(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,744 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c7f69cb7e727466a9dbf81e20a2982efb50f5e3d (1) (resized).jpg
20240403_121151 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240403_133710_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240403_121203 (resized).jpg
20240403_121219 (resized).jpg
20240403_121236 (resized).jpg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpg
IMG_8263 (resized).jpg
20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just finished putting my game back together, had to tig weld the front right tab on the metal ramp and 2 wires on the right wire ramp. Also added were new double clear outlane guides, rechromed R2s head, cleaned and waxed all plastics and pf, led'd top and bottom of pf and bb, new chrome legs and feet, new balls, new rubbers rings, new translight, frame & glass, new pf glass, new bb speaker and lastly took out the shot cab speaker and put a 200 watt 8in. sub under the game.
Here's a picture of it next to Star Trek and Space Shuttle....I call it the 3 S's.
The first game after this 3 month job was 224 million.

I will be putting on 3-4 of Pinballbulbs double spot lights with purple bulbs, it needs more light to be played in a dark room.

SW-ST-SS.JPG 199 KB

Nice work. Can you upload a daylight picture at some point? I'm interested to see how the new lights look and also how the chrome legs look compared to the black.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from RedNeckHunter:

Just wanted to post some pictures of my playfield protector install.
This was what I had to remove in order to place the protector on. Got out the Mr. Clean magic eraser and gave the playfield a good once over and test fit the overlay. Fit really well and had no problems with my Cliffy's hanging up on the force or sarlacc pits.
This is a picture of the playfield once I removed the protective film off the overlay. It looks really close to a clear coat job with a very glossy finish.
All put back together and am pleased with the results.

This is good stuff. I've been waiting for someone to post info about what you've done. I'm going to do the same and would appreciate any tips you have. Such as, did you remove bits that you found out you didn't need to, how long did the whole process take, did you find new problems along the way that slowed you down etc.? I've got one for my The Shadow, but just think ugh, is that going to take me a whole weekend to do?

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from RedNeckHunter:

Hey DMC, glad to give you some more information!

Thanks so much for the info. It's not as daunting as I thought. Great news about the kickback - if mine does that I'd be stoked. I'm sure others here will be interested how you go with the speakers and how the playfield protector goes over time. Keep us posted.

2 weeks later
#139 10 years ago

Hi all, can anyone direct me to the eBay seller who does a lot of the loose (used and not new in box) Micro Machines Titanium Series? There was a link on one of these Star Wars posts a while back but I can't find it. Has anyone else modded their DESW with these toys. Thanks to those of you who have already shared their Micro Machines pics.

1 year later
#1090 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hmmmm look what I found lying on the cab floor, the cover for the Death Star motor. I pushed it back on but of course it doesn't want to stay because when the pf in down it's upside down and falls off. The Death Star has been revolving with no problems but I don't know how long the cover has been off. Anyone have this problem and knows how to fix this?

It's the same as the R2D2 motor. My cover is loose as well. Not sure how to fix it though. Cable ties?

2 weeks later
#1128 8 years ago

Just finished a shop job on mine. Heaps of work. Happy with the outcome. There's still a few things I want to do but can put it back in the bank with my other pins now.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#1132 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Very nice, like you led color placement in the bb.

Thanks. It's not blown out with hotspots in person. Might take out the green on Yoda he's green but not that green.

#1133 8 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Has anyone made an apron based lcd for their starwars?
Just having a look at available lcd's and im not sure on the size that would fit.
5" hdmi lcd's seem to be the closest to be around the size of the data east logo as i'm looking to have it between the flippers.
Glass clearance seems to be an issue as there is only around 10mm at the narrowest point.
This one (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5-inch-800x480-Touch-LCD-Screen-5-Display-For-Raspberry-Pi-Pi2-Model-B-A-Worldwide/32394922313.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.11.FtWUqP ) seems too thick with its gpio connector on the back.
These ones would have the hdmi cable and usb hanging out the side. (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5-inch-LCD-HDMI-Touch-Screen-Display-Module-TFT-LCD-800-480-Banana-Pi-Raspberry-Pi/32367583439.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.20.7ME5kE)

I was looking at doing something similar with DMD Extender. I think I was looking at the second monitor you listed. I was going to get a used apron if possible and cut out the bit where the instruction card goes and mount the monitor there - below the apron. I was looking around on Amazon though, not AliExpress.

3 months later
#1259 8 years ago
Quoted from JFirenze:

So toying with taking my maylar protectors off and using Novus 2 to clean and applying a coat of wax. Or should i leave them on? Anyone have any good results with the "whole field" protectors?

I took off the sling Mylar protectors and polished the whole playfield and then I put on one of those Lexan playfield protectors. It's looks great and plays nicely. Took a lot of stripping and cleaning to get it on but it was worth it for me.

2 months later
#1526 8 years ago

Left the club a couple of days ago. DESW was my first pin and I spent many hours and dollars making it better. It's great fun and has so many cool features. I thought I'd keep it forever, but my space was full and I bought a GoT Pro, so something needed to go. The buyer is a good guy and is going to put in on site with upgraded speakers and a Pinsound system. He's already put some figurines in it and applies chrome t-moulding. I'd like to think I lit this game particularly well with good LEDs, strips and spots and hope that it catches people's attention on location. Enjoy your games everyone, I will lurk here for a while longer if that's okay.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1535 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Wow, what a great looking machine! Was your playfield clearcoated? It looks much smoother and shinier than mine...

It's a lexan playfield protector. They look great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome?tu=dmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.