the pf inserts so the lights are nice and bright. Now go buy a Lottery ticket, your on a roll.

#461 9 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

We added a second switch to the force scoop which activates the saber. It has a timer that will turn off after 45 seconds unless you hit ramp shots which will re set the timer. If you hit the scoop again while the saber is lit it will turn it off and if you hit the shot again it lights back up red.
It ended up being pretty easy and it looks way better in person.

Thanks. Easy for you....difficult for me.

#462 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone ever try fitting the Sega Trilogy slingshot plastics on the DESW? Just happened to see a pic of those sling plastics and they look pretty nice.

$_57.JPG 165 KB

Haven't tried it but it does look really good.

#466 9 years ago

Vid has a guide to make your own lit buttons for like $4. Search Pinside for the topic. I made my own using 2 #47 sockets with 12 inch lead wires for 10 cents apiece from a local surplus store in town here and 2 red flex head leds. Total cost is $2.30 for each button but if I need a clear red button that adds another $1.50 + shipping. I just spliced into the coin eject lights in the coin door. You can just use one led if you want but with 2 they are REALLY bright.

IMGA0855.JPGIMGA0855.JPG IMGA0890.JPGIMGA0890.JPG
#467 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Jeez, anyone else feel this game can't be played in a dark room? I installed two spotlights tonight and will be adding a 3rd to get the playfield lit up nicely for a dark room.
One was installed behind Jabba's bounty and aimed across the upper playfield ramp entrances and drop targets.
The 2nd was installed behind the Jackpot ramp plastic and aimed across the Death Star and the back right upper corner.
I feel I need another spotlight shining across the lower middle of the PF where Luke & Vader are clashing.
It's all good when my overhead lights are on, but we prefer them off and it's a dark game without additional lighting.

I hear ya, my room is dark too so I put 3 double spots on also, one on the top post of each sling and one behind Jabbas Bounty and will put a 4th one on when I get around to it. Did you see my post with pictures about the Comet strip lights I put on? It's on page 6, they really help a lot. Comet also sells the Optix Maximus bulb for spot lights. At $1.99 each they aren't cheap but they do work really nice. Try a few. My room is only lit by the games and black lights but for the pictures I had the overhead lights on.

GR 4 (2).JPGGR 4 (2).JPG
GR 8.JPGGR 8.JPG
GR 14.JPGGR 14.JPG
GR 13.JPGGR 13.JPG

#475 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just modded the Death Star to light it up and make it look more interactive along with the spinning. I dremeled out the lines in the Death Star's laser crater and then I installed 3 new 555 lamps under the Death Star. These are wired to GI so the Death Star's laser is always glowing. I tried wiring to the two existing sockets, but didn't like the look when it wasn't lit up during gameplay.
To smooth out the green light from the LEDs, I cut a round piece of green, transluscent plastic from a lid on a can of turtle wax. Then I taped this green "lens" on the inside of the Death Star to cover the laser crater and it diffuses the LED light pretty evenly.
I ordered Chad's ROM and will have that soon and can't wait to play games on it. Only reason I didn't start my tear down shop job yet is because I wanted to play games on the original code and appreciate the difference.
Here's video of it in action.
» YouTube video

20140906_185345.jpg 211 KB

20140906_185355.jpg 198 KB

Looks great and really brightens up the DS area. It looks like it's ready to shoot.

#479 9 years ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Hey all.. just uploaded a gameplay video. I rigged up my iPhone on a ladder for a better angle. Not quite up to PAPA quality (in videography AND pinball skill), but it's something. =) I had just cleaned and waxed the game the day before and it was playing fast.
Some highlights:
Empire mode completed
tri-ball jackpot & super jackpot
victory lap
AT-AT mode completed
Unfortunately, as is the case with this game, many of the modes/awards were competing for use of the DMD so some awards are not always clear.
» YouTube video

Very nice vid. Thanks.

#495 9 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Thanks to pinball_erie I am now in the CLUB!!! Can't wait to set it up tonight and play!! Thanks Shawn!

Welcome aboard.

#499 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I hear you.

Did not know this. Now I do. I'll have to check that out.

Or just return this mode to it's full glory.

This is soooo cool, to have someone that is willing to take the time to write new code for a game that the manufacturers forgot about so many years ago. Thank you Chad, your keeping this game alive and kicking.

#506 9 years ago
Quoted from Mtpacifico:

Just picked this up yesterday.
Can I join your club now?
- Mike

image.jpg 130 KB

You got that one Mark? Hope it was in as good a shape as he claimed? You sure can join...Welcome...now get playin.

#507 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Well that was fast. Found a NOS one from a fellow pinsider.

