(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,740 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by jgadzia
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c7f69cb7e727466a9dbf81e20a2982efb50f5e3d (1) (resized).jpg
20240403_121151 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240403_133710_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240403_121203 (resized).jpg
20240403_121219 (resized).jpg
20240403_121236 (resized).jpg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpg
IMG_8263 (resized).jpg
20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg
There are 4,740 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 95.
#2501 6 years ago

Just purchased a Data East Star Wars. What is the easiest way to get a set of STAR WARS Unofficial v.1.07 roms (http://www.pinballcode.com/sw107)? I don't have or know how to burn roms myself, so I would definitely be willing to pay someone to burn and send them to me.

#2502 6 years ago

Hi! I'm fine tuning my updated SWDE (thanks Chad for the FW, bravo!)

Sometimes my switch under R2D2 does not activate simply because the ball space in this passage is too wide and the ball passes aside. Here's an image of mine. Do you know if there should be some rubber in R2D2 or something to make it narrow? Thanks!

IMG_20180216_120309 (resized).jpgIMG_20180216_120309 (resized).jpg

#2503 6 years ago

Yah mine does that too. I was going to put a bumper around the shaft to kick the ball over, just havent gotten to it.

#2504 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Yah mine does that too. I was going to put a bumper around the shaft to kick the ball over, just havent gotten to it.

That was my thought, but it has to be a bumper (a rubber, I suppose?) small enough, as R2D2 goes up and down, and apart from that the ball could get stuck to the right of this bumper.

#2505 6 years ago

Why not adjust the switch so as to make it more sensitive to ball pass through?

#2506 6 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Why not adjust the switch so as to make it more sensitive to ball pass through?

yeah, somehow I tried but no improvement. The passage is too wide :/

#2507 6 years ago

I recently picked up the new update 1.05 for my machine, I installed it and 2 prongs overlap as you can see in pic, i assume this isn't right. Can someone please confirm this is the right spot on board for update and if not where should it go?

15188885822171285155362 (resized).jpg15188885822171285155362 (resized).jpg

#2508 6 years ago
Quoted from beepbeep:

I recently picked up the new update 1.05 for my machine, I installed it and 2 prongs overlap as you can see in pic, i assume this isn't right. Can someone please confirm this is the right spot on board for update and if not where should it go?

That looks like a Display ROM which would go on the DMD. Definitely do NOT turn your game on with that in the CPU socket! Display ROM is physically bigger than the CPU ROM.

If you want the most fun out of your Star Wars, I recommend getting v.1.07 CPU ROM which you can read about here:
http://www.pinballcode.com/

#2509 6 years ago

I did not turn on, I pulled it out and put other chip back. thank you for confirming this and the recommendation.

#2510 6 years ago

About my problem just a few posts before, I think I have a solution. I noticed I had a pin just before the R2D2 passageway without any rubber. I put this black cylinder rubber and the round white rubber (see image). Now the ball bounces when arriving from the right lane, slowing the ball down and assuring that the ball pushes the R2D2 switch.

Please could anyone tell his/her config in this pin? Maybe only one rubber?

apañopin_ (resized).jpgapañopin_ (resized).jpg

#2511 6 years ago

The stock setup uses the two rubbers. I only use the center rubber rings in my SW and LAH. It looks better. Not sure why the lower rubber was needed.

#2512 6 years ago
Quoted from tobisham:

Please could anyone tell his/her config in this pin?

OEM Factory is the metal post is bare. No rubber ring or bottom buffer.

#2513 6 years ago

Vec-tor is correct. That post has no rubbers.

#2514 6 years ago

Thank you both for the precise information. I have decided for the moment to put the white rubber ring only, It kind of stops the ball and drops it slowly, but always activating the switch

I have one last question Look at the picture, is the only blue silicone cap of the machine supposed to be set under the death star insert? I ask this because I can't see any difference with or without it.

pinside2_ (resized).jpgpinside2_ (resized).jpg

#2515 6 years ago

Hey guys, here is a pic of the start of my playfield swap that I am working on, Now I am thinking about re-decaling the cabinet. Does anyone have any recommendations of which decals to use, and where to get them? The only ones I could find were on ebay, and one place in Europe. I am also looking for advice on touch up paint for the cabinet, Thanks!

