(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,744 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c7f69cb7e727466a9dbf81e20a2982efb50f5e3d (1) (resized).jpg
20240403_121151 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240403_133710_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240403_121203 (resized).jpg
20240403_121219 (resized).jpg
20240403_121236 (resized).jpg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpg
IMG_8263 (resized).jpg
20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 10 years ago

Couple quick thoughts...Any credit dots? Correct number of balls? Does it go into attract mode? Is it the coil not firing a ball? Looking at fuses not always good...Need to test them. Did you change bulbs with power on?

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Echoratz:

To billsfanmd, attract mode works, there is the correct number of balls and the coil does fire in diagnostic mode. I did not test the fuses, I only did visual...I will do that, was about to order a whole new set of fuses just to be sure. I also did not change the bulbs with power on, altho there is a light to the right of death star that comes on and off on occasion when the target is hit. I'm not sure what you mean by credit dots, sorry.

I would reseat every connector in the backbox. Use a multimeter and check for continuity on each fuse (pull one end out) Im a little rusty on Data East but on wpc games there will be a lit dot on lower right side of the dmd and the game will dong three times when you turn on to tell you there is a error somewhere.

#136 10 years ago

Hope this is ok to post here... I am going to add a Data East in the next few months. I have played both SW and JP...Loved both movie franchises. It seems most of my pin friends have told me JP is the better pin.More shots, variety and great toy. Have played SW several times and thought it was fun to play. Love the ramp and death star. Anyone here had to choose between SW and another DE pin? I think the new code will def help but some say there is still limited stuff to do on SW...Thanks for any thoughts.

2 weeks later
#184 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just got the word from Stu at CPR, they have the scans to do the plastics but licensing is holding it up.

I dont really understand how licensing on an older game works...SW is prob a billion dollar franchise...Lets say they make 50 sets of plastics at $150 a set. If you do the math and they have to give 20% to Lucas/Disney then it seems its a couple thousand dollars total...Not worth the money for a Disney lawyer to even answer the phone to do this? Shame there is not an easier way.

#203 10 years ago

I once was missing the diverter on my whirlwind. Impossible to find. A guy on RGP made me a perfect copy. You never know. There are alot of very creative people that work with metal. Someone could fab one or modify an existing wireform from another pin.

Quoted from Astropin:

Looks like my restore might be all for not.
Missing the wireform Death Star ramp and those simply can not be found. Looks like I might be forced to part this game out
I'll give it a little time to see if I can come up with one....but I'm not holding my breath. Someone mentioned that the loop ramp from Lethal Weapon might be modifiable to fit......but of course you can't find those either.

1 week later
#265 10 years ago

All these upgrades look great. I am on the fence about Getting sw but this makes it tempting

Really like the target decals and the painted Death Star . Reminds me if the mm castle where guys paint it to look more realistic

1 year later
#1110 8 years ago

I have 2 yellow stand up targets that are for DE SW...Was not sure how hard they were to find. If interested send me a PM.

#1113 8 years ago

Pics of targets. Had a few inquiries. $20 shipped I believe these are correct for sw

image.jpgimage.jpg

10 months later
#1766 7 years ago

Is there a nice tutorial vid with new code?Any version.

#1774 7 years ago

Back in the club....Great pin!

Quick question on flippers. I have a correct coils but it seems I can barley make ramp with right flipper. Left flipper makes it but needs to be clean shot. Other DE pins I have worked on the flippers blast the ball all over the place...

Are most SW flippers this strength? Don't think I'm going to change them but not the airball fest I have seen on other DE pins.

#1777 7 years ago

I'll check. Thx Tim.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome?tu=billsfanmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.