That's great news. Big thanks to the fellow Pinsider that sold it to you.

#510 9 years ago

Yeah not supposed to do that, check the relay.

#514 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

Fixed my own problem! Just ordered a new R2-D2 motor, guessing that was the problem. As I was pulling out old motor, the entire bottom part of the motor fell off! Must have rotated itself apart! Anyways, got that part fixed. Anyone have an idea on why my death star would be rotating and sputtering different directions only when it starts up? Loose motor as well? I ordered a motor for that as well, just in case that's the issue. ...

Well just see if that motor falls apart too.

#516 9 years ago

That tab was broke on mine also, my friend TIG welded it. You want it TIG welded not wire feed.

#518 9 years ago

In regards to my Death Star door continuously opening and closing. 1) I unplugged relay board and the door stops moving. 2) I took board off and reflowed solder and still the same thing. 3) I used the other relay board which is known working and still got same result. 4) i used that relay board on the R2 dance and confirmed its not my relay board. So still need some help here.

I wonder if it's something in the backbox.

#522 9 years ago

No CPU. I tested relays and they all worked good. So I traced it back further and the IC90 position on the main CPU has a 7408 chip. That chip had gone bad. I replace it and all is back to normal

WOW I wish I had that kind of knowledge to do that kind of detective work. Make sure you write down what the problem and fix was, could come in handy for other Star Wars owners at some point. Thanks for sharing your fix. This is why I started this club to share this kind of info.

You should list your fix's in the TECH knowledge base here on Pinside so future DE Star Wars owners can find it if they have the same problems.

#528 9 years ago

p.s. What kinda Stang you got? Here is mine '86 GT!!

Oh a red convert, not many of them around in as nice a shape as yours. Can you guess the year and style of mine from my avatar?

#530 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

IF I sell mine, which I might in March to help fund a family trip to Okinawa, it wouldn't be for less than $3k. Got it for $2100 and I still need to LED it and shop it and get a new Jabba bounty plastic because it's chipped at the top. Cabinet and PF are near mint and will be well worth $3k.

Sorry to see you go if you sell it. Your lucky with that condition, most were routed and had a hard life.

#532 9 years ago

Really, I thought you knew your Mustangs better then that. It's looking at the drivers side quarter panel from the back. The big hole is for the tail light bucket which is the year giveaway. The car is lowered so that's a big fiberglass flair for the big tires and wheels.

#534 9 years ago

Yeah that was pretty tiny then. Close, a 70 FB. Looking at putting a 510hp Roush 427 in it.

#536 9 years ago

Nice I have owned 7 Stangs '88 LX '89 LX '90 Notch '88 Notch '87 Conv '79 Cobra and '86 GT Conv. My parents had a '68 Conv e/ 289 when I was growing up. Hooked for life.

Me too but just one, my 70 was my first car, ordered it in Dec of 69 and picked it up May1 of 70 for my last month of Senior High. Payed $2700 cash that I had saved from my paper route. My Mustang pin kind of counts as my 2nd Mustang. You've had a "few" more then I have that's for sure.

#539 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

I think I got ultra lucky when I found mine. She was ultra mint and true HUO. I didn't know till I got it, but it still had the original zip ties around the original coin mechs! Only cosmetic thing I had to do to it was touch up some very small scratches here and there. Other than that, the entire machine is flawless! I paid for the mintness though. ..3250...

and I heard you just put lit flipper buttons on it just today.

#541 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

Yes i did! Going to be adding some lights to the scoops as well, and possibly some spotlights for the pf. I have added lots of things to it since I got it....
1. Full LED kit cointaker, plus some custom leds here and there
2. DMD glare guard
3. Red DMD display cover, highly recommend for this game, goes great with the overall color scheme
4. Black leg protectors
5. Darth Vader topper
6. Homemade lit flipper buttons
7. Pinbits plastic protectors
8. Cliffys for both scoops plus 4 slot switch protectors for the lower pf slot switches
9. Already had pinball pro sub installed. That was a bonus, didn't know it had that until I got machine. Was a nice surprise!
10. Replaced R2-D2 and death star motors.
11. Only slight blue touch up painting.
12. Of course new pinball balls and cleaned and waxed pf.
Other things I plan on doing are getting pinball side mirror blades and getting an under cab lighting kit.
I will post pics of her once I get to a computer. My phone won't upload then for some dumb ass reason!

WOW!!! That is going to be the most blinged out DESW on the planet. Good show.

#543 9 years ago

Any one run into random pop bumper issues? My top pop always scores but sometimes the coil doesn't fire. All connections are good. Wondering if it has to do with that chip I replaced to fix the gate? Like it will work for a game then ball 1+2 not work then work again on ball three?

no clue.

