(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,774 posts
  • 414 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by Greyhound
  • Topic is favorited by 199 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2024-06-12 16.47.53 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-06-20 143529 (resized).png
2024-06-12 16.47.53 (resized).jpg
2024-06-13 10.41.51 (resized).jpg
bounty hunter graphic (resized).jpg
InGame (resized).jpeg
Outside (resized).jpeg
Inside (resized).jpeg
DS Hole (resized).jpg
IMG_8343 (resized).jpg
IMG_8340 (resized).jpg
IMG_8342 (resized).jpg
IMG_8344 (resized).jpg
IMG_8338 (resized).jpg
IMG_8337 (resized).jpg
c7f69cb7e727466a9dbf81e20a2982efb50f5e3d (1) (resized).jpg
There are 4,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 96.
#4751 74 days ago

What I did - I taped a cereal box circle on the inside of the Death Star. The circle was the same size as the smooth circle that is at the top of the dome. Then I put a small amount of baking soda in the hole that was there. I then dripped liquid super glue over the baking soda. This enclosed the hole. It dries in less than 30 seconds. After that, I turned the Death Star over, removed the taped in circle of cereal box, put a very thin layer of baking soda in the circle at the top of the dome and dripped more super glue over that. After the super glue, I drizzle baking powder over the wet glue. You only want to make it as thick as the Death Star, but if you get too thick, you can sand it down. I drilled a hole in the new formed plastic, and put it on the machine. I didn't even paint it. All in all, it took less than 1/2 hour.

Sorry I didn't take more pictures, but I was so excited to get it done.

Inside (resized).jpegInside (resized).jpegOutside (resized).jpegOutside (resized).jpeg
#4752 74 days ago

This is the finished product in game. It works better than it ever did before! And is much stronger.

InGame (resized).jpegInGame (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4753 59 days ago

There is a lot of knowledge I've accessed here during my SW restoration so thank you all. I've wrapped up my playfield restoration and have an issue with the double x-wing targets. The bounce back from these 2 targets is insane. The ball will bounce over the flippers, hit the glass and drain or into the shooter lane. It should be noted that when I replaced the 2 targets I kept the metal angle back brace brackets (535-5116-00). I also did, among many things, a full flipper rebuild with new coils etc.

Has anyone else had this problem or can make recommendations on a fix?

#4754 59 days ago
Quoted from Greyhound:

There is a lot of knowledge I've accessed here during my SW restoration so thank you all. I've wrapped up my playfield restoration and have an issue with the double x-wing targets. The bounce back from these 2 targets is insane. The ball will bounce over the flippers, hit the glass and drain or into the shooter lane. It should be noted that when I replaced the 2 targets I kept the metal angle back brace brackets (535-5116-00). I also did, among many things, a full flipper rebuild with new coils etc.

I had issues with the targets I used bending backward, causing air balls. They needed to have some sort of brace put on to keep them from bending, but I sold it quickly before I had a chance to fix it.

#4755 59 days ago

It was recommended that I keep those braces behind the targets for that reason Kawydud . I'm wondering if I can deaden them somehow. Maybe new flippers and coils are too strong.

#4756 59 days ago
Quoted from Greyhound:

Did you add the firm foam backing sponge?

#4757 58 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Did you add the firm foam backing sponge?

I have not. I see the manual calls for 626-5006-00. It looks like PL has something close
https://www.pinballlife.com/target-backing-foam.html

#4758 58 days ago
Quoted from Greyhound:

I have not. I see the manual calls for 626-5006-00. It looks like PL has something close
https://www.pinballlife.com/target-backing-foam.html

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5029-00
This is almost OEM from sega manual.

#4759 58 days ago

Thanks for the help vec-tor ! I cut some to fit with some 3m backed foam to those dimensions. Did the trick. Added to my cart for the next Marco order.

#4760 58 days ago
Quoted from Greyhound:

Thanks for the help vec-tor ! I cut some to fit with some 3m backed foam to those dimensions. Did the trick. Added to my cart for the next Marco order.

Excellent.

1 week later
#4761 45 days ago

I managed to make my machine boot, and I'm getting close to the goal to have a perfectly working game but now what I experienced is very strange: the display runs with very low FPS. At the skillshoit the TIE fighter is just appearing here and there, like instead of the normal approx 6-7 FPS it runs just 2-3 frame per second. Any idea?

