(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,744 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c7f69cb7e727466a9dbf81e20a2982efb50f5e3d (1) (resized).jpg
20240403_121151 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240403_133710_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240403_121203 (resized).jpg
20240403_121219 (resized).jpg
20240403_121236 (resized).jpg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpg
IMG_8263 (resized).jpg
20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg
There are 4,744 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 95.
#2701 5 years ago

I have a couple of versions that I've done just that, built on the other 2 but eliminating all DE music. Version 1 is OST mostly from the trinity. The 2nd is a Mecco disco version, surprisingly fun! I've been meaning to upload for months, I will do it very soon...

#2702 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

I have a couple of versions that I've done just that, built on the other 2 but eliminating all DE music. Version 1 is OST mostly from the trinity. The 2nd is a Mecco disco version, surprisingly fun! I've been meaning to upload for months, I will do it very soon...

That would be awesome!! Let us know when you do!

#2703 5 years ago

They are uploaded but pending approval. Let me know what you think and enjoy!

#2704 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

They are uploaded but pending approval. Let me know what you think and enjoy!

Awesome! I'm just hooking up my Pinsound so will definitely be downloading it once it's online

#2705 5 years ago

They are approved and ready to download!

#2706 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

They are approved and ready to download!

Hmm, I the original, Julian and one by Pinhead - is that yours?

#2707 5 years ago

Also for you Pinsounders, my kit came with this base that appears to be installed with the sub. Did you guys use this or just mount the sub directly to the Pin floor like the original?

IMG_20180921_110825.jpgIMG_20180921_110825.jpg
#2708 5 years ago

Doesn't even appear to fit the sub

IMG_20180921_112715.jpgIMG_20180921_112715.jpg
#2709 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Hmm, I the original, Julian and one by Pinhead - is that yours?

Nope, Vader77
(The disco mix would make me more of a pinbooty than pinhead)

#2710 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

Nope, Vader77
(The disco mix would make me more of a pinbooty than pinhead)

Ok, they’re not online yet. All good I’m still messing with my speakers. Will be downloading as soon as they post it

#2711 5 years ago

By the way, totally down with the Star Wars Disco, I got a disco Ball in my game room

#2713 5 years ago

Very cool, you already got over 50 downloads. I’m grabbing it as soon as I get my Pinsound connected tomorrow

#2714 5 years ago

Anyone else having major issues downloading files from the Pinsound Community? I have tried all day to download these files from different computers on different ISPs and I never get a speed higher than 400kps and it stalls out around 50% every time. Anyone already have the files on their local computer and could share a quick dropbox link or something like that?

#2715 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Anyone else having major issues downloading files from the Pinsound Community? I have tried all day to download these files from different computers on different ISPs and I never get a speed higher than 400kps and it stalls out around 50% every time. Anyone already have the files on their local computer and could share a quick dropbox link or something like that?

Maybe everybody is download Vader’s remix?

#2716 5 years ago

So I finally got my legs back on my Star Wars, wow this Pin is tall AF! Does everybody’s measure 78” to the top of head? My KISS is only 71”. Seems almost too high but I have the stock/standard 28” legs on

#2717 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So I finally got my legs back on my Star Wars, wow this Pin is tall AF! Does everybody’s measure 78” to the top of head? My KISS is only 71”. Seems almost too high but I have the stock/standard 28” legs on

Mine is 77.25". But I replaced the ugly rusted DE legs with Williams style legs. They are 28.5". I have the levelers out 1.75"s in the back to get the 77.25" height. Replaced the legs on LAH with the Williams also.

#2718 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Yeah their site is pretty slow. Not timing out yet but it’s laggin

#2719 5 years ago

Question. Does everyone here have an extruding playfield R2D2 on the middle right? I also seem to have thin plastic covering over several of the playfield areas IE over X-wing fighters, in front of the sling shots, etc.

Is Embossed R2D2 a stock playfield item? It gives the ball some lift.

Are these other items added later as an attempt to protect the playfield?

The only reason I ask is it affects the ball flow quite a bit. If it’s stock, then that’s what is intended. If not, I’m going to contemplate on removing them as long as it does damage the playfield

Curious how everyone else’s playfield are

#2720 5 years ago

My playfield also has the plastic over R2D2 and the other spots. It is hard to see most of them.

#2721 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

My playfield also has the plastic over R2D2 and the other spots. It is hard to see most of them.

Yeah from reading other threads, appears to be Mylar. Just wondering if that was a stock item or after market. The R2D2 though definitely seems like part of the playfield. Maybe to deliberately give lift in the ball when hitting that lane. I actually got the ball stuck on one which made me start wondering

#2722 5 years ago

THANK YOU SIR!!!!!

