(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,719 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by ramegoom
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg
20240225_130341 (resized).jpg
20240216_143848 (resized).jpg
R2D2-PLASTIC-FOR-STAR-WARS-DATA-EAST-800x900 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240213_095530 (resized).jpg
IMG_0007 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0005 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4052 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider janus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1645 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh man, sorry guys but I have to leave the club

Why do you have to leave the club?

2 months later
#1745 7 years ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

They look better that way. I tried them both ways in mine.

Probably the best I've seen. However it always pisses me off when people use a green led behind Yoda, he's just not that green. A warm white or even a cool white works for me. That said, I would love to know your recipe!

2 years later
#2958 4 years ago

It doesn't have a physical knocker. That era uses a chirp with the speakers

#2960 4 years ago

Don't know if any Stern/Sega/DE have a physical knocker. Totally agree with you, love a good knocker

#2963 4 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

This machine absolutely has a knocker. It's down in the cabinet to the left of the cabinet speaker.
See this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-replay-knocker

I'll be dammed...mine is gone too

#2967 4 years ago

Just ordered. Had to order a strike plate too, why remove that?

#2969 4 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Maybe they're taking it to be a knocker somewhere else? Who knows? I assumed people just took the coil to fix a game on route, but it looks like you guys are missing the whole thing.

Screw holes were there, and the severed wire

#2977 4 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

$33 knocker in, did not lock on when i turned on the game so happy about that. [quoted image]

I got mine on Friday but out of town for the weekend, it's going in tomorrie. Huh, looks exactly like yours

4 weeks later
#3002 4 years ago

Happy Star Wars day!!!

3 weeks later
#3042 4 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Any one else use their right leg to shoot down the storm troppers? Just tried it and worked well. Tired of losing the dam ball taking my hand off the flipper....

I've trained myself to ignore it, I've lost way too many balls because of that dammed thing. So fun. Every now and then I try and it gets me again...genius

1 month later
#3154 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Official member since today
Rough cabinet but looks like the playfield will be OK after cleaning (wasn’t cleaned for over 10 yrs)

Cabinet condition never really bothered me, playfield is important. Yours looks similar to mine, and I've been happy with mine for six plus years. You will need a colordmd though! That plasma looks so ugly to me now. I recommend the led version for this fine game.

1 week later
#3166 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Only the shot to the dead star. That is a tricky one as it can give you a stdm. Is this normal or is my pin not set up right? Think it’s like 10%? Also I do see sometimes airballs. Not a big issue but they are there. Any comments on this from you guys?[quoted image]

Yes, that is a tricky shot but vital with Chad's new code. It's all I shoot for now, and if you do it right, you'll save the ball most of the time, if you do it wrong, yes, sdtm. That's the fun of pinball to me. Sounds like yours is just right. Have fun mastering your machine.

8 months later
#3472 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Would you guys be OK if the amount of different Playfield Light Shows was reduced in order to be able to add full Speeder Mode?

Don't be silly, get to work

1 week later
#3526 3 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Still mulling over if i want to remove existing code in favor of Chads current code.

Yes, you do...

1 year later
#4023 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeAction:

Inexpensive and fun mod for your SW DE:
I bought these Millenium Falcom, X-wing, Vader’s prototype ship and two Tie Fighters on Amazon

Looks really cool, is this it?

Screenshot_20210730-143123_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210730-143123_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider janus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome?tu=janus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.