(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,745 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 minutes ago by mark532011
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8338 (resized).jpg
IMG_8337 (resized).jpg
c7f69cb7e727466a9dbf81e20a2982efb50f5e3d (1) (resized).jpg
20240403_121151 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240403_133710_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240403_121203 (resized).jpg
20240403_121219 (resized).jpg
20240403_121236 (resized).jpg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpg
IMG_8263 (resized).jpg
20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fryeguy7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#302 10 years ago

Hey guys first post in the club but i have a question. I picked up a beautiful star wars locally. I am a huge star wars fan so I am pumped. I am in the process of gutting my game room for remodel so its in storage. However it did have three problems that will need fixed. Would help to know in advance what I am looking at before I get working on it in a couple weeks.

1. Left force hole wont eject the ball.
2. Death Star drop target is stuck in up position.
3. Back box lights wont come on.

This machine was stored unplayed for 15 years. It was home use only that a doctor bought for his sons birthday but got little play and was left unplayed for years. Sorry for the long post but wanted to give back story and get any general ideas of what I may be looking at.

Thanks for any help.

#305 10 years ago

Thanks for the responses guys. I look forward to working on this in the coming months when my game room is finished and I have the time. As for battery damage amazingly there was none. The game was really dirty but the cabinet was about an 8/10 and the playfield was about a 8 or 9 out of 10. The flipper rubber snapped off it was so brittle but considering I got this game for almost nothing I feel very lucky. DMD works great and sound as well, also pops and slings and R-2 work as they should.

Death Star does not spin so would that explain the drop target?

I appreciate you guys helping and when I start I will keep you updated and may need more advice from the Jedi Masters on this thread.

Quoted from RedNeckHunter:You will have to replace a wire harness in the back box that controls the GI in the game. It should look burnt and crispy or maybe just brittle. Follow the wires from the back box lights to find the harness. The left force hole just needs a new switch. You will see a little black switch with a metal wire that pushes down a button on the switch when the ball rolls down into the force hole. Not sure what the problem could be with the Death Star target. Might just need a new motor. And remember...Do or do not...there is no try...

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good advice. With a game that has been sitting that long anything can go bad. OP, any battery acid damage on the CPU board?

#307 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

DE used plastic pop bumper frames, are any of yours cracked?

Not to my knowledge. They functioned fine and I looked at them but did not know they had this issue. When I get the game out of storage I will check again.

1 year later
#907 8 years ago

Hi fellow Star Wars owners...I need some advice. I made the mistake of selling my last Star Wars and immediately regretted it. I found another one and picked it up. Great cabinet and boards but needed a good shopping and rubbers. It was working except the back box lights. However when I got it home it now powers on with no sound and the dmd looks broken (see pics below). I have very little experience working on games other than cleaning and putting on new rubbers. I am going to learn but given what it is doing where should I look first? Also there is a hum coming from the speakers when I power it on but no attract music. I am assuming the bumps getting it into the basement played a large role in this but it was not dropped or anything.

Help me obi wan Kenobi 20150511_140634.jpg20150511_140634.jpg20150511_140658.jpg20150511_140658.jpg

#909 8 years ago

Ok I will do that. I did check but it looked ok. Should I just unplug everything including chips and plug back in?

#911 8 years ago
Quoted from stepside:

I would start with reseating all your ribbon cables before touching any chips. Also make sure all your boards are securely screwed in to the backbox.

Thanks I will report back. I appreciate the help guys!

#913 8 years ago

Thanks for the ideas guys. I tried all the above suggestions but still the same outcome. I just don't know what happened between moving the game till now. I will keep plugging away and if anyone has any ideas to point me toward I would be all ears. I can take more pics if necessary.

Thanks!!

#915 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Did you check the socketed ROMs on the DMD board? I had the same issue a few times and reseating the ROMs fixed it

I pushed them in but I have not taken them out and reseated them. Would an issue with the dmd cause the rest of the machine to just freeze up like this?

#916 8 years ago

By the way PoMC I LOVE the mods you made to yours. Truly awesome.

3 weeks later
#980 8 years ago

Usually I go with an original look on my pins, but since the clears are already on the machine and I don't have the originals...I'll try MustangPauls idea of adding color LEDs (maybe blue!?!)

My Machine came with clear pops also. I thought it was original as well. Can the red pops be purchased anywhere?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fryeguy7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome?tu=fryeguy7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.