(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,744 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c7f69cb7e727466a9dbf81e20a2982efb50f5e3d (1) (resized).jpg
20240403_121151 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240403_133710_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240403_121203 (resized).jpg
20240403_121219 (resized).jpg
20240403_121236 (resized).jpg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpg
IMG_8263 (resized).jpg
20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1737 7 years ago

I just noticed this topic posted on this thread (about a year after the fact), but I figured I would post now.

I was looking through the thread mainly because I have never seen anyone post any pics of a Speaker Light Kit on a DE: Star Wars. Pretty strange since I have seen them posted for Tommy, WWFRR, TFTC, JP and LAH. These games all have the same speaker panel type.

The question posed in the year old post was about how the light kits would look behind the Death Star painted grills. The answer is...they will look just like a Speaker Light Kit mounted behind a plain speaker grill. The light being behind the painted grills makes it so you can't see the painted design on them for the most part. The way you should mount a light kit for it to look good (in my opinion) with painted grills is to mount the light frame IN FRONT of the painted grills. This looks very good in most cases. I have attached a couple of pics to show this on a Last Action Hero. You will notice with the picture of the light frames behind the grills...you can't see the ticket design at all. When the light kit is placed in front of the grills it lights the painted design up nicely. Some speaker light kits made by others can not be mounted in this way...so you are stuck with mounting the lights behind the painted grills and losing their painted designs.

The post was also discussing using the Speaker Light Kits with upgraded speakers that have extended tweeters. This is not a problem with my Speaker Light Kits. They will work fine with the Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pro speakers that have the spacer rings attached to the front of them (and the hardware needed in this case is included with my Speaker Light Kits). Again...this is not the case with the other guy's speaker light kits. My Speaker Light Kits will also work with other upgraded speakers and spacers as long as they are 5/8" thick. If they vary much thicker or thinner than that you will have to get different hardware with the length depending on how thick the speaker spacer you use is.

My light kits also keep the lights away from the edge of the speaker holes so they are not blinding or in direct view. It doesn't look like a light ring showing back in the speaker hole. It is a lit up area behind the panel. The light strips come out of the corner of the light frame so there are no dead spot gaps where the lights run into the lighted area on one of the sides.

A bit late, but I hope this answers the questions,

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Speaker_Light_Kit_with_upgraded_speaker_in_JP_style_speaker_panel_(resized).JPGSpeaker_Light_Kit_with_upgraded_speaker_in_JP_style_speaker_panel_(resized).JPG

02_grills_behind_light_frames_(resized).jpg02_grills_behind_light_frames_(resized).jpg

01_grills_in_front_of_light_frames_(resized).jpg01_grills_in_front_of_light_frames_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#1746 7 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

How much and would they work in a Roadshow. (No longer in the DESW club)

I don't sell them for Bally / Williams games...others do. Bally / Williams games have one small speaker hole and one large speaker hole. That's a visual issue that I have yet to see overcome without major speaker panel modifications or making a new speaker panel.

#1747 7 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Probably the best I've seen. However it always pisses me off when people use a green led behind Yoda, he's just not that green. A warm white or even a cool white works for me. That said, I would love to know your recipe!

I'm with you there. The green light behind Yoda always looks off. I'm not sure if it is the color of the green or the brightness of it. I've also thought it might be because some of the green always bleeds off around him.

The purple Death Star and dark blue Vader look really nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome?tu=DugFreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.