(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,744 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c7f69cb7e727466a9dbf81e20a2982efb50f5e3d (1) (resized).jpg
20240403_121151 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240403_133710_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240403_121203 (resized).jpg
20240403_121219 (resized).jpg
20240403_121236 (resized).jpg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpg
IMG_8263 (resized).jpg
20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg
There are 4,744 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 95.
#2951 5 years ago

Just joined the club! Needs a complete shop job, what is the best LED kit out there?

#2952 5 years ago

Just got my machine. Love it! Hoping someone can post pics or measurements of the R2D2 motor cam. Mine is missing. I think it can be 3D printed, but I don't even know what it looks like.

#2953 5 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Just joined the club! Needs a complete shop job, what is the best LED kit out there?

I used comet. Do yourself a favor and check the diodes as you replace the lamps. I’ve done an led switch on two desw now and both had a diode wired backward (looked like it was like that from the factory). Apparently on incandescent lamps it doesn’t matter as much (?) but when I got the leds in it was like all hell broke loose in the columns and rows.

#2954 5 years ago

Hi.
In the picture attached there are two arrows showing two points where in my machine two lamp sockets are placed; unfortunately without cables.

Could someone please take a picture of the under playfield part where this cable are, so to see where they are connected ?

Thank you for your help.

May the force be with you all

particolare-sw (resized).jpgparticolare-sw (resized).jpg
#2955 5 years ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

In the picture attached there are two arrows showing two points where in my machine two lamp sockets are placed; unfortunately without cables.

The middle is a #89 bright flash circuit that should be a orange/black- * wires.
The OB-Wan is regular #44 lamp strobe wire. red-*/yel-* wires.
I believe a two prong connector is used. "Z" connector is used between the connectors.
Whither or not you have the "Z" connector still on the wire harness or not, you will have to look.

#2956 5 years ago

Hi. Thank you. I solved the problem.

#2957 5 years ago

Where is the knocker suppose to be? Mine appears to be missing and cant find in the manual.

#2958 5 years ago

It doesn't have a physical knocker. That era uses a chirp with the speakers

#2959 5 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Thanks, funny its in the coil test. Boo, I love a good knocker.

#2960 5 years ago

Don't know if any Stern/Sega/DE have a physical knocker. Totally agree with you, love a good knocker

#2961 5 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Don't know if any Stern/Sega/DE have a physical knocker. Totally agree with you, love a good knocker

Cheap sons of bitches.

#2962 5 years ago
Quoted from janus:

This machine absolutely has a knocker. It's down in the cabinet to the left of the cabinet speaker.

See this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-replay-knocker

#2963 5 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

This machine absolutely has a knocker. It's down in the cabinet to the left of the cabinet speaker.
See this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-replay-knocker

I'll be dammed...mine is gone too

#2964 5 years ago

All data east had a knocker till sometime after Sega took them over. I just figured out my twister actually has wires for one but Sega never installed one(no screw holes).

#2965 5 years ago

Just a ghost image.

20190401_183546 (resized).jpg20190401_183546 (resized).jpg
#2966 5 years ago

$25 and some soldering and you're back in business.

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsega-knocker-assembly.html

#2967 5 years ago

Just ordered. Had to order a strike plate too, why remove that?

#2968 5 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Just ordered. Had to order a strike plate too, why remove that?

Maybe they're taking it to be a knocker somewhere else? Who knows? I assumed people just took the coil to fix a game on route, but it looks like you guys are missing the whole thing.

#2969 5 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Maybe they're taking it to be a knocker somewhere else? Who knows? I assumed people just took the coil to fix a game on route, but it looks like you guys are missing the whole thing.

Screw holes were there, and the severed wire

#2970 5 years ago

Where is the knocker suppose to be? Mine appears to be missing and cant find in the manual.

It’s very common to have the transistor go bad and the knocker locks on. I think it’s Q29 if my memory serves me right. Most people just take it out. So if you install it and it knocks when you turn the power on, turn it back off. You will have to replace that transistor.