#545 9 years ago
Quoted from wspy:

I'm looking for a used SW playfield to upgrade mine. No need to be in perfect conditions. Any leads on this?
Thanks!

I wish you luck on this one, I've never seen one come up. But I don't see everything so you never know. Put up a "Wanted" in the Market Place.

#546 9 years ago

@MustangPaul I did have a separate thread going. So its in there for others with similar problem in futre. p.s. What kinda Stang you got? Here is mine '86 GT!!

WP_000114.jpg 347 KB

Just changed my avatar to a picture of the car from 1989. Still have the car but the girl is long gone.

Mustang, Lori & Me 1989 at Bills.jpgMustang, Lori & Me 1989 at Bills.jpg Mustang at BIR 1989.jpgMustang at BIR 1989.jpg Mustang at BIR 1989#2.jpgMustang at BIR 1989#2.jpg
#549 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

That is a bad ass 'stang brother!! Very nice! Amazing you bought that brand new in 1970!

Thanks Erik and it handles like a slot car too. That's what it's gonna look like when it comes back from the body shop....only better. Here's a pict. from 1980 when it was Grabber Orange and diff. tires and wheels.
Mustang at BIR 1980.jpgMustang at BIR 1980.jpg

#556 9 years ago

Dang Erik for a stock game that has got to be the nicest one I've ever seen. The shooter lane looks like it's on a new game. Super buy.

#563 9 years ago

WOW the detail. That must have been expensive. Super nice.

#567 9 years ago

Only about 180 for me.......I have 16 games remember.

#572 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

Ok, I'm on fire tonight! Right after posting previous message, I played another game and got 539 million on that one! Insanely fun!! I am seriously loving my SW pin right now!
On a different note, I got my scoops lit with leds from the bottom and got 4 spotlights with 4 smd purple leds for each of them. Makes the playfield light up beautifully. Also got 2 led strip with 3 leds per strip. Purple color and have them on the back right lighting up the right out lane and have one on the r2d2 motor facing the bsck left to light up that area. Looks really nice! I'm thinking of getting more of these strips, maybe blue, and put inside the r2d2. Then maybe get dome for under the death star to light that up more as well. Eventually i will be gettig my under cab led kit and mirror blades. But as much as im lifting my pf up snd down right now, i dont want to get them too soon so i dont scrstch them. My pf is already tight, worried that its gonna be scrstched no matter what...:/

WOW!!! You ARE NOT coming over to play mine, I'd NEVER come close to getting scores like that. What is "dome" for under Death Star. You put 4 single spots on? I put 3 doubles on mine and I think I could still use one more. Post some pictures as you mod it out.

#573 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Which decal goes on the first target on the left side?

I don't have one on mine it's just the yellow plastic. Now idea where to get just one support rail, they only come in pairs I think. Any other SW owners have one to sell a fellow club member?

#574 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

Ok, I'm on fire tonight! Right after posting previous message, I played another game and got 539 million on that one! Insanely fun!! I am seriously loving my SW pin right now!
On a different note, I got my scoops lit with leds from the bottom and got 4 spotlights with 4 smd purple leds for each of them. Makes the playfield light up beautifully. Also got 2 led strip with 3 leds per strip. Purple color and have them on the back right lighting up the right out lane and have one on the r2d2 motor facing the bsck left to light up that area. Looks really nice! I'm thinking of getting more of these strips, maybe blue, and put inside the r2d2. Then maybe get dome for under the death star to light that up more as well. Eventually i will be gettig my under cab led kit and mirror blades. But as much as im lifting my pf up snd down right now, i dont want to get them too soon so i dont scrstch them. My pf is already tight, worried that its gonna be scrstched no matter what...:/

Hey Erik have you checked the condition of the foam on the back of your stand up targets?

#576 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Got an issue with my death star spinning. Before it would work most of the time, but some times would not (like it had to warm up). I bought a new motor and installed it and it worked perfectly yesterday. Today I get nothing. Any ideas or common issues I'm dealing with here? Thanks

After it stopped working did you confirm it was getting power?

#578 9 years ago

Is the motor attached to a gear box? I've never had to look at my game for this kind of problem so I don't know. I would think so, something to slow the motor spinning down.

#580 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Yes... it was all one piece shipped together. I'm going to contact Marco and see about a replacement tomorrow.

Marco stands behind what they sell. Does it look like it's been sitting on a shelf for a long time?

#590 9 years ago

WOW!!! They sure do. They make the ringed caps look real high tech, like mini nuclear reactors. He should use your first picture on his web site as an example. Great photo.