002 (resized).JPG002 (resized).JPG

#2516 6 years ago
Quoted from tobisham:

I have one last question Look at the picture, is the only blue silicone cap of the machine supposed to be set under the death star insert?

That is factory.

#2517 6 years ago

Hi, I need help with a question with my star wars data east.
Sometimes all the coils have more strength and other times all the coils have less strength and I can not find out what this problem is.
the difference is very little, but it is notorious.
I wanted to consult them if any of this happened to him and if they know what is due.
I discard power supply problem, I already have a new rottendog
I tried to increase the pulse of the strength of the coils through the configuration of the pinball but I have not noticed any difference
Any suggestions?

Thank you

#2518 6 years ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

Hey guys, here is a pic of the start of my playfield swap that I am working on, Now I am thinking about re-decaling the cabinet. Does anyone have any recommendations of which decals to use, and where to get them? The only ones I could find were on ebay, and one place in Europe. I am also looking for advice on touch up paint for the cabinet, Thanks!

Jeff ClassicArcades (same name on eBay) I believe is the only one with the actual license to print the art. He's also on Facebook and usually at Allentown and Pintastic.

#2519 6 years ago
Quoted from e537186:

I wanted to consult them if any of this happened to him and if they know what is due.
I discard power supply problem, I already have a new rottendog

Cold solder joints PPB board. AC ripple on 50volt/32volt.
AC select relay going bad...

#2520 6 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Cold solder joints PPB board. AC ripple on 50volt/32volt.
AC select relay going bad...

I realized that when I turned on equipment with high electrical consumption the pinball worked slower without force.
I think I solve it. I had configured the jumper 230 in the entrance of the transformer and in my country it is 220v.
the input voltage fluctuates between 210 to 220
for now it works well and without power changes in the coil.
Very useful this diagram that I found, because the one in the manual did not understand it.

thanks

tranplug (resized).pngtranplug (resized).png

#2521 6 years ago

Anyone know if these ribbon cables are interchangeable? One is a bit shorter, but if the terminal is the same -- should be fine. Not sure if the U terminals ever vary.

Out of Stock:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/036-5001-34

In Stock Possible Replacement:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5795-10938-27

#2523 6 years ago
Quoted from beepbeep:

Here is a video of me installing cpu/display in my JP...same procedure for you...just depends on if your display board takes 1 or 2 display roms.
Please subscribe! The new YouTube guidelines suck and all us little channels basically got fired

PM me if you wanna do want to go up to 1.07... I can help

#2524 6 years ago

I picked up a DESW this past weekend as a surprise gift to my brother. I have a few weeks before he arrives so I'm working on repairs in the mean time. The most obvious issues are the broken yellow targets and various broken plastics. If anyone has any new or good used parts they can spare, I'd be happy to pay a fair price!

I've got a PinSound board on order and a v1.07 ROM on the way as I understand these to both significantly improve the game. If there are any other must-have mods, let me know!

Thanks!

#2525 6 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

If there are any other must-have mods, let me know!

Color DMD?

#2526 6 years ago

I got my targets from marco. They are fair priced and quick ship.

#2527 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I got my targets from marco. They are fair priced and quick ship.

Yeah, I had a look at Marco and they were sold out. I've now purchased just the target faces from Marco and will just rivet them to the switches.

#2528 6 years ago

Joined the club this last weekend. Picked it up off a friend who was a Star Wars collector. She just let it sit there, she's had it for over a decade. Played great but it was dirty! Its a reimport from Spain, so it's seen so usage at some point. Resoldered some switches and replaced some lamp diodes and she's almost 100%. Death Star and R2D2 both look great, although R2 needs a new motor.