#2971 5 years ago

Sadly missing is the grey chip board shroud that covers the front of the game.

#2972 5 years ago

Can someone with a knocker place post of pic of the unit and wiring setup?

#2973 5 years ago

Check IPDB Guns & Roses pinball, they have a picture inside the cabinet that show the
knocker assembly.
Data East Star Wars manual pg.39 as assembly pictured, part # 500-5081-00
Wiring is: Brown wire +32 volt to the cathode side of the diode.
--------- Vio-Gry wire to the anode side of the diode.

#2974 5 years ago

Yes, everyone please show us your knockers!!

#2975 5 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

Yes, everyone please show us your knockers!!

Match

299FFCE1-B9FC-48A0-A52A-86367CF132DF (resized).jpeg299FFCE1-B9FC-48A0-A52A-86367CF132DF (resized).jpeg
#2976 5 years ago

$33 knocker in, did not lock on when i turned on the game so happy about that.

20190406_193917 (resized).jpg20190406_193917 (resized).jpg
#2977 5 years ago

$33 knocker in, did not lock on when i turned on the game so happy about that. [quoted image]

I got mine on Friday but out of town for the weekend, it's going in tomorrie. Huh, looks exactly like yours

#2978 5 years ago

(Fixed, put the dam switches on upside down when I put it back together.) Took the drop targets out to clean them, now not registering. When the targets are up should the switch be open or closed. Mine are closed when targets are up.

#2979 5 years ago

Took the drop targets out to clean them, now not registering. When the targets are up should the switch be open or closed. Mine are closed when targets are up.

When the D/T are reset and in the "up" position... The score switch should be open.
The back side of the D/T target should have a lip with "a slot" that closes the switch
--when in the down position.

#2980 5 years ago

We just picked up one last week, and are loving it. It needs a lot of work, but I'm excited to dig in to it, and really make it ours.

IMG_20190403_205242806 (resized).jpgIMG_20190403_205242806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190403_205256428 (resized).jpgIMG_20190403_205256428 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190403_205305596 (resized).jpgIMG_20190403_205305596 (resized).jpg
It looks nice in our growing collection.

Some of the things to fix are:
-R2's head doesn't rotate
-DMD has 2 lines at the bottom, and to on the RH side that are out
-Missing backbox insert latch
-Needs all new rubbers badly
-Needs a lot of bulbs that are missing or out
-The rear half of the playfield is filthy

Some of our plans for it are:
-New R2 head motor
-Color LED DMD
-All new titan or superband rubbers and posts
-Some new LED's all throughout
-Maybe a code update after we log enough games to notice the difference
-Some kind of side blades... something that matches the comic book style of the rest of the artwork on the playfield
-Maybe a different death star that looks more realistic

Anyway... I'm excited to finally own one, and look forward to learning as much as I can about it!

-Paul

#2981 5 years ago

Still looking for a decent translite to scan. I will print you a new one if you let me borrow yours

#2982 5 years ago

Is there a ball save setting on this game? Mine does not have one.

#2983 5 years ago

There is but they have bug in game code that kills it. Hence the talk of newer game code that fixes ball save but does change the rules of game.

#2984 5 years ago

Is there a ball save setting on this game? Mine does not have one.

Yes and no...
If you have the OEM software the ball save is the first three switches and that is it.
So if you start the game and do the skill shot then the ball is launched it has to miss
the first switch that is on the right path and drain in order for you to get your ball back...
Chad H. has updated the ball save to ether ball time/or ball switches( more than three).
I hope this answers you question.

#2985 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Yes and no...

Thanks, I just bought this and its running Canadian CPU 1.03. Have a buddy that is going to burn me the new rom so I am guessing that is the Chad fix.