#592 9 years ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Sad to say, I'm in the mood for something Stern at the moment, so I'm looking to move out my current machines -- including my DESW. Hope I don't regret it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-de-star-wars-3400

Sorry to see ya go. Gave your post a bump.

#594 9 years ago

Something is going on with TFTC, ChadH put up a post saying people should check out the TFTC at the Pinball Life Open House on Friday and then put a at the end. It "could" mean he has worked his magic on TFTC like he did with SW. Anyone here going?

#604 9 years ago
Quoted from stepside:

I just installed them on my DESW this week. Nice and sturdy but I balked a bit at the price!

The price is a killer.

#610 9 years ago

Good to see you guys givin the game lots of love, that's why I started the club. Thanks guys.

#613 9 years ago
Quoted from stepside:

is there supposed to be one on the R2 post?? Anyone have one there??

I need a picture of where your talking about.

#615 9 years ago
Quoted from stepside:

I'm thinking maybe the center shaft under R2-D2? It's about the right size and in an area of the pf that the ball could travel in.

playfield2_3.jpg 132 KB

I see much better what your talking about. No rubber goes there and besides there's no way to get a rubber on it. Also, if you REALLY want to light up R2's head put 2 of Comets 6.3v 7 led strips in place of the 2 bulbs. WOW!!! Do you plan on putting leds in the game?

#620 9 years ago
Quoted from stepside:

Hrmmm..... maybe the manual was wrong?

At least mine doesn't have one there. Now ya got me thinking. What page in the manual?

#623 9 years ago
Quoted from stepside:

Page 32 under "Rubber Parts Illustration"
The rubber I'm referring to is "C Post Rubber (5) Long 545-5260-00"
Where the (5) must be the quantity, and a new rubber kit from Marco comes with 5 of those bad boys, just as it comes with (23) Post Rubber Short 545-5151-00.
Unfortunately the reference "C" is not anywhere on the diagram.... doh!
I've currently got it on the R2 shaft, which required removing the c-clips and a set screw on the motor linkage and sliding the shaft out. Seems to fit just right and makes sense to me being as it could possibly (though rarely) be hit by the ball.

20141022_132501.jpg 30 KB

Many thanks for the info. I wonder how many other games besides mine are missing that rubber.

#625 9 years ago

That's pretty cool. Is that a white bulb in there?

#633 9 years ago

Interesting. Now if you could sandwich a green led strip between the two and hook it up to the targets so it would flash every time the target was hit that would really look sharp.

#639 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Would also like for someone to produce a 44 flex fast color changing LED to go under the light saber insert. If there's already one out there that I'm just not aware of, I'd love to know about it.
EDIT: Maybe this would work, http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1fluxrgb-w.htm

If you try these be careful, the wires going into the base of the bulb are very fragile, try not to bend them at the base.

#641 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

I have a 44 flex fast color changer in my light Saber area and it looks great! Also have them in my scoops as well. Mounted new sockets under the pf and got double super long flex and aimed them into the slot of the scoops. They look awesome!! The 3 and 7 smd strips work great for the rear of area. And I have 4 spotlights with 4 smd purple leds lighting most of the pf. Makes all the colors pop!!

Sounds like ya got-er dialed in.

#643 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

Close! But not completely! Got my under cab led kit installed and it works and looks awesome! From rock custom pinball. Was only 100$ and is tied in to flash with gameplay. Also need to get a few more smd led strips and mirror blades! The mirror blades will be the last to go in!

Your gonna have the best SW on the planet IF you ever get done with it.

#644 9 years ago

Oh boy look what came in the mail today NOS pop bumpers. Bought them from Ron Kruzman but he only had 3. Ron is a good guy to buy from, very fair with pricing, just wish I could afford his pf work.

IMGA0347.JPGIMGA0347.JPG
#646 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Even though I still need to order the rest of the LEDs, rubber and two plastics before doing the full tear down shop job, I felt like installing the mirror blades today.

20141102_133119.jpg 249 KB

20141102_133857.jpg 167 KB

20141102_134445.jpg 298 KB

20141102_134502.jpg 329 KB

20141102_134600.jpg 291 KB

20141102_134534.jpg 304 KB

Oh baby that looks nice. How much does the pf miss the blades by?

#648 9 years ago

Sounds good. On Mustang when I put the blades in I had to recess the screw holes so the screws heads would be flush with blades so the pf would clear, it was that tight. I wish the blade makers would do that.

#650 9 years ago

Have you guys seen the name of the new Star Wars movie? #7 will be called "The Force Awakens". So what do ya think?

