(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,719 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by ramegoom
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg
20240225_130341 (resized).jpg
20240216_143848 (resized).jpg
R2D2-PLASTIC-FOR-STAR-WARS-DATA-EAST-800x900 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240213_095530 (resized).jpg
IMG_0007 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0005 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4052 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,719 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 95.
#3501 3 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I would say maybe a blend of both, 50M seems to low for a high score, maybe start at 75M. 250 to 300m for a GC works for me

This is what I am thinking for Default High Scores...

Original game: 400M, 350M, 300M, 250M, 200M, 150M
2012 update: 350M, 300M, 250M, 200M, 150M, 100M
Future update: 300M, 200M, 150M, 125M, 100M, 75M

#3502 3 years ago

I would be happy with those default high scores

#3503 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

To clarify... some of the different varieties of light shows played at various game play moments will have to be sacrificed to make space for Speeder Mode. But whenever a playfield light show plays in the game during those moments, one will still play... but it would have to be one of the remaining 6-8 light shows.

Yes. That will be addressed also for sure! Back when I made the code mod for Star Wars, I didn't understand how that worked but I've since learned so much more from working on the other Data East games.
In fact, let me know if there's any additional tweaks you guys would like to see from v.1.07.

Please include the outlane swtich ball save trigger. Right now ball save is only triggered by the outhole switch. Thanks!

#3504 3 years ago

Does anyone have the pin2dmd colorization files (for a real pin, not virtual)? Vpuniverse has been down for a few days and I am getting anxious.

#3505 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I am looking.
The major hurdle I have to try to overcome is that I need more free space to fit the Speeder Mode code. And I need a lot. Like close to 1 kilobyte. Considering the entire space available for game code is 48 kilobytes... this means 1 kilobyte is relatively a lot.
Bottom line is I have to rip something out in order to be able to add Speeder Mode.
I've been analyzing the code and I see a lot of space is taken by all the Playfield Light Show routines/data.
I >may< have to rip out some Playfield Light Shows to be able to make room for Speeder Mode.
There are 16 Playfield Light Shows in the code. The good news is that two of them are completely unused so really only 14 are in game... and then there are a couple light shows that are only ever played during Attract Mode. And there are two separate light shows that are almost identical which is a waste of space. So possibly I can start with yanking those and using their space for Speeder Mode. But I think I need to dig deeper and remove even more of them.
Would you guys be OK if the amount of different Playfield Light Shows was reduced in order to be able to add full Speeder Mode? The game would still play the Playfield Light Shows as it does today, it would just not have as many different ones. Meaning... instead of the game overall having a variety of 14 light shows, it would instead have a variety of maybe 6 to 8.

how much memory does the speeder bike video suck up, seems with the lights and video display that would be alot no?

#3506 3 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

how much memory does the speeder bike video suck up, seems with the lights and video display that would be alot no?

It depends on which part you are talking about.
The display ROM needs a chunk of bytes to do all the display stuff.
The game ROM needs another chunk of bytes to do all the...
1) Interfacing to the cabinet controls.
2) Display sub routines to interface with the display ROM.
To put the "Video Mode" back into the game is a lot of work.
People do not grasp the amount of work that is involved,
in order to make all the little components synchronize together
for this one feature to work.

#3507 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

It depends on which part you are talking about.
The display ROM needs a chunk of bytes to do all the display stuff.
The game ROM needs another chunk of bytes to do all the...
1) Interfacing to the cabinet controls.
2) Display sub routines to interface with the display ROM.
To put the "Video Mode" back into the game is a lot of work.
People do not grasp the amount of work that is involved,
in order to make all the little components synchronize together
for this one feature to work.

oh I get its a lot of work, but since he was complaining about space, I just wondered if you ripped that video sequence out, wouldn't that free up a significant amount of memory?

#3508 3 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

oh I get its a lot of work, but since he was complaining about space, I just wondered if you ripped that video sequence out, wouldn't that free up a significant amount of memory?

It would, I know their are bits of junk code here and there...
GnR has a rewritten display handling routine... it is very "striped down"
as compared to Star Wars... if bytes could be free in that section and bits
here and there it would allow more ROM room.

#3509 3 years ago

Here's a trivia question for everyone...

What does "Adjustment 48 - Proprietary" do?

It's default is "YES". What is different in the game if you set this to "NO"?

I can assure you that it does make a difference. What is it?