I got your mix installed in my game last night and am absolutely loving it! I love the more subdued nature of it - the "horn-only" quiet theme music during the score tally after a ball drain is a great break in the action and lends a more serious tone to the overall package. The ramp shot sound is now an authentic tie fighter movie sound and not so "in your face". The revised match sequence sounds are great, the post game Darth Vader breathing is great.

I love all of the added sounds from various movie cannons and weapons, the lightsaber sounds, etc. You did a great job making the best of what was already out there and polishing it up!

My only critiques would be relative to the sound volume balancing. The pre-plunge Han Solo dialogue is a bit to quiet, some of the other movie dialogue is hard to make out as well in various spots but this is a super minor thing overall.

I also downloaded the Disco mix and plan to try that some other time but again, thank you so much for the effort man, I am really glad I asked about this!!

#2723 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

THANK YOU SIR!!!!!

You are welcome and thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you rattled my cage, sometimes I need prodding!

You'll find that there are a lot of variations in the pre-plunge. I just sliced up the audio from most of the major battles. So, the dialogue is a little low because of the extra battle sounds in there (if I remember right). I tried to crank and sweeten anything I could, especially the DE sounds that remain.

The disco one is fun, I load it up for parties. I didn't replace many of the DE sounds in it as they seemed more appropriate and I was running out of steam!

Thanks for the feedback and glad you like it!

#2724 5 years ago

Man, I’ve been trying to get to my Pinsound install for weeks now and something else comes up. But I think tonight’s gonba be the night and first thing is getting Vader’s remix loaded

I see there is a Firmware for the Pinsound Board - is this pretty straight forward? This is probably the only thing in the way of getting this online

#2725 5 years ago

Ok, got the firmware installed,but the sound zips aren’t loading for me. I’m reading you have to use a USB 3.0. I only have 2.0s so guess I’m gonna have to pick some up (or my drives are bad). I tried a couple although the firmware seemed to load fine. Man there’s always something

#2726 5 years ago

Also, for my next project - ROM upgrade to 1.07

Anybody know what the detail is of these 2 ROMs? There appears to be a Display ROM version and CPU version. Do you upgrade both?

171C867C-CA20-4A48-941A-A0454D6379F5 (resized).jpeg171C867C-CA20-4A48-941A-A0454D6379F5 (resized).jpeg37BF76CD-6B47-409D-BEFF-8E1B92BE68FC (resized).jpeg37BF76CD-6B47-409D-BEFF-8E1B92BE68FC (resized).jpeg
#2727 5 years ago
Quoted from lucidhate:

Hey everyone, has there been any attempt to 3D print R2D2’s body? Mines getting brittle and I’d rather try and find a solution before it breaks. Thanks!

I wonder if there is any demand for this to make it worth while.
I don't personally need one though so I'd need a good reason to spend time on it.

I just had a look at mine and the geometry seems fairly simple. Might take 3-4 hours of modelling including revisions.
Depending on how long it takes to make I may just put it up on thingiverse.
If you were to print one yourself I'd suggest hand sanding it, priming and then doing a top coat of white paint otherwise it will look like a cheap 3d print (which it would be ). Sanding and priming can remove the visible layers. Example below.

IMG_4169 (resized).JPGIMG_4169 (resized).JPG

My only issue is that I have a prototype machine so i'll have to get someone to look at the pics of my r2 and see if it matches a production machines r2.
My R2 head itself is significantly different (seems hand made) but I don't think that should be an issue for the body.

#2728 5 years ago

I need 1 but I imagine many people would want a back up as well.

#2729 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Also, for my next project - ROM upgrade to 1.07

Anybody know what the detail is of these 2 ROMs? There appears to be a Display ROM version and CPU version. Do you upgrade both?

You only need the CPU ROM (v.1.07). Your Display ROM is good.

#2730 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

You only need the CPU ROM (v.1.07). Your Display ROM is good.

Thanks Chad! Can't wait to try it out

#2731 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I wonder if there is any demand for this to make it worth while.
I don't personally need one though so I'd need a good reason to spend time on it.
I just had a look at mine and the geometry seems fairly simple. Might take 3-4 hours of modelling including revisions.
Depending on how long it takes to make I may just put it up on thingiverse.
If you were to print one yourself I'd suggest hand sanding it, priming and then doing a top coat of white paint otherwise it will look like a cheap 3d print (which it would be ). Sanding and priming can remove the visible layers. Example below.
[quoted image]
My only issue is that I have a prototype machine so i'll have to get someone to look at the pics of my r2 and see if it matches a production machines r2.
My R2 head itself is significantly different (seems hand made) but I don't think that should be an issue for the body.

Yeah if it’s accurate, you would sell out. Not sure if a single person has a perfect R2D2 dome and couldn’t use a backup

#2732 5 years ago

Ok, so after several weeks, stripping, cleaning, ordering parts, re-ordering wrong parts, Frankensteining parts, soldering, replacing boards, fuses, bulbs, burnt idc connectors, and a pair of bloody knuckles, it’s done!

