(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,744 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c7f69cb7e727466a9dbf81e20a2982efb50f5e3d (1) (resized).jpg
20240403_121151 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240403_133710_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240403_121203 (resized).jpg
20240403_121219 (resized).jpg
20240403_121236 (resized).jpg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpg
IMG_8263 (resized).jpg
20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marco1973.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2954 5 years ago

Hi.
In the picture attached there are two arrows showing two points where in my machine two lamp sockets are placed; unfortunately without cables.

Could someone please take a picture of the under playfield part where this cable are, so to see where they are connected ?

Thank you for your help.

May the force be with you all

particolare-sw (resized).jpgparticolare-sw (resized).jpg
#2956 5 years ago

Hi. Thank you. I solved the problem.

2 months later
#3107 4 years ago

Hi.
After month of work yesterday I turned on my restored pin.
It functions really good and perfect with only one problem: the death star is not turning.
If I hold with one hand the pivot that allows the star to rotate, I can feel small tremors, but the pivot is not rotating.
Did anyone had the same problem ?

#3111 4 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

HONESTLY, this is kinda what I felt before even buying this kit.....and is most likely what I will just do from now on for all my other machines.
I can handle purchasing generic crossovers and speakers myself...and couldn't possibly be more work than I put into this one already....
Again, not to knock it, but frankly.....paying up for a kit is for the convenience of it being a plug and play kit.....and this was not.
My final result of quality was mostly due to my own electronic background detail. And I will most likely adjust their crossover myself when I get around to it.
For a plug and play hobbiest, sure....guess it wasn't for me (well....not at THAT price point)....
Edit: I did not intend to make it sound like their crossover etc had an actual problem, as they certainly know what they are doing, I'm sure. What I should have said was I may consider modifying it to suit what I believe sounds better in that particular game.

Can you please tell us the features of the woofer and of the crossover you installed ? Size, ohm, ...

So to allow us to make a test and give you a feedback with our opinion, even if I think you are right.

#3120 4 years ago
Quoted from sqloud:

Glad to join the club!
I have a question: is the behavior of the playfield lighting seen in the video normal?

Surely not.

#3121 4 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

This is the guide i followed. got my crossover and speaker from parts-express.
http://www.dziedzic.us/wpc_speaker_replacement.html

I will read it during this weekend. Thank you

#3122 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

My guess: the plastic cogwheels in the motor are shot. You can get a replacement motor for apprx. 80 USD.

So I decided to open the motor before buying a new one.
Picture in attachment.
The plastic wheels inside are fine and working.
The main one, which is mounted on the motor, was out of his joint.
I will check now the motor again.
Feednback will come in a few days.

death star motor opened (resized).jpgdeath star motor opened (resized).jpg
#3126 4 years ago
Quoted from sqloud:

Any idea how to troubleshoot?

It seems the lamp circuit doesn't open itself after closing.
Give us please more infos.
Check if all the lamps are making it or only some. If only some tell us the numbers.

#3128 4 years ago

I'm not a technician but I will try 2 things.
1. have a look at all the lamp sockets, ensuring that in noone the 2 or 3 socket feets do not touches each other creating some short
2. take out the bulbs one at a time. If nothing changes, re insert the one you toke out and go on with the other. The lamp list (lamp matrix) is on page 26 of the manual.

I hope you have it.

#3134 4 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

So a question should this plastic sit perfectly flat when mounted? The scoop seems to sit to high causing the plastic to be bent around it to mount correctly. Both scoops on playfield are the same height, and the old plastic was bent to fit. Just not sure if that is normal or something is up[quoted image]

It' normal. Changed all the plastics last month. Same problem. The old one was curved. Buit after replacing and closing the nuts, you will not remember it.

#3135 4 years ago
Quoted from bellenic:

Hello all,
I decided to replace all the incandescant bulbs in my recently acquired DE SW with modern leds, but did not want to buy a full set from pinball dealers for several reasons, one of them being the price in regard with what I am ready to pay for.
I identified the types of led I would need (socket, voltage, DC or AC, with frozen blud or not, etc...) then I ordered them directly from china , from Aliexpress.
Here are my choices. I will try to give you an honest feedback for each.
-#906 12V DC flashers (9 located on the front). Bought this pack at 2,69€ (free shipping): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32883026450.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.19626c37eB21VT
--Feedback: Received them yesterday: Everything work, flash as expected; very bright and cold white. Ok because located behind the backglass, but not for direct view (expect if you want to become blind quickly).
-#555 6V led AC (almost 90 located everywhere in the front and playfield); Bought this 100 pack at 18€ (free shipping): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32919018767.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.771f6c37eAnezh
--Feedback: Asked seller for a mixed color set for same price, what he accepted. Waiting for delivery
-#BA9S 6V led AC (estimation of 43 located on and under playfield); Bought this 50 'cold white' pack at 15€ (free shipping); https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32961159217.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.771f6c37eAnezh
-#BA15S 12V DC flashers (12 or 13 identified on and under the playfield); Bought 15 of this 'cold white' at 8€ (free shipping); https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32950049376.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.771f6c37eAnezh
I'll keep you informed.

No leds for the backbox ?

1 week later
#3144 4 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Looking for quick help!!
A new pinball friend ask if I wanted to stop over. He has a SW with I think he said 1.04 code. Looking for someone with 1.07 code to email me the already extracted and patched file, I have never done patch nonsense and will not have time to do before tonight.
Could someone help me out.
[email protected]
Thanks much

I can't help youbut keep on telling how it goes. I'm interested in studying it.

#3145 4 years ago
Quoted from bellenic:

Some feedback:
All LEDs received and globally work well
Things to consider :
-ba9s LEDs Few bulbs are used unhide, with plastic cover on top of them (3 yellow one upon hyperspace, I red close to launcher). You cannot replace them with led of other shape (like the one I chose), as the plastic cap won't fit on them and the visual result is not nice .
-ba15s flashers dc: I discovered that hard way that 70% of ba15s sockets where soldes the wrong way. Apparently it is common to all de pinball. I should have chose ac/dc LEDs, I now have to resold several wire.

Thanks for reporting. I ordered "your" 555 too.
Go on please telling how they are.
I will receive mine in about one month.

2 months later
#3213 4 years ago
Quoted from bellenic:

Hello all,
My death star sometimes turns clokwise and sometimes anticlockwise (I think it is normal behaviour).
When turning anticlockwise only, the motor/gearing is very noisy. Sounds like a gearing sound..
Did you experience the same behaviour ? I open the gearting to look what's inside, but I don't want to make it worse, as it is still working.
Is it a risky operation (for somebody used to open/repair things..) ? Are you aware of any schema or post somewhere about fixing this gearing ?
Thanks.

If you look some posts ago, you will find more of us had the same problem. You can open it hoping you only need some grease. It can be even one gear not perfectly fitted. The inside parts are really easy to be reinstalled. You can't do wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marco1973.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome?tu=Marco1973 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.