#4762 45 days ago
Quoted from mark532011:

woohoo, just joined the clubs....
wait, there are 92 pages to wade through????[quoted image]

Without seeing a video it's hard to say, I do know it's not exactly "fluid" video, so it may just be normal. It could also be that the ROM is getting old and could be due replacement. I suppose it could also be a power supply issue, which these Data Easts are known for having issues with. Poor power supply voltages can cause weird anomalies to happen, not saying this it it but could be.

#4763 45 days ago
Quoted from STLOkie:

Without seeing a video it's hard to say, I do know it's not exactly "fluid" video, so it may just be normal. It could also be that the ROM is getting old and could be due replacement. I suppose it could also be a power supply issue, which these Data Easts are known for having issues with. Poor power supply voltages can cause weird anomalies to happen, not saying this it it but could be.

I have a new power supply board, voltage is perfect now. ROM is new, CPU new, RAM new.
I know how it should be, since this is one of my favourite games. I will try to make a video tomorrow

2 weeks later
#4764 30 days ago

maybe a long shot, but any of yall have a spare of the boba fett plastic that lives up by the death star?

tryin to avoid buying a whole set of plastics just for one exploded piece haha

#4765 30 days ago
Quoted from Eduardolicious:

maybe a long shot, but any of yall have a spare of the boba fett plastic that lives up by the death star?
tryin to avoid buying a whole set of plastics just for one exploded piece haha

I dont have a spare but I have a scanned in image that can be used to create a replacement if you make one.

bounty hunter graphic (resized).jpgbounty hunter graphic (resized).jpg
#4766 30 days ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I dont have a spare but I have a scanned in image that can be used to create a replacement if you make one.
[quoted image]

I was able to add a 3rd support spacer by the legs. It stopped the plastic piece from breaking.

#4767 29 days ago

I'm hoping someone can help here. As part of the restoration, I was hoping to partially disassemble the Happ shifter to clean and replace the decal. According to the diagram the handle should be able to be removed from the black plastic knuckle, but I've had no luck. Thanks!

2024-06-12 16.47.53 (resized).jpg2024-06-12 16.47.53 (resized).jpg2024-06-13 10.41.51 (resized).jpg2024-06-13 10.41.51 (resized).jpg
#4768 29 days ago

Ah I got it. Tug hard lol. Silly but apparently you have to entirely disassemble this mech in order to put a new decal on it.

#4769 25 days ago

Hey all,

I’m looking to replace the dome of my R2-D2. I picked up the replacement chrome dome that’s available on Marco but I’d like to find a replacement that looks more like R2. Plus, the clear blue piece that fits in the dome is cracked. Does anyone know of a better replacement?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
A

#4770 25 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I was able to add a 3rd support spacer by the legs. It stopped the plastic piece from breaking.

I made a clear plastic protector that goes over it.

#4771 24 days ago
Quoted from toolbox195:

Hey all,
I’m looking to replace the dome of my R2-D2. I picked up the replacement chrome dome that’s available on Marco but I’d like to find a replacement that looks more like R2. Plus, the clear blue piece that fits in the dome is cracked. Does anyone know of a better replacement?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
A

I am interested as well. I was thinking I could 3d print one but I don't know how well the chrome spray paint works and if it would look decent.

#4772 22 days ago

Heu Guys, I am looking for some advice on how to proceed. Working my way through my Star Wars, I noticed the R2D2 does not move up and down (dance.)

I thought it might be a bad coil (or diode) as it does not move in the diagnostics coil tests, but checking the wiring with a meter I am not getting any voltage to the wires when the diagnostic fires it.

Looking at the schematic, I am thinking my next step would be to check and see if the Brown/Black wire from Pin 1 goes all the way to the coil successfully.

after that, replace Q30??

Screenshot 2024-06-20 143529 (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-06-20 143529 (resized).png
#4773 22 days ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Heu Guys, I am looking for some advice on how to proceed. Working my way through my Star Wars, I noticed the R2D2 does not move up and down (dance.)
I thought it might be a bad coil (or diode) as it does not move in the diagnostics coil tests, but checking the wiring with a meter I am not getting any voltage to the wires when the diagnostic fires it.
Looking at the schematic, I am thinking my next step would be to check and see if the Brown/Black wire from Pin 1 goes all the way to the coil successfully.
after that, replace Q30??[quoted image]

1) do a quick gnd test on the anode side, Browm-Black wire.
if solenoid activates, then gnd test Q30.

#4774 16 days ago

Hi Guys. Can anyone tell me how to remove the button (2) from the end of the Shooter handle?

2024-06-12 16.47.53 (resized).jpg2024-06-12 16.47.53 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 96.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.