#655 9 years ago

Yes you did, this is very important. Do NOT set the glass on edge on a cement or hard surface floor with out putting some sort of padding down first. Just a slight tap setting it down on these surfaces can shatter it and the thermal difference can shatter it also. I like to use the rubber faced gloves when handling the glass so it doesn't slip, the edges can be sharp and I don't get finger prints on the inside of the glass (which always show up after you put it back in, then you have to take it back out and clean it).

Can someone find that video a Pinsider posted about the guy standing on the glass and then taking other sheets and tapping on the edge to showing it shatter, I can't find it. Everyone new to the hobby should see it.

#660 9 years ago
Quoted from joelleoj:

My translite has "bubbles" where the image is pulling away from the glass, almost as if it's a vinyl window sticker on the back side of the glass and is bubbling. If I push on the back, it doesn't really eliminate the bubbles. What's the best way to fix this? Or should I just leave it alone and not risk cracking, scratching, or whatever?

Your translight IS like a vinyl window sticker, it's just a piece of thin flexible plastic printed on one side. A backglass is just that, a piece of glass that has been printed on the back of the glass. The 4 black plastic strips on your translight is what holds the plastic film on to the glass. You just pull them off slowly and the translight or tl for short will come off. The bubbling is normal unless of course the lights in the backbox or bb for short are too close to the tl and have started to expand the plastic tl because of the heat.

#662 9 years ago

Thanks for doing that for our members. That's why I started this club, so we could help each other better our games.

1 week later
#667 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

Quick tech question. I recently got a few smd 3 and 7 led light strips that i added to my machine using the included alligator clips to clip onto existing GI. After installing a few last night, my F1 fuse blew. I thought maybe they were touching somewhere to short it out but couldn't find any. So i unplugged the ones I had under the death star. New fuse and it worked.
today I decided to try again. I currently have all of these connected using the alligator clips. I have 2 purple 7 smd strips at bottom of pf by the ball drain on the apron so it lights up yhe flippers. I have one 7 blue and one 3 purple around the r2d2. I have a 3 red and 3 blue around the pop bumpers. I have a 7 purple under the ramp, a green 3 behind the ramp plastic with jackpot..empire..etc, and finally a purple 7 around the upper right corner of pf illuminating that back area. I also had installed awhile back 4 spot lights. So simple question, do I have to many lights hooked up??!! I tried spreading out where I connected all the alligator clips. Tried using a different GI for each one. Any help would be great as now the entire back of the PF is lights out. Game still plays fine though. Is the F1 fuse located on the power supply? Would it be worth it to invest in a new one if available? I hear people talk about the new ones but have not done any research on them at all as to where to get, how easy to install...etc. so any help would be great!!
edit: looked at my manual at quick fuse guide, and the F1 fuse that is blowing is on my PPB board...just fyi!

and don't forget you have 4 pop ring lights on the game too so I think you may have reached the limit for that fuse. But I'm no pin tech. On my EATPM half the gi is on one fuse and the other half is on another and I ran into the same problem as you. When I put to many lights on one side I blew the fuse so I switched over to the other side. Don't know if that would work with SW though.

#669 9 years ago

Good ya got it fixed, but you had the wrong value fuses in it. I thought that was the first thing you checked. No idea about the RD boards though.

#677 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballshark:

Here's some alternative target decals I made and some additional yellow target stickers. IMO, the original drop target stickers blended in too much with the playfield art. I never get tired of picking off storm troopers.

DESW-targets.pdf 385 KB

VERY nice job, I'm sure some can use.

#681 9 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Coming soon. DESW Dark Side Edition! I've been working on this for a while and I'm finally almost finished. The goal was to add as much black as possible for a custom "Dark Side" theme. This is where I'm at so far.

cab-black.jpg 71 KB

cab2.jpg 71 KB

cab1.jpg 80 KB

pf1.jpg 117 KB

cabback1.jpg 79 KB

lowerpf1.jpg 126 KB

rebuiltpops.jpg 125 KB

top1.jpg 138 KB

top3.jpg 306 KB

top2.jpg 328 KB

Damn Tekman that has got to be the nicest DESW on the planet.

#684 9 years ago
Quoted from Hyderyoda:

OK OK I have a ??? when i go in the death star it only works 1/2 the time any idea ? what I need to look at . Has this ever happen to anyone else?

Have you checked the drop target switch?

#685 9 years ago
Quoted from Bok013:

Where can i get a set of backbox decals for SW? I don't need a full cab set. They don't have to be perfect either. Please let me know. Thanks.

That's gonna be hard to find. Wish I could help.