First steps were NVram from Borygard and new code from ChadH via Meloyelo51

As usual, some broken yellow targets and plastics. Probably pick up just the target faces from Marco, thinking of going translucent red or yellow.

What's the best source for plastics since I missed the CPR run. PinballUniverse.com (USA) or Pinball.center (EU)?

codenvram (resized).pngcodenvram (resized).png

desw (resized).pngdesw (resized).png

1 week later
#2529 6 years ago

i ve these if needed brand new...
and see my SW for sale in market section, thanks

IMG_1993 (resized).JPGIMG_1993 (resized).JPG

#2530 6 years ago

So suddenly the following is happening - no pops or slingshots will trigger, death star gate keeps going up and down. Everything else works, and the DS gate triggers normally if you hit it while it is up.

This started when I was trying to adjust the leaf switch on the back pop bumper (which is a @#$& to reach. Not sure if I did something or it's coincidence. Looks like the power line to the pops and slingshots are one and the same...think I could have blown a fuse touching something by accident?

#2531 6 years ago

I'm in need of the plastic with Luke on it that the millennium falcon rivets to. If anyone has one, I'd be happy to pay a fair price!

1 week later
#2532 6 years ago

Hi all! Just joined the club! Haven't had too much time to go through the game yet but first fixes I need to get the game playable are: No sound . Secondly It looks like I'm missing part of the gate assembly on the center ramp. The gate is only attached on one side. Can anyone send me a link to where I can buy a new post so I can get that gate working again? If anyone has any ideas on sound I'm all ears as well. I've checked connectors and fuses. Is there a sound chip that tends to go bad on this machine? Let me know! TIA

#2533 6 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Hi all! Just joined the club! Haven't had too much time to go through the game yet but first fixes I need to get the game playable are: No sound . Secondly It looks like I'm missing part of the gate assembly on the center ramp. The gate is only attached on one side. Can anyone send me a link to where I can buy a new post so I can get that gate working again? If anyone has any ideas on sound I'm all ears as well. I've checked connectors and fuses. Is there a sound chip that tends to go bad on this machine? Let me know! TIA

Welcome to the club!

There are 3 sound roms and I can help you if you need those burned or even updated CPU/Display code. They are listed in my pinside shop or you can PM me if you don't see them. Unfortunately, my expertise is in rom burning, not in board troubleshooting, so I am not much help to tell if that is indeed the problem or the only problem causing no sound.

#2534 6 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but have you tried the volume pot on the inside of the cabinet? It's on the right on top of the power box enclosure. If that's not it you should check to see if your soundboard is getting proper voltage.

#2535 6 years ago

just leded my scoops

193BCDD0-4FDB-4359-B1D9-C00B63F98BB4 (resized).jpeg193BCDD0-4FDB-4359-B1D9-C00B63F98BB4 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2536 6 years ago

Can someone list the correct screw type to use for the pop bumper caps, I'm missing a few on mine, and i'm not sure the others are correct as they're all different.

Thanks!

#2537 6 years ago
Quoted from pettcomputers:

Can someone list the correct screw type to use for the pop bumper caps, I'm missing a few on mine, and i'm not sure the others are correct as they're all different.
Thanks!

If you have the correct hardware with the hex spacers raising the caps, it's a #4-40. I got some from Marco (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4004-01005-12)

Sadly a few of mine broke off in the hex spacers, which are unobtanium I think. I'm converting mine to regular Williams bumper caps, hopefully it'll be quieter as well.

#2538 6 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

If you have the correct hardware with the hex spacers raising the caps, it's a #4-40. I got some from Marco (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4004-01005-12)
Sadly a few of mine broke off in the hex spacers, which are unobtanium I think. I'm converting mine to regular Williams bumper caps, hopefully it'll be quieter as well.

Thanks for that quick reply! I've ordered a few.

#2539 6 years ago
Quoted from pettcomputers:

Thanks for that quick reply! I've ordered a few.