#3510 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Here's a trivia question for everyone...
What does "Adjustment 48 - Proprietary" do?
It's default is "YES". What is different in the game if you set this to "NO"?
I can assure you that it does make a difference. What is it?

Hint...

You'd only ever possibly notice it on Ball 2 or 3.

Also, I actually much prefer when this is set to "NO"... and I suspect most would agree.

#3511 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Hint...
You'd only ever possibly notice it on Ball 2 or 3.
Also, I actually much prefer when this is set to "NO"... and I suspect most would agree.

My guess is something to do with the skill shot or death star carryover. Does it skip the skill shot?

#3512 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

My guess is something to do with the skill shot or death star carryover. Does it skip the skill shot?

It does not affect the rules in anyway. It's something physical.

#3513 3 years ago

I only had a chance to try 1 game with and then without. I did not notice anything different, but I did get a new high score #1

So I might of been too distracted to notice any differences

#3514 3 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I did get a new high score #1

Nice!

Quoted from jesperpark:

I did not notice anything different

Notice any difference with Storm Trooper Shootout?

#3515 3 years ago

Anyone ever have the ball fly off the ramp and smack R2 in the head ?

#3516 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Nice!

Does it change the solenoid activation?

#3517 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Anyone ever have the ball fly off the ramp and smack R2 in the head ?

That overweight glob of grease!

#3518 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Does it change the solenoid activation?

Yep! Setting "Adjustment 48 - Proprietary" to "NO" will prevent the Ball Launcher coil from firing every time you press button to shoot the Storm Troopers.

#3519 3 years ago

That’s interesting info! I love the physical shooting effect. I’m curious how many people would turn that off?

#3520 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Yep! Setting "Adjustment 48 - Proprietary" to "NO" will prevent the Ball Launcher coil from firing every time you press button to shoot the Storm Troopers.

Dang it. Before you answered, I had actually typed a funny hint of "I think it's time for a knock knock joke". But then didn't post, because I couldn't recall off hand if that was it or not....and it would have been stupid comment it wasn't. Lol.

So....

I think it's past time for a knock knock joke

#3521 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

That's funny as you can change this on LW3 as well (which came out before SW), but its actually listed as the option.

I like it to keep it on on both machines.

#3522 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Well I noticed but was thinking, "I wonder what solenoid needs fixing now?"

#3523 3 years ago

Must have been turned off in every game i played in past never experienced it. Guess i have another option to adjust when i get back to my game. Probably was turned off by many operators to try and save wear and tear on a game that all ready got a ton of action.

Still mulling over if i want to remove existing code in favor of Chads current code but i guess if he does add the grail Speeder mode i guess i will have to. Never had any complaints with existing code other then ball save never worked it plays just as it did in my younger days. Always told game was to easy i thought to myself its a dataeast game what do you expect.

#3524 3 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Probably was turned off by many operators to try and save wear and tear on a game that all ready got a ton of action.

Most likely true. Factory is on, I had to replace the coil support bracket
with a new one. The OEM bracket was made of thin metal with a blue
rubber pad glued to it. The replacement bracket is made out of thicker
gauge metal and with no rubber pad attached.

#3525 3 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Always told game was to easy i thought to myself its a dataeast game what do you expect.

LOL!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3526 3 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Still mulling over if i want to remove existing code in favor of Chads current code.

Yes, you do...

#3527 3 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Yes, you do...

Absolutely. New code now! Don’t even wait. Literal game changer.

#3528 3 years ago

Still looking for this plastic.... Does anyone have a spare or left over?

s-l400~2 (resized).jpgs-l400~2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3529 3 years ago

Hey guys, I want to get some extra lighting on the bottom half of the playfield but I don't want to use LED's. What hardware do I need?

Added over 4 years ago:

I want to place spotlights on each bumper and one behind the Jabba sign. Which size hexspacers do I need? I am not sure of size and thread. Thank you in advance.

#3530 3 years ago

Hi guys I’m looking for those 3 plastics,new or used,please let me know
Thanks

336ACE20-E46B-4A6D-B584-7B5F8B210973 (resized).jpeg336ACE20-E46B-4A6D-B584-7B5F8B210973 (resized).jpeg6797A888-6A8C-47ED-8D84-36F658EE4C21 (resized).jpeg6797A888-6A8C-47ED-8D84-36F658EE4C21 (resized).jpeg
#3531 3 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

Hi guys I’m looking for those 3 plastics,new or used,please let me know
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Easy break plastic sets... Some are on E-Bay.
Or just get a complete plastic set.

