(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,744 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c7f69cb7e727466a9dbf81e20a2982efb50f5e3d (1) (resized).jpg
20240403_121151 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240403_133710_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240403_121203 (resized).jpg
20240403_121219 (resized).jpg
20240403_121236 (resized).jpg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpg
IMG_8263 (resized).jpg
20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zolzar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 10 years ago

My second pin. I installed LED's through the entire machine and installed mirror blades. I also took the time to polish the playfield with the Treasure Cove kit. Still surprised I got the playfield back together with no extra parts! I also added under cab LED color changing lighting. Lastly I upgraded the rules. Actually I purchased the update before owned the pin! Lol...I was set on getting a DESW!

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

With having to lift the entire pf up then back to raise it up how are the blades holding up?

The blades are very tight but there is just enough clearance to prevent any scratches. I have lifted the playfield about four time since installing them and so far so good.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Really I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

I lifted the playfield this weekend to clean the cabinet and relocated the knocker and routine the pop bumpers.... no scratches!!

As for the knocker I moved it and its striking plate to the side of the cabinet. I am much more pleased with the volume of the knocker. LOUD!!!

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Just throwing an idea out there... has anyone ever tried to make a decal?
I did it with the upper playfield of a Grand Lizard and it took a while to create and was costly. But in the case of the Lizard I found very few high rez photos online of an actually good quality lizard so it was a lot of search and a lot of trial and error to get the size right.
The cabinet strikes me as much easier. Shouldn't be too hard to fine high rez images of a cabinet in great shape... and it's basically a rectangle so measurements should be easy.
Or would that be considered blasphamy to put a decal over the silk screen.

Mine cab is pretty bad. I would love a set of decals should anybody be able to make them.

2 months later
#182 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just got the word from Stu at CPR, they have the scans to do the plastics but licensing is holding it up.

Let's hope CPR can get this moving. A new set of plastics would make my machine complete!

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay....need some member help.
I have an SW that needs a LOT of work. Right now I'm focusing on fixing under the playfield wiring issues (lot of wires not connected to anything).
This is my first SW so I really have no idea where the wires connect.
Can someone take some hi-res pictures of the underside (maybe break it up into 4-6 sections to get closeups) and send them to me? You would probably have to email them one at a time.
Please.......and thank you. I need to know if this puppy really works right before I dump more cash into it.

I can help you out with some nice high res pics. I'll try to get them after work tomorrow. PM me you email. I'll get you what you need.

10 months later
#746 9 years ago

Here is my Star Wars after upgrading my GI LED's. Also has the mirror blades. Just as a side note while installing the new GI bulbs I had to lift and lower the play field many times and did so without scratching the blades. Just use caution as it is tight. image.jpgimage.jpg

3 months later
#886 8 years ago

Ugh! I would love to have that video mode on my machine! It looks easy but who cares. Changes up the pace a little. Heck, the video mode on STTNG is easy after learning the pattern. It's just nice to change things up a little.

1 month later
#1014 8 years ago

Guys and Gals,
I'm looking for a little feedback on redoing my cab. It's beat. Faded...poorly touched up and just in poor shape. My dilemma is the color. I have a set of black decals and would paint the cab black. I am having second thoughts on this and wonder if I should stick with blue.
Thoughts anyone?

Thanks!

#1021 8 years ago

I may go ahead and give the black a shot. Might look good. My buddy owns a power coating business so the legs and other hardware could be whatever I like. If I don't like the color I can always blast and coat again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zolzar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome?tu=Zolzar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.