#693 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

So anyone order anything today for their sw pin? I ordered some red led pop bumper rings and a couple green ones to try Paul's idea about putting them in the death star. We shall see! Also finally ordered a set of side mirrors. I'm nervous about the fit, but I am super excited as this was my final mod to purchase! I really hope it makes the game pop!

The only thing I ordered were 2 red/red pop rings for the Death Star mod I want to try. If your worried, I would be too about the mirror fit, sand the sides of the pf as much as you can. You'll have a nice mess but every little bit of clearance would help and you have time before the mirrors arrive. Keep us posted with the mods OK.

#694 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

So now that the new Star Wars trailer is out, does that mean that all of our DE Star Wars pins just doubled in price?

That would be nice for us owners but I don't think so.

#699 9 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

I finished my DESW Dark Side restoration! More pics to add to the previous ones in this thread.

cabrightcloseup.jpg 121 KB

rightheadcloseup.jpg 84 KB

cabfront.jpg 105 KB

cabinside1.jpg 109 KB

cabinside2.jpg 117 KB

cabinside3.jpg 90 KB

cabinside4.jpg 117 KB

darksideapron.jpg 130 KB

That is soooo much better then new I can't believe it. A masterpiece for sure.

#702 9 years ago
Quoted from Bok013:

Im looking for a set of back box decals. Please let me know if you know where i can get a set. Thanks!

You may have to bite the bullet and buy the set. Hope ya can find just the bb though.

#704 9 years ago
Quoted from JCJP:

It's looks great with Mirror blades !!!

image.jpg 252 KB

image-476.jpg 252 KB

It sure does. Hows the fit?

#708 9 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Just thinking out loud... Would sticking some real thin cardboard like that of, I dunno, say a klenex box between the playfield and the cabinet while you lift it up prevent any scratches?
Probably been tried before, it just popped in my head and I thought I'd throw it out there.

I've read about using craft paper, it's thin and fairly tough.

#709 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yeah they are a VERY tight fit, but no problems with scratches yet. Taking the playfield out this weekend to tear it down and don't anticipate any problems.

Would sanding the sides of the pf make any dif? At least you'd get rid of any wood burrs.

#711 9 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

I've use Reynolds Parchment Paper from the grocery store for years with excellent results. It's perfect for this and the silicone coating makes things glide easily.

I'll have to remember that. Thanks.

#715 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

Change of subject, but I just got my best high score ever....825,381,760!! That's 300k higher than my previous high score! I was awarded 3 extra balls, and last ball I got maximum multipliers on the force scoop, with getting 2 double jackpots from the death star during multiball, and not losing my ball for a very long time after getting the maximum multipliers. Insane amount of points!!

With that kind of score I'm not inviting you over. WELL DONE

#716 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

I also got my mirror blades this weekend. They look awesome! Also got my red led pop bumper rings installed. Also look awesome. I wish my stupid phone would let me upload pics so I could show everyone!
Paul, got the green rings installed under the death star, and I am unimpressed with the amount of light that they don't put out. Thought it would be brighter, but not by much..

I got my red and white rings a while ago but I haven't put them in yet. Been debating mirror blades. Green rings should be bright, did you stack, with spacers 2 rings? That's the key stack 2 green/green rings. That's what I'm gonna do one of these days. Been busy putting red/white rings in BOP, TFTC, RCT and making my light up mods for Mustang and MET. Those two turned out really nice.

BOP

IMGA0538.JPGIMGA0538.JPG

IMGA0544.JPGIMGA0544.JPG

TFTC, because of the sweeping light pattern I could only capture 2 lighting up.

IMGA0546.JPGIMGA0546.JPG

Mustang, 6.3v and hooked to a pop bumper led

IMGA0504.JPGIMGA0504.JPG

IMGA0505.JPGIMGA0505.JPG

MET, because this is 12v and hooked to flashers it was impossible to get a lit photo.

IMGA0527.JPGIMGA0527.JPG

IMGA0530.JPGIMGA0530.JPG

IMGA0531.JPGIMGA0531.JPG

IMGA0532.JPGIMGA0532.JPG

IMGA0533.JPGIMGA0533.JPG

#718 9 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

what did you paint the metal ramps with..... or are they powdercoated?

It's a Refinery Pro but the wire ramps are stock pc Stern black.

2 weeks later
#730 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

Just got 822 million!! Only 3 million away from my high score! I tell you, it's the maximum multipliers that really rack up the points!! I have to say this new code, even though I have been playing it for months, is so awesome! Trying to figure out what to do next...where to aim next...to get the most points...is great! I have had this game for about 4 months now, and still play it every day! Tron is coming in about 2 weeks, so I am guessing I will be playing that more, but Star Wars will always get some attention!

