(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,744 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c7f69cb7e727466a9dbf81e20a2982efb50f5e3d (1) (resized).jpg
20240403_121151 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240403_133710_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240403_121203 (resized).jpg
20240403_121219 (resized).jpg
20240403_121236 (resized).jpg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpg
IMG_8263 (resized).jpg
20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheezywhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#258 10 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

2. He never Looks at you head on. He always had this "Oh, I am looking away.. oh.. I am not looking at you" look to him. Again, had to be fixed.

This kind of annoys me as well. How did you fix it?

1 month later
#332 10 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

After I installed a new flipper rebuild kit on my SWDE I keep getting air balls off the center ramp. Has anyone had the same problem and was able to stop it from happening? Worried I'm going to lose my R2.

Wow. Strong flippers! Too strong, probably. I've never gotten an air ball when shooting the ramp.

Ah.. I miss my SW machine. Had to lend it to a friend to make room for my current project machine.

4 months later
#424 9 years ago

Rarely captured on camera.. the illusive super combo.

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Awesome! I've only ever seen it by manually throwing the ball around.
So much nicer with those added sound calls, don'tcha think?

Yeah, Chad. The sound calls are the only reason I know the combo exists! I was playing on Saturday and heard the Leia sfx and looked up to see COMBO. First time I've encountered it in the hundreds of games I've played on this machine. So I googled it and found your rule sheet that explained the shots. Sunday I set out to get it on video. Let's just say that it took more than a few attempts. =)

#430 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

My question is does anyone have a pic of theirs with mirror blades on that they could share? Very curious howxthese look on the game! I know the pf is tight, so which company really sells the "thinnest" blades? Thanks!

I'd love to see a pic of this, too.. I bet it looks great. I wouldn't want to install them in my own machine, though. I don't think they would last long without getting scratched to hell.

#433 9 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

I didn't even know a super combo existed. I will be trying for that after work. So Xwing, Ramp, Left orbit, Force in that order?

Yep. And you can't hit any stray switches in the process or it cancels the combo. So no grazing a pop bumper when shooting the left orbit, no hyperspace drop target when shooting the ramp, no slingshots when trying for the scoop. There's no timer (as far as I could tell) so you can take your time on that last shot.

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

If anyone is decent at Star Wars and would like to video a game with the 1.04 rom that shows off a bunch of the new code, that would be great! There's really nothing out there right now. One video talks about the new code and then goes on to show a game using the old code.

You mean a tutorial video? I've never done one, but I could try sometime.

I recorded a decent game (330 mil pts) over the weekend while I was trying to capture the super combo but the camera is the same as my combo video and not directly overhead like the PAPA videos. I could put it on youtube if anyone finds it helpful.

#477 9 years ago

Hey all.. just uploaded a gameplay video. I rigged up my iPhone on a ladder for a better angle. Not quite up to PAPA quality (in videography AND pinball skill), but it's something. =) I had just cleaned and waxed the game the day before and it was playing fast.

Some highlights:
Empire mode completed
tri-ball jackpot & super jackpot
victory lap
AT-AT mode completed

Unfortunately, as is the case with this game, many of the modes/awards were competing for use of the DMD so some awards are not always clear.

#478 9 years ago

Chad, you might know the answer to this.. are the Yoda awards completely random or is there some logic behind the choices he give you? For instance.. if you already played Tri-Ball, will he still possibly offer you another Tri-Ball for free or is there logic to prevent that?

I suspect it's purely random.

#491 9 years ago

I have my fingers crossed for an eventual 1.05 ROM. *nudge nudge*

Some suggestions:

– longer timer in Return of the Jedi mode (it's frustratingly worthless currently)

– fix the bug where you have the super Force award/mode ready (Empire/Jedi/EB/25M), but hitting the kickback unlights the scoop

– automatically end the speeder animation early and give the award (with a menu toggle, ideally)

..I had a couple more suggestions, but I can't recall them at the moment.

#500 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Or just return this mode to it's full glory.

I sometimes wonder how that mode was supposed to work if it was fully implemented.

I imagine that you would move the speeder up and down between two "tracks" with the launcher. Perhaps you had to dodge trees for 10 seconds and occasionally shoot your way through "bad guys". Since those are scout troopers on the speeders, I assume they would be shooting ewoks (which may be a huge clue as to why the mode was nixed -- dead ewoks = bad for kiddies).

#501 9 years ago

Just re-watched the whole speeder mode animation. It actually shows Leia on a speeder in the background, so I guess it wouldn't have been a game of shooting ewoks.

1 month later
#591 9 years ago

Sad to say, I'm in the mood for something Stern at the moment, so I'm looking to move out my current machines -- including my DESW. Hope I don't regret it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-de-star-wars-3400

2 months later
#719 9 years ago

I had a marathon game last night and came across a possible bug. I earned an extra ball on ball 2 through the hidden force scoop award (the one you need to reveal by removing the 4 quadrants). I eventually drained and started my extra ball.

While playing the EB, I had 10 or so ramp shots already so I focused on the ramp to try and earn another EB. I got the required 18th shot, but no EB was awarded. I shot a few more ramps to see what would happen.. nothing.

I double checked my adjustments. The game EB limit is set to 3, so I don't understand why the EB wasn't awarded.

Anyone else have this problem?

#721 9 years ago
Quoted from joelleoj:

I've noticed if you score an extra ball with the score (i.e. over 150,000 on my machine) on the first or second ball before you get the 18th ramp, the Extra Ball isn't awarded. I haven't done it many times to pinpoint exactly what's happening.

Interesting. I was well over 150m (and had already scored the victory lap shot) when it happened.

#727 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Cheezywhiz,
I am unable to replicate the bug you are describing with hitting the kickback when Super Force Award is lit. Can you describe this in more detail?
Has anyone else seen this?

Yeah, it's happened to me numerous times.. although not 100% of the time.

Most often, I see it when I hit the force scoop to collect the last quadrant award. The game relight the force scoop and will tell you to 'use the force' for the big reward, then the ball ejects and sometimes ricochets into the kickback lane. The kickback fires the ball back into play and the game unlights the force scoop for no reason.

I'll pull off the glass tonight and try to see if I can regularly reproduce the bug.

#728 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I am wondering now if it would be better to ALWAYS have the 18th shot offer it up regardless of if you got it elsewhere previously or not.

There are other games that take away an extra ball opportunity if you do things out of order. TZ comes to mind. I'm fine with it as is — it adds an element of strategy. Now that I know how it works, I'll be sure to go for the ramp EB early if I see EB among the force awards.

3 months later
#845 9 years ago

Found another bug today. Line up Super Laser Kick at the Force scoop. Let the ball hit the kickback. While the kickback light is flashing, hit the scoop to get the award. Except.. you don't get the award. The light stops flashing and the the kickback is not active.

1 month later
#883 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Ever wonder what the original Video Mode in Star Wars was like?
Wonder no longer...
» YouTube video

Cool! It doesn't look very difficult and quite time consuming just for 10M. Perhaps that's part of the reason it was pulled.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheezywhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome?tu=cheezywhiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.