#3532 3 years ago

Hi guys is there a R2D2 head available,maybe repro or maybe from some toy you can use it
Thanks

#3533 3 years ago

I'm in the market for a Star Wars, been looking for about 6 months now. Can someone explain to me how to tell if the pin is a re-import? Are they inferior games? I have never played one going on theme and recommendations that its a nice machine.

Thanks In Advance,
Pete

#3534 3 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

Hi guys is there a R2D2 head available,maybe repro or maybe from some toy you can use it
Thanks

Have never seen anything. Havn't seen a toy used as the blue areas are transparent so that the flasher shows through.

#3535 3 years ago

R2D2 Plastic for Star Wars (Data East)
Order number: 65423
Body 545-5360-00
545-5360-00 (resized).png545-5360-00 (resized).png
R2D2 chrome for Star Wars (Data East)
Order number: 65409
Chrome head 500-5624-00
500-5624-00 (resized).png500-5624-00 (resized).png
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-modding/pinball-specific/9744/r2d2-chrome-for-star-wars-data-east

1 week later
#3537 3 years ago

Finally got the art blades I ordered from overseas. There aren’t many choices online for blades but I deemed these to be the best.

(Don’t mind the crooked pop bumper, it’s intact about 75% of the time)

0CAE0BAC-1444-4FFE-91BC-E76C7D88F19B (resized).jpeg0CAE0BAC-1444-4FFE-91BC-E76C7D88F19B (resized).jpeg4C29DCF6-7C31-4044-B64B-37A7EA7844A8 (resized).jpeg4C29DCF6-7C31-4044-B64B-37A7EA7844A8 (resized).jpegB1CF0C41-ABF5-45A6-8C4E-8C1698250350 (resized).jpegB1CF0C41-ABF5-45A6-8C4E-8C1698250350 (resized).jpegD22F6251-E2CC-4DFE-BDEB-875054AC5B37 (resized).jpegD22F6251-E2CC-4DFE-BDEB-875054AC5B37 (resized).jpeg
#3538 3 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Finally got the art blades I ordered from overseas.

I have these very same ones, but haven't installed them yet. Did you take your PF out?

#3539 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I have these very same ones, but haven't installed them yet. Did you take your PF out?

I didn’t but it was a 2 person event. Wasn’t easy. Had to do some cutting also since the cuts on mine didn’t seem right.

I basically got one in place and then pealed the far end first and then stuck it and then slowly rolled the peel back behind as I went.

Got the idea from a forum topic here.

#3540 3 years ago

Funny I just installed mine as well. Two person and the wet method. I had to cut them as well. I choose around the flipper buttons due to how I installed it. Left the PF in.

#3541 3 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Finally got the art blades I ordered from overseas. There aren’t many choices online for blades but I deemed these to be the best.
(Don’t mind the crooked pop bumper, it’s intact about 75% of the time)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have a link for these blades or who sells them?

#3542 3 years ago

www.ministryofpinball.com

#3543 3 years ago

Hi guys I’m looking the location of this plastic?
Thanks

0020FD34-26FD-4C82-9F5B-83C53D4A951A (resized).jpeg0020FD34-26FD-4C82-9F5B-83C53D4A951A (resized).jpeg
#3544 3 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

Hi guys I’m looking the location of this plastic?
Thanks
[quoted image]

Doesn't get used, comes in the new set but it isn't on the game, same with the large clear piece.

#3545 3 years ago

Ok thanks

#3546 3 years ago

The part went to the middle targets.
But design change...

#3547 3 years ago

Just picked this game up, much better than expected. Does anyone have an extra death star or know where to purchase? Thx

#3548 3 years ago

There is a planetarium toy that was on Amazon that was a pretty close match. Search for Uncle Miltons Deathstar Planetarium Science toy. It was under $20 when I got mine 4 or 5 years ago.

#3549 3 years ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

There is a planetarium toy that was on Amazon that was a pretty close match. Search for Uncle Miltons Deathstar Planetarium Science toy. It was under $20 when I got mine 4 or 5 years ago.

Thx

1 week later
#3550 3 years ago

Can't seem to find a plastic set anywhere. Am I blind?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
There are 4,719 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.