Dang, you B havin some fun that's for sure. You be in the honeymoon stage with Tron for a while, it's a fun game too.

#733 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

A few of Star Wars tips...
Did you know that dropping the Death Star early grants you 5 million points? This is part of of the risk/reward that you have to consider when playing the game for maximum points. Once you start hearing the voice call "Death Star approaching" when hitting the Death Star then you can push down on the lever and hit the launch button. Dropping it early gives you 5 million points but the amount of time you have to "shoot the Death Star" is limited. If you don't drop it early and just continue to hit the Death Star until all moons are lit then you do not get the 5 million points but the Death Star remains open and is not timed.
Did you know that if you drop it early, the time the Death Star remains open is based on how many moons you have advanced? So if you have only advanced to moon 5 then you will have less time compared to if you had advanced to moon 7. You can see the moons slowly turning off as the timer expires.
Finally, if you are on your last ball and you have reached the point where the Death Star is available to be opened early but you are just about to drain... quickly drop the Death Star before that last ball drains and collect those 5 Million points just before your game ends!

That's pretty cool thanks.

2 weeks later
#736 9 years ago

I don't think so, mine is still lookin good. If I were you I'd grab those pieces. Any plastics for this game are rare.

#739 9 years ago
Quoted from joelleoj:

Even though they're repros?

If they look good, what else can ya do.

#747 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I'm working on the DE Star Wars Playfield Artwork right now, and as soon as I'm done with it I'll start working on the Plastics artwork. I have a full set of NOS Plastics scans to work from. Once the plastics artwork is done I'll have Kevin push it through production as these are needed badly ( the current "common broken" pieces that are available really do suck! ).....No idea of when we might get the Playfield into production but at least the artwork will be done ( and I have an NOS Playfield here that I'm working from ).....Other DE Playfields that I already have artwork completed for: DE Tommy, DE Star Trek, DE Guns-N-Roses....and I will most likely do the Tommy plastics as well.....

Once again you have proven "YOU ARE THE MAN"!!! I'll take a plastic set FOR SURE! Thank you Stu.

#748 9 years ago
Quoted from joelleoj:

True...I guess it won't hurt to buy them to see the quality. I'm just wary because there was a pair of Stormtrooper sling shot plastics on eBay a few months ago that were clearly repros (crooked cuts and not as bright).

You saw what Stu said so just sit tight and don't waste your money. Spend your money on a new set of clear out lane ball guides, those combined with the new plastics that sit on top would REALLY look great.

#752 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Hell ya. Have really good cab decals already from Pheonix and a NOS R2. If playfields and plastics get done I'll be able to fully restore my pin to look almost new. Just need to find a damn Death Star. =(

It's really funny that with all the modding that's going on these days that no one has made a really nice one.

#757 9 years ago
Quoted from VonBorakus:

I need these plastics so bad its not even funny! Great news, thanks!

Hey Ryan, we have 2 games in common. You'll have to come over and play sometime, your only a couple of miles away.

2 weeks later
#764 9 years ago

Has anyone replaced their bb speakers? What did you use? I'm looking for inexpensive ones not the high $$$$ ones. I know ya get what ya pay for but anything is better then the 1992 ones in the game.

#768 9 years ago
Quoted from VonBorakus:

Would love to! How have I never met you?

Just sent you a pm.

#770 9 years ago

Wish I had the room for mirror blades.

#772 9 years ago

I don't have enough room for a piece of paper let alone 2 blades. The only way I'd have room was if I were to tare the game down to a bare cab and routed out where the blades go.

#775 9 years ago

Hi Tom nice to see you here, sounds like you have some serious problems. Probably best to post this in the Tech section.

#776 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Finished the playfield cleaning and waxing and underneath playfield, inserts and subway cleaning tonight. Then I replaced the Death Star target with the proper target and used a custom padded target sticker on it. Way better.

Death Star target replaced.jpg 229 KB

Man that looks nice. Now put big red and green flashers in place of the bulbs.

#778 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The Death Star already has been modded and lighting ready to be reinstalled.

#780 9 years ago
Quoted from SpaceWar:

Hi Paul, thanks. Yes, I posted it last night in the tech section as well, just to be sure it was in the right place....either here or there. I'll let everyone know what I find out, if anything. So far, no love....

I hope ya have a tech that makes house calls. It's expensive but sometimes ya just gotta do it. I wish I had a tech I could call and get my MACH 3 arcade game fixed.

#782 9 years ago
Quoted from SpaceWar:

Nope, no tech, no house calls. It's all me, the forums, and mail order!

May the Force Be With You.