I just spent a week creating an excel spreadsheet for parts to order for mine. I vowed to disassemble and research first, then order second

#2540 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

just leded my scoops

What lights did you use and how did you mount them? My only idea is a 3SMD Led strip taped on the bottom. I don't see anywhere else to stick a flex head or anything.

#2541 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

just leded my scoops

That looks really cool, I love mine as well.....

image2.JPGimage2.JPG

#2542 6 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

That looks really cool, I love mine as well.....

Can you take some pics of the underside to show what you used and how you mounted them?

#2543 6 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

This conversion is a thing??? Is it the whole shebang? Or just the cap? I must know! In operation the stock DE caps crack yearly

#2544 6 years ago

What is a good score with the Chad 1.07 update?

#2545 6 years ago

Experimenting with homemade side boards, outside of time and using the color copier at work I have about $1.50 invested per side for laminating (big spender).
Whatcha think?

20180402_213147 (resized).jpg20180402_213147 (resized).jpg

#2546 6 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

Experimenting with homemade side boards, outside of time and using the color copier at work I have about $1.50 invested per side for laminating (big spender).
Whatcha think?

I like these! I feel like my playfield is too tight for these. I'd be willing to try something DIY though. Care to send files via PM? Will a FedEx place print these or do they care about copyright? I'm not supposed to use the color printer at work

#2547 6 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

This conversion is a thing??? Is it the whole shebang? Or just the cap? I must know! In operation the stock DE caps crack yearly

What I did was replace the Hex spacers with a #6 nut, so you essentially have the same ring and rod as a normal assembly. The Pop bumper bodies still have the holes for regular caps, so I just bought some new Williams caps and 1/2" pop bumper screws from Pinball Life. I did replace the discs and got translucent bodies from Zitt but that shouldnt be necessary.

The only issue I noticed is that the bulb holder seems taller, and the cap wont fit with an incandescent bulb. My Comet order came yesterday and I'm putting in pop bumper discs anyway, so hopefully it'll all fit.

IMG_5656 (resized).jpgIMG_5656 (resized).jpg

#2548 6 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

What I did was replace the Hex spacers with a #6 nut, so you essentially have the same ring and rod as a normal assembly. The Pop bumper bodies still have the holes for regular caps, so I just bought some new Williams caps and 1/2" pop bumper screws from Pinball Life. I did replace the discs and got translucent bodies from zitt but that shouldnt be necessary.
The only issue I noticed is that the bulb holder seems taller, and the cap wont fit with an incandescent bulb. My Comet order came yesterday and I'm putting in pop bumper discs anyway, so hopefully it'll all fit.

I used a taller hex spacer, led light and a black allen cap screw. I also have used urathane washers in many areas to keep from overtightening or loosening up over time.

#2549 6 years ago

led strips for scoop lighting...

0AF1258D-5AEC-4C60-85DB-2A515C51D4BE (resized).jpeg0AF1258D-5AEC-4C60-85DB-2A515C51D4BE (resized).jpeg

05860340-D21D-4ED1-B927-E8738C29F26D (resized).jpeg05860340-D21D-4ED1-B927-E8738C29F26D (resized).jpeg

#2550 6 years ago

my inside decals...

FC1D9E0E-DE7A-464F-B5D4-FC794CFAD3A9 (resized).jpegFC1D9E0E-DE7A-464F-B5D4-FC794CFAD3A9 (resized).jpeg

F85183A1-E2B9-478C-91DB-DCB51660C821 (resized).jpegF85183A1-E2B9-478C-91DB-DCB51660C821 (resized).jpeg

DEA04760-4DD3-45DE-BE31-005437C728C7 (resized).jpegDEA04760-4DD3-45DE-BE31-005437C728C7 (resized).jpeg

F8A28C52-01A5-45DB-BA66-9E6E43252A77 (resized).jpegF8A28C52-01A5-45DB-BA66-9E6E43252A77 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,740 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome/page/51?hl=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.