Saved the Pinsound for last, loaded the stock roms, adjusted the equalizer.

Then I downloaded Vader’s OST. Woooww!!! What a payoff, worth every dollar, minute, bloody knuckle I put down! Thanks Vader - you rock!

And no, that wasn’t a tear in my eyes, these onions in here must be pretty wild

I put this machine together for my brothers 50th Birthday. We used to play like crazy when we were kids at a 7/11 down the street. We lost my younger brother earlier this year and I can’t pretend there isn’t something missing now. Hopefully this will let us escape for a minute, I can sure say i did while I was building it.

He’s a huge Star Wars fan, so this machine while I love it, wasn’t for me. He has no idea but I’m expecting he’s gonna have some wild onions at his house when I drop it off.

What a great machine though, hats off to Data East!

20C940EE-E44E-4067-AB80-305B31A232CF (resized).jpeg20C940EE-E44E-4067-AB80-305B31A232CF (resized).jpeg
#2733 5 years ago

Looks great, great story, sorry about your brother, thanks for compliment and what is that behind your deathstar?!?!

#2734 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yeah if it’s accurate, you would sell out. Not sure if a single person has a perfect R2D2 dome and couldn’t use a backup

Not the dome just the body. I don't have a reference for the head so couldn't do one.

This is mine.

IMG_4192 (resized).JPGIMG_4192 (resized).JPG

#2735 5 years ago

I think alot of people would buy the body as in many instances the original has heat damage from flashers.

#2736 5 years ago

Anyone know or have a diagram for the sizes of rubbers?

#2737 5 years ago

Yes.

20180928_214315_resized (resized).jpg20180928_214315_resized (resized).jpg
#2738 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

what is that behind your deathstar?!?!

50382326-19DF-4B99-B188-A4A3F4017453 (resized).jpeg50382326-19DF-4B99-B188-A4A3F4017453 (resized).jpeg
#2739 5 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

Anyone know or have a diagram for the sizes of rubbers?

Note: for the anally inclined... the black 3/8" right out hole rubber ring is the
---- fat "pregnant" style. 545-5348-03. If you want your game OEM.

#2740 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

[quoted image]

Quoted from Vader77:

Looks great, great story, sorry about your brother, thanks for compliment and what is that behind your deathstar?!?!

It's a Wampa - it was my brother's and he used to play with when he was a kid. I figured its the safest place to keep it

By the way Vader - got a sample of your Disco mix and that's totally getting play this weekend with my Disco ball

#2741 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

[quoted image]

You are correct Pacman - I got the idea I believe from you. I think your the one who posted it first, and its perfect

#2742 5 years ago

Friday Night Disco with DESW & Vader’s Disco Mix - brilliant man! And Bill Murray is ice man

C4A451DE-48BF-4254-AC7C-E5797773F6BE (resized).jpegC4A451DE-48BF-4254-AC7C-E5797773F6BE (resized).jpeg

#2743 5 years ago

Awesome! Glad you like it! I thought it was a Wampa (didn't remember the name tbh) I would like to see a closer pic if you don't mind...
I like how the Bill Murray song goes on when you start a new game, happy accident.

#2744 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

Awesome! Glad you like it! I thought it was a Wampa (didn't remember the name tbh) I would like to see a closer pic if you don't mind...
I like how the Bill Murray song goes on when you start a new game, happy accident.

I’ll shoot Wampa when I get home. You should add Bill doing the Star Wars sound effects at the end of the game. There is a blank sound slot there and would be perfect. Otherwise I might tweak your Disco edit. BTW, that made me really star to think of other edits BTW. Pinsound is soooo FN cool

#2745 5 years ago

I'm not familiar with him doing sfx??? Got a link?

#2746 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

I'm not familiar with him doing sfx??? Got a link?

Actually it’s the 2001 Space Oddysey theme at the beginning of the skit

#2747 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

Here is Wampa. I got a bread tie on him so it doesn’t move around. He’ll catch the ball if it’s off. Kind of reminds me of Disneyland’s Matterhorn Mountain ride when you sling right around a similar looking beast

65A44F8D-E6CF-473C-B1CA-66BD42F91BD2 (resized).jpeg65A44F8D-E6CF-473C-B1CA-66BD42F91BD2 (resized).jpegA0EA1972-CB6C-442A-8C6B-F5E7A7C300CC (resized).jpegA0EA1972-CB6C-442A-8C6B-F5E7A7C300CC (resized).jpeg
#2748 5 years ago

Looks good!

1 week later
#2749 5 years ago

Joined the club at the weekend

IMG_6184 (resized).jpgIMG_6184 (resized).jpg
#2750 5 years ago
Quoted from acidburn:

Joined the club at the weekend
[quoted image]

Congrats. This game fun to play

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,744 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome/page/55?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.