#2986 5 years ago

Hey everyone. I'm doing my best to bring a very heavily routed Star Wars back to life. I luckily found a place to buy a brand new plastic set (most of mine are completely trashed). I started replacing things today when I quickly realized that there are little metal brackets everywhere that I'm going to need to either replace or reuse. Best practices for the reuse idea? Best place to order for the replace plan? I am missing the bracket that holds up the clear plastic behind Jabba the Hutt so at the very least I will be replacing that one. Would someone do me a solid and take some pics of how that clear plastic behind Jabba mounts. Thanks!

#2987 5 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Hey everyone. I'm doing my best to bring a very heavily routed Star Wars back to life. I luckily found a place to buy a brand new plastic set (most of mine are completely trashed). I started replacing things today when I quickly realized that there are little metal brackets everywhere that I'm going to need to either replace or reuse. Best practices for the reuse idea? Best place to order for the replace plan? I am missing the bracket that holds up the clear plastic behind Jabba the Hutt so at the very least I will be replacing that one. Would someone do me a solid and take some pics of how that clear plastic behind Jabba mounts. Thanks!

Look at post 2943.

#2988 5 years ago

Just added a color DMD to my newly acquired Star Wars, and HOLY HELL did it take this game up a notch or three!

If there ever is an upgrade that will immensely make your game better this is it!

-Paul

#2989 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Look at post 2943.

Nice. Thanks!

#2990 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Just added a color DMD to my newly acquired Star Wars, and HOLY HELL did it take this game up a notch or three!
If there ever is an upgrade that will immensely make your game better this is it!
-Paul

Now do the code update to 1.07.

#2991 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Now do the code update to 1.07

I'm up to date myself, and always waiting for a speeder mode update.

#2992 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Now do the code update to 1.07.

Oh that's definitely on the list. We're trying to get a feel for the original code first so we'll be able to tell the difference.

#2993 5 years ago

Speeder Mode! Speeder Mode!

Chad! Chad! Chad!

Go fund me!

Come on! If you make it, they will Speeder Mode

#2994 5 years ago

Has anyone purchased the Sideboard Decals from Ministry? What is the quality of material like? How do they hold up to playfield scrapes?

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/catalog/product/view/id/6656/s/star-wars-sideboard-decals/

#2995 5 years ago
Quoted from acidburn:

Has anyone purchased the Sideboard Decals from Ministry? What is the quality of material like? How do they hold up to playfield scrapes?
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/catalog/product/view/id/6656/s/star-wars-sideboard-decals/

Highly recommend Retro Refurbs sideblades. They are anti scuff, anti scratch, super tough and look great. Many positive reviews on Pinballinfo forum. Plus they are in the UK !

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=star+wars&post_type=product

#2996 5 years ago
Quoted from acidburn:

Has anyone purchased the Sideboard Decals from Ministry?

I have these, and they appear to be of good quality. I have yet to install them.

#2997 5 years ago

i HIGHLY disagree. They sent me the most horrifically bad Star Wars translite. Not to mention eat was xpensive and took over a month to ship it.

Quoted from Ive:

Highly recommend Retro Refurbs sideblades. They are anti scuff, anti scratch, super tough and look great. Many positive reviews on Pinballinfo forum. Plus they are in the UK !
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=star+wars&post_type=product

#2998 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

i HIGHLY disagree. They sent me the most horrifically bad Star Wars translite. Not to mention eat was xpensive and took over a month to ship it.

I was talking specifically about their Sideblades. Pete and Retro Refurbs have a very good reputation in the UK pinball scene. I can't comment on your bad experience - hope you got it sorted with them.

#2999 5 years ago

Post #81

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-restoration/page/2#post-4876412

Quoted from Ive:

I was talking specifically about their Sideblades. Pete and Retro Refurbs have a very good reputation in the UK pinball scene. I can't comment on your bad experience - hope you got it sorted with them.

1 week later
#3000 4 years ago

Just putting this Star Wars back together. Question - what is the point of the 2 lamps behind the Admiral Akbar part. I could understand if it was a regular plastic but it's solid metal so they don't illuminate it ??? Are they meant to reflect light back onto R2D2 ?? Just seems odd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,744 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome/page/60?hl=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.