#784 9 years ago

Prices are all over the map on this one same with condition and they don't come up that often.

#791 9 years ago

Who's gonna upgrade to a Color or Smart dmd IF they come out with one?

#803 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Guess first step is getting weld fixed.

Get it TIG welded not MIG.

#807 9 years ago

If I'm not mistaken the pops have Comets pop led rings in them. I have them too and they look great. Red tops with white bottoms.

#820 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Guys does anyone have one of those repro center ramps that was recently made and not need it anymore? Mine is all busted up and I could sure use one.
Thanks

Can't ya get it TIG welded?

#822 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

I will... but on one side the actual side of the ramp has about a 1 mm split on it that I'm afraid will worsen. Figure I'd better try and get one of these while they are still in circulation in case the weld doesn't hold.

It's to bad they won't be made any more.

#824 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Beta testing my latest mod to Star Wars. Looks fantastic in person because it's blue, but in pics it comes off brighter and whiter. But wow!
Still a few more tweaks before putting it up for sale.

20150222_184247.jpg 217 KB

20150222_184317.jpg 273 KB

20150222_184225-309.jpg 257 KB

Oh that does look sweet. EL paper? 12v? I hope the price is affordable. I'll be in then.

#826 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Flexible 12v LEDs from the auto section of Walmart. $20

Really, they look like one solid strip of light. Is white the only color they come in? Nice.

#830 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

They are LED strips inside translucent flexible rubber. So the light is very diffused and solid looking instead of being able to see each single LED. Really great effect.
Installed facing down on the bottom of the rear backbox are 12v blue/white LED strips that light up the rear playfield area tastefully and brightly. This game theme deserves to be properly lit.
I even installed an Admiral Ackbar hidden spotlight to brightly light his plastic. If you notice, his plastic doesn't really get rear lit by the 2 bulbs mounted behind it. Those bulbs are to add light to R2, but Ackbar was left in the dark.

I see, yes the tube defused the light perfectly. Did you slit the tubes so they slid over the ramp side rails and you didn't have to use any glue?

I've got some blue and white 12v strips I've been wanting to light up the back also but I've been doing mods on other games. The Admiral lights up real nice. Seeing your game with the mirrors makes me wish I could put them on my game but they just won't fit. If I put them on I'd never be able to lower the playfield it's that tight. Are those the pop cap led rings from Pinballlife?

#831 9 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

My R2 D2 wasn't turning his head. I pried the cap off the motor, cleaned the gears and reassembled it. It worked for a short while then stopped again.
I ordered a new motor from Marco but before replacing it I had one more try at fixing it. This time I epoxied the cap back on so the pin that sticks thru the top would've shake loose, so far so good. Now I have a spare motor

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

2 weeks later
#836 9 years ago

That's good to know, thanks for posting. I've never gone into the menu on mine.

#838 9 years ago
Quoted from node:

but CPR is a cut above.

Oh for sure and Stu will probably have a really cool extra plastic added like he always does. I'll be in for a set.

1 week later
#840 9 years ago
Quoted from raney:

Hello ya'll dear club members
I've just joined your club for a few days buying an all dusty-dirty-but-lovely SWDE and I'm looking for a hi-res miscture of C3P0 on the front cabinet near coin door.
Mine has its paint damaged and I would like to touch up so i'd need a pic for that ...
Thanks a million for those who will take the time to take a picture for me.
Best Regards from overseas (that's an international club for sure ...)

Hey welcome raney, wish I could help you but mine looks like crap.

1 week later
#851 9 years ago

Any one ever put a mod makers like hooked speaker lights in their game. It would be interesting to see what they look like because of all the printing on the grills. Are those Pyles 4 or 8ohm?

#853 9 years ago

Looks good Dan but wouldn't the round hole have to be bigger in diameter so that the led strip wasn't visible from the outside and how would the led strip exit that circle.

#855 9 years ago
Quoted from Curbfeeler:

Hey Paul. The spacer sits behind the speakers like so. So basically it allows you to have full range speakers without being able to tell they are different than stock. I think for an led version you'd exclude cylinder-shaped holes in the sides of the spaces at about a 50-60 degree angle and shine the lights away from the player, towards the speaker. That would allow some light to glow through the death star. Might look like crap, but might be cool. Not sure, really.
Dan
IMG_4900 (Large).JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_4901 (Large).JPG (Click image to enlarge)

I just can't picture how that would work. I have the lights from hooked and can see how a round one like his square ones would work.

#857 9 years ago

Welcomre to the club and to Pinside. I'd like to help but I've never had that apart so I don't know the inner workings. Sorry. Can anyone else help with this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
PinSound

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
442 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mustangpaul. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.