(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,719 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by ramegoom
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg
20240225_130341 (resized).jpg
20240216_143848 (resized).jpg
R2D2-PLASTIC-FOR-STAR-WARS-DATA-EAST-800x900 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240213_095530 (resized).jpg
IMG_0007 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0005 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4052 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackaltr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3659 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah my brothers original ROM does that when you hit the start with no credits. Once he swapped out the soundboard with Pinsound it went away. Would be real nice to get that sound clip online so I can add it back

There’s a sound clip on this page https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Star-Wars-Pinball/Jabba-the-Hutt/

#3661 3 years ago

Hi guys, I'm a proud new owner of a Data East Star Wars Pin! It's my first machine and I've had it about a month. I've been going through it and modding a few things during that time. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and collector so my wife rented this machine for fathers day. She figured if she rented a pinball machine it would go back and she wouldn't have another Star Wars item in the house. Oops. Since I've had it I've cleaned and waxed the playfield, replaced the rubbers, rebuilt and modded the pop bumpers to the Williams Bally style, put in new stand up targets, added the side blades, and replaced the generic flippers with Data East among other things. It came with pinsound and an xpin power board and I added an led ocd board as well as a rottendog mpu. I'm working on getting the Pinball hu hu hu added back in.

IMG-6264.jpgIMG-6264.jpgIMG-6258.jpgIMG-6258.jpg
#3663 3 years ago

A colorDMD is definitely on the agenda, as well as some HD glass.

#3665 3 years ago

I’ve got the 1.07 rom. Is there another rom I’d need to get Jabba laughing back? The pin we rented had the laugh but it was 1.04 and didn’t have pinsound. I figured losing it had something to do with the pinsound.

#3668 3 years ago

I got the side blades from ministryofpinball.com. They’re the only ones I found that really matched the art and theme.

AD28B4E8-A8C5-45F8-86E8-F7115F61F384.jpegAD28B4E8-A8C5-45F8-86E8-F7115F61F384.jpegF753C8F4-EB0D-4950-89E3-26C5A78F7D77.jpegF753C8F4-EB0D-4950-89E3-26C5A78F7D77.jpeg
#3671 3 years ago

Seems like shipping took two or three weeks. I ordered them as soon as I decided to buy the pin but before I picked it up. I later ordered the clear plastic that goes behind Jabba’s bounty and it only took a week.

#3677 3 years ago

I don’t imagine you’d have a problem with the BriteCaps Classics. You may have issues with the BriteCaps Evo’s without doing a Williams/Bally style bumper mod. That’s what I did on mine and I love how it turned out. The Evo’s add about 5mm which helps bring the Williams/Bally lenses back up to the appropriate height. No lense rattle and the BriteCaps look awesome.I have the center lamps on them set to be reactive.

2C18D58F-03FF-465B-AE4F-2B89B8332892.jpeg2C18D58F-03FF-465B-AE4F-2B89B8332892.jpegAA61AE79-A237-4C8E-AB91-75ACEA678418 (resized).jpegAA61AE79-A237-4C8E-AB91-75ACEA678418 (resized).jpeg
#3679 3 years ago

Yes they're wire free.

The DE bumper cap is attached directly to the ring and rod assembly by 2 hex spacers. You remove the hex spacers and replace them with a couple 6-32 nylock nuts. The new williams/bally caps screw into the bumper body witch already has the holes to mount them and the BriteCaps Evo's come with the correct length screws to attach them. I save a little money on the caps by buying them as a set for the game RADICAL on marco. It'll be much easier if you unbolt the rods from the metal yoke on the underside of the assembly and remove the rods and ring from the game. If you want to change your bumper body or skirt you'll have to do some soldering in some tight spaces underneath as you have to remove the light socket from inside the bumper body.

bumper (resized).jpgbumper (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3692 3 years ago

Yes, the caps will no longer move, but they no longer rattle and crack either. The desire for it to be more correct is certainly understandable though. I do car restoration and I’m very anal about factory original. I guess you could do this mod but keep the original caps. They still wouldn’t move but it would look closer to being correct.

1 week later
#3693 3 years ago

My Artoo is doing a half hearted little bounce every few seconds. I'm also getting some random "help me obiwan kenobi" dialogs when there shouldn't be. Any Idea where I should start troubleshooting?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 months later
#3820 3 years ago

I'm interested as well

#3831 3 years ago

PM sent.

6 months later
#4036 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Are you talking about the part that holds the target and moves up and down? If so, the 3D print file is readily available.

Mine is a print and it wound up being significantly stronger than the original. I’m very happy with it.

11 months later
#4232 1 year ago
Quoted from gstanczuk:

Recently purchased a DE Star Wars. I am in the process of totally restoring the game. I completed a full checkout of the machine and found a cracked plastic for the Death Star drop target. I purchased the target and plate from Marco, however the guide piece is not available. Does anyone know where to get one or have a good used one for sale? The part number is 545-5351-00. There is a pic of it
[quoted image]

I had a buddy print one up for me. It's stronger than the original.

2 months later
#4292 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Baffles the crap out of me, half the DE pins I have purchased they were missing.

I've been told the knocker coils would frequently get robbed to replace a bad shooter coil when on location.

4 months later
#4412 1 year ago
Quoted from tomtest:

I just picked up a DE SW and love it but the Death Star moving target back plate guide broke and I'm not sure it's repairable, does anyone have one or have a suggestion for making a new one or can do a 3d version, Marco is out of them and I've checked everywhere.

Here is the 3D print file.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3397932

I had a buddy print mine with some kind of super impact resistance media he had left over from his work. I can ask him what it was. Alternatively, I believe you can still get the version of that gate that is set up for three targets and then cut it down to just one like SW takes.

#4413 1 year ago
Quoted from tomtest:

I just picked up a DE SW and love it but the Death Star moving target back plate guide broke and I'm not sure it's repairable, does anyone have one or have a suggestion for making a new one or can do a 3d version, Marco is out of them and I've checked everywhere.

Actually, it looks like it's available again.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5350-00

#4414 1 year ago
Quoted from tomtest:

Just realized you were talking about the guide.

#4415 1 year ago
Quoted from tomtest:

Try this print file.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5448288

7 months later
#4536 5 months ago

I don't know if this is the same as the death star gate. I saw it on ebay and thought I'd post it just in case it would work and somebody needed it.

ebay.com link: itm

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#4593 3 months ago
Quoted from mark532011:

hmmmmmm, I think I may have to get some work done on my ramp. I am pretty sure its not supposed to look like this![quoted image]

https://mantispinball.com/product/star-wars-de-main-ramp/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackaltr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome?tu=jackaltr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.